AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Recorded Private Show

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2020
Australia
I found an older thread on this, but it was closed for replies.
Anyone else had recent tech issues during a CB private, resulting in the show recording not appearing in your 'My Collection' tab?
I'm not generally bothered about recordings, but did a fantastic private yesterday during which the audio feed was lost for maybe 70% of the time. The model and I decided to continue regardless at the time the audio was lost, as we still had the video and the ability to pm chat, so no regrets.
But I think in the back of my mind, I knew there was the option of watching the recording again later to enjoy the missing audio aspects. Sadly that's turned out to be not possible.
And yes, the model had activated that recording feature.
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this lately? Maybe I should have ended the show as soon as the audio gltches occurred, and then gone straight back in to enjoy video and audio together in real time, and forget the recording feature existed....... but would've killed the flow of the show at that moment.

If the audio feed was lost, then it's not likely that audio would be recorded. Or are you saying the entire recording was missing from your collection? I have had a few now and then not show up for whatever reason. Relatively rare but happens.

Upvote 0
If the audio feed was lost, then it's not likely that audio would be recorded. Or are you saying the entire recording was missing from your collection? I have had a few now and then not show up for whatever reason. Relatively rare but happens.
The entire recording failed, at least it didn't show up in the 'My Collection' tab. Far as I can tell, every single private I've been in before has ended up in there, but not this one.
I'm a bit conflicted anyway about the ability for privates to be recorded, so not really bothered. But because this particular one was mostly without audio, which for me would have been really nice to hear, this is one recording that I would have liked to replay before deleting.

One question I've often wondered during a private on CB is that if I were to hit the browser's 'refresh', would that cut the connection and end the private? I've never tried it before, as I assume it would end, but sometimes the stream can be very laggy and it does take away from the enjoyment somewhat..... some sites have an option to refresh the video stream but not the entire page, but not CB.

Upvote 0
Can't recall whether I've ever done that but I'd also think that it would. I know other brief breaks of the connection can. e.g., when my or the model's connection has glitched for a moment that will kill it sometimes.

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
One question I've often wondered during a private on CB is that if I were to hit the browser's 'refresh', would that cut the connection and end the private? I've never tried it before, as I assume it would end, but sometimes the stream can be very laggy and it does take away from the enjoyment somewhat..... some sites have an option to refresh the video stream but not the entire page, but not CB.
Curious... did the model switch the setting to not allow recordings? I had that happen once. She didn't realize that the studio switched in on her.

As for refreshing while in private, the results are unpredictable. I did this once or twice because of lagging and had the private disconnected and also had the private continue as if there was no interruption. Scary enough, I have also had my computer crash and the private continued! I was fortunate I was with a model I had become friends with and she cut the private and waited for me to get back. The playback was funny. "Hey! What happened? Where did you go? Hello?" for about 60 seconds before, "I am going to end this and wait for you to come back!" and the video ended.

Upvote 0
Yeah, it can happen now and then. I've had a couple that I'm sure were set to record that just didn't end up there for whatever reason.

On Strip a few times too. Just stayed as being processed forever and then never were viewable.

Upvote 0
The model can get the recording via Settings & Privacy > View the security center and adjust Two-Step Verification settings > Privacy Center > Export Your Data > Broadcasted Private Shows. Unfortunately, this will be every single private show they have done and there's no way to pick and choose which shows or even a timeline they wish to export. Thus, it could take several days for it to be ready. After the model has found the show, they can then send it to you via whatever means they wish. I usually record everything via OBS, but have had to use this data export a couple of times. It's a bit meh to do so I'm sure the model would really appreciate it if you tipped them for their time in doing this for you.

Upvote 0
The model can get the recording via Settings & Privacy > View the security center and adjust Two-Step Verification settings > Privacy Center > Export Your Data > Broadcasted Private Shows. Unfortunately, this will be every single private show they have done and there's no way to pick and choose which shows or even a timeline they wish to export. Thus, it could take several days for it to be ready. After the model has found the show, they can then send it to you via whatever means they wish. I usually record everything via OBS, but have had to use this data export a couple of times. It's a bit meh to do so I'm sure the model would really appreciate it if you tipped them for their time in doing this for you.
Thanks so much @Brit, really appreciate knowing that! But I wouldn't ask her to go through all that process, we had great fun in the moment, even without much audio, and that's enough.
Cheers!

Upvote 0
Following up, to my surprise I got an email from CB a few days after this happened. Said they had identified a technical issue occurred, and refunded me the per-minute tokens for the full duration of the private show.
I asked support to confirm that the refunded tokens were not taken back from the model, as the issue was not hers, and they said no, which she later confirmed.
So I was actually impressed with that approach from CB - thank you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.