AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the same boat - used to make about $150-$200 on my morning shift and now I'm lucky if I pull in $5. It's really bad. I haven't seen a regular in awhile and when they do come in they just want to talk, they know I'm struggling and they aren't spending either. Traffic is almost non-existent and I'm out of money. They've even gone quiet on OnlyFans and Snapchat/Twitter. Having to live on credit cards now.

I took a class and test to get licensed in the real estate industry as a mortgage loan originator (cost $1000), and after a month and 300 resumes out I have had ONE phone interview. (I have a fantastic resume) I've started applying for my "niche" again (admin/clerical) and am having no luck finding a job either. I even applied for fast food/grocery stores and nothing. Crickets. I'm going to start 3 separate niched monetized blogs and see if that goes anywhere. Running out of options here.....

Oddly my vids are doing okay-ish but it's not enough to keep me afloat....

I was going to post a similar thread this morning but you beat me to it LOL. It would be nice to hear from "normal" models and see if they are having the same issue, NOT top of the front page - they have an advantage and are only really 5% of the industry as in NUMBER of models online (not earnings based). I'm sure they are noticing a slow down too but maybe not as drastic? I could be wrong.... I've been all over multiple forums and there are a LOT of models having the same issue. I'm sure there are a few hit and miss that are still doing well but it seems the main majority of us are seriously struggling.

Between the pandemic, no stimulus from the government and political uncertainty there is a lot less money to work with, people are sick/dying/losing their jobs and I guarantee none of this is making anyone horny.

As much as I love and agree with the power of positive thinking, please don't come in here and say "Be positive" this is REALITY and all of the positive thinking in the world isn't going to change the fact that people are broke and scared right now. Positive thinking isn't going to get rid of the pandemic or restore the economy. People doing the right thing IS, and that is not what is happening right now.

Find ways to ride it out.... Do the best that you can with what you have. Backup planning doesn't hurt either.

It would be nice to hear from "normal" models and see if they are having the same issue, NOT top of the front page - they have an advantage and are only really 5% of the industry as in NUMBER of models online (not earnings based)
Yep it’s been real bad for me too. It got me enrolling to go back to school. I get what you mean by this I’ve seen a couple top models on a other forum claim the pandemic has been the best thing that has ever happened to this industry. Like wtf no it hasn’t?

Okay I was wondering if I was the only one spending 3+ hours online and struggling to make $5. It makes me need want to go on, which makes it worse. I'm trying to remain positive

Hi !
This month is so slow for me, especially the last week. It seems like the pandemic is making it really hard to make money now. I was recently online for 4 hours and earned just 4€.
I rarely see regular customers in my room anymore. Traffic is nonexistent. I‘m getting scared of the future:(

How are you doing?
maybe it's because of pandemic too but in EVERY year November is the slowest month for me and I m cam girl for 6 years. Last year in October I made about 10K $ and next month, November about 2K ... huge difference. This month I have about 500$ in 12 days tough I stay online on 2 sites... 😭😭😭

My first few months I was hardly earning any tokens on CB but I was earning a little more each month and selling the occasional video on there. Last 5 weeks have been dead. Can barely get anyone with tokens into my room to begin with and once there they won't tip even for the cheapest prices. Too many models and not enough spenders maybe... Hopefully things will pick up heading into December.

I popped on SM the other night and was really busy. I'm a pretty popular model on there, and often front page, sometimes top row of 1st page. Although I would NOT say that overall (for this field and the 7 or 8 sites that I sell clips on) that I'm top model. I've never been front page on any other sites. My sales on all other sites where I am middle, have been a lot lower. Other than OF, my sales on OF have gone up a lot the last few days, and I'm a total bottom selling model on there.

But on C4S, MV, PH and IWC my sales have been very low since the beginning of the month. Usually, November is a highly busy, high earning month for me, so this is definitely odd. Every year for 6 years November has been one of my highest selling months.

Definitely very tough times. I don't understand what was so difficult about organizing a second stimulus package, but I won't go off on a political rant. I'm not a lawyer. But still... Fuck. I wish people would pull their fingers out of their asses when it comes to the economy. I mean that as a general non-partisan statement. Like, get some shit done people... people who aren't at your country club, and never will be, are fucking starving.

