AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Split camming is AWESSSOMME!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella25

Cam Model
Dec 21, 2019
United States
Twitter Username
@Sinderella25
MFC Username
Sinderella25
Ok so I split cammed on StripChat (my first day streaming as a new model on this platform) and my OG platform, MFC at the same time. Using Splitcam, instead of two instances of OBS (never tried this as I have a MacBook and I’m afraid of frying it) worked surprisingly well, although I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate SC.
If you’re having trouble getting people to talk to you on one site, do yourself a favor and try split camming. This way, you’re not missing out on potential whales/regulars/new fans on the site you’re established on, and while also having the ability to continue up a chat with new people and rake in that new model coin. This will inevitably increase your mood, and likely result in your established room also making more money/ livening of the atmosphere.
The BIGGEST issue here, though is private (and group shows, if you do those). It’s bad practice to continue stream publicly on site A, whiled you’re in a closed off premium show on site B. It can be exhausting to have lots of privates on both platforms at the same time, but boy is it exciting. Lol

Sorry for the novella! Just wanted to contribute some positivity that made me almost $300 tonight, both sites combined. I think those who are struggling sometimes, like me, might want to get that extra push from a good experience by a small timer <2k/mo

I love splitcamming its the best thing i ever did!!!
Seriously! I don’t know why I was so reluctant to try it! I was scared to earn too much and have to pay more in taxes mostly (because I can barely make ends meet to save for tax time as it is😫)

Reactions: AussieCosplay
I adore split camming. I'm on stripchat, chaturbate and mfc. I'm considering dropping mfc and picking up camsoda in it's place.

Seriously! I don’t know why I was so reluctant to try it! I was scared to earn too much and have to pay more in taxes mostly (because I can barely make ends meet to save for tax time as it is😫)
You only pay higher taxes on the income you make after making it into the next bracket. So say you get taxed 15% up until 24k per year and if you make 25k you have to pay 20% cause you fall into the next bracket... you would pay 15% on the first 24k and 20% on that 1k only. So it’s always better to earn more even if you fall into a higher tax bracket

You only pay higher taxes on the income you make after making it into the next bracket. So say you get taxed 15% up until 24k per year and if you make 25k you have to pay 20% cause you fall into the next bracket... you would pay 15% on the first 24k and 20% on that 1k only. So it’s always better to earn more even if you fall into a higher tax bracket
Oh I didn’t know that! That’s perfect! This makes me way less anxious!!

Yup, only sucky thing is if you're close to the income line that you lose the earned income tax credit or child tax credit (obviously if you have kids to begin with). Last couple years I made too much to claim. But yes, definitely go make as much as you can! Save for early retirement.

I splitcam too and I don't do privates at all. I might move to one day a week that I open privates up now that mfc works better with obs and privates. For a while my income on both sites was dead even. Now stripchat makes more for me.

When you split sites do you turn audio off for the tipping sound? If you hit goal on one site do you go ahead for both sites? I want to split MFC with other sites but not sure about etiquette.

When I split, I keep the volume on. I don't know if its bad etiquette really, but its easier for me, because I know when to do certain actions that are tipped for if I don't have my lush in/on. When I reach goal, I do goal for both sites. I find that it gets more people in the room, for one. And for two, I'm still making money either way, because people start tipping on site B (like 60% of the time) when I'm doing a goal on site A. I'm willing to take the chance and do a goal show in public because If I've met goal, I've already made enough to satisfy me for the day. I feel like a good business practice is to be able to give things away (to some extent) as a reward for people sticking around and tipping. Its worked for me! Three nights in a row I've made over $300!

Thank you for sharing, That is so helpful! I have been nervous to do it but I also have new status on stripchat and your post inspired me. It makes much more sense to me now that you have explained it. Sometimes I struggle to understand things until its literally written down for me. Thank you!

I've only streamed on CB, but I'm registered with mfc,bongacams, and livejasmine. I'm not sure how to splitcam to be honest. Also livejasmine doesn't allow nude on free chat. How would you go about splitcamming? Any info is much appreciated. I've only been doing this for like 3 weeks. Still figuring everything out.

