AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

someone tell me why D:

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

siren_song

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 7, 2015
my room has been so slow lately
it has been over a month since i've reached a countdown, and they typically look something like
"222 to get my dress off!"
"150 to bj tease!"
"234 until a sultry striptease!"
yet nothing comes in
and today I was on for my much anticipated [by me only, clearly] easter show
AND LOOK HOW CUTE I WAS
and my topic was
"222 until bj tease/HT gets my new BUN WORSHIP video for easter sunday! follow me on twitter @siren_song_mfc/11 if you like me/22 spanks/33 flash tail/222 for any 2 vids on profile"
so they could have tipped to kill the countdown, AND gotten any 2 videos, AND gotten my new video.
i was on for slightly over an hour
i had 5+ premiums with over 300 tk each silently watching me
one kept popping in and out to see if i was naked yet, im assuming...
the rest either dont talk, or just sit there saying the nastiest dirtiest things to me, expecting me to reciprocate for free
its killin me
I have read all these posts on what to do in your room, topic supple and demand, everything.
i stay smiling and engaged, i laugh, joke, play, ask about their days, and get absolutely nothing.
i'm so confused and disheartened and it would mean the world if someone could give me some insight.

Attachments

• Picture 191.jpg
    Picture 191.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 641
  • Picture 194.jpg
    Picture 194.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 641
Reactions: WickedTouch
These are general observations and they may nor may not apply to you. I haven't seen you on cam so can't give you any specific pointers.

- I get the overwhelming impression that there is no "one size fits all, key to success" in camland. You can do everything that you've heard is "good practice", you can look amazing, you can be personable and flirty and fun, you can market yourself, you can come up with unique games, you can have great content... none of it guarantees that people will tip.

- I've seen many, many cam girls become disheartened and frustrated for the reasons that you listed here, and the more frustrated they become, the less money they make. Every time. And then they become even more frustrated, and they make even less. It's a vicious cycle and one that I'm sure pulling yourself out of is much easier said than done. If you're frustrated on cam though, members can sense it. Some times it's beneficial to take a break from camming and come back with a clear head.

- If your countdowns aren't clearing, maybe it's time to change them up. Experiment. See what works for you. Same with content and tip incentives.

- You say that there are members saying nasty and dirty things to you... do you mean trolls or guys just trying to trick you in to giving them free dirty talk? How you deal with these members can have a big effect on others in your room. If you're publicly engaging with them and it's obvious that they're getting to you, that can create a pretty negative atmosphere and one that members might not want to be a part of. Silently banning them would be your best bet (and like I say, I haven't seen you on cam, so I'm not suggesting any of this is actually happening to you or that you're not dealing with any of this stuff sensibly, I'm just throwing things out there based on what you've said that could possibly be factors).

What webcam do you use? Your lighting looks pretty good but I've never seen you live on cam either.
Webcam quality can effect room counts.
Things that help me get out of funks is if you can try going on multiple times a day.
Try a day shift, if its slow take a break and then try a night shift. Maybe you'll meet new people you otherwise wouldn't have met that way.
Switch up your countdowns! Instead of a direct countdown try something like Tip 1-10 ascending (insert any numbers) for xx event
Or sometimes I do "when the jenga tower falls xx show" and charge for jenga removal.
Interactive things that get the room involved seem to work well.
Also utilize the search function on this forum for game ideas and creative shows/themes. :) It helped me!

mynameisbob84 said:
These are general observations and they may nor may not apply to you. I haven't seen you on cam so can't give you any specific pointers.

- I get the overwhelming impression that there is no "one size fits all, key to success" in camland. You can do everything that you've heard is "good practice", you can look amazing, you can be personable and flirty and fun, you can market yourself, you can come up with unique games, you can have great content... none of it guarantees that people will tip.

- I've seen many, many cam girls become disheartened and frustrated for the reasons that you listed here, and the more frustrated they become, the less money they make. Every time. And then they become even more frustrated, and they make even less. It's a vicious cycle and one that I'm sure pulling yourself out of is much easier said than done. If you're frustrated on cam though, members can sense it. Some times it's beneficial to take a break from camming and come back with a clear head.

- If your countdowns aren't clearing, maybe it's time to change them up. Experiment. See what works for you. Same with content and tip incentives.

