AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Social Media Activity

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Val Vega

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 6, 2016
Twitter Username
@TheValVega
I've noticed among cam models that some of the most successful ones are supremely active on social media, like twitter, and interacting with fans outside of the camming medium. For me personally I struggle with this because I have almost zero desire to interact with fans outside of the main platform I cam on.

So, I guess, my question is thus: is this all just part of the work for you, do you enjoy it and do it willingly, or is it a combination of both? If the former, what gets you into that mindset to be able to engage with people that you would otherwise not talk to?

For me, I would engage with my fans a little bit but more so with the ones I actually like(and who tip well).

This might apply to someone like me more, because it is my camming style to build friendships and community. I really like hanging out with, flirting and chatting with interesting folks! That being said, I would not waste my time with people that I don't jive with or who are in anyway disrespectful to my boundaries. Also, since this is not only a great experience for me, but also a business, I don't see how it would be helpful to engage(directly) too much with those who don't also support me, i.e. tipping.

I think overall, whether you are creating a social/sexy environment or a more erotic/explicit environment, it would be beneficial to use social media with fans to some extent. That way they are reminded of you and want to come back.

You should do whatever you want to and feel comfortable doing though.

I would be interested to hear what members think about engaging with their favorite models on social media. I would imagine it varies as well, depending on what they are looking for.

Well, I just had my fourth cammiversary on December 6 and am still hanging in there. (Wouldn't retire for the world.) I am a salty old misanthrope video producer/pro-domme/very part time camgirl/stripper at this point -- I have a few regs I have kept through my years and many persona changes whom I adore and let them have snapchat privileges free, etc. But that is because they have been with me since the very beginning and because they always tip me generously when I do actually cam. It is very much a friendship bond, and until you have been around a while, it can be difficult to separate cam friends from dudes just looking to use you.

I firmly believe social media is helpful for the average bear, but I do NOT think one on on interaction is. So yes, post photos, musings, etc. but don't give away more of yourself than you need to. Making personal attention scarce raises its value-- simple supply and demand.

Edit: I also have a huge affection for my member-friends, and everything they tell me is pretty much HIPPA levels of confidential (whether they are new or old friends.) Let me make that clear. I have been at this a while, though, and do urge newer camgirls to tread lightly.

Last edited:
I would be interested to hear what members think about engaging with their favorite models on social media. I would imagine it varies as well, depending on what they are looking for.

I'm glad you asked, thank you for doing so. I'm not sure if what I say here makes sense but here goes...for me, and I can only speak for myself, social media is another way I can keep in touch with a favored model. She may not be broadcasting at a particular time that I can watch or I may find myself doing something else at the time she's on and can't join in her room (adulting can be a bitch sometimes.) I realize models need to keep as much anonymity as they can and I don't begrudge them one bit, but social media provides a way, both for model and for member, to get to know one another outside of the cam site. Some of the best models I've come across didn't have the highest cam scores (and yeah, that has it's place) but when they dm me telling me they haven't seen me around and asking about me for a bit then, yeah, that means more than I can say.

I understand the models doing so are doing it outside of their work time, that only adds to my respect for them. And eventually (or at least in my case) I may find myself slipping and opening up to her a little more than I may have intended, but that can be a 2-way street and she may do the same. I have yet to meet a model that I have had a serious discussion with that has not kept whatever was said between us; SO much admiration and appreciation for that. Okay I've taken a fork in the road in this post, didn't mean to do that...

Yeah, I keep up with a model's social media as much as she'll me allow to.

I don't do a lot of interaction on social media, I have a public twitter and a private snapchat. Snapchat is new, so I post a lot on there but only when I have subbers, but I take a lot of nudies and send them to friends anyway so it's not out of routine for me haha. For Twitter, I mostly just post when I'm going online and sometimes links to my wishlist or mention my snapchat. I don't get many messages on there, usually just a couple here and there from regulars asking about my schedule.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
I think it has a lot to do with the type of performer you want to be. If you prefer to keep things simple, to the point, get on and do shows/etc then interacting so much on social media isn't as important. Some models prefer a much more community feel and chatty environment to their work, which requires showing more of their human and social side. For them, posting on many sites outside of the actual cam site help create that persona and lets people get to know you and feel more connected.

For me, I really enjoy the social stuff. I mean, I wish I could make all of my goals just by hanging out and flirting with the most fun and chatty regulars.

I post on Twitter almost everyday and even asked my mfc members to introduce themselves to me, because I have literally NO clue who is following me on twitter I have over 700 followers and besides the models. I know no one. I mean maybe members are shy??? But I would love to know the members that come in at least once a day to say hi or tip. Socially, if my room is dead and everyone is quiet i feel so uncomfortable. I like a happy fun chat room but I find that it's hard for members to talk to me in my chat room. I really don't want to block my PM's but I wonder if that would help and bring more members in my room. Or it might just piss them off i'm not sure. I am looking forward to the AVNs I plan on going. I think meeting fans would be GREAT and it will be my first adventure in the world as as a cam girl.EXCITING. Any advice on any of these issues would be great! Thanks!

Reactions: Val Vega
Status
Not open for further replies.