AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

small tips broke my stream

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, about 75% is used by OBS

That's quite high. What encoder settings are you using in OBS?

If you're not already, try NVENC encoder as that's the hardware optimised encoder that uses the nVidia video card in your system (can't show where that is right now as I don't have OBS on this machine).

EDIT: it was answered already, but I was on a different page... NVENC = hardware encoder here.

that's sound so complicated... I m not a technical person at all :(
Don't worry about it for now, just let your ISP know what's up to rule that out. If everything is okay on their end then you don't really have to do most of that, like using the PingPlotter program. I'd also ask them if there's a way to create a cable connection, they may be able to connect the wiring in the wall to a modem which you could plug an ethernet cable directly into. This would likely help a lot, I tried streaming over wi-fi a few times and it would lag if I so much as breathed too hard, lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: EllaM and Natural9
That's quite high. What encoder settings are you using in OBS?

If you're not already, try NVENC encoder as that's the hardware optimised encoder that uses the nVidia video card in your system (can't show where that is right now as I don't have OBS on this machine).

EDIT: it was answered already, but I was on a different page... NVENC = hardware encoder here.
I m really sorry but don't know what NVENC it or how it works but I know my settings on OBS are the ones recomandated by Ctb.. I used same settings for more than 1 years but I didn't had any problems until this month without makeing any changes

Don't worry about it for now, just let your ISP know what's up to rule that out. If everything is okay on their end then you don't really have to do most of that, like using the PingPlotter program. I'd also ask them if there's a way to create a cable connection, they may be able to connect the wiring in the wall to a modem which you could plug an ethernet cable directly into. This would likely help a lot, I tried streaming over wi-fi a few times and it would lag if I so much as breathed too hard, lol.
I will try to move laptop choser by router to see if that helps but unfortunatelly I can't ask for create a cable connection because I stay in rend and that's not my own apartment..

I will try to move laptop choser by router to see if that helps but unfortunatelly I can't ask for create a cable connection because I stay in rend and that's not my own apartment..
I doubt its your internet, and your laptop shouldnt have issues with it's spec. 80% is a lot of usage but it's not enough to cause an issue IMO.

When you get a lot of 1 token tips where is the lag happening, can you see the lag in your obs preview or is it on the site?

Some other things you could try, if you have tip animations from lovense on, try turning them off and see if that makes any difference, again I dont think it will since they shouldnt cause enough of an impact to raise the usage very much, but it's something thats worth trying.

I doubt its your internet, and your laptop shouldnt have issues with it's spec. 80% is a lot of usage but it's not enough to cause an issue IMO.

When you get a lot of 1 token tips where is the lag happening, can you see the lag in your obs preview or is it on the site?

Some other things you could try, if you have tip animations from lovense on, try turning them off and see if that makes any difference, again I dont think it will since they shouldnt cause enough of an impact to raise the usage very much, but it's something thats worth trying.
yes I see on obs preview and after that the "green" things on ctb that shows everything is okay eventually go orange or red.

I don't use any animations, only simple tip menu

I also got this today when I streamed so I had to go offline.. 🥲 I don't know if this have something to do with above problem but seems like obs page just crashed out...

Attachments

• 20231228_204539.jpg
    20231228_204539.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231228_204617.jpg
    20231228_204617.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 14
  • 20231228_204735.jpg
    20231228_204735.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
I also got this today when I streamed so I had to go offline.. 🥲 I don't know if this have something to do with above problem but seems like obs page just crashed out...
I would try maybe switching from the lovense version of obs to normal obs.

The error that you got is normally to do with virtual memory, you can try increasing it:

Has the obs you are using updated recently (like just before the problems started?)

I would take a guess that the problems are related.

Some other things that can cause issues would be heat, if you have your laptop on a pillow or on a bed it can stop it pulling in fresh air, things get hot and then it starts slowing down to try and lower the temps.

Last edited:
My guess without seeing it is you have left the "virtual camera" on in the OBS so you are running 2 cameras and overloading the memory. Turning off the "virtual camera" will dramatically reduce the memory use.

yes I see on obs preview and after that the "green" things on ctb that shows everything is okay eventually go orange or red.

