AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Session "Goals" in Topics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmberCutie said:
God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:
here is something to think about...

if your topic says how many tokens you want for the day, you are pretty much asking them to tip you to go offline.

if they went to visit you because you are online where is the motivation to see you go offline?

There is LOTS of motivation for regs to tip even though you're going offline.

Sometimes my regs do this because they know I dont want to log off but need to because I've been at it for 6 hrs or something and they will tip me so that I can rest...

Sometimes I get guys that will tip say 1000tks to clear my count and finish my goal, and get vids or some skype time in the process.

I DONT think daily goals in topics are a good idea DURING your show, but if you have loyal loving regs that love to see you hit your goals and take care of you, putting a small remainder up can work in your favor if its done tactfully and tastefully. You MUST judge the mood of the room, the type of tippers the people you have in there at that time are etc. Its a good idea to offer content or things for sale while you do this so they are getting something for their generosity.

i know models that work 8 hours a day 6 days a week in a studio with a lunch break and another model (sometimes two models) sitting 2 feet away with nothing but a keyboard for privacy.
Did you accidentally post in this thread or did you mean to post something COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC?

I know business men who work 50 hours a week with an hour lunch break and another businessman sitting 2 cubicles away with nothing but a typewriter.

I can do it too! Wheee!

check the edit i posted

God said:
they have to meet a quota to get any pay for the pay period and they don't tell people how much they need for the quota.

Wait you know models that do something differently from me? That work longer hours and don't post their quotas? Good god in heaven, I'd better shape up and do it their way then huuh...?

:p

You proved my point....

ALL i'm saying is for some models, targeting a specific type of tipper/regular, putting a remainder goal up can work in your favor.

It does sometimes for me, so I won't stop doing it because some models you know don't do it my way.

Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:
they have to meet a quota to get any pay for the pay period and they don't tell people how much they need for the quota.

and? Why does this mean that I shouldn't tell people what I need for goal? Just because you know someone who does something differently...

Many models DONT post goals.

Some do, and it CAN work. That's all I'm saying. when I do it I'm targeting a specific group of people who like to know these things... and like to help...

i'm not specifically talking about you and what you should do, i was just replying to you saying that 6 hours online is a long time and the quota for them isn't just a daily quota but they could break it down if they wanted to do the math. i also had a question for models on this thread in case anyone didn't see it. one of my posts on this thread i wasn't able to edit because of the time limit expiring while i was busy and trying to edit at the same time.

God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

and? Why does this mean that I shouldn't tell people what I need for goal? Just because you know someone who does something differently...

Some do, and it CAN work. That's all I'm saying. when I do it I'm targeting a specific group of people who like to know these things... and like to help...

i'm not specifically talking about you and what you should do, i was just replying to you saying that 6 hours online is a long time and the quota for them isn't just a daily quota but they could break it down if they wanted to do the math. i also had a question for models on this thread in case anyone didn't see it. one of my posts on this thread i wasn't able to edit because of the time limit expiring while i was busy and trying to edit at the same time.

-_-;;

So you're telling me I shouldn't feel tired at the end of a 6 hr cam shift because some people work longer hours...?

If that is indeed the case then Fuck you dude. You try taking a fuck machine in both holes for 2 hrs, do a squirt show, and tie yourself to a pillar riding a hitachi to around 10 massive soul shaking orgasms, twist your back up and then tell me not to complain that 6 hours is a long ass shift and I"M FUCKING TIRED. I'm sure the studio girls who work long hours are tired too. And the business men in tiny cubicles with only typerwriters.. and the firemen and the lumberjacks and whatever the hell it is that you do Mr G.O.D...

We're all fucking tired. Work does that..

Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

-_-;;

So you're telling me I shouldn't feel tired at the end of a 6 hr cam shift because some people work longer hours...?

If that is indeed the case then Fuck you dude. You try taking a fuck machine in both holes for 2 hrs, do a squirt show, and tie yourself to a pillar riding a hitachi to around 10 massive soul shaking orgasms, twist your back up and then tell me not to complain that 6 hours is a long ass shift and I"M FUCKING TIRED. I'm sure the studio girls who work long hours are tired too. And the business men in tiny cubicles with only typerwriters.. and the firemen and the lumberjacks and whatever the hell it is that you do Mr G.O.D...

i don't know where you think this was me attacking you but it wasn't.

and i hope you aren't confusing a goal for doing something on cam for a session goal because they are different.

