AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Reminders To Tip

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How often do you remind your room to tip?

• Never

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 39 41.5%
  • Often

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • I dislike when a model reminds the room to tip

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • I don't mind if a model reminds the room sometimes

Votes: 45 47.9%
  • I don't mind if she reminds the room often

Votes: 14 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yossarian said:
PlayboyMegan said:
I voted "sometimes."
I remind my room every 20min. or so. I usually say things like, "Hey guys, it's been 30min. with no tips, whatever you have to give is greatly appreciated!" or "X till cumshow!"

I almost always get tipped after that. My room gets so caught up in the conversations I think they genuinely forget to tip.

Seriously, that happens, especially if you have a lot of regulars who know each other. The only thing that shakes me back to reality sometimes is a reminder from the model or some dumbass with no tokens asking for a freebie.

This does indeed happen. Sometimes, there's a pause in a conversation, and I realize that there haven't been any tips in a good while. When this happens, I try to drop at least a small tip. Just seeing/hearing one go by serves to remind everyone about tips without anyone having to sound pushy. Of course, this doesn't work so well in a room that's just slow the whole time. Usually it works well if there are people willing to tip who just got distracted though.

I want to make a post real quick just clarifying something. I think my main problem with reminders is because I had it drilled into my brain, when young, that I should never ever talk about money, and it feels awkward for me. I don't mind when models do it, as long as they aren't just being whiny. I just don't often mention reminders, because I feel uncomfortable with it.

Reactions: Gerien and LadyLuna
I just want to say thank you for this thread! This is all so very helpful for me, as I'm still learning the ropes of MFC and working on mastering the art of subtle tip reminders. If I am too blunt, guys will just leave the room. Although I've never whined or got bitchy about it. I've observed other models to see how they do it. Here's some of my attempts at motivational tipping: (Some failed, some good.)

1.) Being peppy and cheerleading them, "Come on guys! If everyone pitches in we can make it to goal!" (May have overdone this.)
2.) Emotes. "Tips make your penis bigger." (They were not amused. Lol I've decided to stop doing this.)
3.) Reposting my topic and reminding them that all spanks/vids/whatever goes toward goal. (This seems to work.)
4.) If the countdown is done and I'm doing a toy show and ppl stop tipping, I'll say every so often in a soft, sexy voice "Don't forget to tip if you like the show!" Or "Tip 5 if you're enjoying me!" (This is 50/50.)

Such a thin line I tell you! Some guys will "get it" and tip right away at your prompts and others get turned off and think you're being a "greedy bitch". (That's a direct quote from a member last night btw.) Guess it's all trial and error!

Bambi

LadyLuna said:
UncleThursday said:
If practically every other sentence out of her mouth is reminding people to tip, I just don't bother with her at all.

I believe I had a session where for five minutes straight I was telling people to tip for their requests... because everybody was requesting things. That was ALL I could manage to do, with how fast those requests were coming in.

As I said, though, if they are begging/demanding without tips, I see no problem with saying stuff like 'tip for requests!'

I meant when it becomes like nagging. Just her constantly saying it over and over without people begging all the time.

AmberCutie said:
UncleThursday said:
If a goal has been met for something and during said something she constantly reminds people to tip, I get annoyed. I understand everyone wants to make something more, but if the goal that was reached was not the goal she was looking for, then she should have set the goal higher.
But I've read in other threads that setting a token goal for a show too high is off-putting...

Example: I set an oil dancing show countdown at 1500 tokens. Lots of regulars and a few randoms help get that countdown complete in 30 minutes. I start doing the show that brings in another 500 viewers. Reminding the newcomers to tip for the show over the next 30 minutes is reasonable, I think. And I knowingly set the countdown to about 1000 less than what I hoped to make for this show, knowing the pool of possible tippers will grow during the show. If I had set the topic at 2500 til oil show, it could have taken 2x as long to reach it, and would have been derived from a smaller pool of people.

There's always some happy medium to be looked for though. Sure, having too high a goal can put members off, especially if they have limited time that day. With limited time, if they don't plan on tipping big for it, they will most often not tip towards it. But, at the same time, too low a goal means the model is doing it for less than she thinks she should.

However, your example brings up a flaw in MFC, the ability of guests and basics to see the 'most popular rooms' sidebar. So, as they see a room get popular, they rush to it to see what the reason is (some sort of show, normally). So, out of the 500 new viewers you could potentially get, how many will actually be premiums? 20? 30? I'd say it's going to be less than 10% of the total new viewers will even be on premium accounts. Then how many of those premiums are actually willing to tip anything? That might fluctuate between 10%-50%, depending on how many $20 basics show up.

So, reminding the 90%+ of new viewers that it is nice to tip if they are enjoying what they see is like reminding a stone it needs to bleed. Even if some of the guests and basics are actually premiums just hiding out on those accounts, the likelihood they'd switch to their premium account to tip is very low. The likelihood of the actual guests and basics without premium accounts actually spending $20 to become premiums is also very low (there are guests and basics who have been guests and basics for years, remember). As for the premiums, it differs, but most of the bloobs probably won't tip, the $20 basics who have only ever spent $20 will never tip and even those who have spent a lot on the site may or may not tip. Plus the lounge viewers, who, in most cases, will probably also not tip (most of them viewing from the lounge are doing so to not be noticed in the first place and they often are just looking for shows others have paid for).

