AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Steam midsummer sale

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Portal 2, it was half off at $25. I swear, that's the lowest price at the monment. Not sure if I would like X3 though, sounds a bit meh to me.

nerdguy said:
Bought Portal 2, it was half off at $25. I swear, that's the lowest price at the monment. Not sure if I would like X3 though, sounds a bit meh to me.

I heard X3 has a huge learning curve with no valuable tutorial. My friend actually had to go play X2 and do the tutorials. So unless you're a big fan, I would pass.

Keithy said:
nerdguy said:

I heard X3 has a huge learning curve with no valuable tutorial. My friend actually had to go play X2 and do the tutorials. So unless you're a big fan, I would pass.

X3 was a big learning curve for sure, but it was still more than worth it. X3 Terran Conflict is actually the sequel to X3 and is MUCH more user friendly and there are tutorials and stuff. I still say it's more than worth it. X3 and TC have made it onto several top 20 PC games of all time lists.

There is literally just so much to do, so much flexibility in a HUGE living universe with its own economy, wars, etc...to fly directly from one side of the universe to another would take hours - at the very least. You can even destroy, cripple, or boost the economy if you so desire - by both mercantile and more violent means.

There's no artificial supply of goods...ie the computer doesn't cheat at the economy. Everything has to start as resources, be it iron ore, wheat, solar energy....then you combine these resources to produce secondary components which are then used by other space stations to make computer chips, quantum tubes....all manner of things until eventually factories who are supplied with these resources will be able to make beam weapons, missiles, and various other technologies. You can even make and equip entire fleets of fighters producing every resource and component and weapon at your own personally-built space station factories if you choose.

Anyway, it IS a complex game, but that's what makes it such genius.

This review may explain it better http://www.manapool.co.uk/x3-terran-conflict-review/

Or even just the conclusion:
X3 is the kind of game you will either love or hate. For those people who like their space simulation, who enjoy the odd bit of trading, combat and immensely in-depth gameplay – X3: Terran Conflict will be a game you will enjoy for hundreds upon hundreds of hours. There’s so much content available, and so many different plotlines and activities that I can honestly say one game can easily last you for 200-300 hours. And your game experience can differ significantly based on your relationships with all races or the type of activities you carry out. Elite, Privateer, Eve – they’ve got nothing on the sort of depth that X3 offers.

Well, based on your information, I'm giving X3 a try. Hopefully I'll beat the learning curve and enjoy it. Right now I'm playing X-Com UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown for your UK folks). That game is purposely out to f you over at times, or at least it seems that way (certain research triggers enemy escalation but they don't tell you where, when or how).

Keithy said:
Well, based on your information, I'm giving X3 a try. Hopefully I'll beat the learning curve and enjoy it. Right now I'm playing X-Com UFO Defense (Enemy Unknown for your UK folks). That game is purposely out to f you over at times, or at least it seems that way (certain research triggers enemy escalation but they don't tell you where, when or how).

Hahaha yeah I played the X-Com games a lot when they first came out, they're great old games. Jagged Alliance is very similar turn-based tactical except with mercenaries and modern weapons etc (highly recommended).

I remember with X-Com you'd walk through a door and just get nailed in the head from 3 sides, one of those games you really have to micromanage and plan every single move for every character (and a lot of trial & error) ahh good times...great games. There was an X-Com 2 that was also fantastic, they kinda went downhill from there.

Yeah, I actually had X-Com when I was young. We had an imported and relabeled version. So everything OUTSIDE was UFO Defense. Everything INSIDE was Enemy Unknown. My dad and I played Terror From the Deep together a lot and then Apocalypse.

Today's picks are:
Dawn of War II- Retribution: I love Dawn of War games. I think I mentioned this before.
Magicka: I love this game. It's fun and funny. A little short and a lot of DLC but frankly, worth it.
Battlefield Bad Company 2: Fun game. Just don't expect a wall to protect you from a tank for long.
Borderlands: I love this game. 1-4 players. No matter what you need to play this game.
Fable III: I love all the fable games. This one is no different.
Fallout New Vegas: The new fallout games are awesome. Highly recommended.

Yeah Shogun 2 back on sale today as well - is an awesome game if you like the Total War series.

Last day of the sale today - also note there are unique free rewards to earn (last day of those two) I got a new sector in X3:TC and working toward a unique piece of wargear for DOWII Ret, they really easy to earn.

Oh btw Witcher 2 is 33% off too, it's a ridiculously brilliant game if you like action-rpgs. Those who like assassin's creed will love it.

I got 12 tickets, not nearly enough to get everything I wanted. Kind of sucks too since several of them seem to be exclusives to the event.

stupid thing is, they put in an achievement yesterday for X3 when it went on sale, but it's not doable by today if you got the game yesterday - unless you cheat.

No way a new player could get a powerful enough ship and weapons to destroy a solar power space station even probably in a week much less a day lol. You could sit a coffee cup on the fire button and take a nap and I still doubt you'd even get through the shields lol.

If even you could find a time when the servers weren't too busy to process your download. That was a pain for me.

Keithy said:
If even you could find a time when the servers weren't too busy to process your download. That was a pain for me.
Lol yeah I've managed to download one of the games I've bought in like 4 days

Status
Not open for further replies.