AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Ronda Rousey

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker_Babe

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 31, 2010
Earth
thecamgirlreport.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@Poker_Babe69
Tumblr Username
Pokerbabe69
MFC Username
A_Poker_Babe
Streamate Username
PokerCutie
Chaturbate Username
Poker_Babe
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/78365/poker-princess--clip-store
Well I remember once apon a time, there was an MMA/UFC thread around here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it now, so I'm just gonna go a head and post this here...

Ronda Rousey is Fighting on the 28th and I've been looking forward to this all month, but anyways... I just stumbled upon this article about her in the Washington Post that I found too awesome not to share. She really is much more than just the champ in MMA or the UFC, she truly is a Champion for women everywhere.

White famously vowed to keep women out of UFC and now concedes that no men are as technically sound as Rousey when it comes to a judo throw or an armbar. Few others have created as much separation from their peers. White joked recently, “She’s gonna have to start fighting men if she walks through Cat Zingano.”
Eventually a reporter from Breitbart Sports asked whether female fighters could produce the same pay-per-view numbers as a male-dominated card. And if they can’t, might women’s place in the sport be harmed by Saturday’s show?

Rousey answered respectfully — “It’s a great opportunity to be able to prove something.” But the discussion kept simmering.

The reporter noted that MMA is still a niche sport and “the women’s thing for a lot of fans, whether you like it or not, it’s a turn-off for certain guys.”

Needless to say, Rousey did not like this.

“And you know what? Lighter divisions are a turn-off to some people,” she said. “But you don’t ask [male fighters] about that. . . . This is the thing that we’re starting to change. You are what we need to change about this culture.”

The gym erupted in laughs and cheers. Later, she called the reporter unprofessional and “a mama’s basement blogger.”

“But whatever,” she said. “Not everybody can be good at their job.”

Here's the link to the OP:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...a69a32-bcf8-11e4-9dfb-03366e719af8_story.html

Attachments

• o-RONDA-ROUSEY-facebook.jpg
    o-RONDA-ROUSEY-facebook.jpg
    478.8 KB · Views: 325
tumblr_nkh5ij3S7s1rl3gg4o1_540.png

JerryBoBerry said:
GreatDane said:
14 seconds... YIPES

About how long the video lasted on youtube before it was removed. :lol:

Here's a gif of the fight. I would put it in img tags but it's huge and I think that would be obscene:
http://giant.gfycat.com/BlondApprehensi ... icleer.gif

I absolutely love Ronda Rousey. It's funny because every one I know in meatspace land hates her because of her attitude on the show.
I think after her Olympic status as an American doing so well in Judo, along with how badly she's smashed her competition in MMA, she should allow her to act any way she damn well feels.
I also get the sense that she just plays the "heel" roll, because it sells more PPV's. People need to get energized behind her fights and most people can't get excited knowing that they are just going to be sub 1 minute squashes from a positive woman. Acting as the heel makes it so anyone that would be a fan because of her abilities still are, while people that would never like her will tune in for her to lose. She's also mentioned it makes it more of a relief to have fans hating her, so she doesn't worry about disappointing anyone, which makes a lot of sense.

I know it's silly, but what's your opinion on her vs Mayweather?
I'll post a caveat to this stating that I've never trained standup and haven't been in a fight since grade school, but I've trained for almost a year in BJJ and I do know how it feels to get absolutely schooled by someone 40 pounds lighter then you when you have no experience. When I started for the first month I was getting tapped by a badass woman at our school that had to have been at least 40 pounds lighter. I can't see someone with no experience overcoming someone of Ronda's skill on the ground. Not too mention he has no clinch game whatsoever and very little knockout power (albeit against top boxers). I just feel like he'd have one chance to knock her out, she'd get the clinch, toss him on his head and then tap him in 10 seconds.

I think she's incredible.

