AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I be wary of this?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2021
As I said in my introduction, I have been in cam sites for quite some time, but I noticed lately a few unusual things during my interactions with certain models.

One Example, theres a model I tip from tome to time and go private/Exclusive with. After like a second show or so, she started asking me to come to her room everyday she's online. Now, I'm not a whale by any means, and I dont give any kind of inkling that I would spend a huge chunk of cash. So even though I am fully aware we won't ever date, have sex, or see each other in real life, she really wants my company for whatever reason it is. I had a time where I went 3 weeks without seeing her (I recently been in a car crash and currently still recovering), and when I got back on she sent me multiple messages wondering where am I. After I got to her she said she felt "lonely" without me and such.

Another example, after being in a show with this other model, she kinda did the same thing. Always wanting me in the room to "Keep her company". Also, kinda gave a vibe that she was willing to break the rules to see me....all the way from Russia. Gets jealous if I ever mention any other females or dates I been on other girls.

Is this normal behavior or a red flag? Do models like to keep a certain member in their room despite not tipping? Normally they would get the boot, but I dont. But they insist that I stick with them. I was under the impression they would do this to have a repeat customer consistently come into their channel to spend money. I figured at first thats why they wanted me to "keep them company". I found this to be quite strange, because I heard stories about Cam models pretending to fall in love with customers just to get them to spend big, but their actions somewhat indicative rather than full blown obvious that it may be the case.

I think there are some red flags. Are you being honest with yourself about how much your spending. Those small tips can add up quick like a slot machine. She also knows you can’t tip if you’re not there. She might be tolerating you, especially if you’re being decent (as decent as you can be without tipping something) and not asking for freebies.

I’ve been on this forum for not that long. It’s clear I don’t realize how hard a models job is. I know it was hard but not this hard. Maybe you’re just a decent guest and maybe they do like your company, but then offering to meet you is not good. And jealousy for taliking to others is a huge problem. They are talking to others. You can’t? The best models I have might tease me about the other models but they understand that im going to look around.

I have a hard time remembering that a fantasy is being sold. I’m happy to buy into the idea that I could go somewhere and meet this woman, but I know it’s not true.

Having said that, I’m dealing with a similar but different situation. So who knows.

Reactions: NotYou
I think there are some red flags. Are you being honest with yourself about how much your spending. Those small tips can add up quick like a slot machine. She also knows you can’t tip if you’re not there. She might be tolerating you, especially if you’re being decent (as decent as you can be without tipping something) and not asking for freebies.

I’ve been on this forum for not that long. It’s clear I don’t realize how hard a models job is. I know it was hard but not this hard. Maybe you’re just a decent guest and maybe they do like your company, but then offering to meet you is not good. And jealousy for taliking to others is a huge problem. They are talking to others. You can’t? The best models I have might tease me about the other models but they understand that im going to look around.

I have a hard time remembering that a fantasy is being sold. I’m happy to buy into the idea that I could go somewhere and meet this woman, but I know it’s not true.

Having said that, I’m dealing with a similar but different situation. So who knows.
Ah, I see.

The 1st one always refers to me as "My love" every single time I enter the room and such. At one point she said I had a "noble heart" and even wanted photos of me . She even plays a song im her radio that I told her was my favorite from time to time. She does ask how I'm doing, and even more so since my accident, but those red flag moments do tend to crop up. I dont want to outright say "You're a scammer" because she doesnt beg me to tip or take her to private often. In fact its been a month and I still havent done either.

The second one: 100% on point. Like, whether its models or any girl in real life, she gets salty about it. Like holy shit. Thats bizzare and not something I will ever put up with. I havent been in her room since that day she got pissy at me. When I tipped her in that gold show she was like "Where you masturbating to me or were you thinking about that girl?". So I distanced myself from her. Its been almost a month since I saw her.

There's a third girl who does want my company but i'm not worried about her. I know she's genuine. She never asks me for anything, and from time to time she'll do sexy thing from her tip menu for free, just for me (I dont ever ask her to do so). I assume its because I came in at a good time. She seemed to be down on herself and called herself fat and ugly, but after I assured her its not true, this stuff happens.

