AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I lower prices to save my cam score?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starj50

Cam Model
Jan 7, 2018
I still have the new tag on MFC (sorry, I can't link to my MFC profile because due to privacy and wanting to keep a low profile).

Currently I start clothed and will do something like countdown 2,000 to take shirt off (bra underneath), 2000 countdown to take bottoms off etc... In order to hit these countdowns I have several items i list in my room topic as well as a game in order to move things along but it's hard when there's not a lot of people in my room. However I do have a very extensive tip menu that ranges from 50 tokens to probably nearly 10k and have lots of choices for tippers of every budget. However I don't do toys, masturbate or get fully naked.

From browsing the other new girls it seems to be much more expensive than what most of the other new girls are charging however many are in areas with a lower cost of living than me.

However, I live in one of the most expensive area in the U.S and I currently make $25 an hour at my current day job (which is considered not great for the area that I live in).... So I would need to earn a minimum of $250 a day at this to make it worth my while.... However, I do realize that everyone has a slow start and that we all start with a 1000 cam score....and that it is going to take a lot of time and effort to get to where I want.

Should I lower my prices a bit in order to get some more regulars etc before raising them up? My cam score is taking a hit as I am barely getting any tokens but what I'll do is log off and wait a few hours and log on again because I don't want to stay logged on if I'm not getting tokens as it's affecting my score.

I've done research before going live so I have one of the best cameras (Logitech 920), I have professional softbox lighting that I spent $70 on, I have countdowns, a game (but no one wants to play), I try really chat and talk to people in my chat viewers with my voice (not just typing) and always initiate conversations, topics etc.

I try to look engaged as well and keep the energy up but it's hard to keep the energy up and not be depressed if there's few people in your room. I've also tried not sitting down as I hear that's boring but dancing around, laughing etc so it doesn't look like I'm dead but it's still hard to get people in my room. If it's this bad with the new tag I can only imagine how much worse it will be once it wears off.

I work from home for my dayjob as well and as such I've been able to watch models all day long while working in order to research how they are working the room, how they are doing countdowns, how they are engaging the crowd, the games they play etc. I have it running on another pc while I work so I think I watched maybe 30-40 hours of this if not more and I still can't seem to get it right!

I am afraid that if my score is very low after the new tag is gone I may never be able to recover ever as well.
So my question is : Are my countdown prices too high and should I lower them for now?

I am aware of MFC being harder for newbies but I'm not really interested in doing Streamate at the moment. I am just more drawn to MFC because of the social aspect.

Should I do something crazy like Olivia4naked used to do and wear a costume and perform/sing etc ? I thought about doing something like that but what if no one comes in my room? lol She is my hero and I would like my show to eventually evolve to something like hers instead of countdowns to strip etc... but don't know if I should go for it now or wait until I have more regulars?

Also, this question is for models only, if you are not a model please do not respond.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AllyVixen
I feel like if you are having trouble making your countdowns then yes, maybe lowering them is a good choice.
Keep in mind that your traffic will increase once you are topless or naked. That's my perspective, at least- I'm a very naked/public show camgirl. Girls that are more tease oriented might have other advice.

As for the OP, I'm sorry I just briefly went over your message b/c I'm on my way out but I will give a short answer and once I get the chance I'll give a more thorough one.

You can of course price things for what you feel it is worth. It looks like you did good research before starting which is awesome but you can do everything right to a T and still need time to find your niche. Consistency is key. Be on always at the same time but don't limit yourself to that. If you want to test out other times do so but keep your main time. Over time the regulars will stick.

When I started I kept my counts lower than they are now. I believe I did 500 for each thing of clothes but quickly moved it to 1000 for shirt then same for pants. I raise it and lower my goals depending on how fast I want the count to go and how many regs are on line at the time. Just don't sell yourself short. I see too many give so much away for so little because they think that's what works but really that sets you up for cheap rude members to take over your room.

Sorry if this doesn't help. ><

Reactions: AllyVixen and Gen
Then why isn't it in the models only section?

I would prefer to actually only post in the models section and not in the general area at all where members can read but I don't have enough posts yet in order to apply to post in the models section.

