AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

?'s: Sites/Room Bots/MFC/CB/Advice

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2017
East Coast
Twitter Username
@AriaRoseOrtiz
Tumblr Username
princessariarose
MFC Username
AriaRos3
Chaturbate Username
PrincessAriaRose
Forgive me there are a lot of questions. I did do a search but I didn't find these specific answers. They might be in the models only forum so hopefully they will be open again soon. Either way, any info you guys might be able to contribute would be helpful. Sorry if this is long.

Advice
First I have some basic advice questions that I'd like an answer to hopefully before the first time I broadcast on MFC so I don't waste my "new model" status.

Opinion on this as a basic tip menu: I'm willing to adjust prices by 5-50 tkn either way if it would help, so please be honest. This is based on what makes me comfortable in the public room.
2's for love | Toy Show off 10 | Pose/Show Off 20 | 3 Spanks 30 | Flash Tits/Ass 20 | Pussy Flash 70 | Open Cam(5 mins) 150 | Oil Up 200 | Spread Em 300 | Mini BJ Show(4 min/toy) 400 | Dildo/Butt Plug 500 | Finger Pussy 600 | Finger Ass 800 | InstaCum 3000

Do you guys always have a plan that you stick to or do you rotate? Is it random or based on your preference? Do you have a few different formats and stuff planned out and you alternate them? This would seem like the most fun and easiest way to go in my opinion, but extra ears are always important. With that I have a wish for critique on what I have put together for MFC as it is.

I was thinking a game/discussion topic/timed public show would be a good way to go at first. We have a discussion topic, for some reason I think a hot one would be men's rights in family court. While that's going on we play a game. I really liked sticky note wall prizes with a good mix of prizes. I was also a fan of the doodle games and the progressive nudity games, they seemed like they might be easier to add in later, or rotate with for me. All the tips for the game and from my menu count towards the goal and the show starts at the goal. I'm okay doing public shows personally. In addition, I'd have a timer going for hour intervals before I got off to try and reset if you will, everyone needs a break when things aren't going well. I also thought about doing a series of small goals with a tip menu to the large goal cum show. Like this, I want 2k for a pub cumshow, break that down into 20 goals of 20 tokens and 24 goals of 50 tokens, and 4 goals of 100 tokens, with the show more or less progressing at intervals of goals would seem like a good way to do it as well, but it seems like it would be hard to advertise, which I think is a good place to lead to next.

Automation
I have anxiety and OCD and having things fully planned help me cope, so having things automated takes a huge weight off my shoulder. When I did a search I saw MFC had a room bot maybe? Can someone just explain further what it entails or direct me somewhere that might have more info about it? What features does it offer? Could I automate certain things to flash in my room from time to time, to explain things or remind them what we are doing and how far along we are in the show or countdown or something?

Also on the topic of automation, I know that social media helps us as models but I really don't use it aside from, at one time, Tumblr. I just remember that the Queue on Tumblr was the most helpful function for growing my followers. Is there an app or something like that for Twitter? It'd be awesome to be able to queue up tweets for the day. And since we are crossing into the topic of social media...

Social Media
What Social Media do you guys use for camming? Which ones actually help and are relevent? My thoughts were that Tumblr, Twitter, and Snapchat were all necessary so I made all of them. Are there any others I should use? I thought about Instagram, but then decided because they have a no nipple policy it would be a bad idea, but maybe I'm wrong.

How much time do you devote to things like social media when "offline"? Do you measure it out? How often are you interacting with members out of your room?

Do you have a vault of pictures that you are hoarding for things like social media? Do you do it all on the spot? Do you take separate pictures for you cam sites and for your personal social media sites? I don't have a good transition phrase here...

Other Quick(or not) Questions

How many sites do you use? I'm signed up for a lot but I'm only planning on using CB and MFC. I won't be using CB until I buy myself a lush though. Is that a good plan? If you guys do use more than one site, do you ever split? Which sites do you split? Do you earn more that way?

Do you use Skype? If so, how? I was thinking of charging tokens, only offline, for shows planned in advance type thing, so I'm not online and have something to do during the days(potentially) and it could improve my cam scoreinaddition to using it as a consolation prize to people who tip 400tkn or more towards a goal that isn't gonna reach.