Its weird, I know. But I totally get what you mean. I just usually think guys like me would be unwanted and booted, but instead they "want my company".

As I said in my introduction, I have been in cam sites for quite some time, but I noticed lately a few unusual things during my interactions with certain models.

One Example, theres a model I tip from tome to time and go private/Exclusive with. After like a second show or so, she started asking me to come to her room everyday she's online. Now, I'm not a whale by any means, and I dont give any kind of inkling that I would spend a huge chunk of cash. So even though I am fully aware we won't ever date, have sex, or see each other in real life, she really wants my company for whatever reason it is. I had a time where I went 3 weeks without seeing her (I recently been in a car crash and currently still recovering), and when I got back on she sent me multiple messages wondering where am I. After I got to her she said she felt "lonely" without me and such.

Another example, after being in a show with this other model, she kinda did the same thing. Always wanting me in the room to "Keep her company". Also, kinda gave a vibe that she was willing to break the rules to see me....all the way from Russia. Gets jealous if I ever mention any other females or dates I been on other girls.

Is this normal behavior or a red flag? Do models like to keep a certain member in their room despite not tipping? Normally they would get the boot, but I dont. But they insist that I stick with them. I was under the impression they would do this to have a repeat customer consistently come into their channel to spend money. I figured at first thats why they wanted me to "keep them company". I found this to be quite strange, because I heard stories about Cam models pretending to fall in love with customers just to get them to spend big, but their actions somewhat indicative rather than full blown obvious that it may be the case.
I work on streamate and I allow members who have never tipped me to hang out in my room and chat with me but they must follow certain rules (no demanding anything from me for free, be courteous, be respectful). Some of these type of members have become regulars and I enjoy their conversation and engagement with me.

Not all models are this way, but that is how I run my room. Be wary of assuming anything of her (i.e. willing to break the rules). Sounds like you are aware of the sites TOS and so if she is blatantly trying to break the rules, then she is risking her account getting terminated. Nothing you can do about that. That’s the risk she’s willing to take.

If at any point you feel like there is a love scheme evolving from your interaction with her, then don’t be afraid to cut off your interaction with her. Models can also be territorial about hearing your engagement with other models or females for that matter too, but that’s not uncommon to hear.

On sites like streamate where we aren’t pulling high traffic like CB or MFC, on the days it is slow or when we are starting our shift, conversation and engagement with a regular is better than a quiet room and can be welcomed depending on the model.

My best guess is that the model you are talking about enjoys your conversation and company and that’s it.

If I ever sense a love scam, I will dip right away. I totally understand that this isnt a dating site. And distance is never something I ever think is worth going through all that trouble for 1 person.

I'm glad this isn't a big red flag (unlike the second example), I guess its not often they meet a guy like me. I just talk to them like a normal person, and somehow it leads to them wanting my company. Perhaps its rare.

Reactions: englishmuffins
Edit to add:

If you’re still wondering why a model would want someone to just hang out and chill, I’ll give you my very honest answer as to why I allow regulars to hang out and keep me company.

Eventually they turn into tippers or shows. I have a few regulars who hung out with me in my room, never tipped me for several months, one never even said a word to me, got to know my personality better and vice versa, and now I get generous tips and shows from them.

Sometimes it’s nice to be treated human and engage in non sexual banter. But I also understand that some members just don’t have the funds at the moment, but when they do, I feel grateful that they spend tips on me and we celebrate.

I did sales before I started camming and my style was to be actively engaged, ask questions, be down to earth, be honest and let business happen as need be. The long term benefits and sales naturally came to fruition. Again not everyone’s style but that’s mine.

Right, I take that into account as well. Perhaps its just in case I decide to tip and stuff, but I hardly ever do so, and never in big numbers.