Reactions: AussieCosplay
@Sinderella25 you mentioned you have a MacBook, do you see a difference in performance of your computer splitcamming vs. streaming to one site? Also, do you have another screen, or just your laptop? I have a quite decent MacBook so hopefully it would handle the load, but what's stopping me the most is the fact it's only 13" and I can't imagine being able to fit everything I need to see on the screen.

When I split, I keep the volume on. I don't know if its bad etiquette really, but its easier for me, because I know when to do certain actions that are tipped for if I don't have my lush in/on. When I reach goal, I do goal for both sites. I find that it gets more people in the room, for one. And for two, I'm still making money either way, because people start tipping on site B (like 60% of the time) when I'm doing a goal on site A. I'm willing to take the chance and do a goal show in public because If I've met goal, I've already made enough to satisfy me for the day. I feel like a good business practice is to be able to give things away (to some extent) as a reward for people sticking around and tipping. Its worked for me! Three nights in a row I've made over $300!
It is TERRIBLE etiquette to have the sound on. Big spenders and loyal members of one site or the other hate when models split cam. I have my sound off and let my tip vibe notify me of tips. Then I have air pod pros I connect to my work phone for notifications for messages or indy requests. Mostly my air pods are in to watch movies and shows while streaming is dead.

Reactions: eroticalynn
@Sinderella25 you mentioned you have a MacBook, do you see a difference in performance of your computer splitcamming vs. streaming to one site? Also, do you have another screen, or just your laptop? I have a quite decent MacBook so hopefully it would handle the load, but what's stopping me the most is the fact it's only 13" and I can't imagine being able to fit everything I need to see on the screen.
I have a Macbook Pro from 2017 and it can't handle split camming. I use ManyCam. I ended up just getting a cheap gaming laptop with Windows and use it for splitcamming only. Works fine but even with 2 sites + ManyCam + sticky notes open, it can struggle memory wise.

Reactions: eroticalynn

You can download version for MAC from official site : https://splitcam.com , your macos version must be Mojave or higher.
I recommend you to use same preset for all site yoг stream them, if you use the same preset for all sites to which you broadcast, then you should not have problems with CPU load on your computer.

If you have on your PC or MAC - nvidia or amd (video adapter) it will be work much better and take low CPU usage, also if you are planning to buy a computer for a good multi brodcast ( splitcamming ). I recommend you : processor i7 or higher , video adapter nvidia 1050 or higher, 16 gigabytes of RAM.

I have a Macbook Pro from 2017 and it can't handle split camming. I use ManyCam. I ended up just getting a cheap gaming laptop with Windows and use it for splitcamming only. Works fine but even with 2 sites + ManyCam + sticky notes open, it can struggle memory wise.
new splitcam ver.10 work on MacOS too , and low cpu usage for mac and windows too. i recommend you to try it.

It is TERRIBLE etiquette to have the sound on. Big spenders and loyal members of one site or the other hate when models split cam. I have my sound off and let my tip vibe notify me of tips. Then I have air pod pros I connect to my work phone for notifications for messages or indy requests. Mostly my air pods are in to watch movies and shows while streaming is dead.
wow. i did not know it was bad etiquette!! thank you. a lot of my regulars have been kind of acting snooty about me splitting but like ??? they don't fucking tip me anything lmao. I HAVE to split to survive.

You can download version for MAC from official site : https://splitcam.com , your macos version must be Mojave or higher.
I recommend you to use same preset for all site yoг stream them, if you use the same preset for all sites to which you broadcast, then you should not have problems with CPU load on your computer.

