AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Should I Wait?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymph3tte

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 15, 2016
Twitter Username
@nymph3tte
MFC Username
nymph3tte
Hello cuties!

So, I've been wanting to start camming for a few months, now. I live with my mother and, luckily for me, she is very open-minded and is okay with me doing it, so I don't have to worry about having to hide it from her. I also have a good quantity of sex toys and sets of lingerie, as well as a Logitech c920. Long story short, I have more than enough to start immediately.

But I've been putting it off for a few reasons, and I was wondering if you guys could help me because I haven't been able to find the answers to my questions yet.

• What do you do when you're on your period?
I wanted to start this week, but... Something else wanted to start this week, apparently. I'm not worried about anything showing, but I'm curious as to what types of shows other vagina owners put on for their viewers during shark week. Spank shows and oil shows are the only ones I can think of, but there has to be more... right?

• What did you do on your first day?
I've been watching a lot of camgirls recently to try and gather up as many show ideas as I can, but I have yet to see a girl's very first show. How did yours go and should I start simple before jumping into the whole shows/games/apps/bots scene?

• Should I wait until August is over before starting?
I've heard that work is slow during the summer for camgirls. Since August is almost over, should I wait until it is completely over before starting? Or does it not matter as much for new girls because of the new broadcaster status?

Also, I will be starting on Chaturbate since I've heard that MFC is a bit too complicated for newbies.

Hello cuties!

So, I've been wanting to start camming for a few months, now. I live with my mother and, luckily for me, she is very open-minded and is okay with me doing it, so I don't have to worry about having to hide it from her. I also have a good quantity of sex toys and sets of lingerie, as well as a Logitech c920. Long story short, I have more than enough to start immediately.

But I've been putting it off for a few reasons, and I was wondering if you guys could help me because I haven't been able to find the answers to my questions yet.

I wanted to start this week, but... Something else wanted to start this week, apparently. I'm not worried about anything showing, but I'm curious as to what types of shows other vagina owners put on for their viewers during shark week. Spank shows and oil shows are the only ones I can think of, but there has to be more... right?

I've been watching a lot of camgirls recently to try and gather up as many show ideas as I can, but I have yet to see a girl's very first show. How did yours go and should I start simple before jumping into the whole shows/games/apps/bots scene?

I've heard that work is slow during the summer for camgirls. Since August is almost over, should I wait until it is completely over before starting? Or does it not matter as much for new girls because of the new broadcaster status?

Also, I will be starting on Chaturbate since I've heard that MFC is a bit too complicated for newbies.
I've heard that you can prevent your period by taking certain meds.

I've heard that you can prevent your period by taking certain meds.

That's true! I'm just a bit skeptical as to how safe or good it is for your body, so I've never tried it. I'm going to see my doctor in a few hours, so I'll ask her. :)

From a member perspective I would say wait until your period is over and you can do all what you want to do.

With camming you need a bit of luck to find regulars who will tip you on an ongoing base and you will have a kind of new girl promotion period, so maybe better you can show from the start all you have to offer.

Just my opinion...

:)

As far as the period goes, common solutions are:

Cut tampon string very short, tuck it up there

Use Softcups (a disposable menstrual cup)

Use sea sponges or makeup sponges

For full penetration, sponges are best. For shallow penetration or non-penetration shows (clit play only, oil/lotion, shower, etc), all options are equally suitable.

For starters, a basic countdown (top off, fully nude, show, etc) until you get familiar with the apps & bots would be fine.

Waiting till the month is over? Up to you. New model status isn't such a big deal on Chaturbate, and the sooner you start, the sooner you gain followers and make money.

From a member perspective I would say wait until your period is over and you can do all what you want to do.

Oh, absolutely! I meant it more as in, like, later on - I doubt camgirls skip an entire week of work every month because they're on their period.

For starters, a basic countdown (top off, fully nude, show, etc) until you get familiar with the apps & bots would be fine.

Waiting till the month is over? Up to you. New model status isn't such a big deal on Chaturbate, and the sooner you start, the sooner you gain followers and make money.

