AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Still have CDs?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like to get CD's so that, heaven forbid something terrible should happen to my laptop, cell phone, and ipod simultaneously, I still have all the music I've purchased and can load it onto another computer.

Google Play remembers all the songs I've purchased in it and loads them onto my device when I get a new phone, and I can re-download songs I've purchased from Amazon, but there's always a possible that those services could wind up being defunct at some point, so I like to have the physical versions of my music.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MDouble00
I still have my old ones, some are useless.
In the summer I put 2-3 in my cherry trees to scare the birds (from eating the cherries) :D
Not working very well, I might add :haha:

Do you still have CDs?

Yes. Even though I usually listen to songs on YouTube, I do have a lot of CDs. I don't buy new CDs often, but it's pretty much a given that anytime Justin Timberlake releases a new full-length one, I'm buying it (most likely at Target, since many artists release "deluxe editions" that are exclusive to Target). :)

Yes. Even though I usually listen to songs on YouTube, I do have a lot of CDs. I don't buy new CDs often, but it's pretty much a given that anytime Justin Timberlake releases a new full-length one, I'm buying it (most likely at Target, since many artists release "deluxe editions" that are exclusive to Target). :)
Do you buy songs from itunes or Google Play?

I still burn mix CDs for my car! Originally it had a tape deck and I was super excited to get some cassettes, but the tape deck doesn't work for some reason.

I also have all the older Rammstein CDs and a Megadeth one floating around in the front passenger side...somewhere.

Do you buy songs from itunes or Google Play?

Nope. Last time I bought a song off iTunes, it was one of Adam Wakefield's (2nd place winner of The Voice) songs from two seasons ago.

Sometimes if I'm making a mix CD, and there's a song I really want, I'll buy the mp3 file from Amazon Music.

I still have tapes. Reel-to-reel, cassettes. I don't have any 8-track, but I'd love to get an old player and dig some up. They were a fixture in radio when I was a teenager who was still on the fence between being an artist or an audio engineer. I love analog recording.

And yes, I do have lots of CDs.

Over a thousand. I've been so spoilt by technology though that having to physically take a CD off the shelf, out of the case and place it in to a CD player now feels like a major inconvenience, to the point where if it's not on Spotify, I probably won't listen to it, even if I own it.

I own some CDs... growing up I had a wall of them, but now I have like... maybe 4. That I never listen to, but for some reason keeping them was comforting, and now they're sitting somewhere in an attic box, wishing I would touch them.

Yeah I keep them all in a giant box under my bed. I was also helping my parents clear out their Attic over the Christmas break and found a folder full of old mix CD's I used to make and keep in my first car. It was nice to re-listen to some forgotten jams from when I was like 17-18 back in 2007. I kept it and took it home with me.

I haven't bought any new ones or listened to my old ones for years though. They were all copied to PC way back in the day and now anything I listen to is through Spotify.

Yup! I got around 1000 CD albums...most of them now ripped to mp3's and stored on a couple of external drives for convenience of access. I occasionally buy mp3 downloads as well, through Amazon music, but never use other services like itunes or Spotify. I use a smart little Sony mp3 player to play them on when travelling. I still purchase albums on CD, as not all of the material I like to listen to can be found as digital download versions.

I still have around 800 vinyl albums knocking around, stored in about 20 odd large cardboard boxes in my spare room. One day, the plan is to get some good shelving up and turn it into a listening space... hopefully soon. :headphone::headphone::headphone:

:)

Reactions: cherrybomb1111
Google Play remembers all the songs I've purchased in it and loads them onto my device when I get a new phone, and I can re-download songs I've purchased from Amazon, but there's always a possible that those services could wind up being defunct at some point, so I like to have the physical versions of my music.

I still have tons of CDs but if they aren't in a book, they are probably jacked because they've basically just been left on recycled DVD/CDR spindles. I have all of my music currently on an external drive after my last PC got fried luckily I was able to salvage all the music. I haven't really bought a physical CD in almost 10 years, but the thought of one of the services that I bought my digital copies off of disappearing or going defunct would be terrible. I haven't done a mass backup burn to discs in probably 4 years and that was backing up stuff from probably a good 5 or 6 years before. Basically I probably should back up my external with another external and some CDR/DVDR discs as well.

Mm i have about 50 albums that are still playable. Usually if i get really attached to a band on pandora or spotify ill purchase their album. I like to listen to cd's on repeat in my car until i know every last lyric. Im one of those obnoxious people that listens to music way to fucking loud. Probably why i have hearing problems. But cds are great when i take rd trips and there isnt any radio or a signal on my phone to listen to music apps.

So many. Mostly because I haven't convinced my family that all the information on the disks I have backed up, on the internet, on a private server, that is also backed up, so there is literally no reason to keep them. Oh well. I have a few albums that I haven't gotten around to digitizing onto my computer, though, and a few are 'rare' so I need to get on that.

Yes, and I still have my old vinyl records, too. Do I listen to them? No. I have Google Play for that.

Reactions: Ambers Troll
Yes. I only buy new ones if I go to a concert but my CDs have a special place in my heart. I would never get rid of them.

Yeah, same. They make good mementos. I also still buy CDs from local artists and absolute faves when I find them in a thrift store.

Nick Carter > JT

yes... drivers for my laptop (just in case / backup) no music, no movies, no games. on the other hand.... if I go to my brother's place... its a nightmare , "a ton" of CDs ... tho its understandable for his job... i did exaggerate with the estimation but imagine 4 walls with shelves like public library full of dangerous stuff... emmm.. O-o I believe it's an radioactive environment there

I have over a thousand of them, most of which are stored in a nice 4-drawer oak cabinet in my living room. I was so proud of that cabinet when I bought it ages ago, but now it's just taking up space, and it weighs a ton. Still, I can't bring myself to get rid of the CDs. All of the CDs have been ripped to FLAC (for classical) and MP3 (everything else) and are stored on a NAS box and backed up to AWS. I play music at home with a Logitech Squeezebox which I got about 15 years ago. I still occasionally buy a CD if there's no MP3 available.

Am I the only one who still buys CDs? :bag: I do that on rare occasions when I really like the album. I must admit I don't listen to them, I prefer listening to music on my phone when I'm going somewhere or late at night when I wouldn't want to wake up my neighbors ;)

New music I purchase fully, download, and store on thumb drives... CD's are obsolete when it comes to new music.

USB to Micro USB connector allows you to plug your music into any device without over-extending memory or risking loss through some music provider that can sell up and leave you in silence.

Yeah, over a thousand, and I still keep my old cassettes--they're really handier in a car than CDs. My old LP collection got lost after several moves.

Welp agree to disagree :p

Hey did you catch the season premiere of The Voice?

I always chuckle when people go out of their way to tell me "So and so is better than (insert something I like)" as if they're stating a fact instead of opinion. Lol. Um...okay? :p

The only season of The Voice I followed closely was season 10, because my former voice teacher was on there. Since then, I've only caught bits and pieces of the show. The little bit I've watched so far, it sorta seems like Gwen Stefani is pressing her button after watching Blake Shelton press his button. Lol.

I wish they wouldn't spend so much time on each contestant's life stories (sob stories) though. I'm trying to enjoy good singing...not be bummed out hearing all about their alcohol addiction. I like the show, but it can be sooo nerve-wracking! Haha. When Ryan Quinn was eliminated in season 10, I think I actually dropped to the floor in shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.