If you're not a fully naked model, it might just be best to study up on other tease style models who are doing well at it. It might help to keep your full goal in mind, but break it down into smaller increments. If your room isn't full of premiums, a 4 or 5 digit countdown might be hard to collect even if people want to tip for it. A 500 or 700 goal is something they can trust will be completed or that they can tip in full if they really want it. Keep in mind that if getting down to a bra and panties is as far as you're going that you can cover yourself if the tips and conversation slow down too much, and then put a countdown up again.

edit to add: since you have to post in the public area, it might be helpful to get perspectives from members who visit tease/topless/non-nude models.

Not knowing your model name makes it hard to see what you're doing, and view from a member perspective. For the most part, I tend to go with personality more than I do a pure nude countdown or oil/cum/shower show. Not that there's anything wrong with those. But, I'm one who really enjoys a good strip tease and sensuality. Mix in some good conversation, and it's something I'll probably come back to.

I've seen a mix of non-nude or topless only models have shows which range from mild teasing and chat to very well done shows with a lot of teasing, high energy, etc. The key is to find what meshes with your personality, you can do long-term, and will draw in members and want them to come back. That's the difficult part. Unsure if you're doing any twitter, instagram or other promotional stuff. But, if not, you might have a difficult time bringing new people in.

One of the best non-nude on cam models is kickaz. She does do videos and photo sets which are nude, so there is an option there if it's something you'd rather do that way. If you haven't watched her show, might be worth watching for some ideas. She will remove clothes on cam. But, she uses a text box to cover and will do a lot of hand-bras or lighting effects to hide her nudity. There's some others who do okay. Just a matter of who does what, and what you want to try in your show.

It's also been pretty slow for a lot of models of late. I haven't been on near as much as I used to, as my schedule has gotten super crazy. Mostly, I'm on the check messages, and brief stop in and say "Hi" to any of the models I frequent who may be on at the moment. Sadly, I just don't have the time like I used to...

Best of luck to you. If you're up to it, PM me your model name and I'll do my best to stop in if you're online.

Yes, I have studies other models extensively including Kickaz. I've watched maybe 40 hours worth of shows and watched her show for a few hours yesterday as well as today. Alltogether I have watched at least 30 models including many non-nude ones. I already know what non-nude models do; it's just that I haven't attained regulars yet to sustain me. I have watched a few popular non-nude models as well and know their stick inside out...

I would prefer to do something like Oliva4Naked did (controversial performance art, dressing up like a terrorist etc) and have similar wild ideas but not sure if I should do them now or until I'm more established. Olivia is actually my hero when it comes to non-nude. KickAz is great and has excellent energy but it's hard to have energy when no one wants to stay in your room.

No, I am not PM'ing any members with my profile here ever. Again; only asking MODELS. That's why I posted in Ask A Model.

Is there a way to turn off the ability to see who enters the room and exits? I'd rather not see it all. Yes; I am aware this is how many members surf; they like to go in and out of rooms and I do the same but it annoys me. I'd rather not see who is going/in/or even present at all for now.

Last edited:
I figured out how to hide who is coming in and out of the room by just covering it with Notepad.

I am not interested in really teasing or enticing men; I like how Olivia created controversy by dressing up like Nazi, Taliban etc. She was a bit of a troll and did things on purpose for publicity; I feel like that's more style.

I am curious if anyone knows how successful she already was when she evolved to pulling all of those stunts? Was she like in the 300's rank wise or even lower etc? Did it shoot up overnight after her first stunt or was it a progression? I wasn't aware of MFC when she was around so I couldn't follow but from what I've seen youtube she is my hero. I already read all the Olivia threads on here btw. Someone mentioned she also started out as a meek model and eventually morphed into a force for views. How long was she camming before she hit it big?

Last edited:
What do you feel would be the benefit of not seeing potential spenders who enter your room? It sounds like you don't enjoy interacting with members. That would be a hard sell if you're nude and nearly impossible if you're not. Have you considered doing clips? That way you could do whatever sort of show you have in mind and just leave it to be purchased.

What do you feel would be the benefit of not seeing potential spenders who enter your room? It sounds like you don't enjoy interacting with members. That would be a hard sell if you're nude and nearly impossible if you're not. Have you considered doing clips? That way you could do whatever sort of show you have in mind and just leave it to be purchased.

I don't want them from this site as I like to post and be my true self without having to censor myself or watch what I say (which is what I would have to do if I list my MFC name/profile).

I can come across as very controversial/abrasive/aggressive/non-sweet and I want to keep that away from my MFC profile.

I figured out how to hide who is coming in and out of the room by just covering it with Notepad.