Thank you Saffron!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Another suggestion for when you ride the cotton pony: Beautiful Agony shows. These are shows in which just your face and shoulders are framed while you masturbate and orgasm. The video versions of this are usually very popular!

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Another suggestion for when you ride the cotton pony: Beautiful Agony shows. These are shows in which just your face and shoulders are framed while you masturbate and orgasm. The video versions of this are usually very popular!

Ah, I hadn't thought about that! That's a great idea, thanks!
(Also, I have to admit that "riding the cotton pony" made me giggle)

Reactions: RubyClaire27
I'm on a birth control where I only get one period every three months. If you are interested in that I suggest asking your doctor about it :)

I did, actually! Yesterday! :p She said that I could try it, but that it can cause severe cramps and that since I'm already on a specific kind of painkillers for severe period cramps, it could suck real bad. So I'm debating. But I'm not that worried about my period, honestly - I just don't want to have it on my very first show, because I want to be able to do anything, y'know? I don't wanna have to be like "sorry guys, I literally cannot shove anything up my coochie right now, so come back in a week if that's what you're looking for!"

As of your first day on cam my only advice is... take your time doing every little thing. Take advantage of the fact that you are new. They have never seen you before and they have never seen you naked. Take the time to build up some anticipation: don't jump straight into doing flashes, nudity goals, nude videos and photo sets, etc. Let them get to know you first, build some excitement. The more you delay showing nudity the more excited they will be to see you.

Likewise, just because you did show topless one day it doesn't mean you need to also go bottomless or do a cum show on the same day or week. Drag these things out as much as possible so every time you show something new it is a big deal. Take advantage of the fact that you are a novelty.

What to do instead? Be a real person! Tell them about you, be personable and relatable and most importantly: have fun. It shows on cam when you are enjoying yourself. Show off your body while clothed, do a goal for a sexy dance. Let them ask you about yourself, your life, your dreams, your sexual history if you are bold enough, etc.

Start whenever you feel like it and stop whenever you feel like it.
That's basically the beauty of being a camming!

I don't think you have to start off with a lot of actions...just sit there and look pretty
Play some chill music, and wait for viewers to come in (although if you're naked, you might gain viewers quicker)
Contradict to the above, if you show your goods too quickly, you lose some of your "tip goals", such as taking pice of clothing off.

And just start chatting with your viewers. You'll really meet some nice people too!

I don't think you have to start off with a lot of actions...just sit there and look pretty

I personally don't enjoy watching models (girls and guys alike!) who just "sit there and look pretty" to be completely honest. Unless you're talking about doing that while waiting for viewers and tips to come in, of course.

I feel like being myself and replicating what I personally enjoy watching would work better for me. But thank you for your input! :p

Reactions: Gen
Honestly periods arent a big deal with camming. And idk about you but I definitely dont wanna go a whole week without making money hehe

I use soft cups and they are awesome! I have done hardcore penetration shows with one in. No leaks!!

• Helpful!
Reactions: marlasinger
Honestly periods arent a big deal with camming. And idk about you but I definitely dont wanna go a whole week without making money hehe

I use soft cups and they are awesome! I have done hardcore penetration shows with one in. No leaks!!

Not OP but I've heard many girls talk about the softcup! I guess I'll have to try it out next time I'm on my period. It sounds easy enough once you get the hang of it but I'm having major flashbacks to the first time I tried to use a tampon and could NOT get it out for hours. One might say I'm a bit tight haha.

Reactions: alexa_voltage
During my friend's shark week, she doesn't do too much penetration. Usually like rubbing and maybe light finger play. Oil shows are good too like you mentioned in your first post. It's kinda funny because yesterday was a day during her shark week and I found out midway through, so I just asked if she could suck on a toy. I'm sure you'll find with experimentation and time what works for you :)

So, guys... Today was officially my first day and I have a pretty thick skin but I'm not gonna lie, I want to cry right now because of how mindbogglingly horrible it went. So horrible, in fact, that my real-life friend who is also a camgirl, told me that something must have not worked on the technical side of things for it to go this bad.