ACFFAN69 said:
I know it's silly, but what's your opinion on her vs Mayweather?
Floyd would dance around her the whole fight or until one of his jabs knocks her out. I could see her beating younger dudes with no training in anything but even scrubby guys in her weight class would probably have no problem with her. Speed and strength difference is just too much. Would be comparable to when mens high school teams beat professional womens teams, just isn't a fair matchup. Would still be rooting for Ronda and will be rooting for Pacquiao even though I don't like his chances. Sucks that she has no exciting fights if Cyborg can't get down to 135 and can't get off whatever she is on.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Ronda lives and breaths MMA, it's almost all she does. Training is her life, so I have a hard time picturing "scrubby guys in her weight class having no problem with her".

Reactions: Puffin and ACFFAN69
Poker_Babe said:
I have a hard time picturing "scrubby guys in her weight class having no problem with her".
Probably because you don't really seem to know much about mma. Even the scrubby guys live and breathe mma. Doesn't change how different our bodies are. You go on believing Ronda has a chance against male fighters tho, this topic comes up everytime Ronda fights and is always hilarious.

Poker_Babe said:
Ronda lives and breaths MMA, it's almost all she does. Training is her life, so I have a hard time picturing "scrubby guys in her weight class having no problem with her".
PunkInDrublic said:
Floyd would dance around her the whole fight or until one of his jabs knocks her out. I could see her beating younger dudes with no training in anything but even scrubby guys in her weight class would probably have no problem with her. Speed and strength difference is just too much. Would be comparable to when mens high school teams beat professional womens teams, just isn't a fair matchup. Would still be rooting for Ronda and will be rooting for Pacquiao even though I don't like his chances. Sucks that she has no exciting fights if Cyborg can't get down to 135 and can't get off whatever she is on.

I think it changes a lot based on if you mean "scrubby guys in her weight class in the UFC" or "scrubby guys in her weight class". Even the "scrubby" fighters in the UFC are top fighters in their weight class and train their butts off. I actually think it would be a lot harder for her against a bad MMA fighter then it would against Mayweather. It's not really fair because it is two different sports.

A year or two of training submission grappling gives exponential gains. Defense is a lot easier to learn then offense. Nearly any amount of strength advantage isn't going to help against a good black belt (or someone of Ronda's caliber) on the ground if you have no experience though. It's shocking and humbling to try to go against someone good at BJJ when you have no skill. All your natural instincts work against you.

Rest a hand on the mat for one second and suddenly your arm is snapping or your blacking out in a triangle. Let alone when they bait you to put it on the mat. Have someone grab your arm for a kimura and choose between having your shoulder pop or being flipped on your back. Oh now you are on your back and you feel like this person weighing 140 pounds weighs over 250, and your helpless to do anything about it. Or be on top and next thing you know someone gets you in butterfly guard and your flying in the air and on your back in a second like it was effortless.

Mayweather does have a huge advantage in that the octagon is so large and it's easy to stay on the outside and circle away, but look how often clinches happen in boxing. One clinch and I truly believe it's over. Hell, she could even just go the Randy Couture vs James Toney route and dive in really low (far lower then boxers are used too) and just do a simple ankle pick. The fact that Toney had months to train, and he was helpless against a simple ankle pick says a lot.

I think it's more comparable to a women's professional hockey team going against a men's professional soccer team (who has no experience with skating on ice).

Edit: And don't get me wrong, Mayweather would absolutely tool any MMA fighter in boxing. It would be embarrassing for the MMA fighter.

ACFFAN69 said:
I actually think it would be a lot harder for her against a bad MMA fighter then it would against Mayweather.
Agreed. She has a way better chance against him simply because it would most likely be over if it went to the ground. Dude is way too smart of a fighter to let it happen and would probably have no problem landing anything he wanted. Don't like him but he is amazing at working his game plan, bores me the same way GSP did. Amazing athletes but zero budo, content with decisions.