In the end, you might still be relying on regs and a few randoms to tip the other 1000 you were hoping to make.

I'm so awkward! I think I've asked like...once. I don't even like to say how many tokens my videos are!!! I hate talking about tips! Hate hate hate it. I just want to sit there and do my thing and have people just... tip when they want to... or not. I'm so wishy-washy about money. It makes me so uncomfortable that it exists. I don't feel I deserve anything, because I'm having too much fun to get paid. It feels like it's up to the members to decide whether or not I deserve it. I never want to pressure people or make me them feel guilty if they don't tip.

However, being naked does make me more whiny on the inside. Like, "BUT BUT BUT I'M NAKED FOR YOU. y u dun't lik my body? :icon-cry: " I think being naked just makes everything 100 times worse for me. I'm so vulnerable and exposed when I'm nude, and a lack of tips feels like a stab to my ego. But, If I'm singing and playing guitar and not getting tipped, I hardly notice. That shit is just too much fun. And when tips do happen during guitar, IT'S THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING BEST.

The girls I visit never ask for a tip :eek:

If yo request something, they may say "sure if you tip" - but have never said "come on guys, tip me" or anything similar. At least not while I've been there.

Maybe I should point them to the thread and say they should experiment a little more by actually reminding people to tip.
Sadly, I fear it will only actually make any impact upon the regulars, who may start to shy away if they feel like they've got to tip to sit in the room...

As for models thinking they should be tipped just for being in their room - unless you tip the store clerks for putting items on display in the window for you to look at, then not likely.
Of course I actually tip for whatever reason I want. To say something silly, or just to make a smile. But if I feel like someone is asking me to tip (unless it's because I have asked for something) then it's never going to result in a tip.

yummybrownfox said:
I've had a freeloader express relief when he saw my best spender enter the room...*rolls eyes*

I've actually had a freeloader come right out and express his relief when a huge spender entered the room. He was all "Oh good..._____ is here!" :roll:

Sorry, I didn't realize I had repeated myself in my post...lol.

Reactions: Nordling
If everybody has stopped tipping...I will put on one of my emergency moustaches... Last night it was one on top of each nipple. It seems to really push things along AND make the freeloaders leave. :D

Attachments

• Moustache Boobies.jpg
    Moustache Boobies.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 336
Zoomer said:
As for models thinking they should be tipped just for being in their room - unless you tip the store clerks for putting items on display in the window for you to look at, then not likely.
Of course I actually tip for whatever reason I want. To say something silly, or just to make a smile. But if I feel like someone is asking me to tip (unless it's because I have asked for something) then it's never going to result in a tip.

Although I am also not in favor of models explicitly asking for tips, this is just not a good analogy to use. A model devotes time (which is money) to constantly interact with members in her room whereas a store clerk who puts an item on display and goes to do her stuff obviously doesn't make the same commitment. A sales clerk gets paid a basic wage per hour (with putting items on display part of her job scope) but the model's sole income is through tips. Now if you spend an extended amount of time in a model's room without tipping, that would be like talking to a sales clerk for hours without buying anything. I don't think anyone would be happy with it especially if you are not her friend. And even if you do stay for only a few minutes, surely the cost to the model and benefit to members of displaying an item in a store window and a model displaying her intimate bits for everyone to ogle at (if she is naked) is nowhere similar.

yummybrownfox said:
yummybrownfox said:
I've had a freeloader express relief when he saw my best spender enter the room...*rolls eyes*

I've actually had a freeloader come right out and express his relief when a huge spender entered the room. He was all "Oh good..._____ is here!" :roll:

Sorry, I didn't realize I had repeated myself in my post...lol.
We didn't notice. We were all still staring at your avatar.
Awesome photo.

Nordling said:
Somewhat related, is when I'm ready to tip, and just as I hit the button, a freeloader demands something like, "stand up" or "show [anatomical part]. Heck with him...I'll back out of the tip until he leaves. :)

Tip to have the beggar banned.

Nordling said:
Somewhat related, is when I'm ready to tip, and just as I hit the button, a freeloader demands something like, "stand up" or "show [anatomical part]. Heck with him...I'll back out of the tip until he leaves. :)

On Streamate, if someone asks for something and someone else tips for that thing, the beggar will be kicked from the room. On MFC, I use the ban button, but don't make it permanent.

ComicOzzie said:
Nordling said:

Tip to have the beggar banned.
I used to do that, but finally realized that not all models like members telling them who to ban--with or without a tip, so I try to leave it up to her how to handle it.

LadyLuna said:
On Streamate, if someone asks for something and someone else tips for that thing, the beggar will be kicked from the room. On MFC, I use the ban button, but don't make it permanent.

I wish we had the kick button on MFC. :(

Nordling said:

Freeloader: SHOW TITS BB
Tipper tips for a flash.
Freeloader *banned*
Model flashes.