I am not interested in really teasing or enticing men; I like how Olivia created controversy by dressing up like Nazi, Taliban etc. She was a bit of a troll and did things on purpose for publicity; I feel like that's more style.

I am curious if anyone knows how successful she already was when she evolved to pulling all of those stunts? Was she like in the 300's rank wise or even lower etc? Did it shoot up overnight after her first stunt or was it a progression? I wasn't aware of MFC when she was around so I couldn't follow but from what I've seen youtube she is my hero. I already read all the Olivia threads on here btw. Someone mentioned she also started out as a meek model and eventually morphed into a force for views. How long was she camming before she hit it big?

Olivia was once asked how her shows came about. Her answer was interesting. She was doing topless tease shows and her camscore was around 1200 and going nowhere. So, figuring she had nothing to lose, she decided to change. She said she decided to be as outrageous as she could be, within MFC's limits. That's when things began to take off. But, it took about 6 months for her to get into the top 100.

But it wasn't just her shows that made her room work. She was streaming music and typing instead of talking. Many members don't like that but others do, but it added to the energy in the room. She would get members into tipping competitions. Her expressions and actions were bigger than life - almost theatrical. And lots of energy, lots and lots of energy.

I don't want them from this site as I like to post and be my true self without having to censor myself or watch what I say (which is what I would have to do if I list my MFC name/profile).

I can come across as very controversial/abrasive/aggressive/non-sweet and I want to keep that away from my MFC profile.
She was asking why you hide the usernames with post-it notes.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JickyJuly
I would prefer to actually only post in the models section and not in the general area at all where members can read but I don't have enough posts yet in order to apply to post in the models section.
Since you're trying to hide your cam name from the forum, I think you'll find it difficult to get verified here. Starting a new account with your cam name then building up your post count/signup time may be in your interest if you do in fact want in the MO section.

Otherwise posting solely in the public area is totally fine, too.

to one controversial/abrasive/aggressive/non-sweet to another, you should capitalize on that.

She was asking why you hide the usernames with post-it notes.

I don't hide it with post it notes. I hide it with the Notepad program from my PC. I hide it because it distracts me when I see people going in and out of my room. I explained that in my OP; it affects me when I see people leaving or going in and leaving even though I am aware that's how people browse. It affects me psychologically and puts a damper on my mood and affects my interactions. I act more natural and happier when I don't see who is leaving or how low my room count is.

Since you're trying to hide your cam name from the forum, I think you'll find it difficult to get verified here. Starting a new account with your cam name then building up your post count/signup time may be in your interest if you do in fact want in the MO section.

Otherwise posting solely in the public area is totally fine, too.

Would it not be possible to PM you that info instead of posting publicly.

Would prefer you just follow the same process all other verified models have followed. There are reasons I do things the way that I do. Apologies if they don't jive with your style.

We don't really do secret identities in the model's only forum. I understand wanting to keep your posts hidden from the members at large, which is why I suggest being open only in Models Only. That is what that section is for. Not only does it offer a plethora of advice, but it is also a free place to be a little more open and honest. Which is why there are safeguards in place to ensure that only verified models are allowed access.

Attaching cam identities to forum posts is what helps forge the trust needed to have a secret corner for ourselves. It is what lets us open up a little more, and feel free to ask real questions and receive real answers. Without identities attached, there is no way to hold someone accountable. And honestly, I know a lot of models who would feel uncomfy about having a secret model in their midst. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a place where we can be ourselves - having someone who insists on wearing a mask. I know I'm not the only one uncomfy at the idea.

We have plenty of abrasive models who are welcome in models only, because we are adults who try to act accordingly. Even when we disagree, we try to do so respectfully. That's the big thing. We like all types of models, and there are plenty of us who understand acting one way for members and another way in RL. Just act your sweet, cam self in the public forum. And be more of yourself in the model's only section.

Genuinely curious how you converse with members if you block the list of people in your room. I'm not judging because I can see how seeing people come and go would produce anxiety. Do you wait for members to speak in chat first and only answer when they post?

We don't really do secret identities in the model's only forum. I understand wanting to keep your posts hidden from the members at large, which is why I suggest being open only in Models Only. That is what that section is for. Not only does it offer a plethora of advice, but it is also a free place to be a little more open and honest. Which is why there are safeguards in place to ensure that only verified models are allowed access.

