AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Room Helpers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2018
I have seen this before in a few rooms, what is the purpose of a room helper for a model ? sounds like a easy answer but what thigs does he do for a model ?

I have seen this before in a few rooms, what is the purpose of a room helper for a model ? sounds like a easy answer but what thigs does he do for a model ?
Set topics, update countdowns, kick or ban fools who don't know how to behave are the basic stuff that a room helper does.

I room help, but I also do other things as well that are not strictly room helping, like create and update white boards, create graphics, make CharlesBot commands and ads, edit videos and upload them to MFC Share.

The purpose of a good room helper is to make the time spent online easier for a model. Also I am a firm believer that we should not demand or receive anything in return except a thank you for the basic room helping stuff because it is so easy that anyone can do it. The people who does demand something for room helping are a bunch of parasites and should be ignored.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and badassboy
Set topics, update countdowns, kick or ban fools who don't know how to behave are the basic stuff that a room helper does.

I room help, but I also do other things as well that are not strictly room helping, like create and update white boards, create graphics, make CharlesBot commands and ads, edit videos and upload them to MFC Share.

The purpose of a good room helper is to make the time spent online easier for a model. Also I am a firm believer that we should not demand or receive anything in return except a thank you for the basic room helping stuff because it is so easy that anyone can do it. The people who does demand something for room helping are a bunch of parasites and should be ignored.
Lmao @ Ban Fools . Not sure why models do not use helpers more often , Be so much easier for them to do there thing then handle silly ass questions from dudes looking for negative attention. thank ya DJ

Lmao @ Ban Fools . Not sure why models do not use helpers more often , Be so much easier for them to do there thing then handle silly ass questions from dudes looking for negative attention. thank ya DJ
Because a lot of the people who wants to be helpers are not people who should be helpers so it ends up being a situation where the helper causes more work instead of less for the model.

Because a lot of the people who wants to be helpers are not people who should be helpers so it ends up being a situation where the helper causes more work instead of less for the model.
Ya that makes total sense , Iam sure in some cases the Title goes to his head, and alot more to it then handing out YOUR BANNED and YOUR BANNED Tickets . But i get your point , thanks again brother

I get having someone to help with some of these things, but I also feel that models should be more hands on with their own brand instead of having a room helper do some of this stuff.

I've gotten the sense that some models get a bit lazy with these things because their room helper will do them, and then they're complaining about camscore dropping.

I prefer to be fully in control of my business and how its run, so i have never and likely will never have room helpers. Those are my jobs, I prefer my member frands just continue being my member frands.

I prefer to be fully in control of my business and how its run, so i have never and likely will never have room helpers. Those are my jobs, I prefer my member frands just continue being my member frands.
I hear yaaaa , I dont see alot of helpers but was just curious

I usually only am roomhelper during cumshows, when the model has no free hand to ban idiots. She asked me originally.
It's a job you should probably never give to anyone who asks for it.

Reactions: Emberblaze
I usually only am roomhelper during cumshows, when the model has no free hand to ban idiots. She asked me originally.
It's a job you should probably never give to anyone who asks for it.
Yup opens up the door for a CONTROL FREAK

I have room helpers on Chaturbate (they're called mods there). On Chaturbate they have the ability to silence users and then more abilities depending on what bot the model is using. With certain bots they can put out your tip menu, let users know how much certain things cost without the model having to slow down the show to answer, warn people for bad behavior, throw up notices for the whole chat to see for special offers, etc. Really helpful. I love my mods, they are extremely entertaining and help me tremendously, and my room likes them too cause they're crazy funny. And when I go pvt they also entertain the people in my chat. I am so thankful for the entire concept of mods, I don't think I could even cam without them.

Reactions: badassboy

My opinion isn't worth much, but I think this is the best approach from a personal development perspective.

Putting other people in charge of your brand/content is a bit negligent if they don't have experience. Kudos to you for taking charge of your brand.