If I allowed him to stay and watch me flash it reinforces the behaviour, it rewards him for being a fuck bucket.

No fucks were given if the beggy freeloader is upset. Sorry not sorry.

I was in a popular model's room last night. She really wanted to make some progress on a countdown and politely asked everyone on the count of three to tip what they could afford. Any amount, really, but I think she posted something like 7, 14, etc. There were 802 people in the room, and I think more than 300 of them were premium members. How many do you think tipped on the count of three? A grand total of seven responded with tips ranging up to 77. I was initially astounded that the number was so small; then not so much after thinking about it a bit. It is like pulling teeth to get money out of us, isn't it?!! (and, yes, I was one of the seven)

pg240 said:
I was in a popular model's room last night. She really wanted to make some progress on a countdown and politely asked everyone on the count of three to tip what they could afford. Any amount, really, but I think she posted something like 7, 14, etc. There were 802 people in the room, and I think more than 300 of them were premium members. How many do you think tipped on the count of three? A grand total of seven responded with tips ranging up to 77. I was initially astounded that the number was so small; then not so much after thinking about it a bit. It is like pulling teeth to get money out of us, isn't it?!! (and, yes, I was one of the seven)

That is a very high number of premium although that sounds right for premiums plus basics.. Typically for high room counts premiums is closer to 15% (cause there are tons of folks who roam pack like to popular room). I just counted Jenny (Sweet) 990 room 142 premiums , Puredream 1091 160 premium.
1% tippers is pretty standard for a request like that almost never more than 5%/hour. Hey the site is advertised extensively as my FREE cams.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Gerien said:
this is just not a good analogy to use. A model devotes time (which is money) to constantly interact with members in her room whereas a store clerk who puts an item on display and goes to do her stuff obviously doesn't make the same commitment.

Now if you spend an extended amount of time in a model's room without tipping, that would be like talking to a sales clerk for hours without buying anything. I don't think anyone would be happy with it especially if you are not her friend. And even if you do stay for only a few minutes, surely the cost to the model and benefit to members of displaying an item in a store window and a model displaying her intimate bits for everyone to ogle at (if she is naked) is nowhere similar.

I only just read this - but had to comment :D My analogy was bad, but you then trot out one that's even worse?

Sitting silently perving in a models room is nothing even remotely like sitting chatting to a sales clerk for hours on end. Likewise a model can talk to multiple, both publicly and privately, which a sales clerk cannot. A model can service/serve many whilst a clerk cannot. Additionally, sales clerks can also be commission only.

So how about rather you adding more bad analogies, we agree its a bad analogy and yours is also shit as well :D

The problem is always the same. I understand models feel they should be compensated for sitting there chatting/being naked, but if that's how you feel you're all working the wrong site. Go work one where its required upfront.

Either accept what you view as being down sides/unfair/unjust parts of the website people choose to work on or change how you work. Of course, moaning about it is fine - no issue.

And by the way - time isn't money - no matter what movie you watch. If it were, I demand $100 for writing this post - because just by reading it, you guys have consumed/enjoyed it and therefore I deserve payment because "you have gotten something out of it" (whatever "something" is!) :p

Reactions: LadyLuna
Zoomer said:
Gerien said:
And by the way - time isn't money - no matter what movie you watch. If it were, I demand $100 for writing this post - because just by reading it, you guys have consumed/enjoyed it and therefore I deserve payment because "you have gotten something out of it" (whatever "something" is!) :p

Well AmberCutie might be able to make a demand of payment for reading posts on her site, but not you. She could also charge for people to write the posts. If we could see her sitting there naked while she interacted with us reading or writing the posts it would be a reasonable demand.

I'll throw in my :twocents-02cents:

I'm on MFC only for the most part so I'll talk about that site. I pretty much hate going to a models room when I don't have tokens to tip, especially if I'm going to a room where I would be considered a regular. I rarely do it. I really feel bad if I go and am unable to tip and she isn't really getting tips that night. I feel like part of the problem so I will usually leave. May sound dumb but it is what it is. When I am there with tokens, I try to get tips started by posting notes like "I don't know about everyone else, but I love boobies" or something similar. I post the tip note so the room can see and it kind of pushes people to help me get a model naked or get the countdown moving. Doesn't always work, but a lot of times it does.

So, I have absolutely no problem with a model that periodically reminds the room to tip her whether it's by reposting the room topic or saying "We need to get this countdown moving" or "500 more until topless" or whatever. What I don't really like is a model that constantly talks about nothing but tips and her cam score. I know it's her room and she can do as she pleases, but I like to visit models that are personable and entertaining as well as beautiful and sexual. And, hearing someone basically just talking about climbing the Miss MFC rankings or getting her cam score up and constantly asking for tips is very off putting for me.

I know this is a job for you ladies and I appreciate that. So, whatever you need to do to make your money is fine with me. But, I'd prefer the more subtle approach when you feel the need to remind the rooms to tip. And if that doesn't work, then saying "500 tokens in 5 mins or I'm logging off." is fine with me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.