Attaching cam identities to forum posts is what helps forge the trust needed to have a secret corner for ourselves. It is what lets us open up a little more, and feel free to ask real questions and receive real answers. Without identities attached, there is no way to hold someone accountable. And honestly, I know a lot of models who would feel uncomfy about having a secret model in their midst. That kind of defeats the purpose of having a place where we can be ourselves - having someone who insists on wearing a mask. I know I'm not the only one uncomfy at the idea.

We have plenty of abrasive models who are welcome in models only, because we are adults who try to act accordingly. Even when we disagree, we try to do so respectfully. That's the big thing. We like all types of models, and there are plenty of us who understand acting one way for members and another way in RL. Just act your sweet, cam self in the public forum. And be more of yourself in the model's only section.

Honestly there’s more than enough info in the free forum if you know how to search so I think I’m ok for now.

Genuinely curious how you converse with members if you block the list of people in your room. I'm not judging because I can see how seeing people come and go would produce anxiety. Do you wait for members to speak in chat first and only answer when they post?

I am not responding to members or here to answer your question. I’m posting in Ask A Model. If you’re not a model don’t respond.

I am not responding to members or here to answer your question. I’m posting in Ask A Model. If you’re not a model don’t respond.

well to be fair, he is the demographic you are attempting to sell your shows too. He also brought up a very very valid point.

but your attitude has been kind of crappy here. maybe that could be why your not doing so hot? it can negatively reflect on cam by having a bad room energy to microexpressions that can be offputing.

Honestly there’s more than enough info in the free forum if you know how to search so I think I’m ok for now.
I'm very glad you feel that way. Happy you've found helpfulness in ACF even just in the public areas.

I'm not responding to OP in any fashion. So she (if she's actually a she, no proof of that whatsoever really is there?) won't be bothered to tell me i'm not a model and I shouldn't ask her a question.

But from having read all these, I do agree it's probably a good idea for her to not actually say her MFC name here. She'd probably lose more potential customers. I'd put her on ignore/hide instantly.

Yeah, I'd recommend lowering your goals a bit, at least until you get some more regs built up, just because the slowed momentum from not hitting goals can be really hard to counteract after a few shows (possible

Not an MFC model, but a CB model, so it may be a totally different thing, but...I almost never check my viewer list. It's in a separate tab on CB so it's inconvenient to check often. It hasn't seemed to cause me any problems with people not feeling interacted with--I just let my regs let me know when they're there with a hello, or whatever, and then I greet them accordingly. I know it may be different on MFC, and maybe greeting people upon entering my room is something that is hindering me without my realizing it, but from everything I've seen, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Reactions: CoffeeKnight
Yeah, I'd recommend lowering your goals a bit, at least until you get some more regs built up, just because the slowed momentum from not hitting goals can be really hard to counteract after a few shows (possible

Not an MFC model, but a CB model, so it may be a totally different thing, but...I almost never check my viewer list. It's in a separate tab on CB so it's inconvenient to check often. It hasn't seemed to cause me any problems with people not feeling interacted with--I just let my regs let me know when they're there with a hello, or whatever, and then I greet them accordingly. I know it may be different on MFC, and maybe greeting people upon entering my room is something that is hindering me without my realizing it, but from everything I've seen, it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.
Yeah it was an innocent question because I don't know what the broadcaster window is like other than it is different than what I have as a member. If I put something over the room list I would only see people when they typed in chat.

But I have had my fill of drama threads for a while and the OP isn't interested in questions or opinions of non models so I'm going to wish her well and stay out of her way. lol

I'm very glad you feel that way. Happy you've found helpfulness in ACF even just in the public areas.

Most of the info needed to cam are available if I just search site:ambercutie.com "topic here" in Google. I think the main benefit of the model section is that the topics are in one place and the fact that there aren't any members there but even with just the info in the public forum it was easy to figure out somewhat how cam score works, the importance of regulars (working at the same time), which camera was good, figuring out my lighting set up, who Oliva4Naked was and even "insider info" like all of the games, countdown ideas, background ideas (string lights etc) are all out in the open in older threads. .

• Helpful!
Reactions: AmberCutie
I think the main benefit of the model section
Yeah, there's a ton of info in the public areas, the MO sections have a lot of trusted camaraderie and more inner-community advice/note sharing (which is why it is protected as such). Anyone coming into the camming world can get a plethora of info just from the public areas and the cam girl wiki.

• Helpful!
Reactions: AllyVixen
Status
Not open for further replies.