AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Stolen Videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He took a dig at me. So yeah I'm annoyed. Sue me.

ETA: This was not meant to come off snarky. I am just over people talking shit. (Sorry, I was unaware that you spoke to him, his comment was just the last straw, I've been trying not to explode at people the last day or so.)

And I know this isn't DMP, but top of the page needs cuteness due to all the hostility:

Attachments

• puppies.jpg
    puppies.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 792
NicoleRiley said:
He took a dig at me. So yeah I'm annoyed. Sue me.
I'll contact Dwight's lawyer right now.

kidding.

But really, I warned him about the dig at you about your sex life, and after that, things escalated unnecessarily.

This is a shout out to everyone involved. Simmah. Down. Nah.

TheFluffsta said:
Why is PunkinDrublic the villain? I honestly do not get it. I think his dry, nonchalant tone is being misunderstood here.

Perhaps you're right. But that's one big misunderstanding. Out of his posts I've seen he has been nothing but rude to the point of being abusive to models. There is being a little argumentative or having a difference in opinion, and there is being a complete twat about it. One thing I will say, is he is consistently a twat. He also seems to be consistently rude to models rather than just rude to everyone. To be perfectly honest I was disappointed in this thread, I thought maybe he would be taking his rude ways and using them against the guy who records loads of videos. But no, apparently all he wanted to do was look past the member who'd openly been admitting to recording loads of videos and saying he has a right to it and call out Nicole in rightfully calling the guy scum. Now maybe he has different opinions of the word scum than most people, but come on... how can someone who seems to go around insulting people for bugger all reason actually get all pedantic on the word use of insults given by someone who actually has good reason to be making insults? It is very backwards.

Maybe he is just misunderstood and in reality this is all made with a lovely charming tone that no one would misunderstand... maybe all the things he's saying are actually just jokes and he hasn't realised that no one else seems to get them.

PunkinDrublic, you're hardly scum of the earth, but let's face it, you are a bit of a twat. What's more you clearly know it. You'd have to be seriously socially unaware not to realise that the things you say to girls on here are insulting and are going to cause strong reactions.

Just like the tone of your posts (Isabella) come off as harsh and blunt to many folks and you're allowed to do that, Punk's posts come off a bit twat-ish and blunt to you and some others.

It's the way of the world.

I said STAHP.

Subject is stolen videos.

Keep on it.

Isabella_deL said:
I do think people need to bear in mind that anything with a models face on it is copy written by her. It is automatic. You cannot take pictures of people and sell them without that person signing a release form.

Not necessarily true, in America. People have their pictures taken, and sold without their knowledge or consent all the time, and it is perfectly legal.

As to the copyright... it's not as simple as your face is on it, it's yours.

Copyright law is never cut and dry anymore. It's fairly muddy, often in ways to help big media producers, while fucking over the little guy. A good example is the recent Jonathan Coultan version of Baby Got Back used on Glee. Sure, Glee's producers paid the standard rights so Sir Mix-A-Lot would get his revenue as the original copyright holder; But absolutely no credit was given to Jonathan Coultan for his arrangement of the song, no permission gained for using it, and Fox simply said they were legally allowed to do it. It turns out there's a separate 'derivative work' license to be used when doing something like JoCo did with Baby Got Back, even though he paid the licensing fee to distribute his cover. So, legally, he has no claims to his own work on the song in terms of writing the new music and changing some lyrics. The only legal thing he can do, is if Glee used his actual sound recordings as the musical track (since he released a karaoke version of the song), then he can sue the shit out of Fox and Glee because he does maintain copyright on his own original recordings.

So, in terms of camming... the contract models sign explicitly states they give up all claims of copyright on their streams on the site they are working for, and that the streams become the property of the site. Anything streamed on the site through the models cam that is not explicitly copyrighted (video, music, etc.) becomes the property of the site. Most sites also mention to not have movies/TV/music on your stream because of this. There's a whole slew of potential legal problems when it comes to claiming that other work as your own because of the contract.

So, even though your face is on the stream, you hold no copyright over what is on the stream. The site does, and every model streaming has agreed to this.