My opinion isn't worth much, but I think this is the best approach from a personal development perspective.

Putting other people in charge of your brand/content is a bit negligent if they don't have experience. Kudos to you for taking charge of your brand.

A roomhelper can only do three things: ban/kick users, change the topic and start/modify countdowns.
I would hardly call that being in charge of your brand/content.

(Strictly speaking about MFC here, I know nothing about other sites)

They are not 'in charge' of my brand/content. Also a CB model who values a worthy mod here. I don't trust many, but my main mod is so awesome that when he's not around, my regs ask about him. I can certainly manage when my room is slow, but when things really pick up, it's nice to have someone silence disrespectful members or to answer menu questions while my hands are busy.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
I love that streamate doesn't have the options for room helpers and mods. I hope they never do. If someone is being unruly in a group show, I either ignore them or block them if it gets too much. Very rarely I have to stop the show because of a member.

When I used to work sites with mod options, I would give people who would ask and tipped me, but they would kick out trolls. I LOVE TROLLS. I love the fun banter you can have with them because I'm a troll myself. They were killing my fun and my hustle.

A roomhelper can only do three things: ban/kick users, change the topic and start/modify countdowns.
I would hardly call that being in charge of your brand/content.

(Strictly speaking about MFC here, I know nothing about other sites)
While not “in charge” per se I HIGHLY disagree with the idea that room helpers can’t impact your brand.
How many threads and posts have been made here complaining about mods and room helpers ruining the vibe of a models room? A ton.
I can see the benefit of a loooong time regular member having access to ban trolls during a cumshow, but I do genuinely believe that it takes something away from the model if she doesn’t do those things all herself majority of the time. A room with heavy mod/helper influence weakens the models status in her own room IMO.

Gotta be like Cesar Milan and shit.
These are just my opinions, obviously and not meant to talk down to models who like using mods and helpers. I just prefer to see models in full boss bitch mode.

While not “in charge” per se I HIGHLY disagree with the idea that room helpers can’t impact your brand.
How many threads and posts have been made here complaining about mods and room helpers ruining the vibe of a models room? A ton.
I can see the benefit of a loooong time regular member having access to ban trolls during a cumshow, but I do genuinely believe that it takes something away from the model if she doesn’t do those things all herself majority of the time. A room with heavy mod/helper influence weakens the models status in her own room IMO.

These are just my opinions, obviously and not meant to talk down to models who like using mods and helpers. I just prefer to see models in full boss bitch mode.
You are right, I definitely have had impact on the brand. I like to think it is a positive impact but I could be deluding myself and have mucked something up without knowing it.

You are right, I definitely have had impact on the brand. I like to think it is a positive impact but I could be deluding myself and have mucked something up without knowing it.
An impact isn’t always negative and not every experience is going to be negative, I just personally prefer the majority of that responsibility to fall on me. It is MY job after all and I prefer to win my own victories and learn from my own mistakes.

I know my opinions are not everyone, but I thought I would share the views of someone who is anti mod/helper and why.

So much yes. I have noticed the more in control you are of your room, the less modding you have to do. People who regularly visit will know what is to be expected and how you prefer them not to behave if they don't want to be banned. Sometimes you might have discipline, but if they are good members they won't do it again.

It's a reason for me to never visit that room again.

For better or worse, I allow greys to talk in my room. It's helpful when things are slow so I am not twiddling my thumbs and staring into space. BUT with that comes the opportunity for a newbie to come walking in and say something stupid like 'open your pussy' <eye roll>. If I am busy and being tipped and into the moment of maybe cumming, then no I don't want to stop what I am doing to kick or silence. Or bots that try to direct traffic to other rooms.
So, full boss bitch here that appreciates a worthy helper here and there.
That said, my mod (who is only around maybe half the time anyway) does not have a big impact on the vibe of my room at all. A mod should not control the vibe of any girls room. It's our room, not theirs. A good mod should know that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.