AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

REALLY ACTUALLY IMPORTANT NOW?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
Miss_Lollipop said:
I'm so sick of hearing about miley cyrus. The more you talk about her, the more you give her what she wants... ALSO in case anyone didn't realize, the ozone layer has a hole in it, there are currently 10 wars/conflicts raging on this planet causing over 1000 violent deaths per year, children, women and men are still being raped, sexually assaulted and told its their fault, gay people can't get married in some places, and 3-4 million domestic animals are euthanized in shelters the USA every day. That's the population of my entire country. Oh and Africa is still starving and Japan is still killing whales. Can we get outraged about something thats REALLY ACTUALLY IMPORTANT NOW?

I get that people have opinions on stuff. I really do. I have some too. But all i see lately is detailed, enraged debate over someones stage performance and no one seems to talk this much about the things that are really truly horrific on this planet.

If I may be so bold... Amber's forum is a place for useless fart-like opinions that flow with the prevailing wind and allow people to blow off some steam.

I respect you more than you will ever know Miss_Lollipop, as I do pretty much everyone on this forum.

Perhaps we can persuade Amber to make a 'political world events' subforum which requires admission of some sort.

There are plenty of places in this world and on the internet to be outraged about important things. Personally, I'm a fan of having a bit of a refuge from all of that, and ACF strikes me as one of those places of refuge, given that its primary focus is naked women. Being pissed about kids and dogs being beaten on ACF seems somewhat out of place when organizations like UNICEF and ASPCA already exist to address such issues in ways that are far more comprehensive and constructive than ranting on random forums. Essentially, I expect talk about Miley's ass and tongue on a forum like this; I don't expect in-depth analysis of global sociopolitical issues.

You may all be correct, but I interpreted Lolli's post to mean "in general," not limited to this forum.

Could be wrong.

This isn't a comment on Ms. Lolli's comment at all, but I do find it a bit odd when people say stuff like "all you blind sheeple don't care about this very important issue I created an account here to talk about." Because ACF is my only source of information and forum for debate.

I agree with Zippy. This is the place I come to talk to great people and beautiful women about boobs and sex, not particularly the place I come to discuss politics or current social issues (unless they involve boobs and sex). I have even gotten in the habit of not coming around to ACF quite as often if there are lots of active political/religious/whatever topics about.

It's not that I don't care about world issues. It's that I don't have the emotional strength to let them pervade every part of my life. I didn't join ACF to become embroiled in horrors going on in the planet, but that doesn't mean I totally ignore those things. I just usually choose not to involve them in my social life here.

This is really important! New photo of bigfoot's ass, and its a really great ass!

tumblr_mlj2cyEokC1s5fhf3o2_500.jpg

Bocefish said:
Amber's forum is a place for useless fart-like opinions that flow with the prevailing wind and allow people to blow off some steam.

Some wise words from Fallout: New Vegas

Attachments

• 1377166982636.jpg
    1377166982636.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 123
Evvie said:
It's not that I don't care about world issues. It's that I don't have the emotional strength to let them pervade every part of my life. I didn't join ACF to become embroiled in horrors going on in the planet, but that doesn't mean I totally ignore those things. I just usually choose not to involve them in my social life here.

I'll go a bit farther and say I really don't care about world issues.

I tend to have a different viewpoint on this from most people. I have enough in my life I don't need to get upset up over something that is completely out of my control and I will have no impact on even if I do get involved.

Think about the news that happened on this exact date one year ago? Do you remember the headlines, what happened in the world? Your state? Your neighborhood? Most people can't. Then think about what happened 5 years ago, 10 years ago on this date. You can't without googling it. Ultimately those super huge headlines that everyone was getting all riled up about even a year ago are now meaningless in the life of everyone you ask. What's to say today's headlines will be any more memorable ten years or even a year from now.

Now some dates do live on with us of course. But the vast majority of headlines, no. I'm speaking general terms here.

The main reason these headlines do get us so involved and tricked into thinking they matter is because we let them. Try turning off your TV and not reading news for a year and then see how much the past years events really mattered to you in your daily life. Nada.

To extend this analogy a bit further I came up with a theory long ago that we (by we i mean the overwhelming vast majority of the entire worlds population) will have no impact on anything long term. The obvious exception to this is of course procreation to further the species. Think about how many famous people you can actually name for something they have done or accomplished throughout all of history. Names of presidents and leaders sure. Famous inventors, generals, some sports people, add to the list all you can think of in all categories... On first thought you may think it's a lot of names. But start counting some. You probably won't be able to get over a few thousand. There are currently over 7 billion people. So in reality most people can't even name 0.0000418% of the current world's population as having done anything significant. Most of us are going to fade into oblivion without having done anything memorable in this life. To think I can affect world issues is hubris.

Many of us were brought up with the idealistic idea that we can change the world. But the odds say that is a pipe dream told by parent's who are really just hoping their children have a better life than they had. So if the reality is I am not going to effect any change and I'm not even going to be caring about it in as little as a year from now why should i care what goes on today in the world?

Nordling said:
You may all be correct, but I interpreted Lolli's post to mean "in general," not limited to this forum.

Could be wrong.

I don't think you're wrong. I'm sure that's what Lolli had meant. But then again, are people really outraged over something so unimportant? Perhaps a few spirit warriors are, but for the most part, I suspect it's more a combination of passing interest at a spectacle and mock outrage. After all, if you're going to flail your arms impotently at a situation, would you rather focus on something that truly makes you feel powerless or something that you know doesn't matter at all?

Either way, as far as this forum is concerned, I like my talk of bombshells to be of the "va-voom" variety, rather than the "ka-boom" variety.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.