Essentially, all models on any given site are streaming as 'work for hire.' Work for hire explicitly grants the copyright to the person doing the hiring. As an example, if you go to a photographer, and hire him/her to do photo shoots for you, then your contract would have to explicitly state that it is work for hire, and the photographer cannot claim any copyright and all rights revert to you. Without that in writing, then technically because the photographer took the photos, even if paid to do so, he/she can still claim (at least partial) copyright. That's why for my promo, that some ACF girls gave videos for, that I explicitly stated that all copyrights for the videos would be turned over to me as a work for hire. Now I just need to finish my Dead Space 3 review so I can get to editing the promo...

Now, anything you create, yourself, that isn't a work for hire? That's yours, automagically. If you record your own videos (not recorded form the stream on the site), take your own photos, etc., they are yours and all copyrights belong to you.

If, let's say, you and I were in the same area, and you snapped a picture and my face was in it, I have no legal grounds to claim copyright, because you took the picture. Even though my face is clearly visible, I have no legal grounds to stand on. If you took a video, and I walked through the shot, same thing. I have no legal grounds to stand on to claim copyright. The photographer/videographer holds the copyright, provided they are not working for hire for someone else. There are some cases where releases would need to be signed, but those have dwindled in recent years.

It might be different in the UK, though I doubt it. There's still tons of tabloid pics of celebs sold without permission of the celebs in the UK, as an example. And they're perfectly legal from what I have gathered.

Even with my own work that uses copyrighted material (my game reviews) I have to state in my copyright notice that only my original content (the review, the voiceover, if I put any video of myself) is copyright to me. Everything else is used under fair use for the purposes of review, but remains the property of the copyright and trademark holders. But, under the Fair Use Doctrine, my use of the copyrighted work owned by others is protected when it is used review or editorial purposes. It's why reviewers can use experts, footage, etc. from work they are reviewing in their reviews and not get sued for copyright infringement.

To be clear, the Fair Use Doctrine holds no sway over nor grants any protection to people recording the streams and posting them on forums/tube sites. It is very specific in what it covers. I'm sure the UK has something similar for reviews/parodies protection, but it would also not grant any protection to anyone recording streams off a cam site and then reposting them elsewhere. But the capping of video from streams to share, or reposting bought videos to share is not fair use.

Reactions: southsamurai
UncleThursday said:
It might be different in the UK, though I doubt it. There's still tons of tabloid pics of celebs sold without permission of the celebs in the UK, as an example. And they're perfectly legal from what I have gathered.

This does happen, but people are often caught at it and there have been cases where people have taken more serious action for it. A lot of the time for celebs though it actually is publicity, a lot of celebs deliberately get themselves caught on camera. If you ever notice there are some celebs you just never see in the papers or magazines, and that's nothing to do with them being bigger stars or not.

When I studied photography I was taught a lot about the legality of taking photos and other people being in them. It would be legal for me to take pictures and accidentally get people in the background, but if the people in the background are clearly recognisable and I distributed those photos, it'd be perfectly legal for me to do so, but said person in the background of the photo, or a picture of the person it was off could go "hey, that's me, what the hell?" and stir some trouble and get their claim from you. It was one of the things we were taught was to be very careful of who you catch on photo. Because this has happened many times, I think maybe there are loopholes. But if say a random person took a photo of me deliberately out on the street and then sold it, without my permission, then I think it would be more clear.

My point with this on mfc is that yes models have entered a legal agreement with mfc that gives mfc claim of our videos, but this is to do with the model and mfc. If a completely different person turned up and started recording me and selling my videos, if I could track him down I would be able to personally sue him. Mfc's claim over what I stream on mfc trumps my claim, because I've given it to them. Also if this Dwight guy believes that somehow when he warps bits out of mfc rules so it looks like mfc gives him permission to steal videos, then he should remember that all models agreed to mfc's terms and conditions, no where in the terms and conditions did mfc say that our work will become public domain and others will be allowed to record me. So if that were true, myfreecams would have broken contract, giving them, and definitely not dwight any rights to my work. The rights would belong to me. So basically, there is no loophole. If there were a loophole then you would simply be stealing someone else's work.

NicoleRiley said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:
It's harsh to call people scum when they devote their entire life to taking screencaps of models and posting them on the internet? Even after he said he operates simply due to a legal loophole and has shown that he couldn't care less about models? Really?

