AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Show Recordings

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2012
Currently there are a lot of different programs to record cam models.

While there is the issue of people posting these recordings online. I was curious about whether as a model you care about people recording these for private collections.

i would mind and think you were incredibly creepy and invasive. the agreement was a liveshow. if you want videos, purchase them. some models sell back the live show. if they don't, oh well. enjoy the live show for what it is.

I always thought this part was hypocritical. A model being upset about a private recording at the same time privately record the live show themselves.

I used to have an option in exclusive blocks for them to tip extra for me to record, convert, and upload the video for them to download.
Otherwise, there's honestly no use to record exclusives so I can't imagine many models record everything. It's generally so specific to that ONE dude that there's really no market to sell it. Also exactly 0 models want to end up with a bunch of short, useless recordings from all the one pump chumps that they will have to dig through later.

I stopped offering the show recording because even with the extra tip, it wasn't worth the time. Shows recorded from SM end up being HUGE files and they took forever to convert and upload.

I always thought this part was hypocritical. A model being upset about a private recording at the same time privately record the live show themselves.

but they are paying for a live show. if a customer wants a personal copy of the live show, ask if the model sells them. all i have to do is hit a button, upload, and send a link for download. i do think it's crappy when models sell private shows to other members.

but they are paying for a live show. if a customer wants a personal copy of the live show, ask if the model sells them. all i have to do is hit a button, upload, and send a link for download. i do think it's crappy when models sell private shows to other members.

What I'm saying is this is a question of equal consent. In a SM situation a model has no more right to record than the member does without informing. Either party should be announcing intentions to record a private for any purpose. To me in situation of a private nobody has gained more right to do something without consent because both sides are under the same presumption of privacy.

This is important for me because I only do exclusives on SM which are completely one on one and I'm paying extra for a presumption of privacy.

I should clarify I'm referring to when the model is recording with 3rd party capture like a member not when she's using SM's system.

What I'm saying is this is a question of equal consent. In a SM situation a model has no more right to record than the member does without informing. Either party should be announcing intentions to record a private for any purpose. To me in situation of a private nobody has gained more right to do something without consent because both sides are under the same presumption of privacy.

This is important for me because I only do exclusives on SM which are completely one on one and I'm paying extra for a presumption of privacy.
we have permission to resale recordings to members... as long as all sales are made through the site. like i said, all i have to do is hit record. they gave us the option on their external broadcaster. majority of camgirls ask members if they would like a copy for $X before they hit the record button. majority of us aren't recording any of our shows because that takes up precious hard drive space.

most of all of us aren't going to record a show if we can't make money off of it. so if a customer doesn't consent to it, we aren't going to waste our time or ruin our reputation.

you are making mountains out of molehills. your exclusives aren't being recorded by models and resold without your consent.

MFC does have an option to rewatch privates again. Not sure what it like on the model side. For my initial question I was talking more about public shows.

I should clarify I'm referring to when the model is recording with 3rd party capture like a member not when she's using SM's system.

No one is recording exclusives. As I said, there is literally no point. No one wants to buy a copy of a live show completely directed and catered to another man's preferences.

Are you serious? This is so... you must be joking.

Ok I just realized you meant private 1:1 shows, NM... unless I'm wrong.

There's no problem with a model recording herself as long as it doesn't include the customer's image, voice, typed chat, and/or personal details (e.g. "Hey, [Name]! How's the weather in [location]? I guess [wife's name] is "working late" again?").

There's also no problem if the customer wants to privately record himself as long as he leaves the model's image, voice, chat, and personal details out of the recording.

I agree that it's an invasion of privacy for the model to record the customer without his knowledge or consent, but that almost never happens. There's just no reason for us to do that. However, the customer's "private recording" is usually of the model, not himself. So in the end, models may be recording themselves (which is totally kosher), but we get upset because customers are recording us without our knowledge or consent. It would only be hypocritical if I insisted that it's cool for me to record myself during our show, but you better not be making a video of yourself jerking off to me.

I am pretty sure that most models would have an issue. But this isn't a feeling issues, this is a legal issue. Recording a public show is a clear copyright violation of both the camsite's copyright and the model's copyright. In the US willful copyright violation is punishable by up to 5 years in jail, and $250,000 fine per instance. If you want a copy buy it from the model, or the camsite.

MFC does have an option to rewatch privates again. Not sure what it like on the model side. For my initial question I was talking more about public shows.
then what you can do is ask models if they have an option of recording the private for you to purchase. if they don't tough shit. maybe see if they can do a custom video for your private collection. like i said the payment was towards the live show, and that is what the cammodel consented to.

like i said it's creepy and invasive. at least pay for it. don't be scummy.

Most models will have a problem with that. It's is not cool and a lil creepy.
Many models offer a recording of the show for a set amount every night (mine is 100 tok for example) so if you happen to be in their room, tip for the recording otherwise you DO NOT have permission.

You're essentially the guy in the movie theater with a video camera.

You're essentially the guy in the movie theater with a video camera.
To the OP, yes, this. ^^^ If you know that you want to see Hamilton more than once, you need to buy tickets to more than one showing or wait for whenever Mr. Miranda decides he's going to sell a video of the production. If you buy tickets to one show, and then you whip out your phone to video the whole thing "for your private collection," you will end up seeing approximately 3 minutes of Hamilton, and I don't know what would happen to your video. Cam models may not have the same piracy-fighting capabilities as a Broadway theater, but the same principles apply.

We own our show. Members don't. It's not hypocritical. Members are paying for a live show. We are performing and should/do have any right to simultaneously record what we do.

Edit to add: I do agree that it's a bit slimey to record a true private/exclusive for resale, and members would have a right to be upset by it because it's implied that it's for their eyes only- however, she isn't recording the member. She is recording her own actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.