AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammed by model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2021
Hello everyone,
So tonight I found a model on chaturbate who I thought was extremely goodlooking. I tipped her a few single tokens to grab her attention and eventually the conversation moved into PM.
I eventually asked her if she'd be interested in a pvt show and she said that I would need to tip 300 in the pvt show for there to be nudity in the show.
I agreed upon this and even specifically asked "so if we go pvt and i tip 300, you'll undress?"
Yes, she answered. So I purchased 400 tokens (pvt was 6tk/min and no recording) and requested a pvt show. She accepted, I tipped the 300 tokens and thought the action was going to start.
"Just a second" she says while shuffling through her background music. Suddenly, boom, kicked from the room. I try to reload the page only to find out she's banned me.

I was quite shocked to be honest because I've never had this happen before and I've done quite a few pvts with models.
But yea, she basically agreed upon a service after me paying for it, took my money and banned me.

I guess some of you might say it's only 300 tokens and other people have lost a ton more. But it's not a competition to me. 300 tokens is still 300 tokens for getting absolutely nothing. I could've flushed my €40,- down the toilet and gotten more value.
I contacted chaturbate, but obviously as this just happened I don't expect a quick response.

I'm wondering what can I do? I'm guessing my money is gone and it won't be reimbursed to me. I have no idea how long it will take Chaturbate to reply to me. To be honest I am expecting to never reply at all.
Basically this woman will probably get away with this and I have a feeling Chaturbate won't even bother to help. Not sure if that'll be the case though.

I feel disgusted to be honest. It was €40,- of my hard earned money and I just feel terrible now. If I had gotten the show that was agreed upon I would've felt like it was money well spent. But now.. it's just gone. I could've spent it on way better things.
What's going to happen in these kind of situations? As in, what would be a likely outcome?

Not posting the model's name just yet because I'm not sure that's allowed here.

Thanks in advance!

Chaturbate support has the ability to review all of your DMs and has recordings of each show. If it happened exactly as you say it did, they will be able to verify that.

That does not guarantee a refund, but at least you know they have a way to verify your story. From there, it’s at CB’s discretion whether they think this was a wrong they need to right. Keep in mind that a model can ban you for any reason or no reason… but, if it happened immediately after you paid for something she (in writing) agreed to, you might have a case.

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
If I had gotten the show that was agreed upon I would've felt like it was money well spent. But now.. it's just gone. I could've spent it on way better things.
This is probably best left to CB support to resolve, as they can look into the chat logs and see the agreement to tip the 300 in advance.
As long as what you discussed and agreed on as the content of the private show didn't breach any of the site TOS or model's own rules.
Don't expect a fast response from support though......

Upvote 0
Private show lasted a whopping 2-3 minutes. 2-3 minutes of her just playing around with the music, telling me to hold on.
Eventually stalling time by saying she wanted to know more about me first, so asked me my name and country where I'm from. After answering that she told me her name and her country. I complimented her for having a nice name.
Then it was "just a minute", stared at something else in her room and poof, I got banned.

Upvote 0
I guess some of you might say it's only 300 tokens and other people have lost a ton more. But it's not a competition to me. 300 tokens is still 300 tokens for getting absolutely nothing. I could've flushed my €40,- down the toilet and gotten more value.
i'm sorry that you had to have such experiences with a model. if you contact cb support and describe your case, you will definitely get your token back.

I just wonder how they token at 300 to come to 40 euros?

Upvote 0
i'm sorry that you had to have such experiences with a model. if you contact cb support and describe your case, you will definitely get your token back.

I just wonder how they token at 300 to come to 40 euros?

Remember he had to buy 400, 300 for the nudity + the last 100 is for the actual private show at 6/min.

Some accounts have a 400 token package they can buy (my grey account does - $40) whereas my main account jumps to 500 ($45).
If an account has the 400 package, their next package is 550.

So it goes like this:
My Grey Account: 100, 200, 400, 550, 750, 1000
My Main Account: 100, 200, 500, 750, 1000

$40 is about €34 on Google, but this also depends on bank charges and currency conversion.
If he is like me and has no 400 option he would have to spend an extra $2 by doing 200 tokens + 200 tokens ($21 + $21) which is about €36. So it can be an extra few euro due to bank conversation rates or charges, so it could easily be closer to the €40, or of course he is just rounding up.

