AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Skype (legal) safety

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxanneRolls

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Nov 30, 2014
Hey, new(ish) model here with a very serious question: I joined MFC on the advice of a coworker/former model and she suggested skype. A few weeks in, I added skype shows, did some cam 2 cams on skype (half older men, half college aged men) and thought nothing of it. But.....I started worrying that some of these MFC members could be lying about their age. I always verbally ask if they are over 18 in skype if I am in any doubt, but an online lawyer said that verbally asking and them using a credit card to join MFC aren't enough to verify age. DO those of you who skype verify EVERY MFC skype client by checking their photo ID? I know MFC doesn't endorse skype, but are we protected at all by the fact that we arrange skype shows on an ADULT site under the assumption that everyone we communicate on there is over 18? And that there is record of this on MFC? The lawyer was pretty much useless but I was just wondering if there has ever been a case involving a cam model getting in trouble on skype after receiving tokens on MFC from someone lying about their age or using someone else's credit card. I am 99.9% sure everyone I have viewed cam 2 cam on skype (they are ONLY members of MFC viewed via MFC, I don't use skype otherwise) is over 18 but that little nagging doubt is freaking me out. Does anyone have ANY input on this that could ease my mind? I'm trying to make a living in a legal manner and would be sick if I thought I could be accused of breaking a serious law that could ruin my life. I had a member who said he was 23 pretend to send a gift card to my email (never got it) and also send pics of himself (and one dick pic that I didn't really ask for/want) to my email and now I am terrified he may have lied about his age. In the future I may stay away from skype altogether unless the dude is well over 30 and willing to go cam to cam to verify, but am I safe if it turns out one of these customers lied? I've been told not to worry but I have OCD and worrying is all I do. Thanks for any feedback/input. (I am an American living in Canada, BTW)

No one here is in a position to give you legal advice you should rely on.

If you truly have OCD, you'll just find something else to take the place of worrying about viewing unsolicited dick pics.

If you only operate through MFC, I'd ask MFC. They can't afford to be held liable for minors using their site, so my guess is that they've discussed this with their lawyers. If I were you, I'd ask in the context of viewing member cams through MFC and leave the whole "Skype" thing out of it.

ok thanks I was really just wondering how other models who skype handle this. I thought it was a valid question. I probably won't be chancing it on skype again unless I know the person. Just seemed to be an issue that is never mentioned and naturally in this line of work there is some genuine concern about not breaking laws. Lawyers can't even seem to give me an answer on this complicated grey area but I figured other models could shed some light or give an opinion. Terribly sorry.

Reactions: PennyLaPerv
That's good advice. The other camgirl I spoke to told me not to worry and didn't really give me any sort of warning or a heads up and I assumed all people coming to me via MFC were premium members/paying customers and therefore of legal age. Some of them claimed to be 20 and probably were but I'm not even sure how to proceed now. I won't be skyping with anyone under 25 but as for the previous skype shows, they're done and there isn't much I can do now, though I do know their MFC user names and if they are still members I think it's safe to assume they are using their own credit cards.

Hi,
not to rattle your tree but I've had my first card since I was 16. [many many years ago.] CC's mean absolutely nothing as far as age is concerned. As for picture ID's, decent fakes are relatively easy to obtain, especially around college campuses. Unless you are trained and know what to look for, you wouldn't know how to spot it.
the easy answer is use MFC as it's intended and nix the skype unless they are very visibly older.
:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Amelia Liddell
Thanks. I get that now and was probably a bit naive about the whole thing but now I am just worried about the past two months and maybe a small handful of people that may have been questionable. I don't want my interactions with the to bite me in the ass 5 years from now I'm actually speaking to an adult entertainment lawyer about any ways I can protect myself since I was under the impression that I was safe communicating with anyone I met through MFC. I am new to all of this and again in all of the webcam advice I received it was never mentioned.

Reactions: PennyLaPerv
you will learn much on this new journey Grasshopper... :-D
Best thing you can do is to relax.
The past is water under the bridge and going all OCD will only serve to hinder your future success.

:eek:ccasion5:

RoxanneRolls said:
That's good advice. The other camgirl I spoke to told me not to worry and didn't really give me any sort of warning or a heads up and I assumed all people coming to me via MFC were premium members/paying customers and therefore of legal age. Some of them claimed to be 20 and probably were but I'm not even sure how to proceed now. I won't be skyping with anyone under 25 but as for the previous skype shows, they're done and there isn't much I can do now, though I do know their MFC user names and if they are still members I think it's safe to assume they are using their own credit cards.

I'm not entirely sure that this line of work is for you. Of ALL THE THINGS a model has to be concerned about, including being outed to friends and loved ones, difficulty in accessing certain occupations, and stalkers of various types, inadvertently viewing the broadcasts of minors is not in the top 5 of most models' lists.

I do just fine otherwise. It was something I started thinking about, and worried about the possibility and the legal repercussions once I realized the MFC age verification filter might not be strong enough. But thanks for your mock concern. I'm just much more careful now. I think I have every right to be concerned about MY life and MY reputation and not breaking any laws. I have records of all my communications on MFC which show my intent to only interact with adults. I just tend to think about angles and possibilities other people don't. Now I stick to pvts/groups on MFC only, unless I know them or they verify via webcam on MFC that they are older. I should not assume everyone on MCF is being forthcoming about their age, though I thought I could. Again, I was being naive.

Reactions: JimsX
Status
Not open for further replies.