AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ever read someone's post and go, "wow, what a cunt?" yeah....

dude if you go to ANY OTHER camforum, they will do the same thing. over on StripperWeb, mods are constantly editing out these sites from threads. WeCamgirls too I do believe. like if you got verified and jump over to the models only ((doubt that will ever happen now)), we openly post about these sites. just don't want to bring anymore attention to these pirated sites then we have to.

so yeah, um good luck in this business. do you need anymore fire starters for all the bridges you are burning? because seriously, no one is gonna wanna help you in the future with your bitchy attitude.
:h:

ever read someone's post and go, "wow, what a cunt?" yeah....

dude if you go to ANY OTHER camforum, they will do the same thing. over on StripperWeb, mods are constantly editing out these sites from threads. WeCamgirls too I do believe. like if you got verified and jump over to the models only ((doubt that will ever happen now)), we openly post about these sites. just don't want to bring anymore attention to these pirated sites then we have to.

so yeah, um good luck in this business. do you need anymore fire starters for all the bridges you are burning? because seriously, no one is gonna wanna help you in the future with your bitchy attitude.
:h:
It could be that she considers removal of the site names to be censorship.

It could be that she considers removal of the site names to be censorship.

no she is being a cunt. they are just asking for this site not to be talked about in public. asking people to respect that isn't censorship. also mind you, posting on ACF is a privilege, not a right. this is amber's site. if she doesn't want certain sites talked in the public forum, too bad?

no she is being a cunt. they are just asking for this site not to be talked about in public. asking people to respect that isn't censorship. also mind you, posting on ACF is a privilege, not a right. this is amber's site. if she doesn't want certain sites talked in the public forum, too bad?
If someone finds the removal of those site names to be unacceptable, they shouldn't be on here.

Since many people here were not around back when it happened, I just want to remind everyone that the banning of certain site names started (if my memory serves correct) because there was a very real and direct issue with another pirating site (operated by an INSANE person) and direct links from ACF. This guy was bat shit insane and was able to trace things back to this forum and cause a bunch of headaches for people. There are negatives that come from posting direct links to shady sites, that are more than just people seeing stolen content.

Most things Amber does like this are because of a history of events that took place.

Wow, this thread has become super toxic. Sorry for playing a part in it. Clearly, my perspective in this situation was wrong. I will say, though, I don't think I have to be in THE INDUSTRY to have an informed opinion on protecting one's intellectual property and rights as an independent contractor, or how to deal with unscrupulous thieving shitheads. That's what I took this thread to be about, but clearly it's about folks attacking each other over phantom personal sleights.

Oddly, for all the name-calling and accusing going on, here, what I haven't seen are links pointing OP to the threads that might be helpful to her.

OP: General Cam Chat and Ask A Model are the forums that might yield more helpful information to you, if you run a search. There are a few stickied threads about dealing with situations like this, specifically one containing DMCA info and one of advice for new camgirls. They may or may not be a direct help to you, but they may be a fair starting point. Also, while I'm not part of THE INDUSTRY I do know that the standard advice for new models is to get verified to join the Models Only section on ACF, so that you can discuss issues like this without uninformed plebs like me chiming in. I fear, though, that you may have set fire to the welcome mat with your behavior in this thread.

There is one reason which alone is enough reason to block links to these scummmy sites: Google SEO

ACF is ranked highly on Google for all webcam related searches. A link from a highly rated site to a lesser rated site improves the rating for that second site and makes it easier to find on Google.
I think we all agree that making those assholes easier to find is not what we want.

Yeah, I too would like to apologize for getting involved and for the way I chose about doing so. While my statements were certainly amusingly accurate, the disappointed dad act was unnecessary and in no way helpful to the topic at hand. One of these days I will grow up and gain the ability to mind my own damn business, today was not that day. Sorry to Amber for the stupidity, that's my bad.

eta: hit agree on Amber's chillax post. did not chillax.
@Guy Please never apologize to anyone who says "Fuck You" to you again. Whether you're right or wrong, once someone talks to you like that, they don't deserve an apology because they're a sex worker, a girl or even just a human. You go out of your way to be polite to folks, and no one who speaks to you that way for asking questions, being possibly wrong or clarifying your stance on something deserves anything from you. Usually people around here are a little above telling people to fuck off in a disagreement about a damned link. That was bullshit, and it hurt my heart a little to see you apologize after it.

eta: hit agree on Amber's chillax post. did not chillax.

Usually people around here are a little above telling people to fuck off in a disagreement about a damned link. That was bullshit

Was about to not chillax myself. But since you posted this I'll just not do what I had planned. Put the link in my signature so it appeared in 6910 messages peppered all over 6 years of the forum. Bet I would have gotten a 'fuck you' too.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
For a moment there I felt like I'm in a spectator sport event, as in a daily Xbiz rumble....Everybody chilax and be Magnolia :)
Sorry, I'm afraid the "Magnolia" position is filled. Would recommend "chillax" in everyone's own personal flavor though.

Okay, I stand correctly, don't ever try to be Magnolia, but please do, Chilax at your earliest convenience :) Is that better?

Anyway, can we stop insulting one another and moderate ourselves? I wouldn't try to judge someone's personality just because of an outburst on the keyboard that may have nothing to do with any of our positive, negative or neutral reactions. People have bad days, and they type and say stuff they don't necessarily mean to, that's the first thing you learn in the service industry.
I agree that we should all refrain from posting links to websites with stolen content. We all get hurt by it, models, members, and payment sublets like myself.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.