AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recipes

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JerryBoBerry

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 6, 2011
Since the old recipes threads are closed due to being over a year since anyone posted, I'll start a new one.
Post recipes you like, any type. Healthy, fattening, meat, vegetarian...whatever floats your boat.

To kick it off, here's a recipe I found on imgur yesterday. Already today they are a nice sharp pickle. I did change it up just a bit. I added some zucchini spears in with the cucumber. I've pickled zucchini in the past and know I like that. The recipe calls for 6 persians, but I just have access to regular cucumbers at my grocery store. Persians must be really thin, because I used two medium regular ones and a single small to medium sized zucchini. That filled up the quart jar as shown. And I added about 6 cloves of garlic, none of that half of one nonsense. I like garlic pickles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overnight refrigerator pickle.

6 medium-sized (6-7 inches) Persian cucumbers
1 cup distilled or filtered water
3/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon pickling salt (or kosher/sea salt, NOT iodized)
1 teaspoon sugar
Pinch red pepper flake
1/2 clove garlic
1/2 teaspoon dill seed
1 teaspoon mustard seed
Pinch (5-8) peppercorns

Place the water, vinegar, and salt into a small pot and heat until simmering. Stir to combine. When it
begins to simmer, add the sugar. Let boil for 5 minutes.

Toss the spices into the bottom of your jar (unless you already did that step). Stuff your cucumbers into
that jar. They do not have to be packed tightly, but with some puzzle-solving skills you may be able to
pull it off. When the water is done boiling, pour the brine directly into the jar. The glass will not crack.
Screw on the metal lid that came with the jar, and let this sit on the counter until it comes to room
temperature. When they come to room temperature, shake them or turn the jar over in your hands to
get all the flavors mixed through. Enjoy them first thing tomorrow morning!
Store in refrigerator.

SAM_2373.JPG

so not a single recipe, but I just found this site out and I can't wait to try to make some of the recipes!!
Yummy Korean Food

I love Maangchi. Been subscribed to her YouTube channel forever. I've been meaning to try her kimchi jjigae recipe next time I make kimchi. It's probably my favourite food, and no one will deliver it to me now that I'm not in a huge city :arghh:

Here is a classic family recipe. Super duper simple and easy, yet everyone who tries it just raves about it. It is vegetarian, but due to the cheese and butter, it isn't vegan. Anytime anyone in my family gets sick, or whenever the seasons start to turn cold, this soup is so warm and filling and delicious. And the leftovers taste even better! If you are a meat eater, you can tweak this easily with chicken broth or non-cheese tortellinis, but this veggie recipe is how we always make it!

Tortellini Soup
(Usually makes about 6-8 servings, depending on bowl size). If you are making for one person (or just want to experiment without committing to a family sized pot), just half everything.

What you'll Need:
- A big ass soup or spaghetti pot. I'm afraid a saucepan will not work!
- 6 of the 14.5 oz cans of veggie broth OR 3 of the 32 oz boxes
- 2 (14 oz) cans of diced tomatoes (I prefer the Basil, Garlic, and Oregano flavored cans - they really add some amazing flavors)
- 1 (10z) block of frozen, chopped spinach (sometimes I add handfuls of fresh spinach leafs too)
- Diced garlic
- Tablespoon of butter
- 20 oz of three-cheese tortellini (though really, any sort of tortellini can be used)
- Salt
- Pepper
- Shredded Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese

