AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Question for all broadcasters

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first started camming, and for my first few years, I tried to put in at least 4 hours a day. Sometimes up to 6 or 7 hours a day. I was enthralled with the excitement and had a very successful start, so I jumped in head first! Being on a good amount of hours consistently every day (I didn't really take days off for the first maybe 6 months) allows you to meet a whole range of awesome supporters to keep you busy and motivated while you're broadcasting.

I'm going on my 7th year of full time camming, and I have slowed down considerably in the last few years. This job is fantastic and allows for so much freedom, but it does burn you out rather quickly if you go at it full force. So now I am trying to avoid total burnout by lowering my goals and my hours. Now I attempt to do at least 2 hours per shift, with 4-5 shifts a week and weekends off. I certainly make way less than I used to, but I'm striving for longevity now.

This is a great topic, I hope to see more people pitching in!

what keeps you focused to stick to your schedule even on a bad day?
As for this part of the question... that can be a struggle. We have a few topics around here that discuss how we deal with camming when we aren't mentally feeling the best. I'll see if I can find a link.

Here's a recent one from the public section - How hard is it for you to....

And this is in the Models Only area - Camming when you aren't feeling mentally great?

You can request access to that section by following these instructions - How to get verified cam girl status.

I cam 11-4 everyday ! Unless I'm on my period or something comes up . But the past few days I've gotten on like an hour late . I don't know if it's my lack of consistency or just recently having those two weeks off in a row . But my cam life is drastically decreasing . Making it hard keep that smile on my face the whole time . I have said it before I don't pay attention to my cam score but the rank I'm in . I was loving being #1000 ish but now it's in the #2000s . I have a feeling that it will just take them some time to get use to me being around again. And on bad days I don't cam . It's been bad every time I've tried .

Reactions: HaileyRoyale
I started camming last year but didn't take it seriously. I consider myself new at camming now -my third month-. I used to cam 4 hours every weekday and take weekends and wednesday off. It didn't do much for me (probably the fact I took a lot more days off because of my moods.) I now cam every weekday for 5/6 hours and sometimes a night shift of 2/3 hours.

What helps me stay on track is if I am having a shitty day I would get on cam and get ready on cam. I would apply my makeup/change clothes on cam. Once the broadcast button is on I know I HAVE to cam. That has helped me a lot and even me who is concious of my natural state feel better because your crowd will still love you!

Slow days/Bad Camscores/Bad days have to happen its inevitable. What goes up most come down. I try to always be in the mindset of meeting my daily token goal. Once I cared about that and not the camscore/ranking/slowness I was happier. Putting on the hype music I love and smiling regardless of whats happening always improves my mood.

I started camming last year but didn't take it seriously. I consider myself new at camming now -my third month-. I used to cam 4 hours every weekday and take weekends and wednesday off. It didn't do much for me (probably the fact I took a lot more days off because of my moods.) I now cam every weekday for 5/6 hours and sometimes a night shift of 2/3 hours.

What helps me stay on track is if I am having a shitty day I would get on cam and get ready on cam. I would apply my makeup/change clothes on cam. Once the broadcast button is on I know I HAVE to cam. That has helped me a lot and even me who is concious of my natural state feel better because your crowd will still love you!

Slow days/Bad Camscores/Bad days have to happen its inevitable. What goes up most come down. I try to always be in the mindset of meeting my daily token goal. Once I cared about that and not the camscore/ranking/slowness I was happier. Putting on the hype music I love and smiling regardless of whats happening always improves my mood.

That last part through , daily goals are the most important . But I haven't even been able to reach those . Last night was 800 til naked , dead , finally they got down to like 500 and at that point I changed the topic to 420 til cum. I hated to do it but atleast it gave me something . Plus I was super horny . I hadn't gotten off in days .
And one night I got all ready and started crying right before logging on . Re did my makeup , and then had more tears follow. after that I gave up . So getting all ready doesnt make me get online. I have to general be in a good enough mood.if I'm not it's obvious.

My experience was very similar to Amber's. I didn't take a single day off except for sickness during my first year and a half. Then I took one month off and was back on every single day for another 6 months after. That month I took off had an impact on my fan base and it wasn't the same when I returned, but I kept pushing. I was really exhausted and bitter by the end of it.

Now I don't cam every day, only when I feel like it which can be anywhere between 2 to 5 times per week, I notice that I earn much more in each shift, but I make less overall because I am camming 1/3 of the time I usually did. The upside is I am much more happy and people tip me more because they aren't sick of seeing my face every day.

