AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

renting space to work

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2014
Hi

I'm looking to start work as webcam model but do to my living situation I don't have the privacy to do so. I was wondering if anyone had experience with renting space to set up a small studio. I've looked at small office spaces that rent for about 300 to 400 a month but I'm not sure if they would rent the space to me if they knew what I would be using it for. I'm also not to sure how much I'll be able to bring in a month but right now I'm living on a couch and working a job that doesn't even give me 20 hours a week. So I my regular job should cover the month rent for the office space. I would focus about 20 hours a week webcaming and am hoping to make at least $1500 a month.
Any advice on renting a space to work would be super helpful. Thanks!

I once rented a really cute, historic studio apartment above a downtown business for a summer while my family was staying with me.
Month to month with all utilities included is pretty common for studios, and you can usually find them for pretty cheap. 400-500 a month depending on where you live.
Plus if you get a studio apartment... no more couch surfing. That's a double wammy.

A model I know spent a few years going into town to do camming. She had no choice, couldn't get internet at all at her home. For her an economic choice was renting a small mobile home in a trailer park.

Thank you all for responding so quickly! Unfortunately renting a studio apartment isn't an option right now. I'm only making about 600 a month and studios in my area go for about a 1000.

My plan is to use some of the 600 to rent an office space, then if I can cam 20 hours a week and save up to rent a studio apartment. I am concerned with having to sign a year lease and if I have to disclose what I would be using the space for.

I haven't looked at RV sites. Not sure if there are any in my area but I'll look into it. Thank you so much!

Typically office space rents by the sq footage and I have seldom seen anything less than $3 in a large city (500k +) unless its in a sketchy part of the city, however you can rent office rooms/day offices for a flat fee and most charge around $300 to $800 depending on where you live.

Some things to ponder...

Office rooms are typically large offices that have been carved up into individual rooms so sound might be an issue, not saying that the room next to you will hear you but they could if you have loud music playing or you sqwee with joy on every tip.

Foot Traffic: An office room complex will have more than normal traffic since it is a shared communal environment (kitchens, bathrooms, meeting rooms, constant clients coming in and out of the building, etc.), you will have more privacy with office space. However there has been a lot of companies building new office room and day office buildings in the last few years so it might be better but with any new building you are going to pay a premium for it. For some personal experience I rented an office room for almost a year and I usually had random people knocking on the door looking for *abc company* or *so and so* every once in a while. Also you can sometimes expect drop-ins from maintenance and or the owners from time to time they will call you before hand and try and schedule it but some cases like the random people it does happen especially when an emergency.

Internet: Some office space offers free internet but most don't unless it is in the business of renting office space as a service. Office rooms and day offices have free internet but it is usually WiFi so there is that to deal with. Also some do have bandwidth caps for daily usage so uploading your videos may trigger some kind of warning. Remember rooms and offices are a shared resource and everyone will expect a level of service and if they don't get it they will complain.

Business Credentials: While most office leases don't really require any kind of proof you run a business they probably will ask, the less vague you are about there is a good chance they will probably be suspicious about what you really do and maybe even deny you. Having a solid story about why you want to lease is a good idea even if you say *I work out of my home and decided that meeting clients at the local coffee shop looked a little unprofessional*.

Nosy People: There are everywhere more so in office buildings anything out of the ordinary and they will make it their mission to find out what the young girl in the corner office does.

Reactions: PlayboyMegan
Status
Not open for further replies.