AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Probs with ManyCam, Logitech c615, & browsers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkiePixi

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 11, 2012
Purgatory
pinkiepixi.cammodels.com
Twitter Username
@pinkiepixi
MFC Username
pinkiepixi
Streamate Username
pinkiepixi
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/165388/PinkiePixi/
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/62623/pinkiepixii
So for the longest time I had been using a program called CamTwist to put a banner on my video feed (I had though ManyCam wasnt available for Macs which is what I use). It was working perfectly in Chrome - and it did up until about a week or two ago, when it still technically worked fine, but my sound was all messed up (I was told I sounded like a decepticon) - this seemed to be a problem with Chrome, not CamTwist - the sound problem persisted even with a straight cam feed. I have since tried what JJ suggested to me, deleting all extensions and resetting Chrome. It still happened.

So I tried using Safari (which I have never used before). It was working fine with my straight video feed up until a few days ago. Now I cant even log into the broadcaster. I keep hitting login, it will do its thing then bring me back to the login - once every few clicks it will go through and load up the page, but Im almost immediately logged back out then. Even when it was working though, it never registered CamTwist as a camera option.

So... I resorted back to Firefox. I used to use it exclusively but randomly one day months ago, my computer just couldnt handle it - and it would crash and burn and load so slow. I tried using it to cam from though - and I could log in, and my straight video feed worked just great. Again though - it didnt register CamTwist as a camera option. So for the last few days Ive been using Firefox without my banner on my feed.

Last night I found and got ManyCam. It looks great - and it works just fine with my built in i-sight camera, but when I plug in my Logitech c615 and try and use it as a source, the program tells me it cannot do it, and defaults back to a solid color feed source. Not to mention its kind of annoying that I cant save and autoload setups, I have to reposition my banner and text every time I open the program.

While using Firefox yesterday, I could select ManyCam as a video source - but of course it didnt work with my camera. So... what do I do? I dont like camming without a banner on my feed. :( This is kind of frustrating - Im tech savvy... but apparently not quite enough to figure this out.

Try webcammax.

There's a free trial so you can check it out before you buy it.

I use an early 2009 iMac, running 10.8.2 of OS X. I also have a C615 from Logitech. My Manycam picks up the feed just fine. Have you updated it to the latest version for your OS?

The only issue with the c615 and Manycam I see is it kind of stretches the image out, height wise.

Not sure about the model broadcaster. But through Chrome on my iMac, this is what I get. Also, run disk utility and repair your permissions, especially if you haven't done so in a while. You'd be amazed at how many OS X permissions get changed over time into the wrong permissions.

Yes, you all get to see my ugly mug now. :p

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 3.47.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 3.47.24 AM.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 3.49.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 3.49.34 AM.png
    441 KB · Views: 210
I just downloaded ManyCam the other day - so Im assuming its the newest version. My Mac is two years old and is running on version 10.6.8 - so idk. Hell, idk what that even means. But Im running the repair thingy now - an estimated 33 minutes. Ive never ran it before. So Ill give it another shot tomorrow I suppose! Thank you so much!!! Pfft and your mug is not ugly.

LadyLuna said:
Try webcammax.

There's a free trial so you can check it out before you buy it.

If all else fails, Ill look into that! :h:

Miss_Heidi said:
I can't get Manycam or Webcam Max or CamTwist to work with my mac either. And the broadcaster has to be reloaded 10 or more times just to get it to open.

MFC still hates mac.

Are you using Safari for modelweb? If you are, try Firefox. (I would suggest chrome, but I don't think they have a mac version...)

Good luck!

There is a Mac version of Chrome, Luna.