Steps.
1. Turn heat onto medium
2. Put tablespoon of butter into the pan. Let about half of it melt
3. Spoon in your diced garlic! If you're not a huge garlic fan, a little spoonful will be okay. I'm obsessed with garlic, so I put a few spoonfuls in! There is no such thing as too much garlic in my family. Let the garlic heat up, stirring often to prevent it from sticking and burning to the bottom of your pan. The garlic oils will be released and it will smell so good! Yum! Keep cooking them until they turn a light golden brown.
4. Throw in your broth! Since there are a lot of ingredients, and I don't have quite a big enough soup pot, I usually throw in 5 of my six cans (or 2 1/2 of my boxes) - and add in the rest at the very end, when the soup is almost to the top of the pot and I don't have to worry about accidentally sloshing it over the edges.
5. Season your broth (if you need to)! Some veggie broth is super flavorful and delicious, while others are pretty bland. We don't want bland! I throw in salt and pepper as needed during this stage, before the broth becomes too scalding to taste.
6. Boost up your heat a bit. Bring your broth to a boil. Throw in your tortellinis!
7. When tortellinis are finished (I taste them to make sure they are ready!), throw in both cans of tomatoes. INCLUDING the juice! Don't drain it - just throw it all in! Bring it back to a boil - taste your tomatoes. Make sure they are cooked and soft and not chewy!
8. Throw in your block of frozen spinach. Stir it around to help melt faster.
9. As soon as the spinach is no longer frozen, I usually add in the very last of my broth from step 4 - since I don't have to stir anymore and I won't spill soup. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool!
10. Serve with generous handfuls of shredded cheese (though I also recommend pairing with French or Asiago cheese bread too)
11. Prepare to eat a lot of soup over the next few days because this recipe lasts a while. ^__^

Here's one that's impressed everyone I've had the opportunity to make it for.

Persian Jeweled Rice

2 1/2 cups long grain white basmati rice
1 medium onion, peeled, thinly sliced
1/2 cup sliced pistachios, may be soaked in cool water to soften
2 large oranges, wash, dry, makes about 1/2 cup julienne cut orange skin
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon powdered saffron dissolved in 3-4 tablespoons of hot water
1/3 teaspoon turmeric
Salt
Butter/Oil

1. In a large bowl wash the rice with cool water a few times. Soak the rice in 6-8 cups of water, add 2-3 tablespoons of salt and set aside for a couple of hours.
  2. Bring 8 cups of water to a boil on medium-high heat. Drain the soaked rice and pour into the pot. Bring the water back to the boil for about 8-10 minutes, when the grain ends are soft to the touch and the center still has a bite to it. Drain, rinse with cool water, and set aside.
  3. Peel the orange skin, remove the pith, and cut the peel into thin strips. Soak in cold water for 10 minutes, and drain and replace with fresh water.
  4. Mix 1 cup of sugar and some orange zest with a cup of water in a pan over medium heat, boil for 7-10 minutes or until you have a simple syrup.
  5. In a large skillet with butter and oil, saute the onions until golden brown, add turmeric and saffron and stir well. Then mix this with the simple syrup you made.
  6. Putting the drained and cooled rice in a large pot, pour the mix over the rice and make sure it's evenly distributed. Put on medium, add enough water to make some steam, and finish cooking until rice is tender all the way through.
Serve, and wait for everyone to be really, really impressed with you.

To kick it off, here's a recipe I found on imgur yesterday. Already today they are a nice sharp pickle. I did change it up just a bit. I added some zucchini spears in with the cucumber. I've pickled zucchini in the past and know I like that. The recipe calls for 6 persians, but I just have access to regular cucumbers at my grocery store. Persians must be really thin, because I used two medium regular ones and a single small to medium sized zucchini. That filled up the quart jar as shown. And I added about 6 cloves of garlic, none of that half of one nonsense. I like garlic pickles.

Excited to try this (minus the zucchini, mind you). I think with a day or two, it'll turn out some nice half-sours!

so not a single recipe, but I just found this site out and I can't wait to try to make some of the recipes!!
Yummy Korean Food

Love her recipes! She goes hard on the spice, but lucky for me I like heat.

Here is a classic family recipe. Super duper simple and easy, yet everyone who tries it just raves about it. It is vegetarian, but due to the cheese and butter, it isn't vegan. Anytime anyone in my family gets sick, or whenever the seasons start to turn cold, this soup is so warm and filling and delicious. And the leftovers taste even better! If you are a meat eater, you can tweak this easily with chicken broth or non-cheese tortellinis, but this veggie recipe is how we always make it!

After some meat-ifying, this would go over well with my family. Can't wait 'til it gets cold out and I can start making soups again!