I wouldn't have been able to pull off that first year and a half if I didnt love it, if I wasn't so excited about camming. I slowed down when I started to feel bad. In the end my advice is to listen to yourself, your body, and your soul, and respect your own limits. Cam as much as you want to, but don't push yourself to cam when you are not feeling up to it or you will burn out fast.

That last part through , daily goals are the most important . But I haven't even been able to reach those . Last night was 800 til naked , dead , finally they got down to like 500 and at that point I changed the topic to 420 til cum. I hated to do it but atleast it gave me something . Plus I was super horny . I hadn't gotten off in days .
And one night I got all ready and started crying right before logging on . Re did my makeup , and then had more tears follow. after that I gave up . So getting all ready doesnt make me get online. I have to general be in a good enough mood.if I'm not it's obvious.

It is hard to "mask" how you feel but I meant get ready online. That way you're already half way there. I am not saying I did make my daily goals because I at times don't have the time to be on that long. Ofcourse if you would rather be in bed than cam, and that would make you feel better, I am all for personal days off to heal :)

It is hard to "mask" how you feel but I meant get ready online. That way you're already half way there. I am not saying I did make my daily goals because I at times don't have the time to be on that long. Ofcourse if you would rather be in bed than cam, and that would make you feel better, I am all for personal days off to heal :)

It is very hard to hide feelings . Getting ready online wouldn't be a half bad idea because usually the first hour is slow anyway . Speaking of goals ,I made mine tonight *happy dances * atleast you can take a break and don't force yourself when you don't want to . And what supermila said I think people may be getting sick of seeing me everyday . I know this may be tmi, but did y'all take off for periods? Or use the cups ? Or do subsitute shows? Sorry I have noticed I hate not being able to cam nearly a whole week . Oh and you know how I said they need to get use to me again , I was right . A regular who I hadn't seen since my 2 week break about a month ago now , came to my room and admitted he forgot about me :c but atleast I'm back in action :)

Reactions: HaileyRoyale
I try to do 4-6 hours shifts but it's really hard as a student. I started Mfc in November 2015 and didn't really jump into it until about 4 months ago. I found that I was sucking horribly and decided to study top girls to find out what I was doing differently. I saw that they seemed excited about being there and I did not. I realized I soooo was not being myself and I was making it all so technical and I was frustrated on cam and you could see it. As soon as I lightened up and just chilled out with the guys, it got easier and I truly do get excited for every shift now. I have always been an online chatter. I was that 14 year old chick on MSN and Yahoo messenger falling in love with guys online lmao so I don't mind the online time. It just gets tough with college and cam at times. I cammed for about a month straight almost daily and noticed it was my best month ever. Consistency is everything and my numbers dip off after any long period of time off cam.

My experience was very similar to Amber's. I didn't take a single day off except for sickness during my first year and a half. Then I took one month off and was back on every single day for another 6 months after. That month I took off had an impact on my fan base and it wasn't the same when I returned, but I kept pushing. I was really exhausted and bitter by the end of it.

Now I don't cam every day, only when I feel like it which can be anywhere between 2 to 5 times per week, I notice that I earn much more in each shift, but I make less overall because I am camming 1/3 of the time I usually did. The upside is I am much more happy and people tip me more because they aren't sick of seeing my face every day.

I wouldn't have been able to pull off that first year and a half if I didnt love it, if I wasn't so excited about camming. I slowed down when I started to feel bad. In the end my advice is to listen to yourself, your body, and your soul, and respect your own limits. Cam as much as you want to, but don't push yourself to cam when you are not feeling up to it or you will burn out fast.

This is pretty similar to a number of former studio models I know. While at the studio, they would do long shifts 5 days a week, but slowed down a lot after going on their own. Tokens per week went down, but since they went on their own, they receive all their earnings. In the end, they're not making the same money, but they seem happier overall.

Here is my 2 cents, I find it hard to do shifts of longer than 3 hours it requires a lot of attention and focuss and that is the longest in a row possible for me (+ me getting hungry :) ). After 3 hours I like to have a break and restart if rl allows. Agree on: Less than 1 hour does not make sense. Also after privates i need a short break and relax specially if it was intense, maybe change outfit etc. I have to admitt beeing part time only during "supporters build up" so I really admire all of u doing it longer than 3 in a row as it is physically and mentally extremely exausting. Regarding the bad mood i found it is not working well for me (or in other words it is more easy to fake cu..... :) not that there is ever need to do it ;-) then faking good mood). And i feel mood dropping if there is to little work life balance as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.