Disregard if you will, as I'm not a model.
But I've gone through plenty of requests to come and hang out.
Of course it's more pleasant for a model to have some reliable, trusted and polite regulars in their room.
As mentioned above, hanging out can lead to tipping.
Making someone feel wanted is the first step in getting them into the room.
Once they're in, they're less likely to go and browse other rooms; so if they do start to spend, it'll be in that room.
While I'm sure some models genuinely enjoy the company of certain viewers, it is after all about getting your business.
If you mention other broadcasters, or going on dates, and she acts jealous (your word in OP), that reaction is almost certainly because she sees the chance of hooking you at risk; either to another model, or dropping off the site altogether due to a possible IRL relationship, rather than she has feelings for you.

Last edited:
Disregard if you will, as I'm not a model.
But I've gone through all the requests to come and hang out.
Of course it's more pleasant for a model to have some reliable, trusted and polite regulars in their room.
As mentioned above, hanging out can lead to tipping.
Making someone feel wanted is the first step in getting them into the room.
Once they're in, they're less likely to go and browse other rooms; so if they do start to spend, it'll be in that room.
While I'm sure some models genuinely enjoy the company of certain viewers, it is after all about getting your business.
At the end of the day, yes, it is all about getting your business. There’s not bullshitting around that.

I’m pretty ruthless in my room and tell my chat exactly that, I don’t sugar coat my intentions, but I do care that members will feel good about tipping me when they are ready.

@Quattro_ , every dollar counts to our goal, big or small. Especially during streamate contests.

Good inputs. I often also wonder why its just me they want around but never anyone else. Every other regular shows up and leaves from time to time, but my presence in particular seemed to be somewhat important to them. I guess that part confused me the most

Good inputs. I often also wonder why its just me they want around but never anyone else. Every other regular shows up and leaves from time to time, but my presence in particular seemed to be somewhat important to them. I guess that part confused me the most
How do you know they don't get the same encouragement? Most will just ignore any requests to hang around, and room-hop to find what action they seek - then leave the site altogether once they're done. A few will just stay in the room the entire show, and tip whatever they can afford (and sometimes what they can't); these are the ones that respond to encouragement, and often misunderstand the motivation. It's classic marketing, and it works.

Reactions: tokensarentforkids
Thanks @rylarosexo for your input. It answers some Questions I ask myself sometimes. There are weeks when I'm a descent tipper, but also weeks where I really have to keep my money together and I don't tip at all. Then its still nice to just be there, mostly while working using picture-in-picture, sometimes jumping into the chat to say something nice or funny. The models I like seem to appreciate that. But you never know if that's really the case. Your post tells me that it's possible they mean it.

Reactions: englishmuffins
Like anyone, I would think models like to hang out with people who are respectful and interesting. Obviously you are visiting them at their place of work and cannot be a distraction but I know a few models that seem honestly happy when I arrive. I assume it is because they know I won't be rude, offensive or insulting. And I tip, not a lot usually, but I appreciate that their time is valuable.

Reactions: Brit

I can tell you that it's absolutely normal for a cam model to want you to keep her company. Tokens (or GOLD, as it's called on some sites) and good conversation are what we enjoy. I enjoy it when familiar names (of members who actually say hi and chat) enter my room, even if they aren't tipping that night. I like having real conversations beyond "Do u squirt? Why no lush?"...that last more than 10 seconds.

Those models you're referring to probably like having you in their room because they enjoy your conversation...you're one of the good guys...and they know that you do tip when you can.

But getting jealous when a member mentions dates he's been on? Lol. That wouldn't happen with me because I don't have crushes on cam site members, and we're not going to date. This isn't Tinder. The only issue I'd have with a member talking about other women is if 1) he's in my room advertising/discussing other cam models (Which is tacky and rude)...or 2) he's in my room complaining/talking shit about his "fat wife." (Husband of the Year right there).

I can tell you that it's absolutely normal for a cam model to want you to keep her company. Tokens (or GOLD, as it's called on some sites) and good conversation are what we enjoy. I enjoy it when familiar names (of members who actually say hi and chat) enter my room, even if they aren't tipping that night. I like having real conversations beyond "Do u squirt? Why no lush?"...that last more than 10 seconds.

Those models you're referring to probably like having you in their room because they enjoy your conversation...you're one of the good guys...and they know that you do tip when you can.

