AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Razor burn???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrid_squirts420

Cam Model
Mar 29, 2019
North Carolina
m.chaturbate.com
Twitter Username
@Astrid4202
Chaturbate Username
Astrid_squirts420
So may be TMI for general chat but I haven't gotten verified status yet so here it goes!

How do you ladies/gents deal with razor burn in the bikini line and genital area?
I always feel so self conscious about any redness or bumps on cam- and seriously EVERY girl I see looks like she has some magical cure for this! I have never seen bad razor burn on cam so I know someone has a secret to share! Lol

I have researched online and watched a ton of videos. I tried the "coochy" brand shaving cream but really no luck.

So far the best thing that works is using olive oil (weird, I know!) using a new blade, shaving WITH the grain, and washing my blade out with antibacterial soap. Also I have been exfoliating with African black soap to avoid any ingrown hairs.

So far I really see a lot of improvement so I hope these suggestions can at least help someone else!

But if anyone has any other ideas or magic tricks I would love to hear them!

Laser hair removal! Takes over a year and is expensive but from then on you really don't have to deal with it ever again.

Laser hair removal! Takes over a year and is expensive but from then on you really don't have to deal with it ever again.

Oooh I don't know why I haven't thought of this!

So if it takes over a year, what is going on in the mean time? Lol
Do you still shave and maintain. Does it grow in less and less over time?

I think a lot of it is good lighting! My lighting and camera settings never pick up razor burn. Tweaking that might help!

I wish I knew how to avoid it entirely though lol. My skin is soooo sensitive!

Thank you. This is something I really need to play around with in general. We have studio type lights with umbrellas and all- but I sometimes feel washed out and I don't think they are in the right places.
I noticed a whole pinned thread about lighting earlier so I'm going to dig through that tomorrow!

The old deodorant trick does it for me.

My skin is not as sensitive so I don't need some pre steps such as exfoliating or using special products, but I have had razor burn/rash in the bikini area before.

I now shave with a double edge razor which I believe makes all the difference compared to disposables. Shaving with the grain is important. Lastly, after drying, my cooter has it's own basic deodorant stick. I run the stick on the areas that were shaved. I guess it makes sense to keep the shaved area moisturized. I always lotion or moisturize my legs after a shave!

Recommend doing a small test patch before rubbing deodorant all down there, lol.

I don't know how you people that shave with the grain do it. Every time I've attempted it, the result is absolutely NO hair leaves my body, instead it just gets combed flat against my skin.

I don't know how you people that shave with the grain do it. Every time I've attempted it, the result is absolutely NO hair leaves my body, instead it just gets combed flat against my skin.

Might need to go to a more aggressive razor. I think a couple of models said they use the single blade double edged safety razor. If you get the right one, it's aggressive enough to shave, and won't get clogged like most of the disposables with multiple blades do. Add to it that it's much more cost effective: $35 for the razor, and then about $15 for a box of 100 blades. I shave my face daily, and in two years haven't gone through the box of blades yet (about 15 left). That $50 used to be spent monthly on Gillette Fusion replacement heads.

I just make sure to use shaving lotion or balm after I'm done. Can go without it, and it's just a ittle dry. But, shaving lotion helps out.

While going through treatments it grows back in patches that you still shave, but each time you go in, less hair comes back. Treatments are every 4-6 weeks and depending on your hair you'd go in for 6-12 sessions before seeing total baldness.

I have very thin random hairs that still grow and I buzz them once in a while with an electric razor. They aren't really even noticeable on camera unless I zoom in a ton.

While going through treatments it grows back in patches that you still shave, but each time you go in, less hair comes back. Treatments are every 4-6 weeks and depending on your hair you'd go in for 6-12 sessions before seeing total baldness.

I have very thin random hairs that still grow and I buzz them once in a while with an electric razor. They aren't really even noticeable on camera unless I zoom in a ton.

Every once in a while I get the urge to look into it for my back. But, then I think of how expensive it would be, and I'm fine with using the Bakblade, and electric trimmers once every six weeks. I'd still have to trim up the chest and elsewhere anyway...

expensive it would be
It isn't quite painless, either. :) Though I know since I had mine done around 2011-2012 they've improved their laser technology to be less brutal than what I endured.

I completely gave up on shaving for this reason. I get KILLER razor burn and infected hair follicles, no matter what I try.
My hair fetishists love it though :h:

Its a lot more gentle when you shave even from your first couple of appointments. What does grow back seem to be thinner. I used to have to use a razor every week now if they didnt go rusty I could keep them for like a month cause the hair is so thin is doesn't damage the blade. And I used to have to shave in the same direction as my hair and now I can go against without any damage. Im at my 8th appointment.. hurts like a bitch but its worth it. You can use some numbing cream which I dont think helps much but it works for some.

Reactions: Astrid_squirts420
Its a lot more gentle when you shave even from your first couple of appointments. What does grow back seem to be thinner. I used to have to use a razor every week now if they didnt go rusty I could keep them for like a month cause the hair is so thin is doesn't damage the blade. And I used to have to shave in the same direction as my hair and now I can go against without any damage. Im at my 8th appointment.. hurts like a bitch but its worth it. You can use some numbing cream which I dont think helps much but it works for some.

For the raors, if you rinse them out completely, and then pat them dry it should help out in keeping the rust off them. I have Gillette Fusions that I use about once a month, or longer in between uses, that I pat dry and it stays pretty good as I've not seen rust on it. My daily razor is a double edge safety razor that can be taken apart and thoroughly cleaned. I've heard of people putting a small amount of oil on blades as well. But, I think if it's cleaned and dried thoroughly before being put away, it's good.

Definitely do a patch test before using the deodorant trick mentioned above. I tried it one time and it was a nightmare.

I use salicylic acid pads like clean and clear on that area. Not right after shaving, give it at least an hour, then follow up with moisturizer. A moisturizer you would use for your face that's basic and not anti aging is best, heavy oily creams can cause ingrowns or cysts. Make sure to use a very moisturizing shaving cream. I actually find the non foaming stuff like EOS best for that area. Do this stuff daily, not just on days you shave.This keeps the skin in that area really nice and smooth so it gets irritated less with the razor.

Definitely do a patch test before using the deodorant trick mentioned above. I tried it one time and it was a nightmare.

I use salicylic acid pads like clean and clear on that area. Not right after shaving, give it at least an hour, then follow up with moisturizer. A moisturizer you would use for your face that's basic and not anti aging is best, heavy oily creams can cause ingrowns or cysts. Make sure to use a very moisturizing shaving cream. I actually find the non foaming stuff like EOS best for that area. Do this stuff daily, not just on days you shave.This keeps the skin in that area really nice and smooth so it gets irritated less with the razor.

Agreed, I use aftershave lotion or balm daily and it really helps to keep it smooth and shaving is a little easier when consistent with it if I skip a day of shaving. Currently, I'm using Burt's Bees Aftershave lotion and it's pretty good. Once that's done, I'm giving Georgio Armani Aftershave lotion a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.