AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

PS4

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I pre-ordered mine on amazon as soon as the conference was over and will be a day one shipments. As for the games I'm looking forward to are;

Exclusive: Infamous Second and Knack

Non-Exclusive: Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy XV, MGS5, Elder Scrolls Online which my buddies and I are excited that will be able to be play together and form alliances.

PS4.
The moment i finally saw the Kingdom hearts 3
iwaslike....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
#musthave
but thing is I hope they acutally making it bacause they were saying that they were gonna make a Final Fantasy 7 redo and I ain't seen it yet.
Hopes it comes out too!!

TaeDollBABY said:
PS4.
The moment i finally saw the Kingdom hearts 3
iwaslike....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
#musthave
but thing is I hope they acutally making it bacause they were saying that they were gonna make a Final Fantasy 7 redo and I ain't seen it yet.
Hopes it comes out too!!

Funny thing is, they just said a FF7 remake is unlikely, and they're likely to do a FF12 remake first. You'd think the highly wanted 7 would be a priority over KH remakes and FFX remakes, or even 12... Either way, I do not care much about 7, as I played it the once, and that was enough for me. And I still have my PS2 and 12, so ehhh.

i'm looking for a link i have in my bookmarks that explains the hardware differences between the PS4 and the XBox equivalent. it's probably going to surprise some people because all the hardware for both was made by the same company.

oops, I missed this topic, so I'm a bit late to the party.

I pre-ordered mine on Amazon as soon as it became available. As for games… The Order: 1886 looks interesting. will need to see more gameplay footage before I order it. Infamous: Second Son should be good, as the PS3 games were quite fun. But the independent games are what have me most excited.

Release date is getting close. :)

UPS delivered my spare DualShock 4 controller today. I suppose this way I can have it all charged up and ready to go in two weeks when my PS4 arrives. I might test it out with some Steam games (apparently it works fine as a generic controller with both Windows and OS X).

Reactions: KayleePond
mynameisbob84 said:
I was happy to see them insert their foot squarely up Microsoft's bottom. Pretty much everything Microsoft got wrong, they got right. I won't be buying one at launch but I will be getting one eventually. Once again, Europe is getting ripped off at launch and are being expected to pay £349 (about $550) instead of the equivalent of the $399 the console will sell for in America (about £250). Happens every time with every console, so it's to be expected. I'll wait for it to go down to £250 and then get one. By that time there should be should be quite a few quality games out and with any luck, some of them will be bundled with the console.
Actually mate I think with the current exchange rates $399 is around £349 if I'm not mistaken. That's what I think I've heard anyways. Even if that isn't the exchange rate, £349 is still a pretty good deal on launch day if you ask me. Because if you think about it the previous two gens cost around the same price when they came out, so for the PS4 we're seeing little or no difference to the price on launch day.

Well, it's black, and... actually smaller, overall than I expected, but longer, than will fit in my shelves.

I've done nothing but play Knack and LEGO Marvel, pretty much. I bought it for Assassin's Creed 4, and only played a few missions in that. Though, it is god damn pretty. LEGO Marvel has the best lighting of a LEGO game I've ever seen. Knack is deceptively hard in places, which is nice, though I kind of hate the way they force you to shrink down in parts.

But, so far, no hiccups at all, other than the autodownload of the firmware got stuck on "installing" so I did that manually. And the occasional slow loading of friend profiles.

Patches download and install in the background, which could be a bad thing, depending. It just plays the original version til you restart whatever game. And... the best feature, ever, PATCH NOTES for every game. Silly, yes, but oh so nice.

Somehow I had missed that the controller has a speaker in it. Also neat, you can shunt all sound through the controller into a normal pair of 3.5 plug headphones, so if you're trying to be quiet...

And, my god, multitasking is so nice. And the PSN Store loads in like 2 seconds. It's amazing.

I'm thinking real hard about getting Need for Speed, as I hear the mix of single player with occasional real people showing up as you roam around is super.

Apparently there's a wide spread defect in the HDMI port that can be fixed by pushing a metal piece back into place if HDMI does not fit.

Reactions: Always_Tim and Brad
I was gonna wait until march 2013 for infamous second son, but I played FIFA 14 last night for a few hours and I need it now.

waogo said:
Knack is deceptively hard in places, which is nice, though I kind of hate the way they force you to shrink down in parts.

Yeah it makes the whole growing by collecting parts feature sort of pointless aside from a cool graphical effect.

If they make a sequel I hope it's more open-world and has more of a Katamari-like feeling of being able to grow however much you want.

Patches download and install in the background, which could be a bad thing, depending. It just plays the original version til you restart whatever game. And... the best feature, ever, PATCH NOTES for every game. Silly, yes, but oh so nice.

Patch notes? Where? I don't remember seeing them. How do I view them?

Somehow I had missed that the controller has a speaker in it. Also neat, you can shunt all sound through the controller into a normal pair of 3.5 plug headphones, so if you're trying to be quiet...

The speaker in the controller has been used well in some Wii and Wii U games, and I'm glad to see it on PS4 as well. And the audio quality is at least as good as the Wii U (much better than the original Wii).

And, my god, multitasking is so nice. And the PSN Store loads in like 2 seconds. It's amazing.

YES! After putting up with the PS3 store this may be one of my favorite PS4 things so far. :)

Apparently there's a wide spread defect in the HDMI port that can be fixed by pushing a metal piece back into place if HDMI does not fit.

I don't think it's all that widespread, but I was sure to inspect mine closely before inserting the HDMI cable. (Mine was fine.)