But getting jealous when a member mentions dates he's been on? Lol. That wouldn't happen with me because I don't have crushes on cam site members, and we're not going to date. This isn't Tinder. The only issue I'd have with a member talking about other women is if 1) he's in my room advertising/discussing other cam models (Which is tacky and rude)...or 2) he's in my room complaining/talking shit about his "fat wife." (Husband of the Year right there).
Oh man, If I had a dollar for everytime I saw those kinds of husbands. Yea, I legit thought she had a crush on me despite the facts that we cannot meet under any circumstance. Thank god I never told her of my hook ups.

Oh man, If I had a dollar for everytime I saw those kinds of husbands. Yea, I legit thought she had a crush on me despite the facts that we cannot meet under any circumstance. Thank god I never told her of my hook ups.

I've heard that some models get jealous like that, and act like the member owes her exclusivity or something. There are also tons of threads on here about members getting hustled by models from foreign areas, and "love cons." I'm not saying you guys shouldn't go to rooms of foreign models. You should absolutely visit the rooms of models you're attracted to...whose rooms you enjoy.

But I'm really glad to hear that you're aware of this stuff, and that you don't seem to be allowing yourself to get hustled like so many others who've posted on here. Some of these guys are like hypnotized by a gorgeous face and sweet nothings whispered in his ear (or constant sob stories), and they go crazy and are ready to spend their savings on these models. Blow your load, but don't blow your entire life savings. 😂

Yea, thats my motto for cam sites right there. To be honest, i have fantasies about taking a cam girl out on a city, take them to dinner and a movie just cuz they're really nice and all, but they're called fantasies for a reason lol.

There are members I really get along with and am genuinely excited to see them. There won't be any awkward small talk, and we probably share a similar interest/hobby we can geek out over. It does help with cam shifts. I've observed I get more attention/traffic if I'm engaging in conversation. When I was lower in placement (several pages back), there were regs I would ask to come to visit chit-chat so I didn't appear bored or struggle to make fake conversation.

Well as long as I'm making their day ,far beyond dumping my wallet on them, I guess its worth it. Its actually a nice feeling, not gonna lie. If I can make their time better and put a smile on their face, I'm all for it.

Reactions: AudriTwo
I'm sad to announce that the first example was in fact a love scam. I was having a conversation with her about love scams being a thing which is why I dont come to streamate as often as I do anymore, and then she later confessed to doing it. To make matters worse, she also admitted she has a boyfriend, and she only pretended to be affectionate towards me just to see if I'll spend crazy on her. She must of had a guilty conscience or something. Either way, I'm about to delete my SM account. That honestly just made me very depressed.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: Jay_Storm and Brit
I'm sad to announce that the first example was in fact a love scam. I was having a conversation with her about love scams being a thing which is why I dont come to streamate as often as I do anymore, and then she later confessed to doing it. To make matters worse, she also admitted she has a boyfriend, and she only pretended to be affectionate towards me just to see if I'll spend crazy on her. She must of had a guilty conscience or something. Either way, I'm about to delete my SM account. That honestly just made me very depressed.
Deleting your account is probably for the best.

It's not a dating site and you are not only kidding yourself but endangering both the site and the cam models you interact with by treating it as one. The laws are being enforced strictly now and unfortunately some models don't understand that either and are being permanently banned and losing their income.

Exactly, I had enough. I think this is the 6th attempt, and now I've just about had enough. I dunno why I keep running into this. I was only being cool with them and all, but now I just about lost my patience at this point. My experience on camsites shouldnt have to be me being subjected to 6 failed scam attempts

Deleting your account is probably for the best.

It's not a dating site and you are not only kidding yourself but endangering both the site and the cam models you interact with by treating it as one. The laws are being enforced strictly now and unfortunately some models don't understand that either and are being permanently banned and losing their income.
Also for the record, I dont treat it as such. I stated earlier that I'm aware it isnt

Exactly, I had enough. I think this is the 6th attempt, and now I've just about had enough. I dunno why I keep running into this. I was only being cool with them and all, but now I just about lost my patience at this point. My experience on camsites shouldnt have to be me being subjected to 6 failed scam attempts

Out of curiosity, these 6 attempts...where were the models from?