- You say that there are members saying nasty and dirty things to you... do you mean trolls or guys just trying to trick you in to giving them free dirty talk? How you deal with these members can have a big effect on others in your room. If you're publicly engaging with them and it's obvious that they're getting to you, that can create a pretty negative atmosphere and one that members might not want to be a part of. Silently banning them would be your best bet (and like I say, I haven't seen you on cam, so I'm not suggesting any of this is actually happening to you or that you're not dealing with any of this stuff sensibly, I'm just throwing things out there based on what you've said that could possibly be factors).

thanks so much for taking the time for such a response!

I actually do most of these things. I change up my countdown if 30 minutes has passed and no one has tipped.
as far as the comments, I actually get both, but the trolls don't really phase me, they get banned instantly, I don't tolerate hate. But the premiums who try to engage me in dirty talk, who clearly have unhidden tokens...please. That kinda gets me. But even then, I usually just ignore their advances and continue doing my own thing.
BUT! I will acknowledge the possibility that I only think I am handling all of this in the way I describe. Maybe my whole self comes across different on the other side of the webcam.

katza_ said:
What webcam do you use? Your lighting looks pretty good but I've never seen you live on cam either.
Webcam quality can effect room counts.
Things that help me get out of funks is if you can try going on multiple times a day.
Try a day shift, if its slow take a break and then try a night shift. Maybe you'll meet new people you otherwise wouldn't have met that way.
Switch up your countdowns! Instead of a direct countdown try something like Tip 1-10 ascending (insert any numbers) for xx event
Or sometimes I do "when the jenga tower falls xx show" and charge for jenga removal.
Interactive things that get the room involved seem to work well.
Also utilize the search function on this forum for game ideas and creative shows/themes. :) It helped me!

I have a logitech c920
I do sometimes wonder about my quality, but when I can manage to snatch a member aside to ask they tell me its perfect. Skeptical still, but I'm not sure how I might figure that out.
It has been a little while since I've done a game of sorts, I'll try that tomorrow.
Thanks for the advice!

Advertising yourself on ACF using links in your signature and this forum and this thread might attract a few members of a better disposition to your room. Also, if you have a low camscore and offer really low countdowns, that tends to attract a certain type of premium, who may not view you in the best light, and who are only there on the off chance they might get a free show. If you aren't clearing such low countdowns, anyway, would it do any harm to raise those numbers significantly? Like 1000 or more tokens to get the show on the road? I mean, it just strikes me that you've got some really low countdowns offered, and that might actually be to your detriment.

zippypinhead said:
Advertising yourself on ACF using links in your signature and this forum and this thread might attract a few members of a better disposition to your room. Also, if you have a low camscore and offer really low countdowns, that tends to attract a certain type of premium, who may not view you in the best light, and who are only there on the off chance they might get a free show. If you aren't clearing such low countdowns, anyway, would it do any harm to raise those numbers significantly? Like 1000 or more tokens to get the show on the road? I mean, it just strikes me that you've got some really low countdowns offered, and that might actually be to your detriment.

Definitely will do that.
Actually, I was kind of wondering the same thing. When I first started, my countdowns were pretty high. it would take 1000 just to get my dress off.
But people stopped tipping, so I thought maybe low/small countdowns
but, maybe I will have to try putting them somewhere midway between past and present numbers.
thanks for your suggestions ^_^

Reactions: zippypinhead
You need to stay on longer than an hour. Not sure what my camscore is, guessing around 3200, but I usually don't make much the first hour I am on, sometimes nothing. Always stay on for at least three hours. If a day is going well after three hours, keep going, if it's slow, then log out.

To me, it sounds as if you have fallen into the Sargasso Sea of camming. You were sailing along like a ship of old, when suddenly the wind departed and you were left stranded. Floating at the mercy of the currents. And they are not doing more then spinning you in wide circles.

It's a tough place to be. Not enough tippers to clear counts, not enough going on to attract new eyes, and the passing hands of the clock pounding your camscore lower towards the whirlpool of page two.

I don't have a ready answer for escaping it. I've seen some models get over it by networking with other models and traveling to cam with them, thus exposing themselves to the other girls regulars which can result in new eyes and tips and word of mouth, especially if the girl you came with had a good experience. You'd be "Up-camming" with women who have higher scores, who benefit from having a live partner to do interactive things with, while you benefit from the exposure. Over time, you can start to clear the doldrums and get some motion again.

I often see the first countdown, to get the shirt and bra off take forever for stranded models. The count, no matter how small just sits. And no skin = less eyes popping in to see what is up. Starting topless or with a stupidly low count to get topless might move things a bit. It's giving away some of the goods, but if it brings in even one or two people who will tip toward your fun activities, and further nudity, and who might like your personality and become regulars it could be worth it.

