AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scammers are trying to block my account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 16, 2023
Hello. I ran into a problem that I don't know how to solve. I have been working on the platform for 2 years now and have never encountered any problems or scammers. In my last working period I earned 30 thousand tokens, 4 thousand of which were from scammers. Chatrubate notified me that 4 viewers among those who tipped were scammers and asked me to send them screenshots of all large tips so they would check these people. I knew one of the viewers by nickname and wrote him a private message about He responded to me that he would continue to try to block my account through support and use of other people's accounts. I'm really scared and I don't know what to do

jane_suckss

Chatrubate notified me that 4 viewers among those who tipped were scammers and asked me to send them screenshots of all large tips so they would check these people.
Red flag for me there. Are you sure it was support@chaturbate.com that sent you that email?

CB has all that info already so they would not really need screenshots. Also if they know 4 of the viewers are scammers they would have been banned already..

It just seems weird that they would know that only 4 of the tippers are scammers yet they want screenshots..

Upvote 0
Yes, I got an email from support saying that I had to notify them of every viewer I didn't know. The 4 people who sent illegal amounts have already been banned by the site, but I am receiving threats that this "raid" will continue. I have been instructed that any large tips need to be screened, but I can't imagine working every day with the thought that another tip might be an attempt to get my account banned.

Upvote 0
Yes, I got an email from support saying that I had to notify them of every viewer I didn't know.
This is a ridiculous request, if genuinely from the site admins.
How would any model have time when working for their living, to try and filter out the usernames of anyone who they didn't immediately identify as a regular, and then notify support of all the details?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Unfortunately there's a "thing" named email envelope which can be targeted by some scammers using email spoofing which works pretty simple.
The header "from email" is changed with any desired email address and the email you received might look genuine at first glance.
Anyway, from what I know, CB platform has, is and will represent a target for scammers or individuals with malicious intent because it is a token-based website /service.
I wouldn't disclose any print screens/screenshots because the managers of the platform have access at such info any time, there are logs and saved data for all that moves.
If indeed this is a legit request then it is not too professional from CB to ask such info and they should add/implement a few (more) security layers in order to prevent such actions to happen in the feature.
This reveals how unstable the platform is so I doubt it is a legit request.
But again, that's my opinion.
On the other hand, might be a legit request and there's staff from support department which is not specialized in cyber security and doesn't have access to deeper investigation (tools, methods).

Upvote 0
Unfortunately there's a "thing" named email envelope which can be targeted by some scammers using email spoofing which works pretty simple.
The header "from email" is changed with any desired email address and the email you received might look genuine at first glance.
Anyway, from what I know, CB platform has, is and will represent a target for scammers or individuals with malicious intent because it is a token-based website /service.
I wouldn't disclose any print screens/screenshots because the managers of the platform have access at such info any time, there are logs and saved data for all that moves.
If indeed this is a legit request then it is not too professional from CB to ask such info and they should add/implement a few (more) security layers in order to prevent such actions to happen in the feature.
This reveals how unstable the platform is so I doubt it is a legit request.
But again, that's my opinion.
On the other hand, might be a legit request and there's staff from support department which is not specialized in cyber security and doesn't have access to deeper investigation (tools, methods).
It's funny even though header spoofing isnt overly difficult to set up, most of the cb phising emails dont bother doing it, they just register a somewhat passable domain like "chatturbate-support.com" and just assume people will see the word chaturbate and assume its fine (from the ones I have seen at least).

As for OP, dont reply to the email, it sounds super suspect, instead send an email to support@chaturbate.com and only reply on that email chain. Also turn 2fa on on your account if you havnt done so already.

Upvote 0
Yes, I got an email from support saying that I had to notify them of every viewer I didn't know. The 4 people who sent illegal amounts have already been banned by the site, but I am receiving threats that this "raid" will continue. I have been instructed that any large tips need to be screened, but I can't imagine working every day with the thought that another tip might be an attempt to get my account banned.
Its not so bad. They talk to you and instruct you that any large tips but must be scrreened. I was really worry what ifsomething like that would happen. I was thinking that if somebody is not fair,and sending not "clear" tokens , models are instantly banned too for being involved. But looks like is not like that and we need just inform support about any suspicious tips.
Another qustion is what for cb means big tips :D

Upvote 0
Its not so bad. They talk to you and instruct you that any large tips but must be scrreened. I was really worry what ifsomething like that would happen. I was thinking that if somebody is not fair,and sending not "clear" tokens , models are instantly banned too for being involved. But looks like is not like that and we need just inform support about any suspicious tips.
Another qustion is what for cb means big tips :D
Do someone know if this this the reason why so much models have been banned suddenly by unknow reasons lately? And yes? Usually tippers I’ve never seen play with me and tip 333,500,666? Could be this large tips from scammers?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.