AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Splitcam OBS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBabe

Inactive Cam Model
Jan 14, 2015
RO
www.iwantcarlyqueen.com
Twitter Username
@CarlyQueen_
MFC Username
Carly_Queen
Streamate Username
Carly_Queen
Chaturbate Username
Carly_Queen
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000351431/CarlyQueen/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/103091/carly-queens-playground
I am watching this girl - MyKinkyDope - on CB and MFC and her cam looks so good and the quality is the same on both . Any ideas on how she can splitcam with OBS ? She doesn't seem to be using 2 cams.

Reactions: LenaSexton
you can set your cam splitter to pick up the camera and then select the splitter in video sources in OBS. If you want to use OBS then to stream to multiple sites you just need to run more instances of it and select the profile on each window that has the site details you want to connect to.

you can set your cam splitter to pick up the camera and then select the splitter in video sources in OBS. If you want to use OBS then to stream to multiple sites you just need to run more instances of it and select the profile on each window that has the site details you want to connect to.
Sorry, this is gibberish, what do you mean by "instances" Is that "scenes"?

I split cam to 3 sites. It’s all about how you set up the programming. Hubby does the tech but I only use the OBS key thingy in chaturbate and the other two sites mirror what I have on there. Same blue snowball speaker for it as well. Only issue I have is MFC doesn’t capture widescreen that obs does so that view is slightly cropped on the sides

Program instance. If you look in task manager on your PC you'd see OBS running twice if you launched it again. Each OBS uses it's own memory and resources so it's instanced.
Okay, I understand it better.. But I can't open multiple OBS windows on my Mac :/

I've tried to look information up on this else where but haven't found anything related to this.
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20191228_003325.jpg
    IMG_20191228_003325.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20191228-003034.png
    Screenshot_20191228-003034.png
    271.7 KB · Views: 24
Xsplit and OBS are both broadcasting software so they wont show up as a cam or a virtual cam. For that you would want something like Manycam or splitcam (splitcam is a broadcasting software with a cam splitter built in, but seems it or miss on weather ti will work....at least with chaturbate.)
**Edit**
Just saw what you meant with the xsplit vcam...Didnt know they had added it in. Dont really understand why anyone would want to run your cam from xsplit to obs seems like a very resource heavy solution.

Last edited:
What's the best software to stream on from obs that doesn't only support windows?
Verysoft, splitcam, and obs virtual cam don't support macos.

I'm good now gave in and decided to use manycam. Didn't want to cause you have to pay an annual fee to get rid of the watermark and be able to stream on multiple platforms.

Sorry for all the questions but how do I get the audio to work on manycam? It's so complicated. It still won't work with soundflower.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191229-015039~2.png
    Screenshot_20191229-015039~2.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 9
Did you check out the youtube video "How to Setup Soundflower (MacOS Sierra 2017 System Audio Recording) - No BS Tutorial"? After that you, you should be able to select Soundflower through ManyCams settings.

isn't there other issues with splat camming? I mean like copyright, TOS, extra?

Copyright - no, streams aren't copyrighted as far as I know. While the sites "own" our streams and can use them for promotional purposes, it would be the promotional materials themselves that would be subject to copyright or similar issues.

TOS - depends on the site. Streamate is the only one I know of that prohibits splitting your stream, however you can still broadcast on other sites if you're using a second webcam, or even a second computer.

The biggest concerns with split camming are your machine's capabilities and your own.

It takes a lot of CPU to stream to one site, even more to splitcam. You need a powerful machine, and a new one at that. For example, I have a 2013 Toshiba Satellite. In 2014/2015 I could run the Adobe FMLE encoder, which is an absolute CPU whore, to stream to Streamate, use a second camera and Manycam to broadcast to two more sites, have YouTube playing music, and edit/upload videos between shows. I'm still using my 2013 machine now in 2019, because it's a beast and no amount of drops and spills have managed to take it out of commission, however age has taken its toll and I can't do as much with it anymore. The most I can have up while streaming now is SM Connect (way less stress on my machine than Adobe FMLE), plus the links to manually block people, Pandora or SoundCloud (YouTube will throttle me too much), and a Reddit window. Uploading or editing is out, as is using a second cam to stream elsewhere, because it's too hard on my machine and will make me lag like crazy. Even uploading pictures of panties I'm selling on Manyvids is too much work for my computer while I'm camming.

And the human element, as mentioned, is a big factor. Being able to juggle multiple chat rooms isn't an easy feat, and unless you're only typing your responses conversation can be confusing to viewers. Some people manage it quite well, but others struggle with focusing too much on one room and not the other.

@SaffronBurke - Thanks for the thorough rundown. Learned a ton from that. 🌟

I’ve been reading up on the topic as I want to help friend models here in Romania, and better grasp technical needs models have. Here my thoughts. Please shoot holes in it, so that I can improve them and iterate.

1) Speed/quality issues described above, seem to be a result of the so-called “local” tools (ex. Manycam, Verysoft, etc.) putting heavy lifting on laptop/WIFI.

2) Cloud-based solutions like Restream.io should therefore logically resolve this. However it’s ridiculously expensive, for the value it's providing. (not tailored to cam models -> added complexity)

3) However am I right that still many issues remain, as you carefully pointed out suffronbarke, that put the maximum of cam sites one can handle realistically at only 2-3?

