AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Rumors of secret info models can see about members

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2011
As you probably know, a lot of guys on MFC are full of BS. Sometimes they say things about what the models can discover about members, but I'm not sure I believe it all. These are some rumors that I've heard. I'm pretty sure they're all false, but who knows?

Models know which other models you visit. A guy said that when a model logs in, she can go to her friends list and lookup which other models each of her friends has visited while she was logged off.

Models have two friends list. Models have a friends list which shows up in their profile and another friends list that only she can see.

Models can see a member's profile even if it is not active. A member can set his profile to active or not. Supposedly a model can always see a member's profile regardless of the setting.

Models can see a member's ip network address. When a model bans a member, the confirmation dialog has the member's IP network address.

If your webcam is turned on, models can see it regardless if it's enabled. A guy in the lounge was saying how a model was telling him exactly what he was wearing/doing even though his cam wasn't enabled.

Like I said, I'm pretty sure these are all false, but I don't know for sure. Guys can say anything and it's not like I can prove it's false. But are any of these rumors actually true?

1.) Bullshit.

2.) Everyone has two friends lists. One on your profile & one for PM.

3.) Bullshit

4.) Half bullshit. Used to be 100% true.

5.) Total fucking bullshit.

So how about:
Models can see your points and tokens, including tokens in storage, even if you hide them. I heard this in the lounge when I first joined.

Models can enter private sessions with members without having to charge tokens, but only if you enable "True Privates". Ditto.

When a model watches your cam, you receive tokens from her at the rate of 10/minute. Still waiting for a chance to try this.

When a model calls you "hrubb", she would like to initiate a caring, long-term relationship with you. I heard that "hrubb" is a sacred word in Romania and that this form of address is not used lightly.

When a model says that she wouldn't want to do a private session with you if her life and those of her extended family depended on it, talking about your sexual fantasies about her in the lounge in great detail will change her mind. Okay, I'm a little scared of public speaking, so I'm not sure I even want to believe this one, lol.

In parts of Eastern Europe, Interpol performs weddings and when a model tells you that she will contact them, it means that she is ready to settle down. I don't know if there are any Eastern European models who could confirm this. :)

Reactions: LunaLamb
Frankie said:
Do I really have two lists? I've only add people to the 'Friends' list. I'm not sure about a PM list.

4.) [ip address] Half bullshit. Used to be 100% true.
Is that how it worked? The ip address was in the ban dialog but now it's not?

NickT said:
Frankie said:
Do I really have two lists? I've only add people to the 'Friends' list. I'm not sure about a PM list.

4.) [ip address] Half bullshit. Used to be 100% true.
Is that how it worked? The ip address was in the ban dialog but now it's not?

Yes & yes. Basically 90% of what you hear via an MFC member or even some models is: if it sounds like bullshit, it probably is.

Yes, you can remove people from your PM list but keep them on your profile friends list....

As for IP addy...ANYONE who gives a damn can find your IP. I'm pretty sure that most of us models really don't have time to give that much of a fuck about where you are when we can just ban you if your a troll :ugeek:

Just remember that you shouldn't believe everything you read, take everything with a grain of salt, and as long as there are humans, there will be bullshit.

As for Romanian or European slang or "key words"...I guess you would have to find a Romanian cam girl who will ACTUALLY talk to answer ya.

Members getting tokens for models watching cam...Very much BS, sorry lol

Sevrin said:
So how about:
Models can see your points and tokens, including tokens in storage, even if you hide them. I heard this in the lounge when I first joined.

Models can enter private sessions with members without having to charge tokens, but only if you enable "True Privates". Ditto.

When a model watches your cam, you receive tokens from her at the rate of 10/minute. Still waiting for a chance to try this.

When a model calls you "hrubb", she would like to initiate a caring, long-term relationship with you. I heard that "hrubb" is a sacred word in Romania and that this form of address is not used lightly.

When a model says that she wouldn't want to do a private session with you if her life and those of her extended family depended on it, talking about your sexual fantasies about her in the lounge in great detail will change her mind. Okay, I'm a little scared of public speaking, so I'm not sure I even want to believe this one, lol.

In parts of Eastern Europe, Interpol performs weddings and when a model tells you that she will contact them, it means that she is ready to settle down. I don't know if there are any Eastern European models who could confirm this. :)

Sevrin, if you believe any of that, then I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

NickT said:
Frankie said:

Yes, let's demonstrate.

Your profile friends list is like so (from my own profile. And I promise to add a couple of models I've been meaning to add after I get done here)

oLBpx.jpg

Then there's the friends list you can see when you're logged in. Here's an image of mine.

vsKuP.jpg

It's how you can see if your favorite models or members you get along with are online. If you have private messages set to friends only, those will be the only people who can PM you.

