AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pros and Cons of different cam sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 21, 2014
I've just started camming on streamate, and the money isn't bad, per say. I don't really have anything to compare it to anyway. I know I'll have to see what works best for me. A few posts I've seen say that streamate is rather unpredictable in regards to traffic and money.

What I'm wondering is the pros and cons of different sites I've seen. I understand that not all models belong to all sites, that would be silly, but some have to have joined one or two, right?

Streamate?
Cams4?
Chaturbate?
MFC?
Jasmin?
Camster?
NudeLive?
Naked.com?

Which sites make payments easy/difficult?
Is joining easy?
How is traffic?
How is the overall atmosphere?
Additional features?
What site have you found your favorite customers?

I realize this may be a question to post in the models only area, but I only just applied and I know amber doesn't grant that status again until Tuesday.

Alexa.com is a good place to look if you want to see what kind of traffic a place has.

It's worth noting the average amount a time a user spends on the site too. There's one very well known camsite which has the highest traffic by far, but most of that is generated through popups, and the average visit time is only two minutes. Compare that with others like MFC where the average is 11 minutes, and Chaturbate where it's 20+ and you'll see why those site are better.

I've heard that Streamate and Chaturbate are the best for starting out. MFC can be difficult for starting out because of the camscore, it's the only site I've been on, and I feel very lucky to have solidified myself in the 1600 range the first week because I had close to no idea as to what I was doing. I don't want to discourage anyone from starting on MFC, but there is that extra challenge to keep in mind.

LiveJasmin doesn't seem like a great place to start since most models seem to be either in studios or more well seasoned. Also, I don't think you can be featured at the top or in the scroll unless you have professional grade pictures, most newbies won't have those yet!

I've tried 4 camsites.

As Tallula said, MFC can be really harsh and you really have to know your stuff there. It's much more involved than Streamate on a social level, and you have to keep innovating and entertaining constantly. It's much less consistent than a site like Streamate. However, a lot of models do really well there! It's all about what works best for you. The highs are definitely high and you feel amazing. The lows, well...not so much.

Chaturbate is sort of meh for me, but again, a lot of models find it really good for them and their camming style. I do really like that you can use tokens that you earn to tip other models, I think that's super cool.

LiveJasmin, just...no. The interface is ridiculous from the models end, it's WAY more complicated than it needs to be, support is, practically speaking, non-existent. I'm sure a lot of girls have had success with it, but I had an absolutely horrible experience. So bad, in fact, I didn't even stay long enough to make payout.

Streamate, thus far, has been my most successful site and the site I like the most. I enjoy that I don't have to be on top of 2894 forms of social media just to keep/get my place with fans, I like the interface, and of course, the money is good too. This is just the site that I, personally, have found most enjoyable thus far.

I'd recommend signing up for a few different sites. It took me quite a bit of shifting around to figure out what I like best, and what one model loves, another might not. It's not really effective to look at where other models are successful/why, because it's SO different for everybody. We have a couple models here who do SUPER well on MFC, a couple Chaturbate models, and a few Streamate models. It's a good mix here, and different things work for everybody. Or combinations of sites!

I hope this helped, I sort of started to ramble.

One thing I'm curious about, site comparison-wise, is what types of audience do they attract? Just going to the front pages of MFC, Streamate, and Chaturbate I feel like they all market to a completely different audience. I'm a newbie too, basically trying to soak up as much info as I can before camming and I'm really curious about this.

MFC: Front page is all faces. Hovering over cam preview most girls seem to be chatting face to face, maybe topless. Google result says "#1 free adult webcam community" implying while it may be adult oriented, "sex" isn't all it offers.
Streamate: Slightly more risque pics on the front page, side bar features fetish-based tags. Google result says "Live sex webcam video chat" as if they're advertising people getting dirty right on cam.
Chaturbate: Front page has vagina close-ups, blowjobs, people having sex... and a couple girls sitting topless and chatting. Google says "Free adult webcames, live sex, free sex chat" really pushing the "sex" theme.

I'm someone who'd prefer to keep my panties on, play games, read to, and chat with the audience and relate to them on a personal level rather than *just* be a sexual thrill. I don't want to be expected to spread my legs and fap in a public space. Just comparing the above three and what type of audience they seem to be pandering to, I'd say I prefer MFC, would consider Streamate, but Chaturbate is right out, but everyone around here seems to echo that MFC is hard for a newbie due to camscore and is better off being avoided in favor of one of the others.

Oh and some personal advice to other newbies contemplating which site to choose: 4chan's /b/ board used to raid Livejasmine and harass models into oblivion (the site turns up in their ads a lot). I don't know how often they do it now but I remember ~a year ago they harassed some dyed hair model into crying on live cam.