It's harsh to call anyone scum. Even women who sleep with disease ridden 60 year old strangers don't deserve to be called scum. The dude may be a huge parasite but with a industry as parasitic as adult entertainment, it shouldn't be that surprising that someone is going to try to make a buck off someone else. If he is as devoted as ya"ll claim him to be then I can't help but feel pity for the guy.

He deserves it. He's a piece of shit. Oh and fuck you :)

Do I really deserve it Nicole?

And for the record I never said anything negative about you (at least directly) in the thread you mentioned. I merely stated an opinion going on information you freely posted or mentioned online. I never called you a tramp, slut, etc., and I certainly never referred to you as "scum". I do not care what you say about me as it does not phase me, but I want to put it on the record that I did not use any derogatory terms to describe you.

Closest thing was perhaps when I said "wait and see who develops a rash..." or something along those lines, but again that was an indirect comment and I thought the "/sarcasm" should have backed up the joke.

Oh and for the record here...

I am the REAL Dwight. The individual who posted in here using my Dwight_K_Schrute moniker was someone posing as me and saying things I have not done. Although I certainly applaud their efforts as this provided some entertainment.

So howdy!

BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:
It's harsh to call people scum when they devote their entire life to taking screencaps of models and posting them on the internet? Even after he said he operates simply due to a legal loophole and has shown that he couldn't care less about models? Really?

It's harsh to call anyone scum. Even women who sleep with disease ridden 60 year old strangers don't deserve to be called scum. The dude may be a huge parasite but with a industry as parasitic as adult entertainment, it shouldn't be that surprising that someone is going to try to make a buck off someone else. If he is as devoted as ya"ll claim him to be then I can't help but feel pity for the guy.

And for the record I never said anything negative about you (at least directly) in the thread you mentioned. I merely stated an opinion going on information you freely posted or mentioned online. I never called you a tramp, slut, etc., and I certainly never referred to you as "scum". I do not care what you say about me as it does not phase me, but I want to put it on the record that I did not use any derogatory terms to describe you.

Closest thing was perhaps when I said "wait and see who develops a rash..." or something along those lines, but again that was an indirect comment and I thought the "/sarcasm" should have backed up the joke.

I am the REAL Dwight. The individual who posted in here using my Dwight_K_Schrute moniker was someone posing as me and saying things I have not done. Although I certainly applaud their efforts as this provided some entertainment.

So howdy!

Nobody here is going to care who the real Dwight is. You are not a celebrity either just because you record hundreds of camgirls and share these movies with cheap pervs all over the globe. You are the King of the Losers? Okay, well done. Have you shared this news with Mom yet?

Personally, I think guys like you should be put to death (the real Dwight). When you go this far out of your way to inflict harm upon people you have never met, I think it's about the worst thing you can do as a human being, right up there with murder and rape. Stop spouting off about laws too please. This really has nothing to do with law. This is about common sense and the basic difference between right and wrong. This is why people get so angry. You just use law to justify your actions because you know full well that internet law is crap and privacy law is even more crap. Oh well. Maybe a sinkhole will appear in your bedroom one day. Do you happen to live in Florida?

Swirl said:
Personally, I think guys like you should be put to death (the real Dwight). When you go this far out of your way to inflict harm upon people you have never met, I think it's about the worst thing you can do as a human being, right up there with murder and rape.
:shock:

Wow, drastic much?

I'm most definitely not one to encourage cappers, but jeez...

Swirl said:
BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:

So howdy!

Nobody here is going to care who the real Dwight is. You are not a celebrity either just because you record hundreds of camgirls and share these movies with cheap pervs all over the globe. You are the King of the Losers? Okay, well done. Have you shared this news with Mom yet?

Personally, I think guys like you should be put to death (the real Dwight). When you go this far out of your way to inflict harm upon people you have never met, I think it's about the worst thing you can do as a human being, right up there with murder and rape. Stop spouting off about laws too please. This really has nothing to do with law. This is about common sense and the basic difference between right and wrong. This is why people get so angry. You just use law to justify your actions because you know full well that internet law is crap and privacy law is even more crap. Oh well. Maybe a sinkhole will appear in your bedroom one day. Do you happen to live in Florida?

Pity that you have so much hate and wish death upon people. That really says a lot about what sort of character (or lack thereof) you have.

And I never said anything about the law on here, so where the fuck do you get off chastising me over that? As was mentioned I never posted as "Dwight_K_Schrute" here. So get your facts straight or comprehend what was said in my only post here prior to this.

