AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

small tips broke my stream

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaM

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
hello there! is anyone esle having this problem? everytime I recive many 1's tips my stream start to lag, then eventually frozen page, even get black page or obs get offline. Could be a problem from my laptop or is something else? thank you

I would not be surprised if it is lagging your processor, making OBS grumpy. If one token tips are driving you into that situation, there's no harm in telling your room you need to take them off the Lovense menu to determine what the issue is. (Be prepared for everyone to offer solutions without ever having used OBS themselves.) 🙂

I would not be surprised if it is lagging your processor, making OBS grumpy. If one token tips are driving you into that situation, there's no harm in telling your room you need to take them off the Lovense menu to determine what the issue is. (Be prepared for everyone to offer solutions without ever having used OBS themselves.) 🙂
I was thinking about processor too... you may be right :(

I was thinking about processor too... you may be right :(
Which computer do you have? Maybe if you list the specs someone with tech experience can chime in?

this is the laptop I use if helps
That's not a bad laptop. 16GB memory? should be plenty. What I do see from the specs I've found is that it has a spinning hard drive instead of SSD. That could cause issues if the continuous small tips is causing the web browser to write some kind of history to the disk. Which web browser are you using?

Also check that OBS is set to use NVEnc encoder if possible (laptop has nVidia video chip, so should work), to take load off processor.

this is the laptop I use if helps
Are these correct? ----> 16 GB DDR4 RAM (32 gigs max), has a 256 GB M. 2 SATA SSD and a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD. Intel Core i7 7700HQ Kaby Lake processor
If these specs are correct it should not lag your computer or processor.

What DPI do you have the output set at on the OBS? 720HD?

Are you using WiFi or ethernet to connect to the router?

Are these correct? ----> 16 GB DDR4 RAM (32 gigs max), has a 256 GB M. 2 SATA SSD and a 1TB 5400 RPM HDD. Intel Core i7 7700HQ Kaby Lake processor

I think there are two models - one with SSD and one without. If the one without, then lots of accesses to disk can definitely cause some stutter.

Reactions: Natural9
Hey, I was having a lot of problems awhile back with lag, particularly when I received tips.
Don't use one of the first screen test sites that comes up, they take a tiny little picture of your internet and sometimes exaggerate. You need something that's going to track its performance while streaming for awhile. What I did was create a blank twitch account and used https://inspector.twitch.tv/#// to monitor my stream. If you put ?bandwidthtest=true at the end of the stream key, you can test the stream without actually streaming real video and audio. I also used the program PingPlotter, which looks a little overwhelming at first but if you just read the how-to guide you can figure out enough to use it for diagnostics. Contact your ISP if you see big latency spikes or anything else unusual. In my case it did turn out to be my internet, but a few other things to look out for:
Make sure you've closed out all background processes using Task Manager. Some programs can interfere with streaming.
Make sure you're hard wired to the internet. Wifi is dogshit for streaming. Use a cat5 or cat6 ethernet cable to connect directly to your modem.
See if you can stream from another, separate source like a different PC or a phone and watch to see if the same thing happens.

Hey, I was having a lot of problems awhile back with lag, particularly when I received tips.
Don't use one of the first screen test sites that comes up, they take a tiny little picture of your internet and sometimes exaggerate. You need something that's going to track its performance while streaming for awhile. What I did was create a blank twitch account and used https://inspector.twitch.tv/#// to monitor my stream. If you put ?bandwidthtest=true at the end of the stream key, you can test the stream without actually streaming real video and audio. I also used the program PingPlotter, which looks a little overwhelming at first but if you just read the how-to guide you can figure out enough to use it for diagnostics. Contact your ISP if you see big latency spikes or anything else unusual. In my case it did turn out to be my internet, but a few other things to look out for:
Make sure you've closed out all background processes using Task Manager. Some programs can interfere with streaming.
Make sure you're hard wired to the internet. Wifi is dogshit for streaming. Use a cat5 or cat6 ethernet cable to connect directly to your modem.
See if you can stream from another, separate source like a different PC or a phone and watch to see if the same thing happens.
A majority of the models that get lag or disconnected by one token tips for a lovense toy is usually an internet connection issue in my experience.

Turning off all unnecessary background apps running and having as little as possible running on the computer but your stream is definitely the best. Turning off background apps has also solved this for some models.

Use the site speed test if they have one.

Stripchat Speed Test

Chaturbate Speed Test

I have seen this in a couple of rooms, and I NEVER figured out what it was.. I also guessed it was a internet thing, but never could confirm it.. a friend asked me to test it in her room and when we hit 10+ tips a second, her stream would start lagging... my only advice has always been to put the lovense toy start reacting at 2 or 3.. but it's ofc a big change to a room sometimes :)

it makes no sense to be an internet thing, the amount of data required to receive text flooding in like that and sending the information to lovense should be barely enough to cap a dial up connection.

this shouldnt be difficult to diagnose either, you open google chrome task manager, you open windows task manager, you receive the flood of tokens, you look at what starts using up the resources, if its chrome try disabling extensions then trying again.

