AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

SlutWalk

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it doesn't follow that a society that appears to condone rape by discouraging victims to come forward, would have a higher rate of rape?

Want some more examples? Pakistan, revenge rape - traditionally Pakistan doesn't even consider rape a crime against women, they consider it to be dishonouring her family, punishing her male relatives and such:

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/n...ani_women_gang_raped_in_honour-revenge_attack
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3691311.stm
http://www.humanrights.asia/news/urgent-appeals/AHRC-UAC-064-2010
http://archive.thepeninsulaqatar.com/pakistan/afghanistan/8561.html

And this one, a famous case that has been going on almost 10 years now, less than a month ago 5 of the rapists were aqcuitted, despite having been found guilty previously http://www.upiasia.com/Top_News/Wor...ourt-frees-5-in-gang-rape/UPI-24911303426082/

does it not even faze you how brutal all these attacks, and the Saudi ones above are? How much courage it must take to report them?

The fact that statistics show rape and violence against women is lower in these cultures than anywhere else does nothing but show that attempting to rely on such statistics is completely flawed. These are not societies who take care of their female citizens.

Rape is all about control, normally not the way you dress. Rapist are known to pick out women who look uneasy, uncomfortable, worried, not confident in the situation... not for women that walk with their heads high, are confident, etc.* So if they walk around with their heads high in slut clothes.... they probably wont be raped IMO.

*This comes from psychological profiles.

Ok, when I started this thread, I just found it amusing that one statement made such a big newsworthy impact. I did not expect the responses to head the way they did.

From what I got, this is about a statement made from a man who was trying to help women by speaking at a safety conference. I really do not think he was trying to imply if you are a slut, you are more likely to be raped.

He was speaking to college students and I think, I have no idea for sure, he may of been talking more on the lines of sexual battery. I live next to a large university and I hear about women pressing charges for sexual battery(or sexual assault) all the time. It seems that it always happens at some party or event where people are drunk as hell and things have gotten out of hand.

In the eyes of the law, (at least here) sexual battery can be a whole spectrum of things, from kissing someone who doesn't give you permission to fondling or groping without permission. There are dozens of other situations also that sexual battery falls under. Rape comes into play once there is some sort of penetration.

No matter what the case, sexual abuse, sexual assault or rape it is ALL WRONG. It is NEVER the victim's fault, end of story.(even if the victim is a man)

Where was I?....Oh ya, why I was amused by this story. The story itself reminded me of the old game of telephone I played as a kid. (whisper something in someone's ear and pass it on. Usually the last person had it SO twisted around it was funny) I was watching a few different reports on it and the story kept changing. Here is a couple of examples (watch them in order):

I think someone just said something that he thought was harmless and it was taken way out of context. I also want to know why no one asked him to clarify what he meant. He was new to what he did. He might not of known exactly what to say to get his point across, but we will never know because no one asked.

Before the flames come, just know, I think the cop was a moron in saying what he said, and I personally would have never told a group of people that. I do think that the public humiliation he is receiving will teach him to be more careful with what he says in the future.

Yah there were very minor differences in those stories but the core of what he's supposed to have said,and even the wording pretty much, remained the same.

There's no doubt it wouldn't be as bad if he weren't a cop. If he were just some ignorant idiot out in public put his foot in his mouth - it would be embarassing and stupid.

The fact that he's a cop, he's been trained to deal with assault victims, is paid to have at least a rudimentary knowledge of crime, victims, and how criminals operate, is in a position of official power relating to victims and criminals AND was even told he wasn't supposed to say it (so he'd suggested it at least once before, or said it once before) makes it 20x worse. It's not even that he's from a different generation or old-school rough around the edges policing - the guy's 26. That's why he should have been terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.