Remember we get charged more for fewer tokens we buy at once.
100 token package we pay 0.11 cents per token
1,000 and up, we pay 0.08 per token

(so CB takes the 0.06 for smaller token packages and 0.03 on larger).

Upvote 0
I do not know about CB, but I know that StripChat ALWAYS comes down on the side of the user (tokens taken back from model) . Even when the complaint is not fair

Upvote 0
Well, I got the tokens back. I received a reply this morning and I must say I am suprised.
Surprised that Chaturbate even seems to care and that they replied/helped so quickly.

This actually makes me happy because not only did I get my tokens back, but she didn't get away with her scam.
CB is usually pretty good about this kinda thing, and it makes sense since the last thing a cam site would want is for a paying customer to leave because they got scammed.

Upvote 0
Surprised that Chaturbate even seems to care and that they replied/helped so quickly.
Good that they resolved this for you quickly.
Pity CB in general doesn't address broadcaster issues with the same priority though.......
Seems the plan is to keep the end users happy and spending their money on the site, and if a broadcaster is offline unable to work for days pending support, CB hopes you just go and find someone else to benefit from your tokens.

Upvote 0
Yes, she answered. So I purchased 400 tokens (pvt was 6tk/min and no recording) and requested a pvt show. She accepted, I tipped the 300 tokens and thought the action was going to start.
"Just a second" she says while shuffling through her background music. Suddenly, boom, kicked from the room. I try to reload the page only to find out she's banned me.

You already got your money back, but for others in this situation in the future what speeds things up is to give CB an exact time of the first event and then to copy over the actual words spoken in the timeline. It's easier for you to explain the context when you give the conversation, and CB will be able to easily confirm that you are giving correct events because you gave them a time (and timezeone) where to look.

Contrast that to "last night XYZ happened". If you are vague then they need to do a research project, which in some cases is a non trivial amount of their time to undertake. In your case it was probably easier because they could look for the 300 token event and then immediately read the conversation after that tip was sent.

Just curious: did the model's account get banned? Sometimes I have noticed that CB will give these courtesy refunds without much investigation and no censure at all to the model.

Upvote 0
Sometimes models ban me, and in my experience, there is always a delay: In the chat, I see the notice about being banned, and then it takes many seconds until I can no longer see the page. Time enough to add a note to her name, copy the chat content, and maybe vote her down, though I do that very rarely. In her favor, I usually assume that she might be not evil, but just completely stupid, and hit the wrong line in the context menu when in fact she wanted to PM me and thank me for my generosity.

In your case, everything indicates she intentionally scammed you.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,
So tonight I found a model on chaturbate who I thought was extremely goodlooking. I tipped her a few single tokens to grab her attention and eventually the conversation moved into PM.
I eventually asked her if she'd be interested in a pvt show and she said that I would need to tip 300 in the pvt show for there to be nudity in the show.
I agreed upon this and even specifically asked "so if we go pvt and i tip 300, you'll undress?"

I was quite shocked to be honest because I've never had this happen before and I've done quite a few pvts with models.
But yea, she basically agreed upon a service after me paying for it, took my money and banned me.

I contacted chaturbate, but obviously as this just happened I don't expect a quick response.

I'm wondering what can I do? I'm guessing my money is gone and it won't be reimbursed to me. I have no idea how long it will take Chaturbate to reply to me. To be honest I am expecting to never reply at all.
Basically this woman will probably get away with this and I have a feeling Chaturbate won't even bother to help. Not sure if that'll be the case though.

I feel disgusted to be honest. It was €40,- of my hard earned money and I just feel terrible now. If I had gotten the show that was agreed upon I would've felt like it was money well spent. But now.. it's just gone. I could've spent it on way better things.
What's going to happen in these kind of situations? As in, what would be a likely outcome?

Not posting the model's name just yet because I'm not sure that's allowed here.

Thanks in advance!
ask for refund for sure - sucks - never met that kind of girl BUT also never have I paid upfront in 15 months - NOT once hahaha and over 300 PVT recordings

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.