Tried to list issues, in order of importance:
‣Chat (gets confusing, tiring to keep track)
‣Viewer focus (gets distracting, too obvious, rude, threat to regulars)
‣Private shows (often naked for free on other sites = no more pvt show perks, lower income)
‣Screen real estate (cam site chat windows clutter screen, a need for monitors)
‣Viewer & goal mgmt (almost impossible to keep track, for multiple cam sites)
‣WIFI (if not cloud-based, more cam sites might overload connection)
‣CPU or laptop ‘work power’ (if not cloud-based, laptop will get overheated)
‣Setup hassle (different devices, need different workarounds, dazing even the tech-savvy)

Did I miss anything or rank incorrectly?

Forgive me the audacity to think there are more intelligent ways models can use great cam sites like CB, MFC, SM, ..., to their advantage. The half-baked plug-in's and split tools don't solve this issue for most.

All we need is some good tech to unify and simplify. To be continued.

Hugs and kisses 💟

Hi all. I am sorry but I am still a little confuse on streaming on 2 sites at the same time using obs. I understand that I can open obs twice, one for each site. However, do I need a split-cam or many-cam as well to link it that way since I am using one webcam? I am hoping to stream to MFC & StripChat, maybe Chaturbate sometimes, at the same time. I do know that some services on MFC doesn't work on obs right now. This is for public chat purposes. Thank you.

Hi all. I am sorry but I am still a little confuse on streaming on 2 sites at the same time using obs. I understand that I can open obs twice, one for each site. However, do I need a split-cam or many-cam as well to link it that way since I am using one webcam? I am hoping to stream to MFC & StripChat, maybe Chaturbate sometimes, at the same time. I do know that some services on MFC doesn't work on obs right now. This is for public chat purposes. Thank you.

If you don't mind auto exposure then you can use logitech capture as a free splitter.

If you want to be able to easily adjust the settings like you would if you were just using it directly in OBS then you can use manycams and right click the video then properties to make those same adjustments.

Hi sorry I’m gonna try to explain this as best as I could... has anyone tried to stream on multiple cam sites with obs, using the same computer, but 2 different webcams?

I tried creating a new science for the 2nd webcam but it doesn’t show up. I’ve tried opening up 2 instances and creating a 2nd science that way but after I shut everything down and reopen, it’s not there.

I’m still researching but if anyone knows, please help 😊

Hi sorry I’m gonna try to explain this as best as I could... has anyone tried to stream on multiple cam sites with obs, using the same computer, but 2 different webcams?

I tried creating a new science for the 2nd webcam but it doesn’t show up. I’ve tried opening up 2 instances and creating a 2nd science that way but after I shut everything down and reopen, it’s not there.

I’m still researching but if anyone knows, please help 😊

If you are in windows and have 64bit obs installed you can use my batch script to quickly duplicate your existing obs and create a shortcut on your desktop with the portable tag that keeps the settings separate:
Edit: To clarify you'll be able to open your normal obs, but then also use the obs2 shortcut on your desktop to open a 2nd obs that keeps its settings separate.

Below is the code in the batch file, basically copies your currently installed obs to C:\obs2, then copies the settings, then makes a script to create a shortcut and point it to the c:\obs2 exe file and adds the --portable to the shortcut and what that does is tell obs to keep the settings in the folder instead of the appdata user directory.

Code:
xcopy "%programfiles%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\*.* /e
xcopy "%AppData%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\config\obs-studio\*.* /e
set SCRIPT="%TEMP%\%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%.vbs"

echo Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") >> %SCRIPT%
echo sLinkFile = "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\obs2.lnk" >> %SCRIPT%
echo Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile) >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.TargetPath = "c:\obs2\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Arguments = "--portable" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.WorkingDirectory = "C:\obs2\bin\64bit" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Save >> %SCRIPT%

cscript /nologo %SCRIPT%
del %SCRIPT%

If you are in windows and have 64bit obs installed you can use my batch script to quickly duplicate your existing obs and create a shortcut on your desktop with the portable tag that keeps the settings separate:
Edit: To clarify you'll be able to open your normal obs, but then also use the obs2 shortcut on your desktop to open a 2nd obs that keeps its settings separate.

Below is the code in the batch file, basically copies your currently installed obs to C:\obs2, then copies the settings, then makes a script to create a shortcut and point it to the c:\obs2 exe file and adds the --portable to the shortcut and what that does is tell obs to keep the settings in the folder instead of the appdata user directory.

Code:
xcopy "%programfiles%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\*.* /e
xcopy "%AppData%\obs-studio\*.*" C:\obs2\config\obs-studio\*.* /e
set SCRIPT="%TEMP%\%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%-%RANDOM%.vbs"

echo Set oWS = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") >> %SCRIPT%
echo sLinkFile = "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\obs2.lnk" >> %SCRIPT%
echo Set oLink = oWS.CreateShortcut(sLinkFile) >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.TargetPath = "c:\obs2\bin\64bit\obs64.exe" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Arguments = "--portable" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.WorkingDirectory = "C:\obs2\bin\64bit" >> %SCRIPT%
echo oLink.Save >> %SCRIPT%

cscript /nologo %SCRIPT%
del %SCRIPT%
Is it the same as doing this? I got this from an obs discord support

Attachments

• FF3BAD61-1824-484E-B1BC-CE447E185923.jpeg
    FF3BAD61-1824-484E-B1BC-CE447E185923.jpeg
    348.3 KB · Views: 12
Dang, this is multitaksing at it's finest! I just started using the OBS studio and it kept logging off and it was pretty frustrating so I havent used it again but I like that it's HD streaming and widescreen. Anyone have any pointers on how to make this work better? I guess I need to be closer to my router?

Status
Not open for further replies.