Would a basic personal homepage benefit traffic/targetting/etc? Maybe not in room, but overall? I'm thinking like a "me" homepage/portal with direct links to all my stuff and in depth abouts/turn ons/turn offs/etc. The benefit for members would be if they really want to know more, they can, and every click and post on the site would add to overall marketing/traffic because it helps recognition with my name amongst all the things. I don't know, someone who knows more about SEO could give me some advice maybe? It would be easy enough to put together, I just really don't know if it would help, and if it won't, it might not be worth it... Promotion is promotion though right?

And as far as promotion, how do you guys come up with promo material? Or video ideas? Or picture set ideas? Where do you find inspiration?

Lastly, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know your pique hours and your timezone for personal schedule making purposes. I don't know what a good time might be to get online. It would make sense to me between 6pm-10 but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for all the help in advance guys! I super appreciate it! Sorry if this was long!

Reactions: swagger
I am not a model.

While I can't answer many of these questions to any satisfaction, I'd like to compliment you on coming in with a desire to learn and a list of questions. One thing I noticed, on your MFC profile you mentioned performing with your boyfriend, as far as I know, MFC prohibits any males on cam.

Best of luck!

Reactions: AmberCutie
I am not a model.

While I can't answer many of these questions to any satisfaction, I'd like to compliment you on coming in with a desire to learn and a list of questions. One thing I noticed, on your MFC profile you mentioned performing with your boyfriend, as far as I know, MFC prohibits any males on cam.

Best of luck!
Yeah sorry, WE are on CB, I am on MFC.

Reactions: swagger
I can start you off a bit and hopefully someone else can chime in with other answers...
Automation
I have anxiety and OCD and having things fully planned help me cope, so having things automated takes a huge weight off my shoulder. When I did a search I saw MFC had a room bot maybe? Can someone just explain further what it entails or direct me somewhere that might have more info about it? What features does it offer? Could I automate certain things to flash in my room from time to time, to explain things or remind them what we are doing and how far along we are in the show or countdown or something?
Use the search function at the top right of the page for "charlesbot", that's the integrated bot that MFC offers.

You'll want to use the automatic countdown variable in your MFC topic (@remain is the easiest) to keep track of public show countdowns, then just hit "save" again on the topic to refresh it and post again to your room.

Social Media
What Social Media do you guys use for camming? Which ones actually help and are relevent? My thoughts were that Tumblr, Twitter, and Snapchat were all necessary so I made all of them. Are there any others I should use? I thought about Instagram, but then decided because they have a no nipple policy it would be a bad idea, but maybe I'm wrong.
I think aside from Twitter and Snap, a lot of models do use Instagram as it has a good reach. Keeping it teasy but PG13 shouldn't be too hard. I finally gave in and got one recently since it's such a huge thing. I just end up using the same pics I post elsewhere, maybe just a cropped version or only the softcore ones. It's worth a shot.

Use the search function at the top right of the page for "charlesbot", that's the integrated bot that MFC offers.

You'll want to use the automatic countdown variable in your MFC topic (@remain is the easiest) to keep track of public show countdowns, then just hit "save" again on the topic to refresh it and post again to your room.
When I originally did a search for automation I found a lot about people who didn't like it(in relation to twitter and such) and old threads for charlesbot, but I wasn't sure if the information was relevant because I also read that MFC basically released it on their own in an update. Would that mean any info about the charlesbot would directly correlate to the MFC bot? Sorry, just asking because I did try to use the search feature and the info was just a bit confusing.

I think aside from Twitter and Snap, a lot of models do use Instagram as it has a good reach. Keeping it teasy but PG13 shouldn't be too hard. I finally gave in and got one recently since it's such a huge thing. I just end up using the same pics I post elsewhere, maybe just a cropped version or only the softcore ones. It's worth a shot.

Good to keep in mind. This would also tell me that yes, girls do keep a stock pile of photos to use. Sorry, but I don't take selfies or pictures often as it is so I'm not sure if what I do is normal. For example my picture is from last year but it's really the last picture I took of myself with my face. So taking a bunch of pictures in a short time span and marketing them out at different times is normal.

