AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Request for interviews and/or survey completion about sexcamming as part of a sociological study

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2020
Hello everyone ! I hope my topic is not out of place, and doesn’t violate any of your rules. Tell me if it does !

My name is Timothée, I’m a french student at the University of Bordeaux, and as part of my third year of sociology studies, I’m doing a research about new online works, and more specifically about the amateur/professional dichotomy. In this frame, I’ve chosen to focus on sexcamming, and that’s why I’m approaching you on this forum that I’ve discovered while reading ““I Get Paid to Have Orgasms”: Adult Webcam Models’ Negotiation of Pleasure and Danger” by Angela Jones. Through my survey or my interviews, I’m interested in any type of cam modelling activity, whether you consider yourself to be a neophyte, an amateur, a professional… So don’t feel out of place !

First I’ve made an online survey that you can directly do from this link : Sexcamming Survey

As for the interview, the survey doesn’t ask any informations threatening your identity. In the introduction of the survey, you will find a resume for each section. It should take you between 15 and 20 minutes to complete it. I’m so grateful for your time in advance. Either if you do private shows, public shows, or anything else, you can do my survey.

Another way for me to obtain informations is through interviews. With this methodology, I’m only looking for cam model performing on public shows. If you’re doing so, I’d love to make an interview with you, by phone or any other devices, in order to learn about your activity. I’m interested in objective facts (your personal career, how you organize your schedule, how you learn to do camshows, the way you conceive them...), but also your subjective thought on this work (which difficulties and rewards, your thoughts on traditional work compared to new forms of work nowadays, conditions of work, amateur culture, economy based on donations...). I’m sure this meeting would greatly help my work, and even be fun and interesting for you !

The interview can take place whenever you want and can, I’ll make myself free. You will decide of the duration of the interview. The best for me would be one hour minimum, but it’s not necessary, it will depend on you ! I can make it last less than 30 minutes for exemple, or even asking you just a couple of questions. However, I have to record the interview, to be able to fully work on it, and use quotes for my futur essay. You’re obviously free to reject the interview if this condition doesn’t suit you. Yet, I’ll try to reassure you :

• The interview is completely anonymous. Your name won’t be mentioned, nor any other privates informations. You’re totally free not to answer any questions displeasing you. Don’t hesitate to ask me not to use any information shared during the interview that you think critical.​
  • The interview won’t go out the academic and scientific sphere. I won’t share it fully, I’ll just use it as an analytic tool, and maybe as quotes to justify my thoughts. Moreover, I’ll obviously take care of not disclosing any private information, and use fake names and fake pseudo.​
  • My final work will only be shared with my lead teacher, thus won’t be shared more globally. I will share with you this final work at the end of april if you want to ! I can also, after our interview, share with you the transcription I will made of it, so you can be sure I’m doing a serious job.​

If the interview conditions still don’t suit you, or if you simply don’t have the time, you can still help me a lot by answering the 15 minutes online survey I’ve done. It’s also a good, yet simplistic resume of the kind of questions I would like to approach in my interview.

Having read some sociological studies about sexcamming, I’m conscious of camworker’s fears about losing anonymity, and the threats that can result of it. That’s why I want to be clear on my own identity and my work. Contact me via this mail : tyymosocio@gmail.com . I will share with you the previous work I’ve done during last semester, and my registration form to prove my student identity. I’ve not shared my full identity here just in case of the possible danger of doing so online, but I will gladly do it in private, or even directly here if you all think it’s safe.

Thank you so much for reading my request, and thank you in advance for your incoming reply. If you want more information before deciding, just ask me !

Have a nice day !

Thanks to the people having already answered to my survey!! If you got any advice, or encounter any issue while answering it, feel free to ask me here!

I just filled it out and very good questions

Thank you so much Jane B. , your comment is really encouraging! It's really welcomed, studying and conducting a research under the social restriction (in France we can't go outside) is not easy, but being discourage is!

The most efficient use of a survey is to ask for objective informations, and avoid open answers, because it can be quickly untreatable. One of the consequence of those two criterias is that it's pretty difficult not to ask "borring" questions that can borred the interrogated, thus making him having a bad time, or even worst making him stop answering the survey. I tried to make it short but still kind of balanced and easy-to-go to make you not want to give up (the same strategy is applied to my sex life).

If I get some interesting results, I'll be glad to share them here if you all mind. I can't tell my hypothetises right now not to create any biases in the incoming new answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.