Overall I'm very happy with the PS4. There are a few rough edges but they'll probably be issuing patches every month or two at first to improve things, if it's anything like how the PS3 was at first.

Always_Tim said:
Patch notes? Where? I don't remember seeing them. How do I view them?

Hit Options on the game tile on the bottom row, and it will show a Patch Notes thing (I think it's Patch Notes, I forget the exact wording).

The Twitch streaming is neat. I streamed a lot of me playing LEGO Marvel.And thank god the screenshot upload let's you do Twitter. (I kinda had the impression it was FB only, but that's only videos, it seems.)

I streamed a bit of LEGO Marvel up til I beat it (I wasn't expecting the ending quite that soon)... I will say, it's kind of weird how the streaming thing borders the game screen. I figured it would be an overlay for chat, rather than shrinking the screen. And it's amazing how much a new line of chat distracts you.

Reactions: Always_Tim
I finally ordered one and it should be here on Friday, with Witcher 3 (yay!).

Are there any essential games I should be getting? I'm gonna be getting FIFA 15 from the PSN store, and I'll have MGS: Ground Zeroes and Injustice waiting to download with PS Plus.

Bloodborne, GTA V, Elder Scrolls Online are all on my list of games to buy. Is there anything else major that's already out that I'm overlooking? (looking forward to the new Arkham game, Final Fantasy XV and Fallout 4)

mynameisbob84 said:

Are there any essential games I should be getting? I'm gonna be getting FIFA 15 from the PSN store, and I'll have MGS: Ground Zeroes and Injustice waiting to download with PS Plus.

Bloodborne, GTA V, Elder Scrolls Online are all on my list of games to buy. Is there anything else major that's already out that I'm overlooking? (looking forward to the new Arkham game, Final Fantasy XV and Fallout 4)

I love Destiny, but it's really not for everyone I suppose. I know some people grew bored of it quickly, but it's kind of a staple in my house and is played often! If you didn't play The Last of Us on PS3, they have a great remastered PS4 edition and that game is absolutely a must play in my opinion. If you didn't play Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on PS3, I definitely recommend that one for PS4, also!

I can't think of other essentials right now, but I'll let you know if more come to mind!

Congratulations!!

I loved Last of Us on PS3! One of my favourite PS3 games in fact. I'd probably pick it up if I saw it on the cheap. I'm gonna try not to re-buy too many PS3 games though, as there's just so many being remastered on PS4. GTA V I reckon'll be worth it for the new first person mode, but stuff like Darksiders 2, Tomb Raider, Saints Row IV, Metro, DMC, et al just feel a little cash-grabby. I might make an exception for Borderlands though.

I think the reviews kinda put me off Destiny but I might give it a shot.

I never really played much of the Assassins Creed games outside of the first one (which I enjoyed but thought was very repetitive, though I hear the later ones are a little more diverse). I shall keep an eye out for that one on the cheap too

Ta :-D

mynameisbob84 said:

You'll love Witcher 3 mate. Awesome game! As for other games to try.....I highly recommend Farcry 4, Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Shadow of Mordor (Ordered the Game of the Year Edition earlier tonight) & a game that's coming out within the next six months.....Dead Island 2 (If you're into that kind of game).

I suggest Wolfenstein: The New Order, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Far Cry 4. I'm looking forward for Batman: Arkham Knight (Jun, 23) , Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (Sep, 01) and Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (Oct, 9).

Thanks, peoples :-D

I'm loving The Witcher! It's like a wondrous cross between Skyrim and Fable but with additional usage of the word "fuck". And it's lovely to look at. The weather effects are probably the best I've ever seen in a game.

I got MGS: Ground Zeroes off of Playstation Plus which looks lovely but I haven't played much of it yet. Injustice looks nice too but I don't really read comics and I'm not big on beat-em-ups so I might not be that one's primary audience. I got Transistor, Valiant Hearts, the new Oddworld game, and Hustle Kings for free with PS Plus but haven't played them yet.

I'm downloading the demo for Destiny so will give that a shot.

Assassins Creed 4, Far Cry 4, Last of Us, Borderlands, Shadow of Mordor are all on my list.

The only thing I've found to dislike about the PS4 so far is the fact it won't let me arrange my games in to neat little folders (like you could on the PS3) and instead they all just appear in a seemingly random order across one long bar in the middle of the screen. Other than that I'm definitely glad I finally bought one. It's been two days and the novelty of using voice control to switch between games and apps like I'm in Minority Report or something is yet to wear off; I love that you can plug a decent pair of headphones in to the controller to use when it's too late of a night to have the TV turned all the way up; being able to use my Vita as a second screen/controller is a really cool feature (playing Witcher 3 sat on the toilet... what a world we live in...); and I downloaded the 20th Anniversary Playstation theme for it and now every time it boots up it plays the original PSOne jingle and I feel like I'm 15 again and it's like, all the feels.

Reactions: Always_Tim and sahi
mynameisbob84 said:
The only thing I've found to dislike about the PS4 so far is the fact it won't let me arrange my games in to neat little folders (like you could on the PS3) and instead they all just appear in a seemingly random order across one long bar in the middle of the screen.

It's not random… it's ordered by how recently you last played a game. (So the most recent game is on the left, followed by the second-most-recent game, etc.) Except that some of the media stuff and the game whose disc is currently in the blu-ray drive get stuck on the far left no matter what.

Screenshots have leaked of a folder system, but no news for when we'll actually get that feature. It had better be soon, though. Once you get more than a few games the current system becomes a joke. (Especially given that the "Library" section includes every game you've ever bought, not just the ones currently installed.)

Reactions: hapa74
Status
Not open for further replies.