AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Sound Issues - How do you decide who to "listen" to?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
The question is quite stupid in the title but obviously once you read what I am asking, it will make a lot more sense.
I am sure every one of you models have experienced this issue before but the main question is "how do you DECIDE WHO you listen to in order to resolve (or not resolve) this issue?"

I was in a model's room and I could barely hear her.
I had been viewing/listening to other rooms previously and they were absolutely perfectly fine for sound, not blaring at me and not so quiet or soft I had to not be making any other sound so that I could hear.
Typically, I will have a room on CB set to about 20-40% volume on the site, and then about the same on my PC, and it's always more than enough UNLESS obviously they have music on too loud.

She was talking with me and I was trying to talk back, so after a few mins or so, I let her know (I wasn't rude) that her sound was low and that I had my sound up on CB to 100%, and on my computer to 80% (approx) and I could still only JUST hear her but I had to stop doing everything else and my room has to be super quiet. At this volume I had it, I could hear a buzzing noise (nothing drastic but it was there at this high volume), but I still could not hear her voice so good. She basically laughed at me for saying this, trying to blame it on me, my hearing or my computer (fair enough)...

Now, as anyone else would also do, she asked others in her room if they were experiencing the same problem. 2 other people spoke up. However, they were conflicting. One agreed with me and said that he had to have the sound VERY high to hear her - after he wrote, she did actually take it a bit more seriously - but then.... the 2nd person to speak up (a grey but that doesn't really have relevance, I guess for this situation?) said that the sound was, and I quote "normal, exactly like other streamers"...

Now, I know for a fact it was not and is not me, and plus at least one other guy did say it was the same for him/them.
I went and tested a few more random cams, and low and behold, if I went in their room at 100%/80% (as described above) then it almost made my ears pop from being so loud.

She seemed to take the side of the grey who said it was "normal", so I just said ok as not to cause issues, after all, she is streaming live and I get that it's stressful already.

But my real point or question is how do you decide "who" to believe in this kind of situation so you can choose whether to try mess around and get the volume higher, or leave it be?
I completely understand that she may not have wanted to be messing around with her mic volume and potentially having to stop her streams (she is on multiple sites). But then surely if it's so low for many guys, she could be losing people who may want to take her private or whatever. I guess a good thing for a model in this situation would be to ask multiple people that she trusts enough.

(I do obviously also understand it could be affected by if some people who say "it's fine/normal" may be using headphones)

Reading this back after writing it, it sounds like I am a bit annoyed, but that's not the case. I am genuinely curious how you decide the "end result"?

I just keep asking the room on SM. I have had streams where one guy says it's too quiet or there's a problem, but literally everyone else has said it's fine. So obviously in that situation I would ignore the one guy. Because that's what is easiest for me to do (unless he's a high paying regular, who I like a lot).

However, I have never had a situation where some are saying that there is a problem, and others are disagreeing. In that case, I would likely take it seriously, unless I was slamming busy with shows regardless . But if 2 guys were saying there was an issue, I would contact the head of my IT department (lol a model from this forum who I tip for IT help), and ask him if he had time right then, for me to tip him to help me out. That's a simple way for me to confirm the problem, he would just come to my room, and tell me what he hears, and I would take that as the final word.

I've literally never had the situation where some guys are having an issue and some are not. I am picky about volume or noises myself, so if 2 people were saying it, I would definitely take it seriously. Even if a random person was saying it was fine. Especially if one of the people saying it was sticking around, and obviously answering my questions about it reliably. I would be more likely to trust that than someone bouncing in and out of my room, not really giving much input on the issue when I ask, or giving a brief "fine".

Lets just say I was having a super stressful night, and I ignored the 2 who were having the issue, or laughed it off (which I would not do, but lets say hypothetically I did that). I would keep it in mind regardless of acting like I wasn't paying attention to it, because if they were telling the truth, it's gonna be a quiet night, and I'm gonna lose out on earnings because of it. As a business person, that's a bigger deal to me, than being "right" or some ego thing about publically acknowledging I'm having sound issues.

Hope that made sense. You don't sound pissed off. You sound like you are trying to problem solve how to get this person to fix their sound issues, which is ultimately helpful for the model in question :) It is understandable that you would want to do that, before potentially spending money on a show w/ them.

I have Mr Dani check if he's available. I use OBS so I can usually tell if sound isn't working correctly, dropped frames etc or I go on my phone to check my feed. If it's one dude, I tell him to refresh. I definitely listen to members who hang out in my room a lot over randoms. Majority of any issues, it's on the users end and not mine.

i would just go with the majority. if one member has a an issue i always check to see if more people have the same issue before i determine if something is wrong on my end. i also don't want to get distracted solving a tech issue that may not be mine while i'm doing a show. i also would probably initially listen more to someone who is a regular in my room since i would assume they know their settings/my settings. but i wouldn't ignore someone who is new and commenting on a tech issue either.

Hey, thanks for the replies, I appreciate them.

After posting this thread I thought "why not check on the other site/s she is on" (I know of one, but i think she is on more).

So, that's what I did. What I actually learned from her stream is, on CB where I had this issue, it was not like this on StripChat. In fact, it was very clear on that site. I literally had the opposite problem: it was TOO loud if I left the volume settings as I needed them on CB. So, on SC, I had the volume to about 25% and my PC one to the same (compared to CB volumes being 100% and my PC volume at 80%), and she was absolutely clear.

She was using the same Webcam and the same mic from what I could see.

Reactions: MarieElise
Personally I record a bit of my stream and check it myself if I feel there is a need to do so. But since I can see the audio level right there on my screen, it's pretty easy to determine whether or not I need to make adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.