Reactions: ShilohGables
I have tons of old recipes that have been handed down. Good old USA 'farmers food' mostly from post depression era. My favs are sweet things but if anyone is looking for other traditional [pre instant & boxed] stuff let me know and I'll see what I have. :D

Reactions: Mr_JJones
Omnom. All of these sound yummy! What great ideas everyone, thank you for posting these. :h: I eat a lot of meals that are small, and I try to make them balanced. I recently transitioned to being a vegetarian this year, after not really eating meat for a while, and now I'm trying to be vegan. Cheese is so hard to give up. :'(

Here's a recipe I had with a friend the other day though, and another one that I like to eat and figured would be good with the upcoming fall weather.

PORTOBELLO MUSHROOM OPEN FACED SANDWICHES

Serves 3

3 ciabatta rolls, or two slices of your favorite crusty bread (naan/flatbread works too!)
3 or 4 portobello mushroom caps (other mushrooms work as well!), sliced into long pieces
1 cucumber, sliced thinly
hummus (we used a cucumber dill kind, which was delicious) OR goat cheese
arugula
spinach (or kale!)
cooking oil (we used coconut oil, but olive oil works great and is great for you as well)

Heat up your preferred cooking oil in a pan on medium heat. Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan, tossing them to coat them in oil evenly. Allow them to cook until they start releasing moisture, about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spinach towards the end as it cooks quickly. Allowing the mushrooms to brown will add more flavor, so don't be afraid to let them sit in the pan! I add salt, pepper, and any seasonings at this point (cumin would work well). Toast your preferred bread lightly and slather each side with hummus or goat cheese (or your preferred spread). When the mushrooms and spinach are done cooking, add them to the bread on top of the hummus. Top with arugula and cucumber slices (I put the cucumber slices on the outside so it acts as kind of a bread top).

This recipe also works well as a closed face sandwich, panini, grilled cheese, or with any substitutions or veggies you like. Go nuts!

This other recipe is more of an instruction, but it amounts to a full recipe.

SPAGHETTI SQUASH MARINARA

Serves 2

1 Spaghetti squash
1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce, or make your own! (I can post one if anyone would like, I figured I've added enough though, haha)

Heat your oven to 400 degrees. While your oven heats, cut open the spaghetti squash. This will be very tricky, as spaghetti squash can be kind of hard, so PLEASE USE CAUTION. I find it is best to use a longer knife and leaning my weight into the handle. I work my way around the squash, leaning the blade into where I want to cut, until I'm able to get the top off and split it in half. At this point, hopefully the oven is heated up. I line a shallow baking tray with a piece of tin foil and smear some olive oil on in so the squash doesn't stick to the foil. Place the squash cut side down into the oil, skin facing you, and put in the oven. Allow 30-60 minutes for your squash to cook, depending on the size. The best way to tell if your squash is done is to lightly scrape a fork over the inside to see if it comes away easily. If it does, taste a few strands to see if it's a good texture. You may be able to tell visually if the squash is done, but the taste test helps. It may look done but that doesn't mean it tastes that way! :)
Once your squash is done, allow it to cool so you can handle it and run the fork through the tendrils. If you go against the direction the "noodles" are, they will be shorter. Top with marinara sauce, butter, pesto, salt and pepper, cheese- whatever your heart desires, honestly!

I hope my directions were clear to read, ask me if you have any questions or want to talk about food at all!

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
I have tons of old recipes that have been handed down. Good old USA 'farmers food' mostly from post depression era. My favs are sweet things but if anyone is looking for other traditional [pre instant & boxed] stuff let me know and I'll see what I have. :D
Hey bob, jones here.. I would love to see what you have! Maybe trade ya :)

Since the old recipes threads are closed due to being over a year since anyone posted, I'll start a new one.
Post recipes you like, any type. Healthy, fattening, meat, vegetarian...whatever floats your boat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 65192

oooh I'm definitely gonna try this - and also with carrots. that should work, right?

The one thing I love about fall are all the appearances butternut squash starts to make :3 one of my favorite recipes ever was for a squash and coconut soup - I could never find the original, but I'm gonna try this one and see if its close

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
2 cups water
1/2 cup canned coconut milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
2 (12-ounce) packages fresh cubed butternut squash
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Ground red pepper (optional)
Cilantro leaves (optional)
Preparation
1. Heat a large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add 2 cups water, coconut milk, salt, red pepper, and squash; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally.

