AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Profile Designs

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 17, 2012
Hi,

im not sure if this is really the right place to post it, but i stumbled upon that forum when i googled smth about profile editing. Im a professional designer and i spent the whole day designing my profile. http://profiles.myfreecams.com/xhiBseN
Id like to ask if there are models willing to pay some money for highly customized designs with full social integration. I can do a lot more then what my profiles shows right now, there is just no need for galleries or videos on my profile.
To sum it up: I search for a model that has a decent camscore and wants her page to be redesigned. Ill do it for a very small fee to get a little portfolio running, just to get some attention.

I hope you dont bother me posting this. It should not be some kind of advertisment, but i think both sides can gain profit from it.

Kind regards

Lordofluck

Reactions: Evvie
That's really nice design and lay out on your page. I rather enjoyed it. I'm sure some would be willing to pay you for designs. I actually have a very old reg of mine who does coding and graphics for me in exchange for a skype show every now and then. We both get something we like. How much do you normally charge for this kinda thing?

Looks nice!

Hi there, thanks for the compliment. Since i never did any profiles of mfc, i think of just doing my first one for free and see how much work this is, because im not 100% sure how fussy u models are ;) contact me if you have time to talk about it, since i'll need at least 2 high res pictures to make it more personal and stuff. i need to know which colors, which style etc etc.

My camscore just tanked, slit it's own wrist and probably buried itself so I doubt I qualify for your " a decent camscore" requirement but I am looking for someone to help me with my profile. I know exactly what I want but its not extravagant. If you would like to work with me, please let me know. I'm very interested and don't mind spending a little bit of money on coding my profile.

Yes because that means he's the perfect choice to make profiles for people that predominantly speak English.

No reason for i's not to be capitalized and his major to be misspelled.

Miss_Lollipop said:
... why does his spelling and grammar matter though? I would assume you would send him the text already written, which he would copy paste into his designs?

Because having mistakes on his own profile gives the impression that he doesn't, well, sorry to be vulgar, but doesn't give a shit about the details. Design isn't just about making things look pretty, it has to be functional and legible. Also, it's INCREDIBLY rare for ANY client to give you 100% of the text that is needed for the work. The vast vast majority of the time, a lot of the content is generated by the designer.

I know that in the profiles I have created for models on here, I have re-written what they have given me, or written a lot of it from scratch.

Reactions: Jessi J
I'd say that starz' profile is fairly nice, but has some major problems as well, namely in how the the headers line up with the content below, and especially how the friends section is aligned. Whoever did the coding really did a poor job of that.

There are only a few truly wonderful looking profile designs on MFC, and the vast majority of those seem to be done by the same person. And it's not the guy offering his services for $25, though his graphics are indeed nice especially at that price.

js423 said:
I'd say that starz' profile is fairly nice, but has some major problems as well, namely in how the the headers line up with the content below, and especially how the friends section is aligned. Whoever did the coding really did a poor job of that.

There are only a few truly wonderful looking profile designs on MFC, and the vast majority of those seem to be done by the same person. And it's not the guy offering his services for $25, though his graphics are indeed nice especially at that price.

OhMyStarz' profile is not coded, but rather an experiment with what you can do with the background image alone.

Her profile is currently being developed. The stuff in place right now is temporary.

And thanks for the comments regarding my graphics. :)

js423 said:

Skip doesn't code, so working around it worked out well. I don't care about having a profile that looks like christineash's I just want one that doesn't look like myspace. He did a great job of making my profile in the amount of time he took. I asked him for a new profile and before I even got on cam that evening he had worked one up for me. It was simply so I can showcase what videos I had before I got on to test a new way of selling videos.

He doesn't offer services at $25 that was a limited time thing for those that needed a revamp but cannot afford $200 on a new profile. That's a great deal for work that is done that well. It's not coded to have mouseover and flash but it looks how I wanted it to for now.

Well I gathered he did not do code, but that question from a model on the other thread was left unanswered

skiphop90 said:
js423 said:

OhMyStarz' profile is not coded, but rather an experiment with what you can do with the background image alone.

Her profile is currently being developed. The stuff in place right now is temporary.

And thanks for the comments regarding my graphics. :)

Kudos for the idea, but take a look at how Chrome is rendering it. Notice the overlapping text:
bzDVj.png

That's because they aren't able to figure out how to hide some of the default MFC info that is being displayed. The new profile graphics look quite nice though.

js423 said:
That's because they aren't able to figure out how to hide some of the default MFC info that is being displayed. The new profile graphics look quite nice though.
Ah, I thought it was just a problem in one browser. The design looks nice, looking forward what you come up with for the coded version. By the way, removing the overlapping text in the header may be as easy as
Code:
.status_key, .status_value{opacity:0;}
in custom CSS.

Reactions: Evvie
Lol, so funny how the graphic designers have to rip each other a new asshole.

Play nice! Just as much as camgirls shouldn't bash each other because it doesn't look good, I think the same rules apply for graphic designers, or well all people in any field. Wouldn't want to work with either of you based on attitude!

Don't like each others work, carry the fuck on. They obviously have some learning to do.

LacieLaPlante said:
Lol, so funny how the graphic designers have to rip each other a new asshole.

Play nice! Just as much as camgirls shouldn't bash each other because it doesn't look good, I think the same rules apply for graphic designers, or well all people in any field. Wouldn't want to work with either of you based on attitude!

Don't like each others work, carry the fuck on. They obviously have some learning to do.

Well said Lacie. I'm a designer and whether I like the other designer's work or not, I'm not going to slag them - design is a form of art and everyone does have a different view on art... Not everyone will like my work and I'm not going to like everyone else's - that's just life, that's how it is.

I haven't even worked on my own profile on mfc, I've only worked on one mfc profile, for my wife Tia_Fae, and haven't looked into the way mfc code is much yet, though I plan to. Once I've fiddled with coding profiles more then I'll open up to offer to do some for other models that need to get a nicer looking profile. My standard business is doing custom sites for people, so anyone that is in need of that feel free to PM me and I'll send you links to my business site so you can see my work.

Status
Not open for further replies.