God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
God said:

-_-;;

i don't know where you think this was me attacking you but it wasn't.

and i hope you aren't confusing a goal for doing something on cam for a session goal because they are different.

I thought you were being a bit abrasive, yes. It seemed like you were telling me my feelings and thoughts didn't matter because someone somewhere had it worse. Most of your posts are very confusing, vague etc.. so if you didn't mean it that way, sorry. But 99% of your responses to me (or people in general) on this forum seem antagonistic.

I'm not confusing the two.
I'm talking about after I get done fucking myself, and my back hurts, and im tired and sore, and the guys have enjoyed the show and I look at my stats and im 2000tks away from a session goal putting "hey guys 2000tks away from big goal for day! Tips make my day! New vids on my profile!" as a topic.

AmberCutie said:
Did you accidentally post in this thread or did you mean to post something COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT TO THE TOPIC?
Would you PLEASE stop posting my thoughts? :lol:

Miss_Lollipop said:
I thought you were being a bit abrasive, yes. It seemed like you were telling me my feelings and thoughts didn't matter because someone somewhere had it worse. Most of your posts are very confusing, vague etc.. so if you didn't mean it that way, sorry. But 99% of your responses to me (or people in general) on this forum seem antagonistic.
See my reply to Amber :D

Miss_Lollipop said:

I'm not confusing the two.
I'm talking about after I get done fucking myself, and my back hurts, and im tired and sore, and the guys have enjoyed the show and I look at my stats and im 2000tks away from a session goal putting "hey guys 2000tks away from big goal for day! Tips make my day! New vids on my profile!" as a topic.

i have mentioned before in other threads that my advice for camgirls is vague on purpose so it wouldn't matter if they were nude or non-nude or whatever they do on cam. i also said it was partly to avoid drama on the forum. i don't expect people to try and guess i just expect them to read what i typed. i mostly have been avoiding threads that look like there will be a big argument.

Miss_Lollipop said:
Most of your posts are very confusing, vague etc.. so if you didn't mean it that way, sorry. But 99% of your responses to me (or people in general) on this forum seem antagonistic.

word

God said:

if your topic says how many tokens you want for the day, you are pretty much asking them to tip you to go offline.

if they went to visit you because you are online where is the motivation to see you go offline?
Here has been my experience:

If I make my goals more often than not, I am encouraged to get on cam and stay on cam to share the joy with those who help me reach said goals. Happy models = more fun time on cam (usually.) There have been at least 3 days this month where I have made my daily go within 2 hours and still stayed on much longer because I was overjoyed and having a great time due to not worrying about having to "hustle".

If I am consistently not making daily goals, I will get discouraged and end up spending less time on cam. (The last 2 months this is exactly what happened. I worked 20% less than the usual hours I do in a month where I AM making goals.)

I know I am just a small sample size of the whole MFC model market, but I like to think I am a pretty sensible and business minded one. I am not saying there aren't models who will bail after 1 hour if they make their goal, or times where a model isn't feeling well and will log off early (sometimes at the request of her tippers because they want her to get some rest) but there are a lot of us who really do enjoy spending time with those who treat us well.

I know it's difficult for some of the more simple minded cam-goers to grasp it, but sometimes the bigger picture is what it's all about.

God said:

I see your point..and it does make sense ----HOWEVER

Most girls I personally know (I realize this is not all girls..and I am not looking to generalize)

Are not going to run go offline if they make there goal very early. For example.

If I make my High Goal of 4000tokens within an hour of camming. I will most likely stay on another two or three hours (I may, or may not have more show goals up that would take me up and beyond my daily high goal...but will still give incentive to tip) but my focus will be on those who helped reach that goal so fast rather then making my goal!

It would be more laid make, fun, happy time!!

