AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2016
UK
Twitter Username
@MisterBlumunki
MFC Username
Blumunki
Hi all,

I was today scammed by a girl for 400tkns. She was offering Skype shows for 400tkns, we had a chat in PM and she seemed really nice and friendly, and after chatting to her for a while I agreed to the show.

I paid her the 400tkns and she gave me her Skype name, I tried calling and there was no answer, went back to her room as I thought maybe the call had to be scheduled with her rather than just straight away, but I couldn't get back in as she had banned me from her room?!

I've mailed her on MFC Mail twice asking her what is going on but no reply has been forthcoming and I'm still banned. I don't really know where to go from here, I doubt support willl care and if I can't contact her I can't get an answer, I've tried Skype a few times on the off chance she picks up but I think I have to resign myself to the fact I've just losted 400tkns to a pretty face :(

Sad Munki :(

Stay on site. Pay the price for private shows or throw your money into a group or public show.

While what @JickyJuly says is really good advice, I would at least try to contact support, if I were you. No, there's no guarantee that they'll do anything about it or care, but they might. And honestly, models who scam like that over and over are detrimental to me and other camgirls. They make members distrustful and wary of ever spending tokens again, possibly driving members away from MFC. So yeah, I do want those girls to be reported. Even if MFC doesn't refund your money or do anything about it, they'll have a note about that model. And if they get multiple reports about her, they might eventually do something about it.

While what @JickyJuly says is really good advice, I would at least try to contact support, if I were you. No, there's no guarantee that they'll do anything about it or care, but they might. And honestly, models who scam like that over and over are detrimental to me and other camgirls. They make members distrustful and wary of ever spending tokens again, possibly driving members away from MFC. So yeah, I do want those girls to be reported. Even if MFC doesn't refund your money or do anything about it, they'll have a note about that model. And if they get multiple reports about her, they might eventually do something about it.

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the feedback, I havery taken screenshots of our interaction, will definitely report it but, you're right, I'm now very wary of models on the site, kind of feel both stupid and betrayed, she seemed so nice and friendly in chatting with her. Guess I just had to learn the hard way :(

You are so right, I have stopped buying tokens due to being scammed a few times, I figured, if I don't have tokens, I can't lose them.

That's unfortunate but if you send a mail to support and explain what happened you'll usually get your tokens back if it's legit what you say. However there's usually more than meets the eye to these scam stories such as members getting mad the model didn't give them extra time or do something the member wanted but wasn't comfortable doing then they run back to MFC screaming scam.

You are so right, I have stopped buying tokens due to being scammed a few times, I figured, if I don't have tokens, I can't lose them.

I'm sorry that you were made to feel that way. However, I think the best thing to do before tipping a new (to you) model is just to watch how she reacts towards other tips. Does she thank them and make them feel happy that they spent them on her? Does she immediately send out content to people who buy it? Does she frequently 'forget' to follow-through with tip requests or does she promptly give them what they pay for? Does she apologize and seem genuine when/if she does forget?

Simply observing a model's behaviors for a while can show you whether she's the average scammer-type or not. If she is, move on. Observe the next one. Eventually, you'll find a girl (or multiple) who actually do treat you as a real person instead of a walking wallet. Don't give up on us (camgirls). Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

I'm sorry that you were made to feel that way. However, I think the best thing to do before tipping a new (to you) model is just to watch how she reacts towards other tips. Does she thank them and make them feel happy that they spent them on her? Does she immediately send out content to people who buy it? Does she frequently 'forget' to follow-through with tip requests or does she promptly give them what they pay for? Does she apologize and seem genuine when/if she does forget?

Simply observing a model's behaviors for a while can show you whether she's the average scammer-type or not. If she is, move on. Observe the next one. Eventually, you'll find a girl (or multiple) who actually do treat you as a real person instead of a walking wallet. Don't give up on us (camgirls). Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

Thank you for the reply, I am looking at getting my feet wet again but it can be very off putting. I usually buy custom videos and pay decent prices (600-1000 tokens per video) but when you don't get them, you start thinking what else you could buy with that money in the non internet world.

Thank you for the reply, I am looking at getting my feet wet again but it can be very off putting. I usually buy custom videos and pay decent prices (600-1000 tokens per video) but when you don't get them, you start thinking what else you could buy with that money in the non internet world.

If you're interested in custom videos I suggest a site like mygirlfund or something similar, where you have the option to order a custom video via escrow. That way if the model doesn't deliver you aren't out any money.

If you're interested in custom videos I suggest a site like mygirlfund or something similar, where you have the option to order a custom video via escrow. That way if the model doesn't deliver you aren't out any money.
Thank you, great advice.

Also if it's a Skype show the member is after, it would likely be better to check out CamModelDirectory or SkyPrivate. If you pay and the model doesn't show they have a copy of her skype chat, just like an MFC archive. They'll know if you tipped and didn't get the show.

I would definitely send mfc a message letting them know what happened. Might not be the first complaint they have received about her and even if it is, wouldn't be surprised if they gave you a refund. I've had nothing but good experiences with support when dealing with girls that offer services they have no intentions of doing. With so many offering cheap skype shows nowadays, bound to be a few scammers. I wouldn't let it put you off to buying shows in the future.

I agree, definitely try and contact support. Who knows if she has done this to other members! Skype is such a sketchy thing to buy from camgirls, in my opinion. I only offer privates in my room but I get so many Skype requests. I don't see the appeal and the chances of getting scammed are high. I'm really sorry that happened to you :(

Just tipping a model in appreciation for something she has already or is currently doing is also a pretty great and rewarding thing, and almost impossible to go wrong with. Just food for thought...

Thanks ladies, I appreciate the feedback, I havery taken screenshots of our interaction, will definitely report it but, you're right, I'm now very wary of models on the site, kind of feel both stupid and betrayed, she seemed so nice and friendly in chatting with her. Guess I just had to learn the hard way :(
hehe, I can make it up to you, only because I feel bad!!! I got scammed from a member when I first started. I can do a small skype session with you :)

why will someone shit where they eat?

i don't get it, i'm mostly use to viewers scamming models but not the other way round, i've been scam by 2 viewers but i learn my lesson quick hopefully you will too.

hehe, I can make it up to you, only because I feel bad!!! I got scammed from a member when I first started. I can do a small skype session with you :)

I too feel betrayed. :(
whistling-smiley-emoticon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.