Last edited:
I'm definitely struggling. I'm pretty new to camming but I've lost the new girl boost, and it's ... depressing. Often makes me feel like there's no point to any of this and I shouldn't bother. But vanilla jobs are scarce too and with my health, I'm not sure I have a choice other than to keep going. :/

I'm trying not to care about what happens when I cam. Most of my energy and focus is on building a twitter following before I branch out into other sites like onlyfans or manyvids. Reached 1K followers in 2 months and joined a group of nice male SWs... so at least that's going well.

We just need to continue to support and inspire each other during this tough time. Celebrate any acheivements no matter how small.

franklane1-2x.jpg

Yeah, the one guy who had made it worthwhile for me to cam on ManyVids Live gave me a heads up a while ago that he wasn't gonna be able to keep tipping me like that much longer, and I told him I totally understand...and that he's welcome in my room whether he can tip or not. He hasn't been back at all.

There was a bank robbery in the area today. I was just telling my mom yesterday that I suspect stuff like that is gonna happen more. People are gonna get desperate. They're starting to shut things down again, and now the public schools have closed again and starting that virtual learning stuff back up again. Adults/parents of young children are frustrated. People having to wait MONTHS to finally receive an unemployment payment (I was one of them...I was approved in July, and didn't get anything until October). It's crazy. The governor said that suicide numbers are up, as well as domestic abuse.

Been bad for me since mid october. Regulars not online at all, or just not responding/sticking around. Sucks even worse because I left my full time job because in four days i'm moving across the country. Onlyfans has been picking up, but I have to work on that consistently or else i'll lose that too.

This month has been just mediocre, I am relatively new to cam world but hit the 10k mark last month. This month isn't going to get there that's for sure, but like any business I think it's best not to evaluate it week by week or even month by month. Slow months come and business drops like any business, I suggest to make something positive out of it and try new camera angles or shoot new content for onlyfans ect. My onlyfans is up a lot this month and keeps my head well above water. Sometimes when it's really slow focus on counting new followers not just tokens and then that makes it feel more of a productive day. Persistence and creativity is key. Just my humble opinion ❤️

Reactions: mike_aussie
User here. I have spent roughly a third on cam sites in 2020 compared to 2019. Yes I keep track. Instead of spending my "leftover" money on luxury stuff, I now set much of it aside for my own crisis fund in case nobody want (or need) to pay for my services. I suspect I am not alone in doing this, and then of course there are all the users globally who simply don't have any money anymore.

We don't do stimulus checks here since we have other mechanisms in place to keep citizens from starving, but If we did I'm not convinced I would be blowing mine on a cam site.

In short: the amount of money changing hands globally in services, retail and entertainment is waaay down, and I am seeing the same effect in my business as you camgirls/guys do. It's the ugly downside to capitalism (which I otherwise am a fan of, so don't get me wrong); if enough people stop exhanging money for goods and services, the system starts creaking in the joints. It's a red flag when you personally can't afford the goods or services you offer.

@Songbird_Shelly I did exactly the same with an often visited model a couple of months ago, although before I vanished from her room I told her that she wouldn't see me at all until I could pay for her time. Maybe it was harsh to just fuck off into the sunset, but hanging around spending nothing to me feels a bit like cheating. I don't want to turn cam rooms into a free-for-all social club and be a time waster.

We don't do stimulus checks here since we have other mechanisms in place to keep citizens from starving, but If we did I'm not convinced I would be blowing mine on a cam site.
The majority of cam models themselves will qualify for stimulus, and the effect on the overall economy with not just stimulus checks, but the other more important programs will be positive. The stimulus package, stimulus checks are a small part of that. I am thinking of the US economy as a whole. I don't think anyone would really expect anyone to blow a stimulus check on luxury services haha, would they? That seems obvious, right? Especially given that many/ most cam models court the more wealthy Members who will not even qualify for stimulus, as they tend to be the ones who spend the most. That part was confusing. Economics is what I am thinking about. Most cam models are going to be in the category where they qualify for full stimulus if you talk about the overall numbers of models on sites and the huge numbers who do not make big money.