2. Place squash mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Stir in juice. Garnish with additional pepper and cilantro leaves, if desired.

Bacon Fried Rice!

Things needed:
Veggies if you want them
As much bacon as you want.
Ginger
Soysauce
Fresh Garlic
Onions
Cold Rice (fresh will work but cold is best)
Eggs (optional)
-Chop the bacon/onion/garlic/ginger up into small peices (mince the ginger/garlic). Keep the bacon separate.
-Fry bacon first to desired crispness.
-Add onion/garlic/ginger and stir fry on medium/low heat until onions are translucent
-Turn heat up to med/high and stir fry any veggies
-Add cold rice and fry fry fry until it's covered in bacon grease
-Turn heat to medium/low and season with black pepper, soysauce until you like it ( I use a lot)
-Fry for about another minute, stirring well. It's done here.

-IF YOU WANT EGGS: It's best to scramble them in a separate pan, and add during the last minute. Or you can fry one up with a runny yolk and put it on top of the rice in a bowl. Both taste good.

oooh I'm definitely gonna try this - and also with carrots. that should work, right?

Definitely. The only thing i'm not sure about is how fast carrot sticks will pickle. It may take a few days, a week? Probably not overnight like that recipe is for. You can still use the same recipe, just let them sit longer in the fridge before eating them I'd guess.

I've pickled them, along with a medley of vegetables, in the past. But usually those recipes say let sit for 7 to 10 days for it to actually pickle. Same length of time as pickled eggs. Which I also like doing. haha

Truth is MANY vegetables pickle great. Green beans, green peppers, cauliflower, onion, carrot, garlic, jalapeno, zuchinni. Even the eggs and sausage. Time was pickling was a main option for preserving a lot of foods.

Check out this list.
http://www.hobbyfarms.com/the-a-list-pickle-worthy-veggies-and-fruits-2/

Yes, these are half gallon jars of stuff I've pickled.
SAM_1397_compressed.jpg

Reactions: Gen
upload_2016-9-29_23-0-0.jpeg
Directions
  1. In food processor place jalapenos and onions.
  2. Process for just a few seconds.
  3. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin.
  4. Process all ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
  5. Place in covered container and chill.
  6. A couple of hours of chilling will help blend and enrich the flavor.

I make crepes for breakfast a few times per week, and they're pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I make them in small batches cause it's usually just for me, but the recipe is easy to scale up.

Emi's Sweet Crepes:

Ingredients:
Yields 3-4 crepes.

1/2 c. flour
1/4 c. water
1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
1) Combine flour, salt, and sugar.
2) Add egg, water, and milk, and whisk until batter is smooth. Then add melted butter and vanilla extract. The batter should be very runny.
3) Melt a little bit of butter in a 10" non-stick pan over medium heat. You don't need much because there's already plenty in the batter.
4) Drop 1/4 cup of batter into the pan. Tilt and swirl the batter until it covers the bottom.
5) Cook until bottom starts getting golden spots. Gently slide a spatula under the crepe and flip. Let cook until other side has golden spots.
6) Serve with fresh fruit, jam, nutella, whipped cream, peanut butter, powdered sugar, or whatever the fuck your sweet little heart desires! Please note that you don't need much filling to make an impact.

It's a recipe that requires tweaking depending on your pan and stove, but it's a simple enough recipe so you can afford to make a lot of mess ups.

Reactions: eyeteach
Bacon Fried Rice!

I make a lot of rice dishes like this, quite often with more veggies and various meats. One thing I like to do with that is wrap it up into a large tortilla shell. Can put some shredded cheese in with it and then nuke it for just a bit to melt that. Also it's quite good topped with chopped roma's, sour cream, avocado, or hot sauce, before wrapping it up.

All the ways you can think of, including your version, are just great as burritos. Quite often when I do more of a breakfast version like you posted I'll also make up a little white gravy and put in there with it. So good.