Long story short: I was on for 4 hours and made a total of 3.10$, was verbally abused in private messages and never had more than 9 people in my room at the same time.

Only two people tipped. Only one person talked to me. I have a Logitech c920, good lighting, a nice background, I was playing music and moving around... and I was only wearing a bra and a skirt. All of that, on top of having new camgirl status. Yet, I never once had more than 9 people in my room at the same time. Some creepy grandpas who don't even speak have more people in their rooms than that.

The guy who tipped me the most amount of tokens was chatting with me privately and, at one point, told me that I should show my ass. I told him that the price for a booty flash was 30 tokens, after which he told me that I would "need to work harder than that to get attention from him" a.k.a that I should basically flash my ass for free. I refused to do it and he left my room. The only guy who spoke to me also had to leave, so I was basically left with seven people who did not tip or talk at all. I had to cut my broadcast short because I was literally starting to lose my mind.

Is Chaturbate ever glitchy? Because I'm pretty sure something technical went wrong. I shouldn't have only had 9 viewers. It makes zero sense.

So, yeah. I'm going to hop back on tomorrow and hope that things go by a lot more smoothly. Wish me luck. Right now, though, I need to go have a good ol' ugly cry in the bathtub.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gen and Phoenix4987
Hang in there girl! Things will definitely get better. You're cute and you have the right equipment, it just may take some time to find out what works, what days are better for which sites, etc. You took the first step and that's a big one.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nymph3tte
Hang in there girl! Things will definitely get better. You're cute and you have the right equipment, it just may take some time to find out what works, what days are better for which sites, etc. You took the first step and that's a big one.

I mean thanks, dude, but... I see new girls everyday with 100+ people in their room with bad lighting, a shitty webcam and no audio, so... I'm pretty sure something went wrong and it's not just me.

First of all, welcome!

Second, you may want to get verified here so you will have access to Models Only section (here's info how to do that).

Last, but not least, it's not only you, who experienced this lately. I can't really tell what's going on, but girls on other forum confirmed that their room count is lower than it used to be. Maybe the change in room placement they had recently? It used to be based on viewers, now it's based on viewers with tokens. My room count used to be +50, now it's miracle when I have 20...

• Hugs
First of all, welcome!

Second, you may want to get verified here so you will have access to Models Only section (here's info how to do that).

Last, but not least, it's not only you, who experienced this lately. I can't really tell what's going on, but girls on other forum confirmed that their room count is lower than it used to be. Maybe the change in room placement they had recently? It used to be based on viewers, now it's based on viewers with tokens. My room count used to be +50, now it's miracle when I have 20...

Thank you! I'll most likely post my verification info tomorrow.

And ugh, that stinks. Maybe my friend got lucky because she started back in May. I'll still log in tomorrow and Friday and see if things get better - if they don't, I'll most likely switch to MyFreeCams!

Is Chaturbate ever glitchy? Because I'm pretty sure something technical went wrong. I shouldn't have only had 9 viewers. It makes zero sense.

I remember seeing a thread a while back where a model said she had a similar problem where every time she logged in she had almost no viewers. She made another account and then with the exact same set up as before suddenly she had lots of people in her room.

I have no idea if it was just a coincidence but she came to the conclusion that there was some kind of bug and that her original account wasn't showing properly on the home page. I tried a quick search to link the thread but I couldn't find it. Anyway if the same thing happens again next time you try then it may be something to consider.

I remember seeing a thread a while back where a model said she had a similar problem where every time she logged in she had almost no viewers. She made another account and then with the exact same set up as before suddenly she had lots of people in her room.

Thanks for the heads up. I might try to make a new account if things don't get better.

I know you didn't ask about this, and I am sure you did your research...but here is some unsolicited (everyone's favorite kind) advice!

Try out some other sites when you are first starting out to prevent wasting time on the wrong one. I cringe every time I see a new model say they are starting out on Chaturbate. If you do a search here you will see they are the least professional camsite out there. They have a habit of banning models for random bullshit reasons, not paying them promptly, and taking forever to resolve issues. I know this is not true for some models, but the amount of models that it is true for is alarming to me!