And no, I do not live in a place where I have to worry about sinkholes. Should I now wish that you get smacked by a bus? Fight fire with fire right? I don't think I will, because I 1. don't know you and 2. have done you no wrong. It's funny how you seem to be so hurt and angry over it. Which model(s) do you white knight over?

And I never claimed to be a celebrity. Again spouting off false information.

And finally for one piece of information I have helped several models out in the past and presently. And I am not talking about with tokens or a monetary means only.

Pirates are interesting to me, particularly the prolific ones, like Schrute. There's something very specific about the act of recording a live cam session, labeling it, then putting it on display for other men to enjoy. And they're so fierce about protecting their right to do it.

It's an odd thing to fight for.

I got this email once from a guy who said he recorded one of my group shows. I wasn't sure why he told me and I didn't have the urge to ask him, so when I didn't respond, he wrote again to let me know that if I didn't give him a free Skype show with "DP AND LOTS OF DIRTY TALK BITCH" he would upload that clip to "EVERY FORUM ON THE INTERNET." While I had my doubts he would actually post my vid on every forum on the internet, I got the general idea. And the caps proved that he meant business. They didn't work, but it was a solid attempt.

I think that's where the "scum" comes in, PunkInDruplic. I agree that, superficially, they can be parasitic. I'm sure some just like having copies of what they see and enjoy sharing it with other guys as some form of cock-on-cock bonding, which I'm sure isn't nearly as homoerotic as it seems. But when some of these men record shows to terrorize cam girls, it goes beyond a casual interest in collecting and sharing masturbation material. There's an undertone of taking something against our will and using it to hurt us. Whether it does hurt us depends on the cam girl, but I don't think that matters.

When these vids collectors cry "freedom" and put on their pretend lawyer-pants, they're missing the point. If you know that recording and distributing a cam show is traumatic to some cam girls and you do it anyway, you're a dick. You're either the kind of guy who doesn't care that you could be hurting the woman you recorded, or you're the kind of guy who hopes you're hurting the woman you recorded. And no form of rationalization can change the fact that you're responsible for what you do and the impact it has. Not our choice to be cam girls, not the fact we get naked, not the minutiae of MFC's contract, not your choice to believe that we're fake, unfeeling robots rather than living, breathing women. Real harm can be done when a cam girl is recorded and distributed without her consent. It takes a uniquely awful human being to be cool with that.

Or, you can get consent. As arduous as it might be to talk to a woman directly and get her consent, it's an important step. It happens to be the defining quality in being a fucking man.

Swirl said:
Personally, I think guys like you should be put to death (the real Dwight). When you go this far out of your way to inflict harm upon people you have never met, I think it's about the worst thing you can do as a human being, right up there with murder and rape.
laugh1v6b10rssh.gif

Good responses to my questions... thanks :thumbleft:

Now, Re reading this thread to remind me WTF it was about, I got to thinkin....

"free publicity" is what most celebs get when their music is bootlegged, their movies are downloaded, and photos and video clips of them are re uploaded everywhere.

Are they getting screwed? Yes.
Is the content "stolen"? Yes.

Do most of them cry about it? I doubt it. When you are out to be seen and make a name, any attention is good attention.

BUT, I know web cam models are not really bucking for a major place in the public spotlight. I think sometime they forget that never repeated enough internet rule "once you put it out there, it's there forever".

Will you ever be able to run for public office? Probably not, the more intense the race for that position the more people you'll have digging into your past. There are probably a lot of jobs in the future you'll kick yourself over losing because of your short career in web camming.

I don't think people consider the long term repercussions of their choices, and the internet just opened up a lot of roads to skip down not thinking or caring about 20 yrs from now.

That's why I said come to grips with your job and the side effects or get another job.

Video copying and the spreading of it on the internet is something you have little power to control, and the more popular you are, and the more sites you use.... the difficulty is going to multiply.

Don't take this the wrong way but I hope all of your web cam fame dies quickly into a deep obscure impossible to find grave on the unvisited end of the internet. I mean that as well wishes so your lives are not negatively impacted by it.