But, it isn't the most stable when it comes to Flash. Then again, no browser really is on any OS. The difference being that Google updates the Flash for Chrome, not Adobe. When I update Flash on my system, it only updates for FF and Safari. Chrome has that odd bastardized built in Flash that crashes... a lot.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I've been having these same problems!! I tried to update safari hoping that would work but now it won't open cause I don't have the newest version. I got firefox and it seems to run the modelweb fine, but I can't get my camtwist to appear as an option on modelweb!! I feel strange and exposed without my "©LucyGoodtimes at MyFreeCams" thang. Is there any other browser that works well for model web I can download on my mac?

I havent been able to fix it yet :/

LucyGoodtimes said:
I've been having these same problems!! I tried to update safari hoping that would work but now it won't open cause I don't have the newest version. I got firefox and it seems to run the modelweb fine, but I can't get my camtwist to appear as an option on modelweb!! I feel strange and exposed without my "©LucyGoodtimes at MyFreeCams" thang. Is there any other browser that works well for model web I can download on my mac?

Make sure CamTwist is on before trying to load up anything that uses your cam. Sometimes the browsers/programs won't detect third party cam software if it is turned on after the program using the cam is activated. I haven't updated my camtwist in ages, so I can't really give it a shot to see if it works for me in browsers.

REALLY EXCITED!!!!!

Ok, so I updated Safari cause I thought maybe that was the issue - then I couldn't open Safari because my OS was too old...

So I just updated to Mountain Lion (10.8.2) and Safari works and ON THE FIRST TRY I logged into modelweb on safari!!

I have yet to actually get on cam yet - so we'll see if everything runs smoothly - but so far looks good!! :D :D :D :D :D

Any update on this?

I KNOW there are several girls who can straight from Macs without a Windows partition but I'm having so much trouble :( when I cammed on my iMac I just used bootcamp & the old MFC software but I really don't want to do that on my new MacBook

So far in Safari the broadcaster will load but when it gets to "allow/deny" cam window it just freezes so I cant allow it or do anything (although chat still works), in Firefox it won't even connect to the broadcaster and in Chrome it broadcasters but I'm stretched vertically and sound like a robot. FML. :-x

I'm using iGlasses too. and I've tried with photobooth open and without (I know this helped one girl with the image distortion). Any other ideas?

I am using Firefox on my iMac with no iglasses/camtwist/manycam- I just connect straight to my Logitech camera. It's the only way it works, but like I said before, I have to refresh the broadcaster like 10 or more times to get it to load.

I would use Manycam, but it does this weird thing on my mac where it works fine until I click on another window other than Manycam- then the program freezes my cam as a still shot until I click Manycam as the front window again. No clue how to fix that...sooo :\

Reactions: HollieCakes
I still havent fixed the problem entirely, but I have a bit. First - I upgraded my OSX to the newest one.

Chrome - I followed instructions on here to disable the built in flash that Chrome uses, so it forced it to use the flash I had installed on my computer. Now I can cam on chrome without sounding like a robot! My camtwist works - but my frame rate is horrible. I got manycam to work, but it takes the widescreen feed of my cam and compresses it to standard so it looks horrible. Ive been using Chrome mainly again, though today for some reason it refused to accept my logitech cam as a source.

Safari - fixed itself, still doesnt recognize camtwist or manycam, but I can log in and broadcast from there no problem.

Firefox - Still doesnt recognize camtwist or manycam, but works fine.

Reactions: HollieCakes
Miss_Heidi said:
I am using Firefox on my iMac with no iglasses/camtwist/manycam- I just connect straight to my Logitech camera. It's the only way it works, but like I said before, I have to refresh the broadcaster like 10 or more times to get it to load.

I would use Manycam, but it does this weird thing on my mac where it works fine until I click on another window other than Manycam- then the program freezes my cam as a still shot until I click Manycam as the front window again. No clue how to fix that...sooo :\

Firefox was the only one I got to work with sound properly. I used iGlasses though! Emma_D recommended first opening Photo Booth, switching photoshoot to the iSight (built in cam) then back to iGlasses (Logitech) THEN opening firefox.. loading like 10 times lol... TA DA :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.