Streamate is a no pressure site and pretty good for someone just starting out since it's pretty basic (no apps/bots/etc). It is also a pretty awesome site when you are a new model because the new model status does make a difference there! If you ever decide to venture or experiment with sites you should check them out!

Once you get verified model status you will see a lot more information on these types of things!

I mean thanks, dude, but... I see new girls everyday with 100+ people in their room with bad lighting, a shitty webcam and no audio, so... I'm pretty sure something went wrong and it's not just me.

I suspect its easier said than done, but I've seen so many cam girls burn out the second they start to compare themselves to other models. Its a vicious cycle you don't wanna get sucked in to, innit. While its understandable that you would feel shitty that you're not earning what some of the other girls are earning (or some of the "old grampas"), the second it starts to show that you feel entitled to tokens purely for doing x, y, and z - unless you're doing the whole "entitled brat fantasy" thing - members will pick up on that and be even less inclined to tip. And then the less they tip the worse you'll feel and the more you let it show that you're annoyed at not being tipped, the easier it will be for members to justify not tipping you. And that's a rut that many models never climb out of. So avoid it if you can, yeah?

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A LOW ROOM COUNT AND YOU THINK THIS IS STRANGE, PLEASE REFRESH YOUR ROOM.

Chaturbate is NOTORIOUSLY glitchy.

Reactions: Gen and EmiliaSong
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A LOW ROOM COUNT AND YOU THINK THIS IS STRANGE, PLEASE REFRESH YOUR ROOM.

It's been like that since yesterday. At one point I couldn't get on for about 5 to 10 mins....

Hello cuties!

What do you do when you're on your period?
> Take off that week (not recommended if you're new)
> Get on Birth Control you can stop or shorten your period this way (what i prefer to do because mines are heavy)
> Let your guys know there will be no penetration and do shows that don't require you to put something in your vagina
> If you're not a heavy bleeder invest in soft cups they come in a small rectangle box and ill allow you to at least finger

What did you do your first day?
I went to a local sex shop and brought a toy I like and knew I could use comfortably. I would suggest you buy a dildo (and a vibe if you have the money) that are the two most generic toys you'll need for camming. Once you get more comfortable you can by other toys you like or let the guys buy them for you. Once I got online (i worked at streammate at the time) I just let the guys tell me what they wish for me to do. If you are new they'll try to get anything out of you for cheap so watch out. Don't do things you aren't comfy with and don't let them cheap you out of anything. If you're working on a site like chaturbate just check out other models and see what you like. If anything use another models show as a template. Work it in a way that fits your show, your personality, and your capabilities.

Should I wait until august is over before starting?
You shouldn't do it unless you're totally comfy. Your first few days/weeks you won't make much but that's normal. Your first month should be solely on you figuring out what route you wanna go with your alter ego, prices, gaining clientele, and figuring out your capabilities.

Hope this helps,
Gena (aka Angelique Faris)

camming for about 3 years now

While its understandable that you would feel shitty that you're not earning what some of the other girls are earning (or some of the "old grampas"), the second it starts to show that you feel entitled to tokens purely for doing x, y, and z - unless you're doing the whole "entitled brat fantasy" thing - members will pick up on that and be even less inclined to tip. And then the less they tip the worse you'll feel and the more you let it show that you're annoyed at not being tipped, the easier it will be for members to justify not tipping you.

Except I didn't let it show. I kept smiling and chatting throughout the entire broadcast. I only let it get to me once the camera was off. I don't think I'm entitled to tokens - I just think it's ridiculous to earn 3.20$ in 4 hours.

I wish I'd known that sooner hahaha. Crap.

If you are new they'll try to get anything out of you for cheap so watch out.

Yeah... A guy paid me to PM him, asked me to call him daddy and then proceeded to get angry at me and exit my room for refusing to show my ass for free. He said I needed to "work harder" in order to earn tokens from him. I was like uh... excuse me but what?

Status
Not open for further replies.