There is a lot of stuff I did when I was young I wish would have died in a deep hole of obscurity somewhere. Just when I forget about it, some idiot digs it up just when I really don't need it dug up.
:lol:

Paulie Walnuts said:
Don't take this the wrong way but I hope all of your web cam fame dies quickly into a deep obscure impossible to find grave on the unvisited end of the internet. I mean that as well wishes so your lives are not negatively impacted by it.
:lol:
I really hope it doesn't because camming will give me credibility and experience that I can list on a resume in the career I *may* switch to if I ever fully retire from camming. But, I fully intend to cam for as long as possible because there are people into granny porn.

I wonder if my boobs will 'drop' low enough that I'll be able to spin them in circles while doing granny strip teases. :think: :dance:

Believe it or not, some of us planned our camming careers out and intend to use them in some shape or form throughout the rest of our lives.

Paulie Walnuts said:
That's why I said come to grips with your job and the side effects or get another job.

Sure, but that's different.

It's easy to say, "That's what you get when you get naked on the internet," and as advice, that's fine. It becomes a problem when that logic's applied as a kind of justification, as if the fact it's inevitable makes it acceptable.

I don't think anyone here is "crying" about it. It's a reality and we know it. I think most of the discussion has been over whether what they're doing is wrong.

BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:

Yes. Yes you do. Maybe I'll go with what is apparently the "less harsh" word :icon-rolleyes: ..parasite.

Why is this thread still happening?!

People are dicks, they will always be dicks. The end! :thumbleft:

Isabella_deL said:
UncleThursday said:

This does happen, but people are often caught at it and there have been cases where people have taken more serious action for it. A lot of the time for celebs though it actually is publicity, a lot of celebs deliberately get themselves caught on camera. If you ever notice there are some celebs you just never see in the papers or magazines, and that's nothing to do with them being bigger stars or not.

When I studied photography I was taught a lot about the legality of taking photos and other people being in them. It would be legal for me to take pictures and accidentally get people in the background, but if the people in the background are clearly recognisable and I distributed those photos, it'd be perfectly legal for me to do so, but said person in the background of the photo, or a picture of the person it was off could go "hey, that's me, what the hell?" and stir some trouble and get their claim from you. It was one of the things we were taught was to be very careful of who you catch on photo. Because this has happened many times, I think maybe there are loopholes. But if say a random person took a photo of me deliberately out on the street and then sold it, without my permission, then I think it would be more clear.

This might be a difference in UK law over US law. I am aware of no such, for lack of a better term, rights management when it comes to having people in a shot in the US.

Isabella_deL said:
My point with this on mfc is that yes models have entered a legal agreement with mfc that gives mfc claim of our videos, but this is to do with the model and mfc. If a completely different person turned up and started recording me and selling my videos, if I could track him down I would be able to personally sue him. Mfc's claim over what I stream on mfc trumps my claim, because I've given it to them. Also if this Dwight guy believes that somehow when he warps bits out of mfc rules so it looks like mfc gives him permission to steal videos, then he should remember that all models agreed to mfc's terms and conditions, no where in the terms and conditions did mfc say that our work will become public domain and others will be allowed to record me. So if that were true, myfreecams would have broken contract, giving them, and definitely not dwight any rights to my work. The rights would belong to me. So basically, there is no loophole. If there were a loophole then you would simply be stealing someone else's work.

I don't even think what Dwight posted is in relation to streams, at all (even if he thinks it is), nor the actual public domain. Instead, what he quoted, I believe, relates more to things posted on one's profile, or said in a chat room.

By posting Content on this website, you automatically grant, and represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to MFC and visitors of MFC, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully-paid, worldwide license to use, copy, perform, display, and distribute such information, rights of publicity and Content and to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works and other media, such information and Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.

So, if MFC wanted to use any pics on my profile for any reason, I have agreed to it by posting said pics on my profile. If I say something completely funny in a chat room they want to use in something, I have agreed to it by posting it on MFC in a chatroom or PM. If I design and make an animated GIF for the site, I agree to let them use it in whatever means they want. But, it also means I am granting the same thing to visitors of MFC; IE they can save my pics, etc. and use it if they want.

So, what he posted has nothing to do with the webcam streams, at all. The streams are owned by MFC (or whichever site is being used to stream the model). Anything a model or member posts in a room or on their profile, the site has the permission of the poster/uploader to use in any means they deem fit (advertising, etc.); in effect, granting the site a license to use the content. While the copyright has not changed, by posting pics of his/herself the user/model is agreeing that they have granted the site a license to the use of that image, for example.