I don't use any animations, only simple tip menu

There has been a time when I cammed on MFC, and that OBS box (that’s usually green) was going crazy with the orange/red/green. But when I said something about it aloud in the chat, the members didn’t know what I was talking about because they said they could see and hear me fine on their end. I’d even been recording the stream, and then played it back…and everything looked and sounded fine in the video too. So then I was like wow, okay…that’s good. But why the hell is the OBS indicator going crazy like that?

There has been a time when I cammed on MFC, and that OBS box (that’s usually green) was going crazy with the orange/red/green. But when I said something about it aloud in the chat, the members didn’t know what I was talking about because they said they could see and hear me fine on their end. I’d even been recording the stream, and then played it back…and everything looked and sounded fine in the video too. So then I was like wow, okay…that’s good. But why the hell is the OBS indicator going crazy like that?
When it happened to me, it was because my ISP was throttling the hell out of my upload speed. I called them, they came out, fiddled with some wires near my house and all ran smoothly after that, however it was my last straw with them and I upgraded to fiber as soon as it was available. Haven't had a single problem since.

Is your lovense extension up to date? did you try opening task manager, going to details, then sorting by memory to see if one of your applications is eating up a lot of memory?

I would try maybe switching from the lovense version of obs to normal obs.

The error that you got is normally to do with virtual memory, you can try increasing it:

Has the obs you are using updated recently (like just before the problems started?)

I would take a guess that the problems are related.

Some other things that can cause issues would be heat, if you have your laptop on a pillow or on a bed it can stop it pulling in fresh air, things get hot and then it starts slowing down to try and lower the temps.
I think I updated obs with about 1 week before problems started so should have nothing to do with.
I have my laptop on the bed but I use a table cooler for laptop, that's must be fine?

My guess without seeing it is you have left the "virtual camera" on in the OBS so you are running 2 cameras and overloading the memory. Turning off the "virtual camera" will dramatically reduce the memory use.
I specificly closed 'virtual camera' before go online and I almost didn't had any problems with small tips slowing my chat until I got this "error" or whatever it was and stream went offline.

unfortunatelly my mods confirmed that my stream is lag, and also I can feel tips very early, after 1 sec I hear it and after another second see the tips in chat, this is not really normal..

I specificly closed 'virtual camera' before go online and I almost didn't had any problems with small tips slowing my chat until I got this "error" or whatever it was and stream went offline.
OK .. you need to open the "task manager" and see what is using up the memory. You have 16GB of memory so for it to shut down because it is out of memory means there is something using a whole lot and should be very obvious in task manager

Is your lovense extension up to date? did you try opening task manager, going to details, then sorting by memory to see if one of your applications is eating up a lot of memory?
I checked task meneger and nothing else beside OBS doens't consume more than 3-5%, but obs use about 75-80%

OK .. you need to open the "task manager" and see what is using up the memory. You have 16GB of memory so for it to shut down because it is out of memory means there is something using a whole lot and should be very obvious in task manager
I suppose I have to do that while I m streaming because when I m offline all results are very low, even obs

I checked task meneger and nothing else beside OBS doens't consume more than 3-5%, but obs use about 75-80%
I would suggest removing OBS(un-installing it) , restarting your computer, then download a new OBS install and see if it fixes the issue.

Why are you giving it to us in percentages? tell us the exact number its showing for memory usage.

DId you ever confirm that you do infact have 16GB of ram? What does it say when you hold down the windows key on your keyboard and tap pause/break? A window should come up giving you information about the computer.

I m really sorry but don't know what NVENC it or how it works but I know my settings on OBS are the ones recomandated by Ctb.. I used same settings for more than 1 years but I didn't had any problems until this month without makeing any changes
In your OBS Output Settings tab, see the Encoder setting below. Make sure NVENC is available as an option in the list and if so, set it to NVENC.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 113010.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot. I would like to have supplied that before, but I have a Mac and OBS is a bit different.

What both of them say about NVENC being set. if it is setup to be software then I would expect that laptop to use 80%+ and have difficulty streaming 1080. If nvenc is set with that Nvidia video card then I would expect the cpu to be much lower and the laptop should have no problem at all. I have used a older Nvidia card with a slower cpu and it could stream 1080 when using nvenc but had difficulty doing 720 without nvidia being set.

Reactions: ElGato and Pommster
Status
Not open for further replies.