AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Scary movies...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone could provide me with a good list of scary movies to rent or buy, I'd appreciate it.

Here's my reasoning:

I've been such a pussy my whole life with scary movies.
In January, I watched Paranormal Activity and even with how fake it was, it scared the fucking shit out of me. Like, I couldn't sleep right for a month.
When I went to see Eclipse there was a trailer for Paranormal Activity 2 and I'd really like to see it without being so piss scared.
So, I'm going to watch as many scary movies as I can before October 22nd (the release date) so I can actually enjoy the movie and not cover my eyes.

And before you guys say it, yes, I'm a pussy for being so scared of horror movies, lol.

The Eye (Japanese version, NOT American)
Cabin Fever (more gross out than scary)
Marble Hornets: Slender Man - this is more of a subtle "WTF" scare, but should work all the same if Paranormal Activity scared you. Found here.
Audition (Japanese version cause I really hope America hasn't remade it yet)
The Mist (new version rocks harder than the old one)
The Hills Have Eyes (new version again and sorry to say it rocks harder than the old one)
Ichi The Killer (more gross out than anything IMO, but might work for ya)

Being a seasoned horror fan I only listed movies that actually scared me at least the first time around. Most of these I've watched since I've been married so in my mind they shouldn't have scared me at all since I'm "all grown up". lol Also, sometimes it's better to actually be scared of horror movies even if they're retarded. I miss the days when I could get a good shock of something like Paranormal Activity (the only thing I can relate it to was when I originally watch "The Blair Witch Project")

Hope I helped at least a little. lol

Rec (It's the spanish version or quarantine, the spanish version makes it not suck for some reason)
Dawn of the dead (The newest version, is not only pretty startling but awesome plot and zombie babies!Mah favorite)
Masters of horror series (If you would like to have a little delicious taste from all of the seriously scary people that make scary actually scary, then please indulge you will find many alluring and gory tales. One including a man who drinks fetus water and another about a woman who mkaes fetus dumplings, it's a wonderful fetus fest of joy!)
28 days later (First movie that ever scared the crap out of me)
The Grudge (Second movie that ever scared the crap out of me)
The Decent (Oogie spooky cave creatures are gonna eat your face)

Hopefully you will feel that you are a little bit tougher after you have watched some seriously scary stuff, honestly I think it makes me more afraid because my imagination is boundless and I picture these creatures lurking around my bed all the time at night.....don't worry, they aren't really there. I promise...just promise not to watch REC alone.^_^

Wolf Creek.

Though possibly better for the seasoned pro.

Will compile my all time horror list when I get the chance as I love this genre and like to recommend. Huge fan of zombies and Tartan Asia. Of the above, The Eye, Spanish Rec also the 2nd loved them but have to say I enjoyed the original Hills Have Eyes more...

numbed-to-the-horror fans, watch Wolf Creek, its an amazing example of Australian cinema.

The Blob (if you can get the original version) is excellent. I don't know about how good the newer version is though.

JessicaLapin said:
Frankie said:
The Mist (new version rocks harder than the old one)T

Stephen King's The Mist?
Just saw it and I have to second this, it was fricken awesome! Who did the original??

I think there is an even newer movie called The Mist, but I know the SK one you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned, all of SK's stuff is better in book form than movie form.

AmberCutie said:
JessicaLapin said:
Frankie said:
The Mist (new version rocks harder than the old one)T

Stephen King's The Mist?
Just saw it and I have to second this, it was fricken awesome! Who did the original??

I think there is an even newer movie called The Mist, but I know the SK one you mentioned. As far as I'm concerned, all of SK's stuff is better in book form than movie form.

ohh I haven't heard of it! Yes I'd definitively agree most of the movie adaptions of King's books suck the big one, especially IT. IT was one of my all time favorite scary books but painful to watch on screen. I haven't read The Mist yet.

I really want them to make Gunslinger into a movie though and cast Clint Eastwood as the gunslinger! :D

All of Rob Zombie's movies, although I haven't seen the second Halloween and heard bad things about it.

Suspiria

I second Wolf Creek!

Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE with the fact that so many other girls out there (ok, a handful, but STILL!) like asian horror movies!! They are my favorite!!

If you want to jump right into fear, I would suggest Wishing Stairs (korean) it's one of the only movies that scare me EVERY time I watch it... and the storyline is really easy to get into, as it all about jealousy and teenage girls.
1408 scared me, and my friends the first time through...
um... Thirteen Ghosts didn't scare me while I watched it, but terrified me as I was trying to sleep, same as The Ring.
The Shining and Sixth Sense made me scared of bathrooms. (honestly, have to have the door closed before I attempt to sleep.)
and am I the only one that was scared of Edward Scissorhands till I was 14?

My thing is, I LOVE horror, but I can't watch it AT the theater... I waste my money watching my hands the whole time... but at home, I feel safer, so it is easier to watch it. Could be the same way for you. If you also want a way to defear yourself, find a movie that has special features that have the MAKING OF (I did film classes first time through college, LOVE to watch the making ofs) and sometimes that really helps. (like the dead mother from One Missed Call Japanese version)

I completely agree with you on the Mist, the Descent, Dawn of the Dead. I found the Orphan to be freaky as hell. Let me see, also Seven, Silence of the Lamb, Hannibal, and Red Dragon are classics. Another one a friend recommended to me was the Orphanage (I think) in Spanish. Descent was completely had me with the pillow in my hand ready to cover my eyes.

EmeraldGaze said:
I completely agree with you on the Mist, the Descent, Dawn of the Dead. I found the Orphan to be freaky as hell. Let me see, also Seven, Silence of the Lamb, Hannibal, and Red Dragon are classics. Another one a friend recommended to me was the Orphanage (I think) in Spanish. Descent was completely had me with the pillow in my hand ready to cover my eyes.

The Orphanage was a good movie, I enjoyed it, but wasn't scary for me..... although... different scares for different pairs I suppose.
Orphan was so good! I did not expect that ending!!

Session 9
Shutter (the THAI version)
And then there's this Masters of Horror episode called "Cigarette Burns". I don't know what it is about that episode, but it's creepy as hell.
Jacob's Ladder always freaked me out a s kid too.

Frankie said:
Watching "The Human Centipede" at the moment. It's gross and interesting, not sure it would work to cure or help you get less scared since it's not really scary. XD

From what I've seen it seems more of a gross/thriller than a classic horror movie. Of course if that did happen, it would be horrible...

malinhardly said:
1. Zombieland

I found this to be more of a comedy than a scary movie. That and Shawn of the Dead. Sure they had spook moments, but... more funny than scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.