AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Slow traffic

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else felt that these last few weeks the traffic has been very slow? I have been online all the time and tried everything but still the same!
Yes and a lot of people are scared to talk about it but only a few select models are benefitting from good income this year. We have hit really difficult times in the economy, just be prepared and do not rely only on this income.

Upvote 0
This week has been truly shocking and obviously with next week being competition week, it's only going to get worse. Today I streamed 1hr then gave up completely to save my mental health. I made 15% my usual hourly rate. The rest of this week I've consistently earnt 20-50% my usual hourly rate. There are rumours on the discord chat that the site is still glitchy and there are errors etc but I'm honestly starting to think that the customers have just given up on the site because of all the issues its had over the past couple of months. Seems to predominantly be silent lurkers and idiots demanding freebies now. The only real income I have got has been from regulars, not new customers.

It's getting depressing going online to deal with this and it's clear from watching other models' rooms (including some of the top earners) that everyone's suffering the same. I don't know what the alternative is though as I really don't like token sites and Streamate doesn't seem to have any real competitors does it? What are you all doing to try to deal with this? I'm just not enjoying it at all at this point, I dread having to get online and get angry at assholes

Upvote 0
This week has been truly shocking and obviously with next week being competition week, it's only going to get worse. Today I streamed 1hr then gave up completely to save my mental health. I made 15% my usual hourly rate. The rest of this week I've consistently earnt 20-50% my usual hourly rate. There are rumours on the discord chat that the site is still glitchy and there are errors etc but I'm honestly starting to think that the customers have just given up on the site because of all the issues its had over the past couple of months. Seems to predominantly be silent lurkers and idiots demanding freebies now. The only real income I have got has been from regulars, not new customers.

It's getting depressing going online to deal with this and it's clear from watching other models' rooms (including some of the top earners) that everyone's suffering the same. I don't know what the alternative is though as I really don't like token sites and Streamate doesn't seem to have any real competitors does it? What are you all doing to try to deal with this? I'm just not enjoying it at all at this point, I dread having to get online and get angry at assholes

We stream on 8 sites simultaneously since post Covid 19 as our income dropped from the sheer amount of models joining.

Streamate & Chaturbate are by far the top performing platforms for us as male models.

The rest of them combined make up to be another Streamate combined or half of one each month.

This just tops up and gives your bad weeks/months a little bump and makes your good weeks, really good.

It’s hard work, exhausting to begin with, but eventually you get used to managing multiple platforms.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
A little out of topic. Anybody use OBS for Streamate?I work now on cb and mfc and Im using obs and sorayuki plugin for multistream. I was asking Streamate support and they keep telling me that they not recommend OBS and that only good is their webroadcaster. But my camera without obs color correction looks really shitty and pale. Im using gamma settings which is in filters options so i can change it ONLY with obs

Reactions: InnocentAnnaXO
Upvote 0
We stream on 8 sites simultaneously since post Covid 19 as our income dropped from the sheer amount of models joining.

Streamate & Chaturbate are by far the top performing platforms for us as male models.

The rest of them combined make up to be another Streamate combined or half of one each month.

This just tops up and gives your bad weeks/months a little bump and makes your good weeks, really good.

It’s hard work, exhausting to begin with, but eventually you get used to managing multiple platforms.
The issue is that streamate really isn't very compatible with split streaming with token sites is it?

I tried it with MFC a fair bit last month and I also joined Bongacams for all of 1 week and tried all 3 at once. Plus, I always have MV live up in the background too. But the result has been that my MFC camscore has dropped by 1000 points because I'm interrupting shows too much to go PVT/EXCl on SM.

I wish there was a strong competitor for SM with the same no-nudity in free chat, private kind of set up that you could split stream with. I'm only aware of LJ as their competitor and have heard lots of people warning to stay away from it.

Upvote 0
A little out of topic. Anybody use OBS for Streamate?I work now on cb and mfc and Im using obs and sorayuki plugin for multistream. I was asking Streamate support and they keep telling me that they not recommend OBS and that only good is their webroadcaster. But my camera without obs color correction looks really shitty and pale. Im using gamma settings which is in filters options so i can change it ONLY with obs
You CAN use OBS, I did. I tried to stream PC games through OBS on Streamate, unfortunately either my computer couldn't handle it, or Streamate's site couldn't handle it. Regardless, OBS worked fine for Streamate on my end, as long as I don't stream games. The downfall for me is that there's a 10 second delay, so I stopped using OBS.