And, in the end, that's all copyright really is. The ability to either solely reproduce something one produces, or the granting of a license to someone else to reproduce it. It is the right to copy something.

I'm sure YouTube, FaceBook, etc. all have similar clauses in their TOS about what is uploaded and what the sites in question can do with them. Though, some people are getting a bit miffed at things like major network shows (most often late night talk shows) using their videos posted on sites like YouTube without any permission or compensation; even if it is free publicity for the video maker. In that way, they see the major networks as hypocrites: deriding and suing the ever living shit out of anyone who dares violate the network's copyrights, while at the same time not respecting the copyrights of the users who made the videos they like to show (most often for comical value).

It's why I wish there were more license options on YouTube. Currently there is only the standard YouTube license and a Creative Commons BY license. My own videos, for example, are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs Unported 3.0 license. This means I allow them to be shared provided the following restrictions are adhered to:

Attribution: I must get full credit for my work.
NonCommercial: I do not allow it to be used in a commercial endeavor unless they get written permission from me. (An example being that the late night shows may not use my videos without written permission.)
NoDerivs: No derivative works without written permission from me.

The Creative Commons license for my videos doesn't replace traditional copyright, mind you, but it is merely a license for how the videos may be shared online. If the license is not adhered to, then I would go through traditional copyright methods to resolve the issue.

Ugh, and I just noticed a spelling mistake in my actual copyright/license card for my videos. Great, one more thing to edit...

Paulie Walnuts wrote:

I agree, this can't be used as justification. Guys who think we are being whiney bitches when we fuss about being recorded suck. A lack of negative reaction to being recorded makes it seem like it isn't a big deal. Sure, some guys get off on the fact that you get mad, but others might be completely oblivious that you don't approve. I feel like in any other job you can fuss about the negative realities of your job coming true and nobody will fault you for it, but God FORBID a cam girl fusses that the most negative aspect of her job- one that can possibly threaten her safety and take advantage of her livelihood, as well as countless other negative effects- becomes a reality. It's important to fight back on this so that the side effect of being recorded becomes less of a likelihood as the industry moves forward. That won't happen unless we fight back.

Moreover, you have to be a really specific kind of asshole to be the one who ensures that the difficulties of someones job becomes a reality, then makes fun of them when they get upset about it! That is just as shitty as laughing at a waitress who gets upset when they realize you didn't leave them any kind of tip. They know that it happens sometimes, it is a reality of that job, and they have every right to be upset when someone intentionally stiffs them. I am sure there are other, better examples of this but I can't think of any.

I can't take credit for this post, but it needed to be shared and I agree with it wholeheartedly.

Sure, you have every right to be pissed off that your work is being pirated. I'm sure most celebrities are somewhat pissed over all the copyright crime going around.

But to my point, there is very little you can do about it. It's a side effect of popularity.

I agree it's slimy to record a private then resell it. But every business has it's bottom feeders, trying to get rid of them is futile.

If you guys thought I was suggesting you shouldnt be upset, or that pirating privates is somehow excusable, I apologize for not being more clear.

Be angry, be pissed, make whatever effort you like to try to curb it.... but it's mostly a futile act that'll just give you a headache. Digital media is just to easy to copy, it's a drawback of using it.

Paulie Walnuts said:
Sure, you have every right to be pissed off that your work is being pirated. I'm sure most celebrities are somewhat pissed over all the copyright crime going around.

But to my point, there is very little you can do about it. It's a side effect of popularity.

I agree it's slimy to record a private then resell it. But every business has it's bottom feeders, trying to get rid of them is futile.

If you guys thought I was suggesting you shouldnt be upset, or that pirating privates is somehow excusable, I apologize for not being more clear.

Be angry, be pissed, make whatever effort you like to try to curb it.... but it's mostly a futile act that'll just give you a headache. Digital media is just to easy to copy, it's a drawback of using it.

Honestly (in my opinion anyways), it's less about the fact that our work is being pirated (although that does matter) and more about the fact that when we're camming, we have the ability to geo-block locations and a lot of camgirls do this for safety reasons. Our capped material isn't geo-restricted and if, for example, that creepy guy that lives down the street from me happens across a screencap/recording of me, he's going to know exactly where to find me whereas if that same creepy guy that lives down the street happens upon MFC, it's less likely that he's going to find me since I have my location blocked. Sure, there are still ways around it and those of us who have been in this business are well aware of it, but it's at least a small thing that's in place to help models stay safe from harm.

