AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private recording question

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18, 2022
Genuine question here. When a private is recorded on Chaturbate, is it the site that records it or one of the users computers? For instance, could a bad connection on the viewers end cause the models computer to record a black screen?

Background: Went into a private, short time in the model's camera went black. Restarted connection multiple times on my end with no luck. She insisted it was my computer, but would leave the room. Room never ends until the minimum time. I mentioned I feel like I got scammed. She never offered a refund continues to say it was my laptop. Asked if all her privates go like this and i got kicked (not my finest moment i know). Got the recorded video and screen goes black after a minute. Past experience with privates has been that the video turns out fine as long as model's connection is fine. I submitted a support ticket but she said I agreed to no refund (this was never discussed) and I said it was my laptop (for the record I never mentioned my platform which happened to be mobile). Support ticket states sorry this wasn't resolved the way you wanted.

Private recordings are done on the CB server side, not locally.
In your 'My Collection' tab, what is the duration of the recording in minutes?
If there is audio during playback, does it end at the same time as the screen goes black?
TBH, it sounds like there was a technical issue and the private effectively ended before the minimum duration was up, so you were charged the full minimum length.
If so, it's not the model's fault.

Reactions: Steve__
Private recordings are done on the CB server side, not locally.
In your 'My Collection' tab, what is the duration of the recording in minutes?
If there is audio during playback, does it end at the same time as the screen goes black?
TBH, it sounds like there was a technical issue and the private effectively ended before the minimum duration was up, so you were charged the full minimum length.
If so, it's not the model's fault.
So the video is full minimum length. Sound doesn't immediately stop when camera goes black. The model's OBS stays up the entire time too.

If CB’s recording of the private show also goes black, then the problem was definitely not on your end.

It has to have been either a CB glitch or a problem with the model’s cam or connection. But if you had a technical issue with your own computer or connection, the CB recording would still be ok, in theory.

As others have said, the fact the screen goes black and the recording is black, is the models' end. Any fault that has made it go black, or she deliberately did it.
You could contact support and explain the situation, give them your username and the date/time of the video in your collection and explain that the model would not end the private and was blaming you. I think this is definitely a case where it's fair on your part to request tokens back.

My understanding is that live stream feeds have separate audio and video components. So if the recording has audio continuing after the video goes to a black screen, then it seems likely that the video component of the live stream was lost while the audio continued. I've had issues with the loss of just audio during a private, so I think losing just video is possible too.
Perhaps when you 'restarted connection multiple times on my end' it effectively disconnected the private show, hence being charged for the minimum 10 minute duration.
Now, the loss of video (if that's what happened) could be for a couple of reasons, either a technical fault or a deliberate act, like covering the camera lens. But for it to be deliberate, there would have to be a trigger.

When someone is using OBS, they can choose what audio and video inputs they want to broadcast. Turning off the video, and leaving the audio on is as simple as clicking hide video camera. Turning both off is just as easy.

And a model can easily check to see if their stream is working. All they have to do is load up their feed on the CB website.

Option one, they had no video, and didn't bother to check.
Option two, they knew they had no video.

You should ask for a refund.
Don't feel bad, they didn't give you a show.

The most common private scams is trying to get the customer to leave early.
Second is running out the clock. That can be not being ready for a private, having to take a call, technical difficulties.
third is promising free toy control, and not delivering. Usually by giving out fake toy codes, and claiming technical difficulties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.