AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Requested clothing for custom videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 28, 2020
Hey everyone!

I just became a cam model less than a week ago,and I'm really enjoying it. I'm doing much better than I thought I would at this point and I just wanted to say a quick thanks to all of the helpful tips you guys have posted on here!! I would be so lost without it.

My question.... I have been asked to make my first custom video. The guy is very specific on what he wants me to do/wear, which is great. The issue is that I don't have the clothing that he wants me to be taking off throughout. I'm just curious as to what the rules or standards are... how to go about this.... Do I just go out and buy it all on my own, because I'm making quite a bit from this video? Do I charge him an extra amount of money? Do I ask him to purchase the items on my Amazon wishlist? (He has already bought a few things on there, so I feel like that would be an easy way to go). I'm scared to charge too much or to piss people off.

This is a whole new world for me, so I REALLY appreciate any feedback!

I would say that depends on how expensive the clothing is compared to what you get for the custom. Just make sure you're paid in advance whatever you do.

I never buy clothing or props for custom vids. It's part of the cost of the video if he is insisting on a specific item and if it's something I have to order then that time is added to the time it will take to produce. Most of the time if they are that specific it's something I would never even wear again. (For example I have a giant cone shaped bra that I can't really wear now and have never filmed with again, lol). It's completely unreasonable to expect you to pay the cost of something requested for a custom video.

Be clear about that as some customers won't take that into consideration.

Industry standard rates used to be $10 per minute of footage when I started doing customs (years ago) but looking around I'm seeing others charging way more so I'm thinking of upping my prices. I remember being shocked at how long a good quality video takes to script, prepare the set, film, edit and apply any special effects.

My first few videos I barely made minimum wage even at $10 per minute of footage so keep track of how much time you are spending. I've gotten better at it and faster but when there is a complex video with lots of effects I sometimes up those charges to compensate for my time.

Just a note from the cheaper seats: as a user I would definitely eat the cost for special props in a custom video. You want specifics, you pay for specifics.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Never ever ever pay for props or you will be eating those profit losses HARD. Always always always make customers pay for anything new needed for their custom videos because you have NO guarantee that you can reuse or make more money off it. I factor the cost of props and clothing into their total custom costs.
Example: dude wants a solo 10 minute strip video with catsuit. Video costs $100, catsuit costs $45 plus shipping and tax, total custom video costs would equal approximately $155 (random tax number, don’t quote me I’m making up bullshit math before noon and I’m only half awake maybe, just go with it.).

Always get full payment before filming, and never accept payment for props in a method which can be cancelled. I ONLY accept amazon gift cards for prop payments because then I can immediately use that gift card to buy said props. In the past, I allowed someone to pay via my website for props I could buy at the grocery store. Asshole waited 3 WEEKS and then cancelled his order and pulled fraudulent bullshit, so I was out the money for that custom ENTIRELY a month after it had completed and enjoyed by said thief......

Hi, first, I'm not a model. Second, I've never bought anything through amazon wishlist for a model in my life. I'm not from US, btw. Now, even though this is "ask a model section", I just thought this could be somehow useful for you. On which site are you selling your customs clips, if you don't mind me asking? I am a member of site which sells customs clips. I have happened to buy a couple of clips there during my quarantine days. I just thought maybe it would be useful for you to know how things played out, not only from a member perspective but also from what other models are doing on that site. Also, I have to point out the model it's not even a top model on that site, so I have no idea what top models are doing on there. Guess some of those are on ACF so maybe you'd better be asking them. This is just my costumer/member experience.

So, I bought a clip from a model there, then I thought, why not, I want to have a custom clip for me, since she was offering that option. I filled in the custom order and the script form in which I asked if she could wear the outfit she was wearing in a clip I previously had bought because I tought it was awesome and also looked good on her. Couple of days later the model pm'd me the script /idea was approved but she didn't have that outfit anymore and asked me if it was a big deal. Why she didn't have it anymore, I have absolute no idea. I replied it wasn't a big deal at all and that I just thought it was so cool and really looked awesome. Then she pm'ed me she could she could be buying it, if I really wanted her to, but that would have cost me the outfit price. I replied and asked her to tell me the price for which I would have be tipping her throught the site or just to factor it in the clip price. Did she factor in the cost of the outfit + the site cut an other things, as other models have pointed out in the replies above, honestly, I have absolute no idea. So, to sum up this what I've been charged for. 1) The clips duration; 2) the outfit; 3) The exclusivity, which is what you, as member, are charged for a clip which is only for you. Hope this is useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rose
The exclusivity, which is what you, as member, are charged for a clip which is only for you. Hope this is useful.
Exclusive custom videos and custom videos are different things. Exclusive videos are generally more expensive than standard custom videos that are re-sold.

Pointing this out for any new filmers that may stumble on this, but you should absolutely charge more for an exclusive- whether it be double, triple, or some other fee you determine yourself.

For example: standard custom video $10/minute at 10 minutes, cost of lingerie $15, cost of exclusivity 3x cost of the video= $315 or $415 depending on how you want to cut your exclusivity fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.