Edit: i'd also like to point out she said the page freezes. is the tipping sound clear while its happening or does it become distorted and robotic?

it makes no sense to be an internet thing, the amount of data required to receive text flooding in like that and sending the information to lovense should be barely enough to cap a dial up connection.

this shouldnt be difficult to diagnose either, you open google chrome task manager, you open windows task manager, you receive the flood of tokens, you look at what starts using up the resources, if its chrome try disabling extensions then trying again.

Edit: i'd also like to point out she said the page freezes. is the tipping sound clear while its happening or does it become distorted and robotic?

I didn’t think it’s an internet thing either. Everything always gets blamed on the model’s internet. 😂

I didn’t think it’s an internet thing either. Everything always gets blamed on the model’s internet. 😂
This idea is why I spent 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong with my setup until I finally gave in and contacted my ISP and they fixed it in two days 😭 I had fiber and I figured there was no way it was my internet.

A lot of the time it's not even specifically the internet, it's something like an OBS setting or lovense overlay interfering with it. When I was looking into it I saw tons of people saying the animations for the lovense overlay were causing their internet to go apeshit during their streams.

Honestly OP I'd suggest just contacting your ISP first off to at least rule that out. That's what my dumb ass should've done lol

Reactions: Wuggie and Natural9
This idea is why I spent 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong with my setup until I finally gave in and contacted my ISP and they fixed it in two days 😭 I had fiber and I figured there was no way it was my internet.

A lot of the time it's not even specifically the internet, it's something like an OBS setting or lovense overlay interfering with it. When I was looking into it I saw tons of people saying the animations for the lovense overlay were causing their internet to go apeshit during their streams.

Honestly OP I'd suggest just contacting your ISP first off to at least rule that out. That's what my dumb ass should've done lol
My experience helping models with this has lead to mostly being cause by a low "upload speed" on the speed test. A call to the ISP usually corrects it easily

My experience helping models with this has lead to mostly being cause by a low "upload speed" on the speed test. A call to the ISP usually corrects it easily
This is what turned out to be my issue. A lot of ISPs don't expect their users to need high upload speeds. Mine were throttled by default and when people tipped the animations or something would throttle my upload speeds even more.

Yeah, latency is usually due to something going on in the upstream - lack of bandwidth, network jitter etc. It's strange how tips can make it worse though, which is why I suggested delays caused by small writes to disk.

Yes, fast changing video can cause more data to be used though as the encoder sends the changes between video frames (at least between key frames when the whole frame is sent).

Reactions: Natural9
Yeah, latency is usually due to something going on in the upstream - lack of bandwidth, network jitter etc. It's strange how tips can make it worse though, which is why I suggested delays caused by small writes to disk.

Yes, fast changing video can cause more data to be used though as the encoder sends the changes between video frames (at least between key frames when the whole frame is sent).
I am not good enough with all of it to know exactly what the process is when I send one token to a model and it makes her toy vibrate. I know it begins a cascade of things happening between the extension and the site and the model but what and how exactly it works is beyond me. I have never coded or worked with API in this way. Most of the time I see an upload speed below 3 MBps when the lag is happening on the speed test. If it is above 6 MBps it seems to be fine.

I m using wi fi but I have great results like 200 Mbps download and 150 Mbps upload, also my router is inside the wall so I cound not use a cable :(

seems like CPU on my task meneger is constant between 85% and 95% while I stream, is that bad?

that's sound so complicated... I m not a technical person at all :(

seems like CPU on my task meneger is constant between 85% and 95% while I stream, is that bad?
Yes it is not necessarily good. If you are receiving one token tips what does the task manager say the CPU is running at? Which Processor do you have in the computer you are using?

If you have a "This PC" icon on the desktop, right click it and in the menu that appears select "properties" .. there you can see what Processor is installed in the computer.

Also be sure any and all unnecessary background apps are turned off.

Yes it is not necessarily good. If you are receiving one token tips what does the task manager say the CPU is running at? Which Processor do you have in the computer you are using?

If you have a "This PC" icon on the desktop, right click it and in the menu that appears select "properties" .. there you can see what Processor is installed in the computer.

Also be sure any and all unnecessary background apps are turned off.
She's already posted specs.

She's already posted specs.
Ooops ... forgot to read above.

You must have several background apps running or have too many other programs running while you broadcast. How many sites are you working on simultaneously? What other programs do you have running besides your broadcast? Skype? YouTube for music?

• Hugs
Reactions: EllaM
Ooops ... forgot to read above.

You must have several background apps running or have too many other programs running while you broadcast. How many sites are you working on simultaneously? What other programs do you have running besides your broadcast? Skype? YouTube for music?
I only stream on 2 sites in same time and I use just Youtube in background 😕

Status
Not open for further replies.