Cam models are not out to get your stimulus hahahahahahahaha. We are humans too. Sorry, but that's just fucking hilarious, that that would be a thought. Good one.

Last edited:
I'm definitely struggling. I'm pretty new to camming but I've lost the new girl boost, and it's ... depressing. Often makes me feel like there's no point to any of this and I shouldn't bother. But vanilla jobs are scarce too and with my health, I'm not sure I have a choice other than to keep going. :/
I'm in the same situation. I had a great start on MFC (the first 8 days), but I had to take some big breaks in the summer and I lost the rest of the boost. Now I'm back on the site everyday but it's not working lately. Sometimes when I don't even have users in room I want to quit, but I try to keep me strong and continue.

It's hard to make even 500 tokens. I had days in row with 0-50 tk. If I would have a job I would take a break from camming for a while, but for the moment MFC is my only source of money, even if I make 300 dollars in 15 days, it's better than nothing.

Heads up girls, better days are coming.

Yes yes and yes. I'm a veteran to camming. November (especially the last 2 weeks of November) are notorious for being so slow that it's a planned vacation period for me usually. This month, my hourly rate has went down almost -50%. Hang in there. After the holidays in November and December and people start getting their taxes back in Jan/Feb/March it picks back up :) I know it's not terribly reassuring but this business has a cycle and well it's a down part of the cycle + an election year + a global pandemic.

User here. I have spent roughly a third on cam sites in 2020 compared to 2019. Yes I keep track. Instead of spending my "leftover" money on luxury stuff, I now set much of it aside for my own crisis fund in case nobody want (or need) to pay for my services. I suspect I am not alone in doing this, and then of course there are all the users globally who simply don't have any money anymore.

Similar here in terms of spending.

@Songbird_Shelly I did exactly the same with an often visited model a couple of months ago, although before I vanished from her room I told her that she wouldn't see me at all until I could pay for her time. Maybe it was harsh to just fuck off into the sunset, but hanging around spending nothing to me feels a bit like cheating. I don't want to turn cam rooms into a free-for-all social club and be a time waster.

I've not completely stopped visiting models. But, I have the same view. My visits are shorter, as I don't tip as much as I used to. But, I dont like to just hang around and take their time, or be in chat if I'm not able to contribute. I've had them tell me it's okay and I can visit any time I like even if I don't tip since it helps them pass time. But, feels wrong in many ways as I don't go hang out and visit my friends who own businesses.

I do follow a couple of models on OnlyFans, and tip some aside from normal subscription. As well as some vids from a model on MV.

All that being said, as some models have pointed out, this time of year is usually pretty slow anyway. Thanksgiving in the US and a lot of people saving up for the sales that happen the day after.

Similar here in terms of spending.

I've not completely stopped visiting models. But, I have the same view. My visits are shorter, as I don't tip as much as I used to. But, I dont like to just hang around and take their time, or be in chat if I'm not able to contribute. I've had them tell me it's okay and I can visit any time I like even if I don't tip since it helps them pass time. But, feels wrong in many ways as I don't go hang out and visit my friends who own businesses.

I do follow a couple of models on OnlyFans, and tip some aside from normal subscription. As well as some vids from a model on MV.

All that being said, as some models have pointed out, this time of year is usually pretty slow anyway. Thanksgiving in the US and a lot of people saving up for the sales that happen the day after.

Plus obviously, a lot of people who do visit cam sites are in relationships, married, with kids, etc so especially now they have to tighten their pockets more to buy all these expensive Christmas presents and foods, etc.
Unfortunately, especially for now with COVID, it's just a big crap-fest with everything combined. Everyone is struggling, not just models.

Here in the UK, we are very lucky and we have something called a Furlough Scheme. Even with that, it's not something people can be spending in luxury, as mentioned above, people (business owners or not) need to save everything they possibly can just in case of anything.

Plus obviously, a lot of people who do visit cam sites are in relationships, married, with kids, etc so especially now they have to tighten their pockets more to buy all these expensive Christmas presents and foods, etc.
Unfortunately, especially for now with COVID, it's just a big crap-fest with everything combined. Everyone is struggling, not just models.