I don't think MFC is necessarily a bad choice for a newbie if you do lots of research beforehand. It does take a degree of luck in the beginning, but it seems like you might enjoy the vibe of MFC more than SM. I started off as a camming newbie on MFC and it's still going well for me. I'm on SM too and while it's more consistent money usually (I know that if I sign on for an hour, I can pretty much count on a certain amount, whereas I might spend 3 hours on MFC for that amount on a slow day) it's not where I feel "at home".

Chaturbate is sorted by number of people in the room, so the naked & fucking will be on the first page. But that doesn't mean you can just hang around and chat. You just won't have 2,000 people watching. I have a friend who just does that, she's very casual, logs in every couple of month when she wants a confidence boost and just chats and dances sexily.

I agree with Cora- give MFC a go and see how you do. It's not like you need to stick to only one camsite, either. Make accounts on a few and see what you like. Maybe even try a content site like Clips4Sale, too. There's a wide world of smut out there.

I will argue that SM does have the potential for a social atmosphere, but it takes a while to build up a room who likes that, and even then it's still pretty orgasm related. And LiveJasmin is also pretty shitty because their support is terrible and the interface is horrid for trying to cam on.

There's lots of research you can here before broadcasting, but I think you should just try a few sites and see what you like once you're broadcasting.

Busty_Betsy said:
Streamate?
Cams4?
Chaturbate?
MFC?
Jasmin?
Camster?
NudeLive?
Naked.com?
NudeLive is a white label of Chaturbate
Camster is a white lable of Naked.com, though it seems they are now trying to make Camster the primary site

Streamate? I liked the pay, but hated the small cut the models get (but they do get traffic). I plan on soon using it as my vanilla site, since my main site (KinkLive) is a bit too kinky for some. ^.^

Chaturbate? I had hopes for Chaturbate, and wanted to start working there myself, but I keep hearing about the random banning of models...so yeah gonna wait on that.

MFC? I started out on MCF in mid-2012. I love MFC, but the site is a constantly challenging and evolving beast.

Definitely get a model verification, because you need to study up for MFC. You don't want to throw away your new model status, which I believe last for the first 10 hours after you log onto cam. This means if you cam for 1 hr and sign out, then even if you're off cam for 9 hours...it's gone (my old roommate did this). When I started it was MUCH longer, and only while you were on cam.

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1696

Sorry for double post, but I wanted to add this. I haven't worked on SM since around February though. Mainly I was bored because nobody would ever chat with me there. I would work there and MFC at the time. MFC was my yay hang out with the guys time, then I'd pop onto Streamate when I wasn't making enough and just wait to go to private with resting-bored-face. No matter what I did they just wouldn't talk. Also, I know pay and traffic has been a bit nuts for everyone right now. :/

Reactions: Busty_Betsy
Ann_Sulu said:
You don't want to throw away your new model status, which I believe last for the first 10 hours after you log onto cam. This means if you cam for 1 hr and sign out, then even if you're off cam for 9 hours...it's gone (my old roommate did this). When I started it was MUCH longer, and only while you were on cam.

I think that's changed. Because I signed on for a few hours with my new model account in October, and then 3 weeks later, and I still had that stupid tag. So I think it's just broadcast hours.

CharlotteLace said:
Ann_Sulu said:
You don't want to throw away your new model status, which I believe last for the first 10 hours after you log onto cam. This means if you cam for 1 hr and sign out, then even if you're off cam for 9 hours...it's gone (my old roommate did this). When I started it was MUCH longer, and only while you were on cam.

I think that's changed. Because I signed on for a few hours with my new model account in October, and then 3 weeks later, and I still had that stupid tag. So I think it's just broadcast hours.

Fair enough...no idea. Either way I'd get model verification here.

Thanks everyone for all your input, it really helps.

As far as Jasmin goes, that's what it was starting to look like. Everything was just so perfect in the pictures but since it's only private there, I never saw the models live.

Streamate seems pretty sex centric and after a weekend, my lower lips were just a little swollen and I almost nicked myself shaving. I don't want to just jump onto MFC before I gain some kind of following first. I only have about 300 followers and I don't even know if I have any regulars, much less who they would be.

I've been thinking about joining chaturbate since I read somewhere that it's another good site for newbies. Mostly I'm still curious about camster and cam4. And also, what does 'white label' mean?

Reactions: Rebecca Buck
"White Label" simply means its an established site feed that someone (legally) uses and makes their own front page and as such, is able to collect a percentage of the revenue. It's always best to work for the original or parent site.

SenaLuna said:
One thing I'm curious about, site comparison-wise, is what types of audience do they attract? Just going to the front pages of MFC, Streamate, and Chaturbate I feel like they all market to a completely different audience. I'm a newbie too, basically trying to soak up as much info as I can before camming and I'm really curious about this.