You are in a hard place. And there is no one easy fix for it. I hope that you manage to get some traction.

Myriads

LuthienBlythe said:
You need to stay on longer than an hour. Not sure what my camscore is, guessing around 3200, but I usually don't make much the first hour I am on, sometimes nothing. Always stay on for at least three hours. If a day is going well after three hours, keep going, if it's slow, then log out.

This. So much this. My first hour is usually really slow, sometimes I'll leave myself things to do on cam while I wait for it to pick up. Ie setting up a game/Jenga tower or finishing my lipstick or something.
My time on cam averages 3 hours, but the majority of the action is past hour one.

katza_ said:
LuthienBlythe said:

This. So much this. My first hour is usually really slow, sometimes I'll leave myself things to do on cam while I wait for it to pick up. Ie setting up a game/Jenga tower or finishing my lipstick or something.
My time on cam averages 3 hours, but the majority of the action is past hour one.

So true, and from a member's viewpoint, being on for a short time makes it difficult to catch the model online. There are several models I want to check out, and I have email alerts set up, but by the time I get back to my computer and check my email, they're long gone.

A related suggestion is to cam on a somewhat predictable schedule. I know this is often easier said than done, but it can help build a following of regulars.

LuthienBlythe said:

+1

Kickaz has posted a few times that more than 1/2 of her tips come the 4th hour of her show, and given her consistent top 10 finished, I'd be inclined to listen to her.
The other way of looking at is, I imagine that average camgirl spends close to an hour prepare for a show, hair, makeup, figuring out what to wear, setting up lighting, doing contests etc.
If you are only on for an hour after all that work, you've cut your average wage in 1/2. A camgirl with a camscore of 2,000 who only cams at an hour at time, is making less per hour than model with 1,000 score who prepares for 1 hour and cams for 3 hours.

HiGirlsRHot said:
LuthienBlythe said:

+1

Kickaz has posted a few times that more than 1/2 of her tips come the 4th hour of her show, and given her consistent top 10 finished, I'd be inclined to listen to her.
The other way of looking at is, I imagine that average camgirl spends close to an hour prepare for a show, hair, makeup, figuring out what to wear, setting up lighting, doing contests etc.
If you are only on for an hour after all that work, you've cut your average wage in 1/2. A camgirl with a camscore of 2,000 who only cams at an hour at time, is making less per hour than model with 1,000 score who prepares for 1 hour and cams for 3 hours.

I find it difficult to keep my energy level high enough to stay on for more than an hour of excruciating slowness. As my "happy" vibe fades, and i can't fake a smile very well.. i tend to take a break instead and come back.

Miss_Lollipop said:
HiGirlsRHot said:
LuthienBlythe said:
I find it difficult to keep my energy level high enough to stay on for more than an hour of excruciating slowness. As my "happy" vibe fades, and i can't fake a smile very well.. i tend to take a break instead and come back.

Obviously whatever works and for me there is a big difference between taking a meal break, and coming back in an hour or two, and the log off and not comeback for another couple of days. MFC is so random that I think it is virtually impossible to predict, when the new person will discover you and drop a bomb, or the old regular that you haven't seen in a year will get back form deployment or a million other factors. For me it is like trying to predict the stock market some day it goes up other days it goes, days, it goes up more days than it goes down. Hence it is better to be in the market than out of it. So its better to be on cam than off.

I know am not the only person is who is more inclined to tip a model when she is having a bad day, then when the countdown are going quickly and she is loving camming.

I've seen you online before. I thought you looked really great and came into your room but all the things in your topic were foot related. Feet really arent my thing so I left. I dont know if thats your main thing or not and I know there are a lot of guys out there with foot fetishes but not sure if there are enough to make specializing in that profitable. Looking at your first post it seems you do all sorts of other stuff so I guess I just happened to catch you on the wrong day.

I have just added you to my friend list though so next time I see you online I will be sure to stop by.

fandango said:
I've seen you online before. I thought you looked really great and came into your room but all the things in your topic were foot related. Feet really arent my thing so I left. I dont know if thats your main thing or not and I know there are a lot of guys out there with foot fetishes but not sure if there are enough to make specializing in that profitable. Looking at your first post it seems you do all sorts of other stuff so I guess I just happened to catch you on the wrong day.

I have just added you to my friend list though so next time I see you online I will be sure to stop by.