Here in the UK, we are very lucky and we have something called a Furlough Scheme. Even with that, it's not something people can be spending in luxury, as mentioned above, people (business owners or not) need to save everything they possibly can just in case of anything.

We do have unemployment benefits here, which I think is about the same. But, in many instances, those have long run out as it's not meant long term. Also, there's been issues like what @Songbird_Shelly mentioned where it can take a long time to actually start collecting it due to how overwhelmed and outdated the systems are. The package earlier this year was a huge benefit to some people, I personally know a few people who were on unemployment and with the added benefits they were getting more from them than they made in wages. Good and bad in a way. But, hopefully everyone was smart and saved what they could.

It definitely is an impact across the board for many/most people. Hopefully something can come of it soon and slowly start getting back to some semblance of the way things were.

Cam models are not out to get your stimulus hahahahahahahaha. We are humans too. Sorry, but that's just fucking hilarious, that that would be a thought. Good one.

I laughed so hard at this! Yeah, um...I'm pretty sure we're not asking folks to "blow their stimulus check on cam sites," guy. Haha.

Yes yes and yes. I'm a veteran to camming. November (especially the last 2 weeks of November) are notorious for being so slow that it's a planned vacation period for me usually. This month, my hourly rate has went down almost -50%. Hang in there. After the holidays in November and December and people start getting their taxes back in Jan/Feb/March it picks back up :) I know it's not terribly reassuring but this business has a cycle and well it's a down part of the cycle + an election year + a global pandemic.

thank you for this. I come from stripping, and the cycle is a little different but there's still a cycle! It helps to be reminded. I'm so frustrated today so it's nice to know this this won't (or shouldn't) last forever!

I just found that when camming people either are bargaining prices (more than usual) or being really quiet. I also found that top cam models have way less room count than normal, 800 viewers versus a normal 4000k day. Yesterday I did fairly OK, but today was a blow!

Same here.... I was thinking that maybe I set wrong settings in OBS that my stream not looking good etc... But It was already before.... I remember few bad times during my camming, some of them were for 1 week,another ones for 1 month. All I can say is:
dont give up
do what you do and dont change that because its not your fault
good times will back

So my broadcast started off the usual... half a dozen models, a few greys, a few colors but no one tipping for anything. This guy (light blue so purchased tokens but hadn't spent any recently) was in my room for an hour wanting me to PM him. I told him to tip for it a couple of times. At the 2 hour mark of my broadcast he asked again, so I met him halfway and said I'd PM him if it was about a private show. He took me private for 25 minutes, tipped an extra 125 to get me excited, 100 for C2C and I negotiated 300 more for cum show. Finished the broadcast a few minutes ago after 2.5 hrs with 824 tokens... beating my previous best of 500 back in August. I hope he comes back for more :)

I was online for the first time on Stripchat yesterday and i made 2.000 tokens in 4 hrs 😊 it was fun. Was my first time on a token site. I had a great vibe in the room and the guys pushed each other to tip more until my goal was reached. was really cool. Feels great after this bad days i had
yes you will make money on strip in first 2 weeks beeing promoted new,, now time to grow your fans or after will be dead ..

last month was my biggest month ever. i splitcam and was in top 150 on one site and top 500 on the other and i dont remember the third. i used the money and completely redid my cam space so i can cam longer and i'm so glad i did. november is usually slower overall so i have to spend more time on cam to make the same amount. i lost one of my biggest whales ever (bittersweet as he found a woman his age and he deserves to be happy) and while it's been a struggle, i'm still making my average month albeit working way more hours. i have a big yearly income goal i really want to hit. i'm in a higher mfc slot than i've been in for almost 3 years.

there's tons of new models competing for viewershare. double the number of models on at any given time on stripchat. keep persevering. the new covid baby models will give up if it gets tough. keep trying new things and income streams. if something doesnt work, keep trying.

Did the math based strictly on tokens made from camming and I'm only down 13% to my normal average per hour take. Clip sales are slower but that's only because I'm focusing more on camming. My affiliate is up all of a sudden and OF is above normal. I haven't been making content and I need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.