AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I continue camming? need your opinion

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zoeie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 4, 2016
Hello everyone! First of all let me tell you that it is an amazing and very helpful forum, even tho I am quite new here, as well as I am new in webcaming in general.

Anyway, I want to hear your opinion if I should camming at all or not. So here is my situation:
1) first of all I am quite shy;
2)I have only 2 (sometimes 3) hours a day to work on cam;
3) I can work only around 6 - 11 am EST time (I am from Europe, also have to study and other important stuff to do);
4) I don't need much tho, just to pay my rent, which is around 400-450 dollars a month;
5) my English is not perfect, but I speak kinda ok, cos most of the time in real life I speak english;
6) I do not want to do any extreme stuff on cam (masturbation is my limit I guess);
7) I think I am quite funny, but also sometimes can be sarcastic, which is not good thing for flirting :D ;
8) I am desperate and do not have plan B right now (I just moved to a new country and need time to learn language and stuff to find a job, also I am an artist, which makes everything more complicated)..

Ah! and my camscore on MFC is below 500 .. But I really don't like Chaturbate (looks too extreme to me), but consider SM.

Should I keep trying?
Thank you for any advices, critic and opinions in advance,

(and sorry for my english)

I think it all depends on your goals, how well members return to revisit you, and how well your cam skills have developed over time. Nothing on your list indicates that you can't do well with camming.

Keep the sarcasm it can be really entertaining when done playfully, with humour.

If you like mfc stick with it! If you don't switch then switch sites. Mfc is hard to start on, pretty much everyone can agree to that. There are guys that love shy/sarcastic girls so don't worry about it. If mfc is too slow for you to pay bills add another site like sm. That way you can log onto mfc for awhile (because regularity is key) and if it is slow after an hour or so then switch. Since you said your new focus on getting regulars and not camscore. Once you start getting regulars then your score will go up.

First: do not ever publicly tell people in the cam world you are desperate. Privately to cam ladies only is one thing, but publicly to members is like putting a "please take advantage of me" sign on your back. As you may now know this isn't easy money or an easy job. If you're desperate it looks good but keep in mind this job also affects your future.

There have been non nude models on chaturbate so I wouldn't discount it. I think it just looks scummy on the surface lol.

With a 500 cam score I am unsure if the traffic is what you need it to be? If it is, and you enjoy camming keep going. Imy impression is you just aren't getting the traffic on mfc right now and while that can be changed if you're hard up you may want to look into alternative sites like chaturbate or SM.

All kinds of personalities work for camming. I was super shy when I started. I have the sarcasm monster and wouldn't understand flirting even if it was wrapped up with a bow. I do okay, and I know that can be said of many gals.

Things to consider: cam quality, lighting, and where you are camming. Of these are not A + it can be difficult to cam.

You wrote: " also I am an artist, which makes everything more complicated).."

I don't know what kind of artist you are, but for example Alicebiscuit is doing very well with singing / dancing and being non nude....

In my view don't try to chase the mainstream like sexy body, big boobs or so, maybe better try to be special and maybe you can integrate your art in your shows and you find a niche audience of returning members who like what you do and tip you enough....
But can take some time so maybe also look for other options / sites as a back up plan..

:)

Thank you very much, those are very helpful advices, also you cheered me up ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Kinky_Casey
Status
Not open for further replies.