Reactions: TeganTrex
This recipe is pretty easy but super yummy. I don't really have specific measurements because I always wing this recipe. As long as you are comfortable with the consistency of the casserole filling, and spiciness you can adjust accordingly.
Green chilli chicken casserole.
Incredients
-Whole rotisseri chicken already cooked
-2 cans of cream of chicken soup
-tub of sour cream
-green chilli, skinned, chopped and deseeded
-corn tortillas
-two garlic cloves chopped
-onion chopped
-large bag of shredded mexican blend cheese
In a large bowl mix your shredded chicken, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, garlic, onions, and green chile.
In a large casserole pan Grease the bottom so your tortillas don't stick. Layer tortillas on the bottom and start your first layer of casserole filling. On top later plebty of cheese. Another layer of tortillas, filling and another layer of cheese. continue until you fill the pan or run out of ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Easy peasy.

Stir fried veggie, smoked sausage on a bed of couscous thingie recipe.

Don't ask for amounts. I don't know. I just grab some fresh veggies and make this off the top of my head with amounts that look right.

Green beans.
Half an onion, rough chopped.
Couple garlic cloves all minced up.
herbs: I like parsley, marjoram, a bit of chicken bullion, and S&P. Feel free to vary it as you like.
Smoked sausage, sliced thick.
Roma tomatoes.
1 or 2 Tbsp butter. (optional)
1/3 cup per person instant couscous.
Little bit of cooking oil.

I generally start with pan frying the beans and onions since they take the longest. Then if you have a big enough pan you can toss in the sausage. Or another pan, or even do it after the beans are done and set aside for a few minutes. Minced garlic and herbs I toss in the last 4 or 5 minutes since those don't take too long.

When all those are done at the very last I toss in some butter, just to kind of make it a bit more creamy tasting and bring all the flavors together.

Then at the very last I add the tomatoes. Not really cooking them, just warming them up for a minute.

Right after you start cooking the beans you can cook up the couscous per instructions and have that sitting there covered waiting.

For a bit more healthy you can omit the butter. And if you're vegetarian just skip the sausage, maybe replace with red potatoes if you prefer. I like those in this dish as well.

The color is a bit off. The white couscous is too white, the red tomatoes a bit too vibrant. It's hard getting lighting and exposure right with a black plate.
325.gif

SAM_2616.JPG

White chicken chili
  • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1 tablespoon canola oil
  • 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
  • 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Cook your chicken and shred it or cube it's whatever your into

2. Take a big ol soup pan add all the ingredients except for the sour cream and whipping cream let it simmer with a lid on for 30 min to and hour (however long you want the flavors to develop)

3. Mix in your sour cream and heavy whipping cream

4. Eat a lot

I kind of like this channel for some different ideas. This one is for those who have problems with dairy or are vegan.

Recipes:
chrome_2017-01-23_11-48-44.png chrome_2017-01-23_11-48-19.png chrome_2017-01-23_11-47-58.png

Reactions: TheChubbyElf
1 box cake mix + 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg beaters if you're being "healthy") + 1/2 cup oil = cookie dough. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

1 Oscar Mayer Angus Beef and Cheddar hot dog.
1 La Banderita Flour Tortilla

Heat beef and cheddar frank in microwave for 40 seconds. Wrap tortilla around beef and cheddar frank.
Eat that shit.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Nikola Tesla
1 Oscar Mayer Angus Beef and Cheddar hot dog.
1 La Banderita Flour Tortilla

Heat beef and cheddar frank in microwave for 40 seconds. Wrap tortilla around beef and cheddar frank.
Eat that shit.

No mustard of any variety???
564a9723.200x.gif
d471156d.200x.gif

On a related note, my mom use to do something similar to this growing up. She'd heat up a hot dog, using boiling water since the guy who invented microwaves hadn't been born yet. Then she'd use a cabbage leaf instead of a tortilla. Again, I don't think tortillas were heard of at that time in Iowa. And of course the required mustard! Dijon is even better.

So I ended up having that once in a while cause she'd fix it when I was a kid. Turns out mustard on a hot dog wrapped up in a cabbage leaf is quite tasty. Rather good alternative to a bun if people don't want the bread intake.