You can add people to this list using the menu for each member and model.

Models know which other models you visit. A guy said that when a model logs in, she can go to her friends list and lookup which other models each of her friends has visited while she was logged off.
There's a little bit of truth to that. On a member's profile, there is an option to "show location on site" at the top. I have it turned on on Cutienoodle, and a person can click my profile and see what model's room I'm in, or if I'm in lounge. But there is no tracked list or history.
Models have two friends list. Models have a friends list which shows up in their profile and another friends list that only she can see.
Mikey wrapped that up perfectly. See above.
Models can see a member's profile even if it is not active. A member can set his profile to active or not. Supposedly a model can always see a member's profile regardless of the setting.
When we click on your name in the chat room, a little list of your token count/reward points and links to ban you/message you show up, and if you have a profile with an avatar, your avatar shows up. I believe your avatar shows up EVEN IF YOUR PROFILE IS HIDDEN. That's the only ounce of truth I can put to that.
Models can see a member's ip network address. When a model bans a member, the confirmation dialog has the member's IP network address.
Seems that was true before my time. (Thanks Frankie!) But not now.
If your webcam is turned on, models can see it regardless if it's enabled. A guy in the lounge was saying how a model was telling him exactly what he was wearing/doing even though his cam wasn't enabled.
Here is an interesting tidbit: If you're chatting in a PM with a member (as a member) and you turn on your cam without any limitations, your cam will automatically pop up in your friend's PM window. Sound and all. BUT as for this quote, not true. You have to enable it for us to see.
Totally false, but I think one of the most easily believable rumors.
Can you imagine how different begging would be if this is true? "I tipped you 10 tokens bb, take me to free trueprivate." /facepalm.

Another supposed rumor which has been asked of me several times is this : "A model has the ability to tell whether or not you are a Platinum Premium Member" - False as far as I know, I am a Platinum Premium Member under my Premium Account and no other model can see this type of information as far as how many tokens I can transfer a day, buy and store in the token vault. I am however unaware how someone transitions to a Plat. Prem. because I have a friend who just PM'd me yesterday asking how it was they were suddenly one when they only have 578 reward points and I am already in Lounge1000 they haven't bought any tokens since October, so this one I dont know, maybe the type of credit card they used like American Express : :think:

A model can tell if you're -supposed- to be a platinum premium member if your points are showing.

If you have 1k points, you're supposed to be one - MFC just bugs all the fucking time and doesn't always give you the extra privileges you paid for so now you get to contact support a million times if you want them :)

I cannot resist a question...

Models know which other models you visit. Hm, only true if they're REALLY trying to stalk you. That's just plain creepy. Wouldn't it be cool if members could make themselves invisible to certain models?

Models have two friends list.

As has been stated, everyone has them. What hasn't been stated is: It's really easy to add people to your personal friends list. But to add a member to the profile friends list, you have to go to their profile and click on the "admire" button. Really, that's the ONLY way to get them on your profile friends list. If the person doesn't have a profile, I can't put them on my profile friend's list. Yes, someone complained about not being on there, and I had to explain the difference to them.

Models can see a member's profile even if it is not active.

Nope, just your avatar.

Models can see a member's ip network address

Models can't, but admin can. Of course, since when did THEY have time for that?

If your webcam is turned on, models can see it regardless if it's enabled.

This probably stems from the guys who don't know how to enable/disable/friends-only their webcams. So many think they did but really didn't, it's astounding.

Models can see your points and tokens, including tokens in storage, even if you hide them.

We can see your points and tokens unless you disable that. Default is enabled. We CANNOT

Models can enter private sessions with members without having to charge tokens, but only if you enable "True Privates".

False. True Private is the model and the member only. No other models. No other members. True Private costs the member 80 toks/min.

When a model watches your cam, you receive tokens from her at the rate of 10/minute.

Was that really something they tried to make you believe? What a load of BS.

I had to leave that part on, because it made me laugh so much.

When a model says that she wouldn't want to do a private session with you if her life and those of her extended family depended on it, talking about your sexual fantasies about her in the lounge in great detail will change her mind.

How does the person who spread this rumor propose the model finds out what is said in the lounge about it?

OH! I get it! Do this, and the lounge members will flame the model till she accepts the pvt! (more likely, she'll just ban and ignore all the flamers)

In parts of Eastern Europe, Interpol performs weddings and when a model tells you that she will contact them, it means that she is ready to settle down.

This sounds like something the people tell newbs to get them in serious trouble if they're gullible enough to try it.