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0
You CAN use OBS, I did. I tried to stream PC games through OBS on Streamate, unfortunately either my computer couldn't handle it, or Streamate's site couldn't handle it. Regardless, OBS worked fine for Streamate on my end, as long as I don't stream games. The downfall for me is that there's a 10 second delay, so I stopped using OBS.
Thank you and can you tell me what settings u use or which settings are good for stream? For me - cb and mfc works best : 6000 bitrate, x264 encoder, HD+, preset veryfast and zerolatency. Would be this okay for SM?

Upvote 0
The issue is that streamate really isn't very compatible with split streaming with token sites is it?

I tried it with MFC a fair bit last month and I also joined Bongacams for all of 1 week and tried all 3 at once. Plus, I always have MV live up in the background too. But the result has been that my MFC camscore has dropped by 1000 points because I'm interrupting shows too much to go PVT/EXCl on SM.

I wish there was a strong competitor for SM with the same no-nudity in free chat, private kind of set up that you could split stream with. I'm only aware of LJ as their competitor and have heard lots of people warning to stay away from it.
We have 2 webcams, 2 desktops with a setup for on each PC for Token based sites and the other for Private based sites.

This is to prevent breaking the nudity rules.

Again, you are managing multiple screens and can be daunting to begin with.

Upvote 0
Thank you and can you tell me what settings u use or which settings are good for stream? For me - cb and mfc works best : 6000 bitrate, x264 encoder, HD+, preset veryfast and zerolatency. Would be this okay for SM?
Let me send you what my settings were for SM, I hope it helps.
GENERAL SETTINGS
Output mode - Simple
Video bitrate - 10000
audio bitrate - 160
encoder - hardware (NVENC, H.264)
encoder preset - P5: Slow (good quality) I think this is where the 10 second delay comes in too, but you'll really need it..
recording quality - High Quality, Medium File Size
recording format - MP4

VIDEO SETTINGS
Base resolution - 1920x1080 aspect ratio 16.9 (make sure your actual cameras setting is 16.9 too)
Output resolution - same
FPS - 60
IF you have issues finding the external encoder set up through Streamate, let me know! I know I can be helpful there for sure. It was tricky

Reactions: BlackWizard
Upvote 0

I'm just curious which sites and do you do it.

Upvote 0

This. It’s shocking how many idiots are on the site these days. It feels like they don’t have a clue that they are on premium site. Mostly just asking for free things. It’s seems they don’t even want to tip anymore.

Upvote 0
This. It’s shocking how many idiots are on the site these days. It feels like they don’t have a clue that they are on premium site. Mostly just asking for free things. It’s seems they don’t even want to tip anymore.
I especially notice that during contest week. It's as if a whole new batch of fuck boys come on all at once. What is it with contest week? I don't know enough about it but I did hear that they do maintenance during that time? Does traffic slow down simply because of the amount of models online? I find it dopamine manipulation. I hate contest week. Mind you i am incredibly lucky and grateful that my other streams of income sky rocket, but like this still just baffles me. Does anyone have a clear idea? How the fuck to models win these things? It's so up and down. I can make next to nothing one day and then all the sudden make a shitload in such a short period of time the next day.

Upvote 0
I especially notice that during contest week. It's as if a whole new batch of fuck boys come on all at once. What is it with contest week? I don't know enough about it but I did hear that they do maintenance during that time? Does traffic slow down simply because of the amount of models online? I find it dopamine manipulation. I hate contest week. Mind you i am incredibly lucky and grateful that my other streams of income sky rocket, but like this still just baffles me. Does anyone have a clear idea? How the fuck to models win these things? It's so up and down. I can make next to nothing one day and then all the sudden make a shitload in such a short period of time the next day.
I imagine you're right, there's just so many more models online at once during contest week so the paying customers are spread so much thinner. Also I reckon they must advertise the contests more widely than they normally do, and those places are where all the freeloaders swarm in from!

Reactions: SensualJade
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.