AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Shaving Tips and Tricks?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymph3tte

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 15, 2016
Twitter Username
@nymph3tte
MFC Username
nymph3tte
I was initially going to post this in the Models Section because I'm quite embarrassed, but I figured that guys shave too and that they might have some valuable advice, so... Let the embarrassment begin.

So... I have sensitive skin. And by sensitive, I mean "don't touch my exposed skin unless you want it to split open and bleed everywhere and also I have eczema so back off, dude."

Basically, hair removal has always been a huge problem for me. I absolutely cannot get a single part of my body waxed without my skin just... bleeding everywhere, literally. I know, that's gross, I'm sorry! :bag: Using an epilator is pretty much the same, just more painful. That basically leaves me with only one option: shaving.

I can't shave everyday because it's an absolute nightmare, but every other day is not so bad. It's still painful, but beauty is pain, so there's no avoiding that, I guess. My only issue is freakin' razor burn, man.

I just can't get rid of it! I've tried using shaving cream instead of soap, applying all sorts of aftershaves and lotions after shaving (and that helps soothe the pain) but my razor burn just won't go away. I can go an entire month without shaving and still have razor burn the very first time I next shave.

Do any of you have some kind of secret recipe to make razor burn go away? I'm willing to try pretty much anything, I just want to get rid of the darn thing! :( Especially around the bikini area. Those red bumps just aren't cool.

I have that problem around the bikini area too. Red bumps, bleeding spots, and then the ingrowing hair. For the past month I have been using Sudocrem straight after I shave. The cream is also for eczema, which I also suffer from and also the cream is mainly used on babies, as I have sensitive skin I thought I'd try it. It has been working really well so far, and relieves the razer burns. So I'd definitely recommend Sudocrem 100% :)

Strangely when I shave my face i do not get the burn etc I get when i try to shave other body parts. The only thing that may be different is that I don't use cheap razors.. Sure, while not a mega brand like Gilette or WIlkinson's either (those are overpriced), I use the local supermarket knockoff of those and those seem to work for me.. the 6 blades with gelstrip etc.. you know the ones..
So.. perhaps use a men's razor instead of one designed for ladies?

Or.. not shave? The bush is slowly working on a come-back you know... and there are enough people who either love it, or do not care about it if they like the model wearing it enough.

So I'd definitely recommend Sudocrem 100% :)

Oh, I've never heard of that one!! I'll look more into it!

The only thing that may be different is that I don't use cheap razors.. Sure, while not a mega brand like Gilette or WIlkinson's either (those are overpriced), I use the local supermarket knockoff of those and those seem to work for me.. the 6 blades with gelstrip etc.. you know the ones..
So.. perhaps use a men's razor instead of one designed for ladies?

Sadly, I've tried that as well. While I do like men's razors better, they still give me crazy razor burn. So do the overpriced, super-fancy ten-thousand blades ones. My skin is so feisty.

I can help!
I also have very verrrry sensitive skin (I'm even allergic to detergents), over time I've really figured out a process that keeps my bikini area pristine.
Most important thing- Stop wearing panties with elastic around the thighs, or even panties that rub against where your leg meets your cooch. This is like the number one cause for ingrowns, the irritation they cause makes it wayyyy worse. I either wear panties with no elastic around the thigh, or go without all together. At night, go pantiless. I can wear panties with elastic in short bursts- aka cam time only. As soon as I'm done they come right off.
Second- Wet shave as rarely as possible. I wet shave like twice a week. What you want to do is buy a wet/dry electric razor (mine was about $30) and some cheapo powder (unscented baby powder or even a cheap face powder could work). Before you get in the shower liberally powder up the area you want to shave. This is really important to make your skin as slippy as possible, if your skin is oily or tacky at all the razor will drag and cause irritation. After you're nice and powdery, go in with the electric razor. It should glide across your skin very easily. Afterwards just get in the shower and wash off as usual.
I've found that I can dry shave this way every day I'm not wet shaving without a hint of irritation. It's actually better to do it every day as the longer the hair is the more irritating it can be.
I hope this helps you! I used to get irritation pretty easily but it's never an issue for me anymore with this routine.

Oh my gosh, @NoelleBright you're a LIFE SAVER! I never gave my underwear much thought and I just went through my drawer right now and guess what... ALL of my panties have elastics around the thighs! I don't know why I never thought about that before. That has to cause horrible friction.

I carry baby powder around everywhere with me also but never thought of using it for shaving, so I'll give that a try. I'll have to take a stroll to my local department store tomorrow and pick up an appropriate razor for that! I'm excited! (Is that weird?)

Reactions: Hazelprincess
Regarding underwear. Also don't wear them with the seam right up the front. I don't know who designed that shit but for me if I wear them the day I shave immediate burn.

I swear by coochie cream after shave mist. Also. The deodorant for your pits that makes your pits not get razor burn? I use it where the elastic line on a pair of briefs would meet if that makes sense? NOT on the sensitive bits, or even all over. Just there.

Also Also. If you can stay naked after shaving. One of (?) the things that causes razor burns is friction as mentioned. After I shave I just go knickerless and in sweat pants if I absolutely have to leave my house.

• Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
The dry shave sounds fantastic and have never given that a try. That will be my next experiment...
But what helped a lot with me was switching to mens razors. I've completely ditched all pretty pink razors meant for women and now use mens disposables.
Plus I use them once and toss them. NEVER AGAIN.
I also exfoliate with my coffee grinds every couple days mixed with a bit of cetaphil cleanser. Leaves my skin deliciously smooth... and the coffee grinds would just be thrown out anyway!
Recycling!