Okay, just to be clear, I made up all that shit I posted as I was typing it. :liar:

Sevrin said:
Okay, just to be clear, I made up all that shit I posted as I was typing it. :liar:

So YOU'RE the one spreading all those rumors! Shame on you. :naughty:

LadyLuna said:
Models have two friends list.

As has been stated, everyone has them. What hasn't been stated is: It's really easy to add people to your personal friends list. But to add a member to the profile friends list, you have to go to their profile and click on the "admire" button. Really, that's the ONLY way to get them on your profile friends list. If the person doesn't have a profile, I can't put them on my profile friend's list. Yes, someone complained about not being on there, and I had to explain the difference to them.
I think you mean the "make friend" button. :D

Okay nobody else cares but Mikey's screen shot of "friends" listed me!!! And well...

I'm so excited
and I just can't hide
Im about to lose control and I think I like it.

... No I havent started drinking yet. A few more hours.

KeiiSweet said:
Okay nobody else cares but Mikey's screen shot of "friends" listed me!!! And well...

I'm so excited
and I just can't hide

**huggles** that was adorable. :)

BodyOfATeen said:
Another supposed rumor which has been asked of me several times is this : "A model has the ability to tell whether or not you are a Platinum Premium Member" - False as far as I know, I am a Platinum Premium Member under my Premium Account and no other model can see this type of information as far as how many tokens I can transfer a day, buy and store in the token vault. I am however unaware how someone transitions to a Plat. Prem. because I have a friend who just PM'd me yesterday asking how it was they were suddenly one when they only have 578 reward points and I am already in Lounge1000 they haven't bought any tokens since October, so this one I dont know, maybe the type of credit card they used like American Express : :think:

This -could- have a little bit of truth to it,with some research, but I'm not sure of the point values VS. what type of member u are...(i don't know how many points it takes to become Platinum etc...)
When I signed up for my Prem account, I wanted to change my Fonts & colors etc...
Well, being a 20pt member I could ONLY change the Color of my font. You must accumulate certain amounts of points to be able to change the Chat Font & Style or to get unlimited color choices or something...

Under personal Options it states this:

When you accumulate 250 Reward Points, unlimited chat color options will be available.
When you accumulate 500 Reward Points, you will be able to change your chat font and style.

So... if a model is aware of this, and a member has their tokens & points hidden, the model could still have an idea of what kind of member you are *IF* you/member changes your chat font & style etc...
Kind of a hit & miss by this info, but still an ability to know that a member must have over 500pts if their chat font & style is different....

AmberCutie said:
KeiiSweet said:

I'm so excited
and I just can't hide

**huggles** that was adorable. :)

He friended himself too? :lol:

Bocefish said:
I do that too so I can send test PM when I'm trying new emotes and such without bothering anyone.

I see no issue with friending yourself. Says the guy who has tweeted @ himself many times

AlexLady said:
A model can tell if you're -supposed- to be a platinum premium member if your points are showing.

If you have 1k points, you're supposed to be one - MFC just bugs all the fucking time and doesn't always give you the extra privileges you paid for so now you get to contact support a million times if you want them :)

I have 2 premium user names and 1 basic user name. I buy most tokens with my main user name. My second one and my basic name are all shown as Platinum Premium members.

AmberCutie said:
Bocefish said:
I do that too so I can send test PM when I'm trying new emotes and such without bothering anyone.

Exactly why I have myself friended.

KeiiSweet said:

I'm so excited
and I just can't hide

How the fuck did that happen? I'll have to fix this...

ah, fuck it. I have more important things to worry about.

I'm facebook friends with your mom, so watch your tone in my room eh

:)

AmberCutie said:
There's a little bit of truth to that. On a member's profile, there is an option to "show location on site" at the top. I have it turned on on Cutienoodle, and a person can click my profile and see what model's room I'm in, or if I'm in lounge. But there is no tracked list or history.

How can you do this? I still cant figure it out. I know where the setting is, but it doesnt show up on my profile or anyone elses.

HaileyJade said:
AmberCutie said:

How can you do this? I still cant figure it out. I know where the setting is, but it doesnt show up on my profile or anyone elses.
I'm going to have to investigate now, actually. Mine is showing up blank even though I think I had it turned on...

Edit: Found where the setting is, not sure why it's blank.

Attachments

• premiumprofile.jpg
    premiumprofile.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 710
  • whereonsite.jpg
    whereonsite.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 706
Yeah, I experimented with that "Where on Site" setting and could never even make the line show up on my profile, let alone show where I was. Perhaps it has been disabled? If there are people you want to be able to find you, it would probably make sense just to let them PM you.

Status
Not open for further replies.