AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Proof Reading

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 5, 2021
Would you be offended if a user suggested corrections regarding spelling and grammar on your Bio or Tip Menu?

I always wanted to ask this. I am a professional content writer and editor. I see mistakes all the time!
Not really sure if it is a turn off for members - probably not. But still curious.

I would let it go.
The only time I ever commented to a model (in a paid PM btw) about her tip menu was because she had 'show ass - 90' and 'oil ass - 70'.
She had to show her ass to oil it, guys had spotted this and were never tipping for the higher amount.
She was so pleased to realise this and switched the menu items around.

if you must, do it with a tip. if not fuck off grammar nazi.

on streamate, we have limited characters. i think it's 500? my old profile i had to leave out punctuation, ignore grammar, and abbreviate to get everything i wanted in there.

i had so many annoying people trying to correct my "mistakes."

Sorry to have touched a nerve. I was specifically thinking about a model that is relaunching as an independent after being fired by her studio. She was showing me her page before she launches and as English isn't her first language, she had some typos in her bio. Based upon the feedback here I will never mentioned them.

English is not my main language & html code is also not something with i am good at.
So, of course I would love to know if there are any mistakes in my bio or anything that i can change to make it better.

I would prefer if someone will tell me about that in tip note or offline(insta or something), but if it would happen during the stream (but my streams are not nude&masturbation ones, so it's okay to chat about everything) i would just say that i will contact him after stream about that, if he have time.
Sometimes people are saying that i pronounce something wrong (they are trying to do that only if it change sense of what i am saying or it's very visible) and it's awesome for me too(of course if it happens from time to time), because i can learn good way, lol.

I was showing my bio to other person before uploading on a site and he told me that it's not fully visible when you have smaller screen. I was very happy that he told me, because other way i would not have known about this 🤷‍♀️ I also always wrote "metting" instead of "meeting" and was very happy when someone told me about that mistake too.

Personally, I do it with a model I KNOW who will be fine with me doing it and she would be happy to have it corrected.
For example, models that are wanting to better learn English. But I will always say it nicely and politely to her. Most are mistakes or corrections that can still be understood by users.
Some models who aren't native English speakers may even then ask me to let her know if there are other mistakes in the tip menu or bio (especially the tip menu). Some things can be funny little errors, like "Private Massage" instead of "Private Message". Some languages seem to translate "e" to "a" in words. I am not sure if this is by an error of the model, or if it's an actual translator on an app/website. I see "Striptise" a lot, especially with Russian/Ukrainian. I have only ever mentioned it to one model and that is because we get on very well - but she is one who would be happy to learn better and more so she can speak it better and pronounce things better and more correctly.

I have had some models ask if I could send them a voice recording on a particular phrase so they can learn how to say it correctly in English, or they will send me one first and ask for feedback.
(I never claim to be a professional, but obviously, with being Engish I hope I am proficient enough to be able to help a little lol)

Of course it is a different situation if you have built rapport with the performer or they have specifically asked for your input. But, out of the blue, I don't think it's appropriate to bring up during their stream unless you are doing it as previously mentioned. Privately because drawing attention away from their show is rude, and in a tip note as you said, not to touch a nerve, making it clear that you intend to be helpful and not a bother. Even well intentioned "help" can come across the wrong way if you offer it in the wrong setting. Maybe ask if you are unsure whether or not they'd like the assistance. Otherwise yeah let it go, either they don't care or they will figure it out another way.

I was never suggesting to do this during a stream but obviously it is a bad idea so thanks. I will keep my mouth shut.

I was never suggesting to do this during a stream but obviously it is a bad idea so thanks. I will keep my mouth shut.
your going off my negative reaction. i dont like people bringing up errors in my profile while streaming. if you do it in a private message and with a tip, it shouldn't be an issue.

Reactions: Brit and NotYou
I did once tip a model off about typos in her profile and a particularly bizarre use of words she liked to use in her spanglish*, but language pitfalls was often a subject in our messaging anyway. Other that that I'll let everything fly. Some are obviously dyslectic, some have evidently put a lot of effort into their English bio, while other errors are so small it makes no sense to nitpick.

*) She translated my english into spanish, then translated her spanish reply back to english and just pasted it into the PM. The word "teasing" ALWAYS came back through the double translation as as "mockery" 😄

yeah, I'm talking about things like: "Open Tits 25tk"
How the fuck do you open your tits? haha

I'd appreciate it. I used to be a pro proof reader but I've always had a blind spot for my own writing on screen. Last month there was "adn" on an auto message that I wrote and not one person said a thing for 2 weeks. I was totally mortified when I noticed it while updating something entirely different. Just don't be a dick about it and I never mind being corrected.

Would you be offended if a user suggested corrections regarding spelling and grammar on your Bio or Tip Menu?

This seems silly to me. She's not writing a college essay. Unless she asks for suggestions on how to improve her bio or tip menu, I wouldn't say anything. Lots of people make mistakes like that...with one of the more common ones being the "your"/"you're" thing.

Now if her tip menu says something like 'Bobs' or 'Show bob', maybe you could send her a tip note (or a private message) that says "On your tip menu, did you mean to say boobs?" Lol. That way you're not correcting her in front of everyone in public chat, and possibly embarrassing her.

Sorry to have touched a nerve. I was specifically thinking about a model that is relaunching as an independent after being fired by her studio. She was showing me her page before she launches and as English isn't her first language, she had some typos in her bio. Based upon the feedback here I will never mentioned them.

Ah, okay. My bad. If you had mentioned this in your original post, my reply would've been a little different. If she showed you her page to get some feedback before making it public, she'd probably appreciate your help with those things. As long as you do it privately, like in a private message or the site's e-mail system (On MFC we call it "MFC Mail").

Ah, okay. My bad. If you had mentioned this in your original post, my reply would've been a little different. If she showed you her page to get some feedback before making it public, she'd probably appreciate your help with those things. As long as you do it privately, like in a private message or the site's e-mail system (On MFC we call it "MFC Mail").
We chat regularly on Instagram when she is not working. And have an email address. So privately was my plan. It is the same bio from her studio page but now that she is independent I figured I might offer some assistance. Wish I had been more clear in my original post. ❤️

I'd appreciate it. I used to be a pro proof reader but I've always had a blind spot for my own writing on screen. Last month there was "adn" on an auto message that I wrote and not one person said a thing for 2 weeks. I was totally mortified when I noticed it while updating something entirely different. Just don't be a dick about it and I never mind being corrected.
I feel the same way. It is like having a booger on your nose and no one says anything. "You let me walk around like this????" 😂

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Status
Not open for further replies.