I tend do more show goals, and the occasional session goal when I am close, if I can make that goal in moderate amount of time there are always rewards, I rather be done with my daily goal and just hanging out in my room then sitting there worrying if I am gonna make my undisclosed sum of tokens that day. I would never log off because I made my session goal, that's just bad business and bad customer service.

God said:
there are models on MFC that would change their topic literally to whatever i say because they trust my advice and they had good results with my advice in the past, including not banning someone i know who only visited her because i asked.

I can't get past this.... you really do think you are god don't you?

I can't listen to anything you say simply because of your self righteousness. Then there's....

God said:
i have mentioned before in other threads that my advice for camgirls is vague on purpose so it wouldn't matter if they were nude or non-nude or whatever they do on cam. i also said it was partly to avoid drama on the forum.

Yet almost every comment you make causes just that. Are you just blind to the reactions you get, or does the fact two girls in cubicle listen to you make that all better?

There are a lot of successful girls on ACF and even more on MFC and other camsites that do amazing every night, and I am sure the majority of them have never even heard of you let alone followed your advice.

curvyredhead said:
Are not going to run go offline if they make there goal very early. For example.

If I make my High Goal of 4000tokens within an hour of camming. I will most likely stay on another two or three hours (I may, or may not have more show goals up that would take me up and beyond my daily high goal...but will still give incentive to tip) but my focus will be on those who helped reach that goal so fast rather then making my goal!

It would be more laid make, fun, happy time!![/color][/b]
This brings up another point, too. If a girl's goal is 5000 tokens and one or two generous tippers send some very nice tips to wipe that out quickly, I would not fault her for putting up other show goals in her topic at that point. Just because a goal is made does not mean the girl has to settle for *only* that amount while she stays on cam for another hour or few. It would be nice if members thought about that before jumping to think she's just a greedy slut and scoff at her (which happens, unfortunately. "OMG she just got 4444 tokens from that guy, now she's asking us to pitch in another 900 for an oil show. WHAT A BITCH!")

SerenaMoon said:
I tend do more show goals, and the occasional session goal when I am close, if I can make that goal in moderate amount of time there are always rewards, I rather be done with my daily goal and just hanging out in my room then sitting there worrying if I am gonna make my undisclosed sum of tokens that day. I would never log off because I made my session goal, that's just bad business and bad customer service.

God said:
there are models on MFC that would change their topic literally to whatever i say because they trust my advice and they had good results with my advice in the past, including not banning someone i know who only visited her because i asked.

I can't listen to anything you say simply because of your self righteousness.

I was SOOOOOOOOO thinking the same thing. :lol:

I could smell the arrogance cologne through the ethernet cable.

AmberCutie said:
I got a reminder a couple months ago from a person who USED to be a VERY generous "just because" tipper that I was focusing too much on goals and "begging" all the time. (Even though I don't consider it begging to be goal oriented and inform people of daily/weekly/monthly goals.) It hurt my feelings that he jumped right to the conclusion that I turned into a "beggar" but I heeded his words and stopped discussing goals and reminding people to tip on a daily basis for about 7 to 8 weeks just to see if it improved anything.

These were the slowest 2 months I had in quite a while.

I don't know that that says about anything, but it's data, nonetheless.

I am exactly the same, I see members loving certain models for not ever reminding them to tip, and not asking it from them, and they tip without her asking, yet when they're in my room and I don't ask them to tip.... they never tip! It's only when I remind them/push for it that I get tipped. So yeah, seeing as I get punished when I don't mention tipping and rewarded when I do mention tipping I am obviously going to continue mentioning tipping. I would much rather not mention it, ever, and just have the nice members tipping me of their own accord while I dance, tease and act in a sexy manner.

Like if I put a timer and a set amount of how much I need to be tipped by the end of the timer or I'll have to log off. It doesn't always work, but most of the time it does, and sometimes when it does it pushes the tipping so much that my countdown disappears very quickly. Hence why I do it, even when I'd much rather stay online. It also means if people don't tip me I'm forced to go offline. Though as it has such a high success rate I can't help but feel if no one's willing to tip at that point the room is full of zombies.

