AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

question about groups

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i was wondering why u cant see the people waiting for a group? is there something i need to click on to see who is waiting for a group? i cant ever see that someone has started a group until theres 3 people in there and it requests me to go into it. Also, I noticed some models have a whole diff setup for mfc...when thy take screenshots of their tokens, the whole window is different....how do i do this? thanks

As members, we can see if somebody has initiated a group and how many are waiting on the top of the model border box. I just assumed models can see the same thing somewhere because they've mentioned on occasion that she only needs one more to start the group. :dontknow:

I think you are using the old model software. Stop. Go into your model admin at http://profiles.myfreecams.com/?action=process_login and you will find info about the model web broadcaster. Much more efficient and up to date method to use. As far as I can remember, the members who initiate group are listed in the bottom left hand corner, beneath the tokens earned part on the old model software.

Reactions: Evvie
On the web interface, it's a little pop up. See picture attached.

Attachments

• group initiated.jpg
    group initiated.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 272
Reactions: Evvie
AmberCutie said:
On the web interface, it's a little pop up. See picture attached.

It is nice that they let you see who is asking for one, so you know if they are regulars or not.

Reactions: GoddessAiren
I wish models could initiate the groups and have all the dudes in the room click yes or no instead of the other way around. :geek:

SkinVideo tried that though... too many models just sit around in group doing nothing waiting for someone to join up.

LadyLuna said:
SkinVideo tried that though... too many models just sit around in group doing nothing waiting for someone to join up.

That would remove the social aspect, of MFC, that makes it so fun and different from the other sites.

LadyLuna said:
That's pretty much what happens (not all the time, but most) on every site where models can go to member chat/nude chat without having any member interested on that.

CammiStar said:
JickyJuly said:
I wish models could initiate the groups and have all the dudes in the room click yes or no instead of the other way around. :geek:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think she meant when it's time for group, the models say "ok, who wants to do group?" and clicks something that enables a pop up where they can say yes or no, and when 3 people click yes the group starts instead of saying "ok, who wants to do group" and waiting for the first three to initiate it.

What everyone else is describing is usually called "paid chat" where you have to pay to even see the model. A lot of sites that don't have mandatory free chat have this option. In that case, if no one is in the paid chat, I am not sure why anyone would really need to be doing anything until someone joins.
Yep. I was just thinking it might be better to switch up who gets to send the invitation but still in public chat. Cammi :love4:

JickyJuly said:
CammiStar said:
JickyJuly said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think she meant when it's time for group, the models say "ok, who wants to do group?" and clicks something that enables a pop up where they can say yes or no, and when 3 people click yes the group starts instead of saying "ok, who wants to do group" and waiting for the first three to initiate it.

What everyone else is describing is usually called "paid chat" where you have to pay to even see the model. A lot of sites that don't have mandatory free chat have this option. In that case, if no one is in the paid chat, I am not sure why anyone would really need to be doing anything until someone joins.
Yep. I was just thinking it might be better to switch up who gets to send the invitation but still in public chat. Cammi :love4:
Oh, I get it now. And it sounds better.

On Naked.com, models can block privates. The private button simply says "not taking private now" or something like that. MFC could introduce something like that for groups. Like the group button is disabled and when the model is ready, she switches the button and the system makes an announcement in the room and in the news feed too. Forward the idea to MFC. Maybe they do something about it ;)

MyCamgirl said:
JickyJuly said:
CammiStar said:
JickyJuly said:

Oh, I get it now. And it sounds better.

On Naked.com, models can block privates. The private button simply says "not taking private now" or something like that. MFC could introduce something like that for groups. Like the group button is disabled and when the model is ready, she switches the button and the system makes an announcement in the room and in the news feed too. Forward the idea to MFC. Maybe they do something about it ;)
The basis of that exists (as well as turning off privates) on MFC. I use it daily and only turn it on when I'm ready, but of course I have to manually announce that it's on and we're ready to go. No fun alert/announcement thing.

Reactions: MyCamgirl
I REALLY like Jickys idea! Instead of having to try and direct new people to where the button is or waiting for someone to take the initiative. I swear sometimes it can take three tries to finally get one going and then 10 people join in right away! JESUS, JUST CLICK THE DAMN BUTTON! I think people are scared of it! :lol: But if a little popup went out to all the members with tokens and they just have to click yes or no, I think that could eliminate the "group show button cold feet" because they have to answer yes or no to make the popup go away.
You should email them Jicky!

AmberCutie said:
The basis of that exists (as well as turning off privates) on MFC. I use it daily and only turn it on when I'm ready, but of course I have to manually announce that it's on and we're ready to go. No fun alert/announcement thing.
I was not sure about that. I still see members trying to initiate a group and the model rejecting the session just saying "I'm not taking groups". So, I thought there were no option to disable it. It is amazing how many members try to initiate a group shortly after the model say she is not taking groups. They must think models need just 10 seconds to change their minds.

JoleneJolene said:
Instead of having to try and direct new people to where the button is
Nah... it is always funny to watch you pointing to the button. Mainly when you forget that the button isn't on the top anymore :lol:

MyCamgirl said:
AmberCutie said:
I was not sure about that. I still see members trying to initiate a group and the model rejecting the session just saying "I'm not taking groups". So, I thought there were no option to disable it. It is amazing how many members try to initiate a group shortly after the model say she is not taking groups. They must think models need just 10 seconds to change their minds.

JoleneJolene said:
Instead of having to try and direct new people to where the button is
Nah... it is always funny to watch you pointing to the button. Mainly when you forget that the button isn't on the top anymore :lol:

Yeah, I've had members publicly state that it is not the model's decision on whether to have a group show, but the members' decision. I usually LOL right before the model bans them.

Reactions: 1 person
MyCamgirl said:
AmberCutie said:

It's unfortunate how many models either 1.) don't fully understand the functions on the broadcaster or software and/or 2.) don't use them to their advantage once they find them.

And yeah, guys think we're ready to go masturbate at the drop of a hat. Sometimes I'll come back from a 2 cum group and haven't had a chance to disable groups yet, and someone's already in the queue. :lol:

Since it totally SUCKS to accidentally accept a private/group request if one pops up while typing, I would suggest most models utilize the disable feature until you're ready to actually accept a show.

JickyJuly said:
CammiStar said:
JickyJuly said:

Ah, I understand the idea now. Totally agree that it would be awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.