PunkInDrublic said:
Poker_Babe said:
I have a hard time picturing "scrubby guys in her weight class having no problem with her".
Probably because you don't really seem to know much about mma. Even the scrubby guys live and breathe mma. Doesn't change how different our bodies are. You go on believing Ronda has a chance against male fighters tho, this topic comes up everytime Ronda fights and is always hilarious.
Yeah I do think she "stands a chance", do I think she will win??? I couldn't say, but I know this much, she'd give any guy a hell of a fight. She wouldn't be easy pickings.
But Dana White would never allow her to fight a male fighter, so I guess we'll never really know now will we?!

Poker_Babe said:
PunkInDrublic said:
Poker_Babe said:
Yeah I do think she "stands a chance", do I think she will win??? I couldn't say, but I know this much, she'd give any guy a hell of a fight. She wouldn't be easy pickings.
But Dana White would never allow her to fight a male fighter, so I guess we'll never really know now will we?!

I completely agree, but I also feel like I'm just guessing. I'm not sure how she would fair against male fighters because it's hard to tell how good her level of competition that she is smashing through is. She hasn't shown many holes in her game, but she's also beaten most of her opponents in under 1 minute! Giving up her back against Carmouche was one red flag though. Who knows what her cardio is like either against someone that can push her as well.

I think personally she'd put up a good fight and maybe even win, but she could also just look like another "Cody Mackenzie", with all his guillotine finishes racked up in his first dozen or so fights, but having serious holes in his game against UFC level fighters.

I think there is no way that Dana would ever let that fight happen though. No matter what occurs would be bad for the other division. If she wins or puts up a great fight, many chauvinistic fans would then say that the Bantamweight is a joke and not give credit to Rousey for being successful. If she loses poorly then it makes the female Bantamweight division look bad. Worst case is she gets smashed and the media takes ahold of the story and causes a shit storm.

This is not to take anything away from Ronda's successes. The fact we are even debating this shows how awesome she is.

ACFFAN69 said:
I completely agree, but I also feel like I'm just guessing. I'm not sure how she would fair against male fighters because it's hard to tell how good her level of competition that she is smashing through is. She hasn't shown many holes in her game, but she's also beaten most of her opponents in under 1 minute! Giving up her back against Carmouche was one red flag though. Who knows what her cardio is like either against someone that can push her as well.

I think personally she'd put up a good fight and maybe even win, but she could also just look like another "Cody Mackenzie", with all his guillotine finishes racked up in his first dozen or so fights, but having serious holes in his game against UFC level fighters.

I think there is no way that Dana would ever let that fight happen though. No matter what occurs would be bad for the other division. If she wins or puts up a great fight, many chauvinistic fans would then say that the Bantamweight is a joke and not give credit to Rousey for being successful. If she loses poorly then it makes the female Bantamweight division look bad. Worst case is she gets smashed and the media takes ahold of the story and causes a shit storm.

This is not to take anything away from Ronda's successes. The fact we are even debating this shows how awesome she is.
Totally agree. No matter who wins the fight, it would still be bad for the sport in the long run, for the exact reasons you mentioned. Dana's a smart guy, so I'm sure he knows this. I have a feeling no male fighter would ever want to fight her anyways. Too many repercussions... First of all, any decent man would just not feel right about hitting a girl, especially in front of millions of people. Wouldn't matter if it's a friendly competition or not. No one would win that battle of the sexes.

I'm going to start by saying that I'm a huge Ronda Rousey fan and think she's awesome, in fact her and Jon Jones are the only 2 UFC fighters I make sure I always watch, but she would absolutely get her ass handed to her by any male UFC fighter in her weight division. She would probably do OK against some average Joe club fighter and would absolutely destroy any regular guy who tried it on out in the street but against a guy who trains a comparable amount I'd say she would lose at least 95% of the time. She would always have the punchers chance or the hope he makes a catastrophic mistake she can pounce on but its a very slim chance.