As for token goals.... mmm I very rarely post them up. My general aim is usually around 5000 tokens for a session. I'd be happy with around 1000 tokens either side of that. The way my countdowns work out it will usually be just under 4000. Usually I make enough in tips during a show that I will often get to my 5000 aim, or at least fairly close to there. I like finishing a night on a round number, so I can look back in my stats and feel positive. So if I'm say 500 tokens off 5000 I will usually try and push for that, either with posting it in my topic, or by making a countdown. I will also usually say at this point how close to my goal I am.
I will sometimes change goals though to round the number up. Like if I've made 6600, even though it's above my aim, I'll see if I can get it up to a round 7000.

Sometimes if I check my token stats and I've say made 4993, I am sometimes very cheeky and either write in my topic "anyone got 7 tokens?" or I'll even be super cheeky and message friends and regulars who I know will probably have a few tokens. This is only when it's a really low amount, it's cheeky, but, people seem to understand the novelty of wanting to round up when it's so close. Under 10 tokens isn't a large amount of money, it's myfreecams's version of pocket change, no one's seemed anything other than slightly amused at my little rounding up obsession, but then I only ask the members who I think wouldn't mind, and might enjoy contributing. The worth of those tokens goes up with the novelty in my opinion! I definitely have special fondness for those who help me finish off my goals and make my token stats pretty!

Only other times are because for international wires you need to earn a minimum of 20k tokens each pay period to get paid. If it's been a bad pay period and I haven't made it I'll start panicking, I will sometimes post the number on twitter or mention it to regulars, though I might mention it in the room I don't write it in my topic.

I can't believe people are complaining about models posting their goals in their room topics. Believe it or not, there are some generous members on MFC who do care about helping a model get closer to her goal. Hell, I might even start putting my goal in my topic, since I often have a specific member asking me "How close are you to goal?" If you don't care about a model's goal, then just stick with tipping whatever you were gonna tip her anyway, and don't even worry about her topic. And whatever you do, please refrain from making negative comments like "Um...if you think you're gonna get x tokens, you're insane." No model needs a Negative Nancy (or Nathan?) in her room. :thumbleft:

SerenaMoon said:
God said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed that about him. LOL.

I never post my token goals in the topic because a.) someone ALWAYS brings up how much it equals in $ and i don't like talking about my income with strangers and b.) my goals change as my room count changes. If i am having a slow night with under 40 people in my room i will set a lower/realistic goal in my head but if a few regulars show up that usually tip me higher my goal will rise a little.

I have had some members become a little bitter when they see what they consider to be an unreasonable goal in the topic. I agree with what some are saying about not posting your entire goal and waiting until you're within 1000 tokens or so being a better idea.

I know that when i perv other girls and they have 10,000+ token daily goals i just think its awesome that they can achieve that and honestly it's motivating to me.

Reactions: Sevrin
mynameisbob84 said:
I_Am_Iris said:
Evvie said:
I know two fireman and a lumberjack.

:crybaby: Awww, I want to know a lumberjack. Evvie, quit stealing all the interesting people.

If I had an axe, I could totally pass for a lumberjack ;)
Nah, that spot is already occupied by TinyViking82. Everyone knows he's the original lumberjack. Look at him.
Bob, why don't you be the fireman?

..I'll see myself out.

Reactions: Aella and TacoBelle
I'm not a high CS model either, & my goals are never quite as daunting as 8-10K a night, but I agree with Amber on this one! When I get close to goal, if things are slowing down, I don't see the problem in throwing it in there as a reminder of how close everyone is to making it a great night!!

There have been nights where I was only a few hundred off goal & I offered to send discounted videos/photos for anyone who tipped any amount to help us get there. I really try to orient my shows that when my countdowns & shows for the night are finished I've reached my goal & aren't relying on people who come in the room during a show and tipping. But sometimes my creativity dies and I have a vanilla night planned on cam. Those are usually the nights where I rally for a second, cheaper show to make goal & I'm not afraid to tell me boys I am THIS close, lets get there and we'll have extra sexy times. Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesn't.

But it really is a double edged sword! Some people need the reminder, and some people just get angry about it.

LilyMarie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I_Am_Iris said:
Evvie said:

:crybaby: Awww, I want to know a lumberjack. Evvie, quit stealing all the interesting people.