When I originally did a search for automation I found a lot about people who didn't like it(in relation to twitter and such) and old threads for charlesbot, but I wasn't sure if the information was relevant because I also read that MFC basically released it on their own in an update. Would that mean any info about the charlesbot would directly correlate to the MFC bot? Sorry, just asking because I did try to use the search feature and the info was just a bit confusing.
MFC made it free for all of us to use, and it has pretty simple basic functionality, so it's worth a shot. Here's the link to the official charlesbot page with a list of commands you can use - https://charlesbot.com/commands/
Sorry, but I don't take selfies or pictures often as it is so I'm not sure if what I do is normal. For example my picture is from last year but it's really the last picture I took of myself with my face. So taking a bunch of pictures in a short time span and marketing them out at different times is normal.
Selfies are a staple of most cam girls. If you've got a front facing cam, get to it girl! :) I made a post about some remotes you can grab, too - https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/iphone-android-camera-shutter-remotes.25699/

Reactions: baileyhawke
Other Quick(or not) Questions

How many sites do you use? I'm signed up for a lot but I'm only planning on using CB and MFC. I won't be using CB until I buy myself a lush though. Is that a good plan? If you guys do use more than one site, do you ever split? Which sites do you split? Do you earn more that way?

Do you use Skype? If so, how? I was thinking of charging tokens, only offline, for shows planned in advance type thing, so I'm not online and have something to do during the days(potentially) and it could improve my cam scoreinaddition to using it as a consolation prize to people who tip 400tkn or more towards a goal that isn't gonna reach.

Would a basic personal homepage benefit traffic/targetting/etc? Maybe not in room, but overall? I'm thinking like a "me" homepage/portal with direct links to all my stuff and in depth abouts/turn ons/turn offs/etc. The benefit for members would be if they really want to know more, they can, and every click and post on the site would add to overall marketing/traffic because it helps recognition with my name amongst all the things. I don't know, someone who knows more about SEO could give me some advice maybe? It would be easy enough to put together, I just really don't know if it would help, and if it won't, it might not be worth it... Promotion is promotion though right?

And as far as promotion, how do you guys come up with promo material? Or video ideas? Or picture set ideas? Where do you find inspiration?

Lastly, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to know your pique hours and your timezone for personal schedule making purposes. I don't know what a good time might be to get online. It would make sense to me between 6pm-10 but maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for all the help in advance guys! I super appreciate it! Sorry if this was long!

Split-camming can work if your primary focus is private shows, but it's a lot tougher to so for public shows which can make your shows less profitable. I'm on CB and Cammodel Directory (for Skype shows; they have a higher payout %). I used to be on SM, but I found camming for separate shifts on two major sites (CB and SM) to be utterly exhausting. Some people earn more on CB, some earn more on MFC. It's hard to tell until you try. You don't need a Lush to be successful on CB.

Everyone's experiences are different, so this is what's worked for me:

I wouldn't give people free Skype shows for tipping over a certain amount in public. Part of the excitement of tipping is the risk that you might not get a full show, and people like gambling. Giving away too much for too little/free makes viewers less likely to send big tips. If you are going to do Skype shows through MFC, doing scheduled shows with offline tips makes sense. The only time I've ever interrupted a public show for a Skype show was when the guy sent me $ for 3 hours worth of private time.

I use Squarespace for my site, but I've heard that they shut down sex worker sites, so be careful. People contact me through the site's contact page about scheduling privates and customs. I'd wait to make one until you've had more time to develop your brand, though. It's a time consuming process. You can buy your domain name in advance, though, which I would encourage you to do early on (they're pretty cheap). I don't know how much it's impacted my traffic, but it's been useful for me to just link people to my site instead of typing out the laundry list of services I offer.

My site: www.emiliasong.com

I find inspiration for promo content, pics and videos from other models. I used to suck at selfies, so I saved a bunch of Twitter pics that I like from other models and use those for ideas. I do promo photoshoots once or twice per year. I do none-nudes/hidden nudes and use the pics for my different profiles. I get ideas for videos by looking at what other models have done on clip sites like ManyVids.

There's no one-size-fits-all time that's most profitable for everyone. Maintaining a consistent time slot is more important. I do well

Reactions: AriaRose
Status
Not open for further replies.