And on that note.... 99% of the feet guys on MFC are freeloaders and will never tip, so if you're doing foot-focal camming, it can be really difficult to actually squeeze out the guys who will actually tip. I've found more paying foot folks on Chaturbate and Streammate, never had on on MFC.

Reactions: Jessi
Splitcam with CB or try a private based site like SM.

Then after your confidence goes back up, try MFC again. You are hot and cute, it's just the fuckers in your room have no money.

I am in your shoes as well, I have yet to break into MFC and master it to make it my bitch. However, I am a top row model on SM. I don't know why there is such a difference either.

Reactions: TeganTrex
If you prefer the format of MFC, maybe you could try Chaturbate for a while until you get "used to" camming and find your style. Then you can come back to MFC with more experience and planning.

You seem to be lowballing your countdowns and a little desperate... I do believe you are not doing anything especially wrong, other models are just doing it better. Hope that wasn't too mean, I did not mean that you can't be one of them.

It is actually a common thing, keep working at it. Right now you seem to be that model your members almost tip for more from, they are holding back or getting enough to be happy watching you for free.

I don't know if this helps...the pics of you are sexy enough to get off on quite easily, and sweet enough that it would be a risk asking for more, especially with a tease based countdown. Members will tip that for the right attention, perhaps something personalised would be worth a try, it will carry the fantasy further for them.

LuthienBlythe said:
I also agree with this, you must put in the time. Other models have also said how important this is to success, perhaps those thinking of spending on you just wanted to check that you were their best choice.

You are plenty cute. Just keep at it, and don't sell yourself short.

Invest time - hours, not minutes - lurking in the rooms of successful models you identify with. But don't do it in the expectation that you will be able, necessarily, to match their success in a few weeks, but to learn how they approach their work and run their rooms.

Sevrin said:
You are plenty cute. Just keep at it, and don't sell yourself short.

Invest time - hours, not minutes - lurking in the rooms of successful models you identify with. But don't do it in the expectation that you will be able, necessarily, to match their success in a few weeks, but to learn how they approach their work and run their rooms.

This is a great point! A lot of people suggest watching top models for ideas on how to run your room well. While those ladies are certainly doing something right, it's a lot more inspiring to check out a model with a similar body type/appearance (and camming style, if possible) and a slightly higher camscore - this will give you more accurate information about what can be helpful to try in your room.

HyoriKim said:
Splitcam with CB or try a private based site like SM.

Then after your confidence goes back up, try MFC again. You are hot and cute, it's just the fuckers in your room have no money.

I am in your shoes as well, I have yet to break into MFC and master it to make it my bitch. However, I am a top row model on SM. I don't know why there is such a difference either.

THIS.

So, much, this.

If MFC is your only cam site, and you aren't making anything and your camscore is diving, you will panic and that kind of stress-filled environment just doesn't work with MFC's culture.

Find another site as a back up, some place where your time online won't count against you, and use that as the site you pay your bills with.

I use Streamate in this fashion. I cam on MFC only because I want to. I get to be creative, and if my camscore dives or I have a bad night? I don't care that much because I cam on MFC for the fun of it.

Chaturbate has a similar vibe to it, it's a BIT more sexual, but you have apps you can run, and being online doesn't ruin your placement.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I'm saying the following without knowing anything about you personally or your room

Do you have core regulars?

I think it makes a big difference to have a nice few regular members in your room (even if they aren't big tippers themselves) because it gives you a chance at least to be chatty and show your personality and be engaging; then when new people come in they get to see the best side of you.

Because it's a two way street isn't it, you can't really be cool and engaging if you have no one to bounce off of in the room.

Also have you tried playing games? blackjack or something; that can be pretty fun for everyone

What is your camming schedule like? maybe if you try and get on at the same kind of time everyday, you will match up with the same members and build relationships

Also maybe if you try a certain time of day for a week or two and it's not so good, try and come on a bit later or earlier

In the end though I think it's just a matter of time before you get the popularity you deserve, so stick with it and it will come good sooner or later.

It's not an if, but when.

Reactions: KatVonnegut
I agree with mfcgod about the core group. I got my group by being consistent and on at the same time. A lot of my core guys aren't high tippers but they're lovely people who make me laugh and add to the vibe of the room. Without them katlandia would be a totally different place, it's really important to make connections and friends like that. I reward my regs that hangout with me even if they can't afford to tip a lot because they make camming so much more enjoyable.
But you need to be consistent and online so that they can find you!

Status
Not open for further replies.