AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

St George's Day

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 17, 2010
Teesside, UK
to all the english peeps here, happy St George's Day

Attachments

• _st_george_and_the_dragon.jpg
    _st_george_and_the_dragon.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 91
Not even english people care about St Georges day now!! Can't even put the st georges flag up because muslims and other religions consider it to be racist. Political correctness gone mad but i won't get into it any further.

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 76
mrballou said:
Never heard of St. Georges day unless you mean Easter.

st george is the patron saint of england, traditionally celebrated today, 23/4 (also an easy way to remember it)
it is occasionally moved to other dates when it conflicts with easter. but since i don't have any truck with all this religious crap i'm sticking with today.

it is surprisingly under celebrated in england as compared to the patron saint of ireland, i guess that is because guinness aren't involved.

addendum, when i was running the pub a couple of years ago we got an email from head office saying that we were not allowed to put up flags or posters that featured the george cross, since it was a year that had international football it made the the national press. the reason that was given is that it encouraged racist attitudes.

Fenix001 said:
mrballou said:
Never heard of St. Georges day unless you mean Easter.

st george is the patron saint of england, traditionally celebrated today, 23/4 (also an easy way to remember it)
it is occasionally moved to other dates when it conflicts with easter. but since i don't have any truck with all this religious crap i'm sticking with today.

it is surprisingly under celebrated in england as compared to the patron saint of ireland, i guess that is because guinness aren't involved.

addendum, when i was running the pub a couple of years ago we got an email from head office saying that we were not allowed to put up flags or posters that featured the george cross, since it was a year that had international football it made the the national press. the reason that was given is that it encouraged racist attitudes.

This.

St George is the patron saint of many many many countries - not just the UK. However, St Georges day is largely un-noticed at present...didn't even realise it was St. Georges day. 10 years ago we were having bbq's, parties, into the pub - flags, all sorts. It was great fun.

I'd argue it has nothing to do with religious minorities or anyone else as to why St. George's day is no longer really celebrated, and everything to do with the media and a few nut jobs at local government who seem to think anything inherently "English" is going to offend and discriminate against anyone who isn't white, Christian AND can trace heritage back 1000 years.

Most religious minorities I know get really annoyed that they're portrayed as being the reason things aren't allowed, and even more annoyed that people make assumptions as to what may be offensive without ever bothering to ask.

The media did a huge piece about how St. George's cross is now associated with the BNP or football hooligans and therefore represents either racist viewpoints, or acts like a banner for anti social psychos to gather. Sadly, by removing the St. George's cross from such national days, garden fetes, pubs, town halls, churches and other public areas or events - they are actually reinforcing this view by making it the preserve of the aforementioned sections.

Really disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.