Yes, these are all risks that we take as camgirls working our butts off in this business but it seems that cappers have no regard for our personal safety whatsoever and I think that's the thing that a lot of people get worked up over.

Saying to a camgirl "Your shit's gonna be all over the internet, so, if you don't like it then don't work it"

Is a lot like saying to ANY woman "If you dress nice people are gonna touch you inappropriately. If you don't like it don't dress nice."

We have autonomy and freedom to make money. Just because shitty people do shitty things and try to hurt camgirls (or really anyone) online doesn't make it right. It just means you're a doormat for those that would continue to do it.

Obviously, people are going to do what they want to do. Since I intend to stick with this job as long as possible and actually make a career out of it, there are some things I'm going to have to deal with.

If you don't want people to steal your content, don't post it.
If you don't want people to steal your music, never share it.
If you don't want people taking the words you write and using them as their own, don't type anything and post it online.

But then if you never share it, then you also never get recognition in the first place. If I didn't start camming, despite what may happen 20 years down the line, I might not even be alive today. Or if I was alive, I probably wouldn't be very happy.

So, you know, telling us to "just get over it" isn't actually helpful. :twocents-02cents:

NicoleRiley said:
BeetFarmer said:
NicoleRiley said:
PunkInDrublic said:
AllisonWilder said:

Yes. Yes you do. Maybe I'll go with what is apparently the "less harsh" word :icon-rolleyes: ..parasite.

Why is this thread still happening?!

People are dicks, they will always be dicks. The end! :thumbleft:

See you at the convention next year in Vegas "bb" so you can say it to my face? I bet a lot of models would relish that opportunity.

What is comical is that you piss and moan about me (even though I had not shown up in the thread until after the fact) and then you piss and moan about it being continued when you are questioned on your choice of words. I still have not taken the low road and said anything derogatory about you as a person. Anything I may have said were observations or opinions, not a direct insult. Could I have said "Boy, Nicole is such a fucking whore!"? Sure, but why would I? Doing that does absolutely nothing.

You opened yourself up to a discussion by choosing to publicly berate me. It honestly doesn't phase me and if anything makes me laugh. A lot of the things I see models post about me on Twitter, social media or that they have stated in their MFC rooms makes me laugh. It's almost like a badge of honour.

:hello2: :handgestures-salute:

BeetFarmer said:
See you at the convention next year in Vegas "bb" so you can say it to my face? I bet a lot of models would relish that opportunity.

Wow. Took you four days to get to that? What's next? "My dad can beat up your dad" a week from now? And somehow, I get the sneaking suspicion you wouldn't be brave enough to introduce yourself to her in person if you had the opportunity.

BeetFarmer said:
You opened yourself up to a discussion by choosing to publicly berate me. It honestly doesn't phase me and if anything makes me laugh.

I kinda get the impression it does. If it didn't, you likely wouldn't have signed up here to "defend" yourself and claim that it doesn't phase you :?

BeetFarmer said:

What is comical is that you piss and moan about me (even though I had not shown up in the thread until after the fact) and then you piss and moan about it being continued when you are questioned on your choice of words. I still have not taken the low road and said anything derogatory about you as a person. Anything I may have said were observations or opinions, not a direct insult. Could I have said "Boy, Nicole is such a fucking whore!"? Sure, but why would I? Doing that does absolutely nothing.

You opened yourself up to a discussion by choosing to publicly berate me. It honestly doesn't phase me and if anything makes me laugh. A lot of the things I see models post about me on Twitter, social media or that they have stated in their MFC rooms makes me laugh. It's almost like a badge of honour.

:hello2: :handgestures-salute:

I would LOVE for you to walk up and introduce yourself in Vegas. Please do. You do not scare me. Trying to intimidate me is comical. I have never talked about you on Twitter or have ever mentioned you anywhere before. You are not someone I think about on a daily basis. I just saw what I thought was you post and said what was on my mind about "you" trying to justify what you do. I think that you making money off other people is totally wrong. But that's my opinion.

It obviously does phase you, because I was done talking about it and you felt the need to continue. If you're going to step on people's toes then you need to learn to handle being disliked.

:twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.