ALRIGHT! Time to learn some shit! Mostly because @eyeteach twisted my arm :p

Coq au vin! This is actually my family recipe for the dish, and it's really good. I've learned a lot while making it through the years, and it's the first dish I ever decided to make on my own, while I was learning to cook. Bad idea. Tasty idea, but bad. It's classic french cooking at its best, and looking at what I made then versus what I can make of it now is like night and day.

Coq au vin

I HIGHLY recommend making this in a dutch oven or another large pot.

Ingredients:

2 cups red wine. A good, deep red wine that has fruit overtones but isn't aggressive, I don't like Merlot in it, but Shiraz or a good Malbec is heaven (pick a wine that you would be happy to drink all on its own, that's what matters with cooking wines and making good sauces/reductions)
Pearl Onions (just go ahead and cheat with frozen, equally tasty, just as healthy for you, and that much easier to use)
A few sprigs of fresh Thyme
6 Garlic cloves (peeled)
3 lbs of chicken, it's okay if you have more, I usually quarter a chicken I'm going to be using if I have one laying around, but my favorite for the dish is thighs because dat dark meat.
1/2 lbs of bacon (do yourself a favor and get good bacon)
2 cups chicken stock or broth
2 bay leaves
A few sprigs fresh parsley (I prefer flat leaf but curly will do fine)
Button mushrooms (however much you want, I prefer a lot of mushrooms) sliced or quartered, I prefer sliced but whatevs.
2 tbsp butter
Chopped parsley for garnish, if you care about that.

*placing the herbs in a bouquet garni saves time and effort with the herbs, just place the herbs in the center of some cheese cloth, tie the cloth together, and remove when herbs need to come out.

Cut the bacon into 1/4th of an inch pieces. Blanch the bacon to remove its inherent saltiness. Basically Drop the bacon into a saucepan of cold water, covered by a couple of inches. Bring to a boil, simmer for 5 minutes, drain. Rinse in cold water, pat dry with paper towels.

Brown the bacon. I mean brown it. Get it nice and crispy and render all that good fat, because that's what you're cooking your chicken in. Work in batches if necessary. For those of you who are bacon challenged, this can take up to ten minutes. Remove the bacon when done.

Add the chicken, skin side down, and add the onions. Brown the chicken until the skin is crispy and releases, roughly 5-6 minutes per side on medium high heat. Halfway through the browning, aka after you flip it, add the garlic and season with salt and pepper--you don't want to add the salt and pepper before you start the browning or the pepper might burn. You can still do so, but you might need to cook at a lower temp depending on your stove-top.

With all this done, spoon off the excess fat. Then, my favorite part. Add the chicken stock, wine, and your delicious herbs. Add back the bacon. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender. Take the chicken and onions out.. Remove the bay leaves, herb sprigs, garlic, and discard.

Speaking of sauce, add the mushrooms. Now for the fun part. Turn that sucker onto high and rapid boil the sauce. Cook until the sauce reduces by 3/4ths and it becomes thick and saucy. Now that you have a glorious reduction, it might be a bit... punchy... Lower the heat to medium. Add the butter, and stir to incorporate. This serves to mellow the taste out, but also add delicious butter and to bind the sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Return the chicken and onion to the pan to reheat, and occasionally spoon the sauce over the chicken segments to coat them in the sauce.

Serve with garnished parsley and whatever side dish you'd like.

@Excella_4Fun that sounds delicious! Let me twist your arm and ask you something simple, do you like omelets and if so, what do you put in them? How do you make them?

@Excella_4Fun that sounds delicious! Let me twist your arm and ask you something simple, do you like omelets and if so, what do you put in them? How do you make them?
I do like omelets! It depends on how I'm feeling, but I like spinach and goat cheese with some shallot. :3 So delicious. Tastes like the innards of a quiche.

I gave myself a late Christmas prize... I scored 2 old cookbooks from a used book place. One is "American Womans" and the other is an earlier edition of one I have from my great gran. © 1937, 1948. Both are over 750 pages. This is the kind of thing that doesn't rely on prepackaged or instant ingredients like so many recipe books do today. One even has how to dress out your fresh killed yardbird. If there's something in particular you remember from childhood and wondered how to make, DM me and ill have a look to see what I can find. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.