MFC: Front page is all faces. Hovering over cam preview most girls seem to be chatting face to face, maybe topless. Google result says "#1 free adult webcam community" implying while it may be adult oriented, "sex" isn't all it offers.
Streamate: Slightly more risque pics on the front page, side bar features fetish-based tags. Google result says "Live sex webcam video chat" as if they're advertising people getting dirty right on cam.
Chaturbate: Front page has vagina close-ups, blowjobs, people having sex... and a couple girls sitting topless and chatting. Google says "Free adult webcames, live sex, free sex chat" really pushing the "sex" theme.

I'm someone who'd prefer to keep my panties on, play games, read to, and chat with the audience and relate to them on a personal level rather than *just* be a sexual thrill. I don't want to be expected to spread my legs and fap in a public space. Just comparing the above three and what type of audience they seem to be pandering to, I'd say I prefer MFC, would consider Streamate, but Chaturbate is right out, but everyone around here seems to echo that MFC is hard for a newbie due to camscore and is better off being avoided in favor of one of the others.

Oh and some personal advice to other newbies contemplating which site to choose: 4chan's /b/ board used to raid Livejasmine and harass models into oblivion (the site turns up in their ads a lot). I don't know how often they do it now but I remember ~a year ago they harassed some dyed hair model into crying on live cam.

There's nothing wrong with starting out on MFC if that seems to fit your style, that's where I started and I did fine, it's also been the only site I've been on. Just be aware and prepared of what you're getting into, especially with the score. Don't expect immediate success, but if you aim to have a camscore over 1000 (mine was consistently 1500-1600), you should do okay.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Busty_Betsy said:
Thanks everyone for all your input, it really helps.

As far as Jasmin goes, that's what it was starting to look like. Everything was just so perfect in the pictures but since it's only private there, I never saw the models live.

Streamate seems pretty sex centric and after a weekend, my lower lips were just a little swollen and I almost nicked myself shaving. I don't want to just jump onto MFC before I gain some kind of following first. I only have about 300 followers and I don't even know if I have any regulars, much less who they would be.

I've been thinking about joining chaturbate since I read somewhere that it's another good site for newbies. Mostly I'm still curious about camster and cam4. And also, what does 'white label' mean?

Since you mentioned that your ladybits are getting sore, I just want to point out to you that you can TOTALLY do easier-on-your-body masturbation on Streammate. There are plenty of viewers who are happy to just see you enjoy yourself, and if you're only using fingers or a vibe on your clit, they're pretty happy just to see a hot lady getting off.

If you do want to do more intense masturbation, that's cool, too. If you can get a non-textured glass dildo or two, they are a deal easier on your body than other materials and can lead to less irritation. And make sure to use plenty of lube - I have never had a complaint from someone about me pumping a couple squirts of lube onto my pussy or my dildo "to get things started". Some models prefer to keep the bottle just off screen and get a couple quick pumps, then finger themselves to apply. Both methods work equally well! I definitely recommend finding lube in a pump bottle, or transferring it into one, because it makes your life a thousand times easier!

SenaLuna said:

I personally use chaturbate because of the interface and my favorite models are more or less on there so I may be a bit biased but from what I've seen as viewer:

MFC is the place to hang out doing raffles, talking, etc followed by shorter amounts of erotic play. Of course this is a generalization but if you click the "preview" button on MFC you're more likely to so a bunch of faces than action. (I'm not saying this is bad)

CB is faster, at least in the eyes of a user. It doesn't utilize cam score and your position on the pages is based solely on viewer count by default. Meaning the faster you get to business the faster you get on the front page. This promotes smaller goals until you gain a following or you have established yourself somehow which means your income may be lower to start but will most likely grow if you have a good personality, good body etc.

I'm not going to name drop but there's one user on CB that I frequently tip that absolutely blazes (No I'm not talking about her) though her goals. The biggest way to get success on cam sites is to not only gain a large user base but to have people that regularly tip large amounts attracted to your stream. Just my quick advice on how to obtain this is to do entertaining, erotic shows as well as having an entertaining personality for when you aren't doing shows.

If you do decide, stick primarily with only one site.

I've noticed that more models tend to end up on only one or two sites in the end. It seems to me that an informed decision is always best, and while I obviously won't know for sure right off the bat which one would be best I know that with a bit of poking around I can find what fits me and my personality best. I just don't want to waste time and the opportunity to make money finding out.

Thanks to everyone for the anecdotes and help. Especially about the glass dildo bit. I'd always wondered why anyone would want one of those, it always seemed ridiculous to me but now it makes sense.

Reactions: Rebecca Buck
Status
Not open for further replies.