AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scams

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nextdoormilf

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 9, 2016
MFC Username
Nextdoormilf
Hi all I'm new to MFC, and just had a really nice conversation with another model, anyhow the result of which was she asked for my email address to send me an Amazon gift card. Got the email and since found out it was a scam to get my Amazon log in details and God knows what else :(

I'm sure I read somewhere on here this was the safest method other than tokens so just want to warn others.

Also any advice of any thing else to look out for? I certainly will only accept tokens from now on.

Thanks xxx

There are SO MANY scams that you need to look out for but here are a few:
1. Paypal is another scam to look out for. Members can call and report you for running an adult account AND get their money back. Even if they don't report you, they can call and get a refund up to 6 months through what's called a "chargeback" which is where they pretend someone hacked their account to make the purchase. That's why you want to accept tokens. If you accept PayPal for something like a Skype show, the member can call and get ALL their money back and they would have received a free Skype show.
2. This may be a little one but something to keep an eye out for. Members may tip something like this in your room... false amount tip.pngnotice that the tip NOTES says 85 tokens...but the actual amount is only 8 tokens.
3. Members may pretend to be MFC Admin or they may have "promotional" Twitter accounts to try to get a free stuff from you. Real MFC admin will never ask you for anything free and you don't owe promo sites anything.
4. If you have your P.M's set to "friends only" with a tip amount required to become a friend (highly recommended) members may try to get them free from you by saying "oh it's just a question about (insert something they can buy)". Tell them to mfc mail you, if it's really just a question they'll do it, if they want P.M's they will most likely just leave. Others will say they want your PM because they want to spoil you. If they can't even tip for your PMs, then they obviously aren't there to spoil you.
5. People pretending to be businesses and wanting to fly you places for work for some ridiculously high wage (like "work in our mansion in Florida for $20,000/month") or people wanting to mail you gifts. These people are just trying to get your personal info. NEVER give your real name or your address to anyone.

Another thing to do is to ALWAYS make sure you receive an amazon giftcard from the amazon email address and always add the gift card to your amazon BEFORE starting a show.
Some members honestly just want to chat with you and wanna talk on skype. they say they want to check sound and connection before tipping, and then just talk and talk so you never get a word in. next thing you know it's been a half hour and they still haven't tipped you. Don't do that. it's hard to say "mic and camera check is done, you need to tip". I guess you can say "alright so it looks like our sound and picture is good, I'm gonna be right back and I'll call back when I get your tip". idk

Another thing to do is to ALWAYS make sure you receive an amazon giftcard from the amazon email address and always add the gift card to your amazon BEFORE starting a show.

Even if you add the gc to your account, they can still have it refunded back to them. A good rule of thumb is to keep something small/cheap in your cart that you'll definitely use (like toilet paper or eyeliner) and place the order before completing the show with them. If a portion of it is spent, Amazon can't take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.