Nah, that spot is already occupied by TinyViking82. Everyone knows he's the original lumberjack. Look at him.

..I'll see myself out.

Wait, I thought TinyViking 82 was a viking. A tiny one. I don't think I wanna be a lumberjack now though. I wanna be a spaceman. Or maybe a cowboy.

mynameisbob84 said:
LilyMarie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
I_Am_Iris said:
Evvie said:

..I'll see myself out.

Wait, I thought TinyViking 82 was a viking. A tiny one. I don't think I wanna be a lumberjack now though. I wanna be a spaceman. Or maybe a cowboy.

If you're undecided between spaceman and cowboy, there's only one solution: space cowboy. :shifty:

Okay, the thread's a few days old, but I'm interested in how people look at numbers, so I'm going to post anyway.

First off, why do so many models want to end up with a round number of tokens for the day? If you get a little bit *more* than a round number, isn't that a little bit better than that round number? It's a bit more money in your pocket. I don't see how that isn't a positive.

Secondly, my feeling on posting daily/monthly goals is, I'd rather not hear about them. It's fine to have them in mind for yourself if it motivates you or helps you budget, and I don't think it means you're greedy if you do mention them. I just find it somewhat irritating. Here's why:

The nature of a tip- or commission-based job is, you're not going to make the same amount each day. I'm sure this isn't news to any of you. Saying you need X amount to make your goal is effectively putting pressure on your regulars. If you do this all the time, in my opinion, you're going to wear them out. It's hard to feel that something is urgent if it's coming up all the time. If I've tipped what I feel is a reasonable amount, I don't want to feel like I've failed you, and it's kind of a downer to have a model state a goal and not meet it.

I'm usually a "just because" tipper. I don't generally time my tips to meet countdowns or goals, although occasionally I'll intentionally help with or finish a count if the model's having a slow stretch. For the most part though, I hope my just because tips will make the model's day a little better regardless of what her total is, because that's what feels right to me. If I can spend something extra that day, I'll probably chip in some more, but I don't want to feel guilty if I can't.

The case where you're close to a threshold where you won't be issued a pay check at all is a little different. It's understandable that it could be a big deal not to get paid at all for another half month, so then, in essence, you'd be saying, "if you were planning on tipping me in the coming days too, please shift some of that to today because the timing makes a difference." I'd think most regulars would be fine with that, plus it presumably wouldn't be an all-the-time thing.

I don't think it's the same thing if (in your own mind) you're thinking "I really want to make this goal today," so you put something else on the table -- a countdown to another show of some sort, a special deal on your content, etc. That seems fine. It gives the "I want something specific for my money" guys a reason to continue tipping, and at the same time, it doesn't send the message, "I have to get this much more, or my day sucked."

By the way, some of the most fun moments I've had were situations where the model was having a pretty good day -- made all the counts she had planned and said something like, "Okay guys, we're there. You can stop tipping," and then the room's reaction was basically, "screw that, we're going to tip even more now because we love you." I realize most of you probably don't have days like that as often as you'd like, but I thought I'd give an example of members ignoring goals in a good way.

Anyway, I've gabbed enough. I do understand that what I said isn't what works best for some of you; I just wanted to put my point of view out there.

AllisonWilder said:
mynameisbob84 said:
If you're undecided between spaceman and cowboy, there's only one solution: space cowboy. :shifty:

Actually you're forgetting the other obvious solution...Manboy.

:lol: Sometimes I amuse myself.

Attachments

• man boy.gif
    man boy.gif
    198 KB · Views: 92
HarmlessSquirrel said:
Okay, the thread's a few days old, but I'm interested in how people look at numbers, so I'm going to post anyway.

First off, why do so many models want to end up with a round number of tokens for the day? If you get a little bit *more* than a round number, isn't that a little bit better than that round number? It's a bit more money in your pocket. I don't see how that isn't a positive.
Of course no model cares if she gets more than her rounded up number. But if I made 5987tokens, I'm going to ask for 13 tokens just to make it even, but I don't care if they tip 14 or more. I guess it's just a way to make a few extra tokens.

Status
Not open for further replies.