I reread your first post in this thread and your post after that. Maybe I'm missing something here, but the girl in the first example (from what you've told us) doesn't sound like she really did anything wrong? So she referred to you as "my love," and said she's lonely when you're not in the room. What's so bad about that? That doesn't scream "love scam" to me. She hasn't said anything about wanting to meet in person...wanting to be in a relationship with you...etc. Of all the behavior you've described from these models, the only thing that really stood out to me as suspicious was the model in the second example acting jealous when you mention dating women. Lol.

I used to have an MFC regular who'd say "Love ya!" to me every night before I logged off, and I'd say it back. 🤷‍♀️ He knew I wasn't trying to fuck him or date him. I don't say stuff like that anymore, because some members will misinterpret that to mean something deeper than it really is.

I think you're overreacting a bit at Model #1 admitting to you that she has a boyfriend, and was being extra sweet to you to convince you to spend.

Reactions: rockin_rod

These just seem like marketing tactics to me 🤷‍♀️

Honestly it just sounds like they want to try to upsell you when you're there and you're reading waaay too much into this. If you feel like hanging out in their rooms, hang out and see what happens.

The previous ones used "my love" before so thats why I was already getting skiddish and apprehensive. Thats why I wanted to get opinions and thoughts about it here. I was happy with the answers if anything before she admitted the whole thing was a "Psuedo-GFE" (might explain why she messages me quite a bit whenever I'm not online wondering why I'm not there and that she felt "very lonely" without me). Maybe my definition for love scam in this scenario is a bit off here, but thats how i felt.

The second model, yea that was still weird. Like, Im not allowed to interact with women IRL or else she'll get pissy about it.

The previous ones used "my love" before so thats why I was already getting skiddish and apprehensive. Thats why I wanted to get opinions and thoughts about it here. I was happy with the answers if anything before she admitted the whole thing was a "Psuedo-GFE" (might explain why she messages me quite a bit whenever I'm not online wondering why I'm not there and that she felt "very lonely" without me). Maybe my definition for love scam in this scenario is a bit off here, but thats how i felt.

The second model, yea that was still weird. Like, Im not allowed to interact with women IRL or else she'll get pissy about it.
The use of 'my love', 'dear', 'honey' etc are so common and often come from translators. I found after chatting with Russian girls for a while that I tend to write 'dear' a lot, when I would never previously have done that, it's just using the same terms as they do. But it does not have the same meaning, it is a familiar greeting term. Best to not take it literally.
In the same way, some models can be prone to saying 'I love you', especially after some decent tipping or a good private show. But it is really expressing gratitude, and appreciation. Same as when I say 'I love coffee'. Yes, I enjoy it, look forward to it, and really miss it when I can't have it, but I'm not seeking a close personal relationship with it :)

The use of 'my love', 'dear', 'honey' etc are so common and often come from translators. I found after chatting with Russian girls for a while that I tend to write 'dear' a lot, when I would never previously have done that, it's just using the same terms as they do. But it does not have the same meaning, it is a familiar greeting term. Best to not take it literally.
In the same way, some models can be prone to saying 'I love you', especially after some decent tipping or a good private show. But it is really expressing gratitude, and appreciation. Same as when I say 'I love coffee'. Yes, I enjoy it, look forward to it, and really miss it when I can't have it, but I'm not seeking a close personal relationship with it :)

“My love” comes up a lot in these kinds of threads as a source of confusion for members, but as you noted, it’s not supposed to be interpreted romantically. In some cultures it’s just a standard, friendly greeting. Colombian models, for example, might call you “my love” from the second you enter their rooms. It’s not a scam attempt, it’s just their friendly way of saying hi.

“I love you” is a little harder to read, but again, some people use it without any romantic intent whatsoever. Think of it like this: a singer plays a sold-out concert for a great audience. At the end, out of gratitude, they say “I love you Cleveland!” I could see a model saying “I love you” to a tipper for the same reason… as a way of showing appreciation for a particularly good customer that they’d like to see return.

Status
Not open for further replies.