I like track and field so I would liken it to the 100m sprint. The womens world record is 10.49 seconds set in the 1980s under a cloud of drug cheat suspicions of the era, evidenced by the fact that even now almost 20 years on no one is even close to that time. Anyway the best ever time by a woman would probably not even be fast enough to get out of the heats in the mens event at the olympics. She would be beaten by nobody sprinters you've never heard of who have no chance of even making the finals.

I believe a similar thing would happen to Ronda Rousey if you just stuck her in with the men.

As for her vs Mayweather its like saying who would win in a fight between a shark and a lion. Are the fighting on Land or in water? So are they having a boxing match or an MMA fight? either would probably win in their own ruleset as the other has no experience at all.

Edit: Just read this back and this sounds like some kind of men are better then women rant and i didnt mean to sound like that, just trying to say the physiological differences mean she would in all likelyhood lose.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

In other Rousey news... Ronda was awarded the Best Fighter ESPY yesterday.

Reactions: Puffin
LMMFAO your facepalm rating is hilarious :haha:
What do you think the point of my post was genius? lol
To further show off how little you know about anything regarding mma is what I'm assuming you are doing my elderly friend. Ronda gently taking down dudes that seem to have very little training in judo or wrestling or really anything sure is impressive and totally makes me think she has a chance against real fighters under mma rules.

To further show off how little you know about anything regarding mma is what I'm assuming you are doing my elderly friend. Ronda gently taking down dudes that seem to have very little training in judo or wrestling or really anything sure is impressive and totally makes me think she has a chance against real fighters under mma rules.
Elderly? Ha, I must have hit a nerve huh?! lol
Well considering that she has taken down real mma fighters, I can only assume you think women aren't real mma fighters?

• Wat?!
Reactions: PunkInDrublic
So tragic when the elderly start to become senile.
I can only assume you think women aren't real mma fighters?
Never said or implied this. Simply stated that throwing around some cans during a Judo style competition isn't impressive. I love female fighters and they are without question real fighters, hard working and the best bodies in the world in my opinion.

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Before MMA took off, I was a big boxing fan. Would occasionally see women's bouts, and I can't recall one that did anything other than leave me flat. Not so with MMA. These women can definitely scrap, and I have seen more than one women's fight that had me on my feet. Love to watch Ronda. Big fan.

But no way does she hang with the men. No way. Not in serious competition at the higher levels. She would get hurt, and probably hurt badly. You would not want a ref with a reputation for slow stoppages looking out for her.

Ronda said it herself when referring to the Fallon Fox business: there is an unfair advantage there. Now watching Frankie Edgar maul BJ Penn was awful (I sat there teary eyed during the PFPC); I could not watch Ronda go through even a minute of something like that (though I think with a male v. female fight, only Steve Mazzagatti would be inept enough to let that happen).

Before puberty kicks in, it is different imo; the females can not only hang, but they can dominate. I attended a NAGA tournament (grappling, no striking) in February of 2010, and I watched a young girl of about 12 or 13 give lessons to a bunch of boys. She was amazing to watch. And she was no one-trick pony either; triangles, armbars, you name it. Completely wowed me. But I doubt seriously she will be able to pull off the same thing in 2017.

But let's say Ronda did fight a man...what fighter would want look back at his highlight reels and see himself dropping elbows on her?

Well I just did a simple google search for "men vs women martial arts" and was able to find plenty of examples of women beating men in mma competitions so...

Also, one of the (male) teachers at my tkd school happens to know Ronda personally, and he thinks that she stands a pretty good chance against some of the male ufc fighters. And he's a Master so he knows what he's talking about.

To quote the movie Dragon: The Bruce Lee Story "It isn't size or strength that matters. It's focus. you all have a chi, an inner spirit. Focus and then there's nothing you cannot bend to your will."

Oh and for the record I'm only 32, that's hardly elderly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.