AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Site help

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 11, 2011
I have an issue with seeing images here on this site. For some reason I only see about half of the images posted on here. For the other half all I see is a small orange sguare box. This even happens sometimes with images I post. Can anyone tell me what might be the cause of this?
Thank you

My advice is to clear cache and see if that helps. Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks for the response. I have tried different browsers and cleared cashe several times since this problem first started to happen. I PMed Amber about this a few months ago and she suggested the same.

That's officially the end of my expertise. Time for a new computer ;)

ga5457 said:
I have an issue with seeing images here on this site. For some reason I only see about half of the images posted on here. For the other half all I see is a small orange sguare box. This even happens sometimes with images I post. Can anyone tell me what might be the cause of this?
Thank you
Which browsers have you tried?
My first thought is some sort of security setting is blocking the images.

Can you open Internet Explorer and load ambercutie forums. Then go to Internet Options. Then the Security tab. Click on the Trusted Sites zone. Then click on the 'sites' button and add ambercutie.com to your list of websites. Then restart Internet Explorer and see if those images load in IE for you then.

That's my best guess off hand.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 10_20_2013 , 2_12_08 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 10_20_2013 , 2_12_08 PM.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 128
Another possibility is you aren't waiting long enough. Before they completely load, images normally show up as an orange square. Threads that are very image-busy, like the Caturday thread have the longest waits.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help buy nothing is helping the issue. If I move my pointer over the orange square it says LOADING but it doesn't load.

This is probably not it but just to be sure go to User Control Panel---->Board Preferences---->Edit Display Options and make sure Display images within posts: is checked as yes.

ga5457 said:
Thank you

Just trying to narrow it down further.
When you right click on the images you CAN see and copy the url for them. When you paste that elsewhere are all the links to this forum, or are the links something like imgur, photobucket, or some other photo hosting site? (are the images stored here or are they linked in from somewhere else, which can you see?)

Nice to see everyone try and help. As for images not loading. It can be a factor of your download speed. I use amber cutie at school and work and I average about 24mbps down, 4 mbps up. The slow image download can be a factor of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), Home Network (Are you doing other things on other computers or devices [Netflix, youtube, facebook, etc.]), and lastly device (Are you downloading images or videos at the same time, or maybe a torrent).

First I would suggest to do a speed check and see your speed, my 2 favorite sites are testmy.net, and speedtest.net.

This will let you know if your are having a slow connections. Also, if the connection is slow, then it may be the issue of the AmberCutie webserver timing your connection out.

If you have a decent connection (1mbps+), then you should look at your home connection, how many devices are on, and how many are currently being used at the same time. If you have a 1mbps connection and 3 computers on it, then you are overloading the line.

Lastly, if it is your device itself, then try to make sure that nothing else is going on. the best way to do that is to restart the computer, and see if that helps. make sure that no other programs are loading in the background

As for the AmberCutie site. If more users see this, than an investment into a CDN (Content Distrabution Network [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network]) May be needed.

Hope this helps

JerryBoBerry said:
When you right click on the images you CAN see and copy the url for them. When you paste that elsewhere are all the links to this forum, or are the links something like imgur, photobucket, or some other photo hosting site? (are the images stored here or are they linked in from somewhere else, which can you see?)

When I right click on the orange boxes I get this for every one: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/images/spacer.gif If I right click on the pictires that I am able to see I get basically the same thing but there is always a sequence of numbers and letters included. Example: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/downl ... =34752&t=1

ga5457 said:
JerryBoBerry said:

When I right click on the orange boxes I get this for every one: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/images/spacer.gif If I right click on the pictires that I am able to see I get basically the same thing but there is always a sequence of numbers and letters included. Example: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/downl ... =34752&t=1
The orange box is inserted by reimg.js, which is a script used on the forums to resize images for forum posts. It turns green typically when the image is processed correctly.

I expect you have some sort of javascript error popping up. In Chrome, when you see just the orange box, type F12, go to the console and see if you have any error messages that help you debug the problem.

mirvine2387 said:
Nice to see everyone try and help. As for images not loading. It can be a factor of your download speed. I use amber cutie at school and work and I average about 24mbps down, 4 mbps up. The slow image download can be a factor of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), Home Network (Are you doing other things on other computers or devices [Netflix, youtube, facebook, etc.]), and lastly device (Are you downloading images or videos at the same time, or maybe a torrent).

First I would suggest to do a speed check and see your speed, my 2 favorite sites are testmy.net, and speedtest.net.

This will let you know if your are having a slow connections. Also, if the connection is slow, then it may be the issue of the AmberCutie webserver timing your connection out.

If you have a decent connection (1mbps+), then you should look at your home connection, how many devices are on, and how many are currently being used at the same time. If you have a 1mbps connection and 3 computers on it, then you are overloading the line.

Lastly, if it is your device itself, then try to make sure that nothing else is going on. the best way to do that is to restart the computer, and see if that helps. make sure that no other programs are loading in the background

As for the AmberCutie site. If more users see this, than an investment into a CDN (Content Distrabution Network [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network]) May be needed.

Hope this helps

My upload speed is pretty slow at .82 mbps. Download is 6.04. I live in the sticks so I don't have many options for internet service. We have a small local rural telephone company here. That is my isp. Up until 5 or 6 years ago all we have available was dial-up service. There is only one computer on the connection. I don't do Netflix and very seldom do Facebook or Youtube. If I am doing either, I don't while on this site unless it is a video someone posted here.
Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.