AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Special software?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2016
i am brand new to camming and heard about a program that will prevent my show from being shown in certain areas (my city for example), prevents the audience members from recording, etc. Does anyone know the name of software that can do this?

i am brand new to camming and heard about a program that will prevent my show from being shown in certain areas (my city for example), prevents the audience members from recording, etc. Does anyone know the name of software that can do this?

For your first question, search for region block (no quotes) on this forum. It's a feature of the MFC software that models use. It's easily circumvented by viewers who use a VPN, for example. Also, I keep a small Windows Server virtual computer on Amazon Web Services, mainly to diagnose network problems. Since it's in another state, I can use it to circumvent blocks of my state/region.

Preventing members from recording....not possible, even in principle. If it appears on someone's screen, it can be captured one way or another. As has been discussed often on this forum, you should assume that if you're broadcasting, you are likely being recorded and the resulting videos may end up on tube sites. And those videos can be downloaded from within your blocked area (they have nothing to do with MFC). There are pros and cons to this. Some models see these videos as free advertising. All of this stuff is discussed in much greater detail on this forum. Try the search box above, or go to Google and search for site:ambercutie.com region block (or whatever search term you want).

The general consensus (at least on this forum) seems to be that if your shows being recorded or if someone you know seeing you online are things you're not prepared to deal with, then it's best not to start camming in the first place as there's no way to safeguard against those things happening. You can block states from entering your room on MFC, but all it would take to get past that is a VPN. And like Osmia said, there's no way to prevent your shows from being capped and shared, short of never camming to begin with.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Status
Not open for further replies.