If you have on your PC or MAC - nvidia or amd (video adapter) it will be work much better and take low CPU usage, also if you are planning to buy a computer for a good multi brodcast ( splitcamming ). I recommend you : processor i7 or higher , video adapter nvidia 1050 or higher, 16 gigabytes of RAM.
Well whatever I have sucks...where did I go wrong lol
Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 9.18.53 AM.png

Reactions: SplitCam
I usually use another account to tipmyself to the goal on the site where it's more difficult meet tip goals. Kinda easy on CB and Soda where you can tranfer tokens between various accounts, and tricky on stripchat where you can't (why, why stripchat?!). usually you will meet them often on your main site, and after giving too much giveaways you will attract mostly freeloaders on other sites as they will now that the show will come no matter the tips.

Reactions: GoddessV
wow. i did not know it was bad etiquette!! thank you. a lot of my regulars have been kind of acting snooty about me splitting but like ??? they don't fucking tip me anything lmao. I HAVE to split to survive.
You do you - this has always been a debated topic. I've done it both ways (sound off/sound on) and it doesn't seem to change things either way. if it is working for you - stick to it!

I've had guys realize I was splitcamming and move to the site where the payout is more for me because they realized I was doing it and they wanted me to be able to keep more of their money. Regs will sometimes be snotty about it but if they aren't paying your bills.... fuck 'em. Ya know? I've had to tell a few regs to STFU because my mortgage company comes first LOL.

Does anyone know where to find the stream key to split cam on manyvids?
In SplitCam you can stream to any site with streamkey just add it like a custom channel.
And if site not support streamkey you can stream with virtual camera.

But I think manyvids not support streamkey ;(

I use ManyCam to splitcam on MFC and Stripchat but lately Stripchat is constantly toogling between LIVE and NO VIDEO. This is new. Maybe I need to try another broadcaster. Any recommendations???
Hello
Try our new version of multi-broadcaster software https://splitcam.com

If you will have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you.

Reactions: JennyFae
Ok so I split cammed on StripChat (my first day streaming as a new model on this platform) and my OG platform, MFC at the same time. Using Splitcam, instead of two instances of OBS (never tried this as I have a MacBook and I’m afraid of frying it) worked surprisingly well, although I’m still trying to figure out how to navigate SC.
If you’re having trouble getting people to talk to you on one site, do yourself a favor and try split camming. This way, you’re not missing out on potential whales/regulars/new fans on the site you’re established on, and while also having the ability to continue up a chat with new people and rake in that new model coin. This will inevitably increase your mood, and likely result in your established room also making more money/ livening of the atmosphere.
The BIGGEST issue here, though is private (and group shows, if you do those). It’s bad practice to continue stream publicly on site A, whiled you’re in a closed off premium show on site B. It can be exhausting to have lots of privates on both platforms at the same time, but boy is it exciting. Lol

Sorry for the novella! Just wanted to contribute some positivity that made me almost $300 tonight, both sites combined. I think those who are struggling sometimes, like me, might want to get that extra push from a good experience by a small timer <2k/mo
get that coin!!!

Thanks for sharing this strategey. I've actually never considered split camming. I'm still confused. So, realistically you have to be carfeful about what camsites you are slipcaming on at the same time??? Otherwiese, how is that typcially handeled in realtime once a goal is met on site A or B. We are to take into account that some sites don't allow nudity in public chat and some only if there are tokens tipped.

Thanks for sharing this strategey. I've actually never considered split camming. I'm still confused. So, realistically you have to be carfeful about what camsites you are slipcaming on at the same time??? Otherwiese, how is that typcially handeled in realtime once a goal is met on site A or B. We are to take into account that some sites don't allow nudity in public chat and some only if there are tokens tipped.
i would just choose camsites with similar rules, like cb and mfc that allow nudity, i would pass on livejasmin since it doesnt allow it (not worth it either since percentage pay is low af), and if a goal is met on A, do it also for B, who knows maybe theyll tip more when seeing you do the goal!

i would just choose camsites with similar rules, like cb and mfc that allow nudity, i would pass on livejasmin since it doesnt allow it (not worth it either since percentage pay is low af), and if a goal is met on A, do it also for B, who knows maybe theyll tip more when seeing you do the goal!
Gottya. Makes much sense, thanks!

Reactions: romanholiday
Status
Not open for further replies.