But anyway. I want to try this baby powder trick now! :)

Regarding underwear. Also don't wear them with the seam right up the front. I don't know who designed that shit but for me if I wear them the day I shave immediate burn.

Those are still a thing?! I haven't seen a pair of panties like that for years, I thought they'd gone out of style or something. I never liked them! And yeah, I usually just kick it alone in my room naked after I shave because that's the only way I can bear the pain. Anything else just feels like straight up lava.

I also exfoliate with my coffee grinds every couple days mixed with a bit of cetaphil cleanser. Leaves my skin deliciously smooth... and the coffee grinds would just be thrown out anyway!

I hate the smell of coffee (actually, I hate coffee altogether hahaha) but I think I'll try this as well. I usually skip the exfoliating step because the only exfoliating cream I have contains micro plastic beads and those are horrible for the environment. :(

I use an old beard trimmer to get as close as I can to the skin but without actually touching it. Then, I happily grow out my neatly trimmed pussy beard every month.

Girl I have the same problem as you :( I'm definitely going to take some of the advice from above.

What I personally do to cover up all my red bumps while I'm camming is to just put foundation over them lol!! I know that sounds weird but on camera they are seriously invisible. I do it with any stretch marks that I have too. Hope that kind of helps you to know that there is always a solution to a problem :) I have ingrown hairs and red bumps everywhere. It sucks. It's always been like that. I've never had a pretty bikini area.

What I personally do to cover up all my red bumps while I'm camming is to just put foundation over them lol!! I know that sounds weird but on camera they are seriously invisible. I do it with any stretch marks that I have too. Hope that kind of helps you to know that there is always a solution to a problem :) I have ingrown hairs and red bumps everywhere. It sucks. It's always been like that. I've never had a pretty bikini area.

The foundation trick is pretty cool, honestly! And I've never had a pretty bikini area either... It's either hairy or red and bumpy! Ugh.

I did try dry shaving yesterday (with a regular razor, though) and it didn't cause me to get any more red bumps than I already had, so I suppose that once they're all gone I might be able to not get them anymore? I'm still not sure yet but it's still a small improvement! I also used regular baby powder.

I hate the smell of coffee (actually, I hate coffee altogether hahaha) but I think I'll try this as well. I usually skip the exfoliating step because the only exfoliating cream I have contains micro plastic beads and those are horrible for the environment. :(

If you hate coffee, there are other exfoliants you can use! Sugar scrubs and salt scrubs are good. Salt scrubs are better for using near your lady bits because sugar getting up in there isn't so great (I still use sugar scrubs, though :p). You can make your own scrubs, but I really like ordering ones from indie perfume sites!

Girl I have the same problem as you :( I'm definitely going to take some of the advice from above.

I was considering this too haha! but doesn't the foundation rub off when you wear panties?

I was considering this too haha! but doesn't the foundation rub off when you wear panties?

Not really actually. But a little. I put on multiple layers and then put powder over it lol. So what does come off, there's always another layer underneath.

Another trick you can try is to put baby powder on a wet beauty blender (or if you're like me and think $20 is too much for a freakin' sponge, this works on knock-offs and triangular wedges as well) and pat it over the foundation. Leave it there for a few minutes and then gently swipe the excess powder away with a brush.

...I just realized that's essentially baking, but for your vag.

Have you tried sugaring? Its wayyy better than waxing for sensitive skin and doesn't hurt as much either. I stopped shaving a while ago cause it just never looked pretty after with all the bumps and cuts, but sugaring works great for me as an alternative!

Have you tried sugaring? Its wayyy better than waxing for sensitive skin and doesn't hurt as much either.
I tried multiple times, but for some reason, I just can't get the consistency right?! My mixture is always waayyyy too liquid-y and ends up sticking ten times worse than regular wax. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

And @Guy, I don't mean to be rude but guys are literally the biggest pussies ever when it comes to waxing/sugaring so that video does not phase me at all whatsoever hahahaha!

I tried multiple times, but for some reason, I just can't get the consistency right?! My mixture is always waayyyy too liquid-y and ends up sticking ten times worse than regular wax. I have no clue what I'm doing wrong.

I heavily fail at trying to all beauty-esque treatments at home. Sugaring, hair color, shaving, all turns out bad. But usually when I go to the actual place and the professional girls do it, I never have a problem. Groupon has great deals for sugaring places if you've never got a chance to try it out before.

I heavily fail at trying to all beauty-esque treatments at home. Sugaring, hair color, shaving, all turns out bad. But usually when I go to the actual place and the professional girls do it, I never have a problem.

I never thought about checking out if any of my local salons offer sugaring. I guess it's because I live in a small town and most businesses here only offer the most basic of basics. But hey, I recently heard that the salon I go to uses Olaplex and that's an Internet thing, so maayyybe they also offer sugaring? I'll have to check it out. :joyful:

I bought Amlactin lotion for unrelated flaky/lizard skin problems, but read that it could also prevent ingrown hairs including on armpits and bikini line. So far that seems to be true for me. Just don't put it on right after you shave, because the stuff is 12% acid. Unless you like the sting. I kinda like the sting.

Dove deodorant helps with irritation for me. I think I've seen it claimed that it's because of the sunflower seed oil that's in it. I've been meaning to just buy some oil instead and see it that helps, because I don't necessarily need all those other ingredients on my crotch...

I bought Amlactin lotion for unrelated flaky/lizard skin problems, but read that it could also prevent ingrown hairs including on armpits and bikini line. So far that seems to be true for me. Just don't put it on right after you shave, because the stuff is 12% acid. Unless you like the sting. I kinda like the sting.

The sting of aftershave is my favorite, so if it's similar to that then uuugh yeeeeees! I'm kind of worried about my skin's reaction to it but it's still worth it hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.